12 Hyperessence Matale (2005)

12 Hyperessence Matale by Pierre Guillaume

12 Hyperessence Matale is a perfume by Pierre Guillaume for women and men and was released in 2005. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesMint, Jasmine, Bergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesBlack tea
Base Notes Base NotesCedar, Leather accord

Submitted by Seglein, last update on 15.02.2019

7.0 7.0 7.0 7.5/10

Breathe freely
Since the Circe had becirtst me from the same label, I also tried curiously Matale.

The floating character is similar, but the message of the fragrances is different.

While the Circe confronts me flirty, Matale promises me relief.
I have to think of my drop of Japanese healing oil, which I dribble on my pillow in the evening as a precaution so that I can breathe freely in my sleep.
The bergamot with the teen note reminds me of waking cold nights, when I prepare infusions with Soledum, and warm myself at the hot drink.
So my associations with the fragrance are not exactly positive, because who thinks of coughing, sniffles, hoarseness ?
?
If I put these feverish pictures aside, an interesting scent remains.
Even in healthy times, the mint note, interwoven with bergamot, is quite pleasant.
The tea aroma blows over it, and the leather sets an exclusive accent.
Cedar is smoky and slightly mystical.

Nevertheless, I cannot resist the impression of a medical tincture.
Maybe I have made too many Soledum infusions in my life?
Matale reminds me a lot of malade.

But after a spray, my nose is clear.

A fragrance for my perfume medicine chest.
5.0 5.0 10.0 10.0/10

scenario in a bottle
This perfume unleashes an entire scenario in my mind. Simultaneously it hits me with delicious smoky tea, a big bar of expensive soap, and cool, soothing metal. My mental image: 1) Working hard building something or moving heavy boxes all day in the 90+F (35+C) heat; 2)Met at the door by my beloved; 3) Meanwhile it starts to rain and cool off outside; 4) I take a shower with a big bar of unscented triple-milled French soap and get into a fluffy white terrycloth robe; and 5) he hands me a pewter freezer-chilled mug of lukewarm mate' tea. It's strong & luxurious but with some subtlety as well. Just beautiful. (113010)

by Hermessenz