25 Indochine 2011

25 Indochine by Pierre Guillaume
25 Indochine is a popular perfume by Pierre Guillaume for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is spicy-woody. It is still in production. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesCambodian pepper, Sri Lankan cardamom
Heart Notes Heart NotesThanaka wood, Laotian honey
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoin Siam

Submitted by Chipsy, last update on 06.10.2020.

On this we agree
I haven't really warmed to Pierre Guillaume's scents yet. Actually I like them, but one who really picked me up so that I would have wanted to buy him as well was not there yet. Monsieur Guillaume is quite good at head note blenders, he can be crushingly sweet, and he can mallet. I'll never forget my first encounter withomassai. One of the executives at my former workplace used to marinate with Aomassai. How I would have loved to have had a gas mask at some meetings in small meeting rooms and especially in the elevator, but that doesn't matter here.

Monsieur Guillaume has almost picked me up many times. Because some fragrances so often lack the Swabian Muggaseggale, which I discussed in another comment - a tiny little bit and it's love...

Again I tested one of his fragrances with Indochine and was curious what would happen this time. I admit, there is no PG scent that leaves me cold. They all have something. First taster - pfui! That's not possible! If I look at the comments of some of the other perfumers here, I'm probably not alone. There were impressions of rotten leather and other less fine odeurs. So I forgot Indochine for the time being and gave him 20-30 minutes. And suddenly I smelled something unspeakably fine, delicate, sweet-spicy. From pfui to hui, so to speak. I can perceive the cardamom and the pepper and a dusty-dry honey. Almost like honey wine or a delicious, sweet ice wine. Could also be a fine liqueur. There is also a note that somehow reminds me of sand. I definitely have an association with desert. I smell fine wood notes and everything smokes discreetly and pleasantly. Like finest pipe tobacco. Mmmh, that pleases my beak
Above all, I can imagine it very well on my husband. He has a certain resemblance to Phaedon's Dzhari, which my husband also owns and which I like very much about him. So I gave him the sample and was curious what to expect. Our tastes don't always coincide and he often complains about scents that I find good at first. Sometimes I even have the feeling that his nose, although he is not a perfume, is much more spoiled than my own. Not so with Indochine. He applied it immediately and raved that it would smell very nicely of pipe tobacco. Exactly what I had also noticed. Funnily enough, even this initial muff note does not show up in the projection. So you can only perceive it if you go directly with your nose to the sprayed area
I find the discreet charisma pleasing. Tfortwo had mentioned that it is well suited for the office, which I can only sign. No wummser like Aomassai, which can quickly become unbearable for the environment when used in high doses. The durability is the only thing I have to complain about a bit. It could be better. But even quieter and more short-lived fragrances have something to offer. I myself often prefer such candidates and have some of them in my collection as well. Yes, this is indeed one that I might give to my beloved one some day. I think, now Pierre will stop by and pick me up.
Odd luck
If I hadn't read FvSpee's quite wonderful commentary a long time ago, long before I was allowed to smell Indochine 25 for the first time - I would probably have felt like him at first.

Vietnamese friends had invited us to discover their old homeland together with them. We spent almost four weeks travelling together, were introduced to the families, lived there many a day as guests in their houses, ate almost exclusively either with the families or on the street, also things (and animals) that are not always completely compatible with Central European eating habits, delicious flat cakes made from bristle worms living on the seabed for example. We got wheezing coughs in the exhaust gas-impregnated air of Hanoi and circulation problems in the sauna infusion heat (40° ++) of Saigon. We fed, smelled, felt and marveled our way through Vietnam, guided by our friends who opened doors for us and a rich, new world of knowledge. Everything smells, smells, stinks, one nasal sensation after the other, intensified by the sultry damp heat and unfortunately often enough sensation shifted by heat headaches or slight circulatory problems.

Indochine 25 is quite different. Probably I would have located the scent in a desert context, Namib or Australian outback perhaps, in the late morning possibly, in the short transition period from nightly cold to daytime heat. It smells of dry wood, rustling dried grasses and bitter honey. It is dust-dry and also somewhat dusty, hovering around the wearer with bitter-mild, delicately spicy and dry-sweet resinousness and - and I am more than happy to quote here, because FvSpee always finds them, the words that cannot be found better - of a soft, wise and mildly resigned melancholy.

Fortunately, the rotten leather association does not come about due to lack of rotten leather experience, but I recognize the medicinal herbal note described several times at the beginning, the only moment in the course of the fragrance, which could somehow remind me of the exuberant, belligerent, noisy, and moist scents of Vietnam, of the often medicated and soapy tasting herbs, which are served with almost every dish in an unbelievable variety.

For me, Indochine is a fantastic office fragrance precisely because of its light wistfulness, its fine, clarified transparency and its hint of unsweet sweetness - if carefully dosed at least. To have him and to carry him makes me happy in a strange way.

Last train:
The durability is just about right, after a good four hours there is not much left to smell on my skin, but on my clothes the smell lasts until the working afternoon. Projection and sillage are very moderate after a brilliant start.

Dear Serenissima, thank you very much for the sample - without you I would have missed a wonderful fragrance.

by EstherHebe
by EstherHebe
by Hatka
by Hatka
by Siebter
by Siebter

Popular Pierre Guillaume

Aqaysos by Pierre Guillaume Myrrhiad by Pierre Guillaume 19 Louanges Profanes by Pierre Guillaume Monsieur by Pierre Guillaume 21 Felanilla by Pierre Guillaume 12.1 Un Crime Exotique by Pierre Guillaume 10 Aomassaï by Pierre Guillaume 18 Cadjméré by Pierre Guillaume 4.1 Le Musc & La Peau by Pierre Guillaume Poudre de Riz by Pierre Guillaume 8.1 L'Ombre Fauve by Pierre Guillaume 20 L'Eau Guerrière by Pierre Guillaume 02 Cozé by Pierre Guillaume 9.1 Komorebi by Pierre Guillaume 14 Iris Oriental / Iris Taizo by Pierre Guillaume 3.1 Arabian Horse by Pierre Guillaume 7.1 Grand Siècle Intense by Pierre Guillaume Ambre Céruléen by Pierre Guillaume Naïviris by Pierre Guillaume Bois de Copaïba by Pierre Guillaume