Gold Sugar (2012)

Gold Sugar by Pink Sugar

Gold Sugar is a perfume by Pink Sugar for women and was released in 2012. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It was last marketed by Selectiva.

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin, Neroli, Orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesCrème-Brûlée, Coconut, Orange blossom
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Cream, Australian sandalwood

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 04.07.2019

6.0 7.0 9.0 8.0/10

Calorie-free coconut dessert!
I've been looking for a good coconut scent for the summer. Apparently, all I had to do was look in the back of my closet!

I had forgotten how coconutty this is! I do feel it is slightly screechy at the very top, due to the orange-y citrus. But I'm not really a citrus/neroli person, so take that with a grain of salt. Those notes only last for about three minutes, anyway, before they go away. No problem!

I also don't get as much creme brulee in this as other people do. To me, it's just super yummy and creamy coconut! It is really like a dessert, and I love it! WAY less sweet than either Pink Sugar or Simply Pink. This one has more depth, IMO. I do have Pink Sugar, but I used to wear Gold more often (until it got pushed to the back of my closet!). I gave Simply Pink to my daughter because it began to give me headaches--that one is just fizzy and sugary. Too much.

I do wish I could smell a bit more of the florals in this one, but I think Jessica Simpson's Ten does that well: It is quite coconutty with florals in the middle. I didn't think I'd like that one, but I do! Maybe layering Ten with Gold Sugar? Might be fun.

At any rate, enjoy this one as a calorie-free dessert that you wear, even if you are over 22!

Fitting for the Pink Sugar Universe
copied from a review I did on another website:

I didn't like the top notes when I first tried this; they smelled like tropical fruit creme brulee, which is an odd mix. The top notes went away after about 20 minutes and left a delicious, creamy coconut dessert. I was hoping the sandalwood would give the fragrance some depth, but I never detected it in my wearings. It's less complex than the original Pink Sugar flanker, but I'm not complaining. If the licorice note in Pink Sugar bothers you, give this a try. It's not a groundbreaking perfume, but I don't find it boring at all--Gold Sugar is a comfortably sweet perfume without giving your nose a full out "toothache". I find it a fitting flanker for the Pink Sugar line moreso that Sparks does.

Longevity is not as long as Pink Sugar; at most I get 4 hours of wear from Gold Sugar.

Bcars10 2 years ago
Creamy, coconutty yumminess--good for anyone pining for the tropics, but who doesn't want that "suntan oil" vibe!+1
6.0

by Gwiazdka72
by Calista
by Calista

Popular Pink Sugar

Pink Sugar (Eau de Toilette) by Pink Sugar Gold Sugar by Pink Sugar Black Sugar by Pink Sugar Pink Sugar Sparks by Pink Sugar Pink Sugar Sensual by Pink Sugar Simply Pink by Pink Sugar Steel Sugar by Pink Sugar Pink Flower by Pink Sugar Pink Sugar (Hair Perfume) by Pink Sugar Pink Sugar (Body Spritzer) by Pink Sugar Pink Sugar (Solid Perfume) by Pink Sugar