Pink Sugar (2003) Eau de Toilette

Pink Sugar (Eau de Toilette) by Pink Sugar

Pink Sugar (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Pink Sugar for women and was released in 2003. The scent is sweet-gourmand. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Selectiva.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Fig leaf, Raspberry, Orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesStrawberry, Lily-of-the-valley, Red fruits, Licorice, Cotton candy
Base Notes Base NotesCaramel, Musk, Sandalwood, Tonka bean, Vanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 16.06.2019

SorceressSorceress 6 years ago

„Gourmand Treat That I'll Admit To Enjoying...And It's Pink, Too”

SherapopSherapop 7 years ago

„Will be joining Insolence in the Post-Nuclear Holocaust Perfume Hall of Fame”

6.0 8.0 8.0 6.0/10

Cannibalism catalyst
A scent like caries, pimples when inhaled, a perfume to bite into. "Pink Sugar" is a trash perfume, usually a children's fragrance. And yet I like him. Or at least he'd have it on a girlfriend 10-12 years ago. Circus, texture, Barbie and fairy dust. Sugar, sugar, sugar. "Pink Sugar," you know what to expect. From candied apple to cotton candy, from chewing gum to fruit compote, from girl to teenager, from dessert to bed.

(Positive) I was surprised by a slightly dark, minimally smoky edge of musk and caramel, which makes the scent somehow more cuddly and wintry than I thought. Nevertheless it is already very rich in calories and fluffy and playful. It is difficult to imagine him on a lady or woman over 30... but who knows. Every little animal has its own little treat. Today it feels like the 40 is the new 20. Heidi Klum is not the only one browsing through guys who could be her son. Anything goes today. It's a good thing. You don't always have to radiate style and maturity. Spontaneity, naivety, youthfulness and agility are not to be despised either. That's how Evelyn Burdecki could smell.

Flacon: more children's room than bedroom
Sillage & durability: Kirmes to go - 8-10 hours long, until it can annoy you

Conclusion: cheap but not cheap, sugary but not biting, pink but not pungent - "Pink Sugar" keeps what its name promises without being too artificial and intrusive. Price/performance tip for (young) sweet noses. Very sweet noses. If you don't compare it to anything else. But for 15 euros?! C'mon!
10.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

Not only Eye Candy ;)
I already read a lot about this scent on the internet and the description of the scent as sugar sweet, "fair scent" etc. made me very curious, because I love sweet, heavy gourmands!
In addition, I'm addicted to the color pink/pink and this bottle looks just to bite, I can't express it any other way :D

Unfortunately I haven't met this fragrance in any shop here in Germany yet and I really wonder if it's sold anywhere..at least I ordered it online and risked a blind purchase, but for the good price it was worth the risk.
And there he came one day and when I took the parcel, I was already full of anticipation and unpacked him directly, put the sweet pink packaging lovingly aside, because I wanted to keep it and sprayed the fragrance on
"I like it," I thought after a short time and sniffed curiously at my wrist. I actually think that's a gourmand scent you can't smell at every corner. For me it's no LVEB-Gourmand (nothing against LVEB, that's one of my favourite fragrances) and also no Loverdose scent (had suspected a similarity due to the liquorice note), for me Pink Sugar smells mainly, as the name suggests, of burnt, scratchy sugar or of caramel and cotton candy. A strawberry/raspberry note can also be guessed at in the background, allowing the fragrance to smell sweet again in a fruity way. On my skin the fragrance develops quite vanilly in the course of time and I don't really smell much more of the above mentioned fragrances. So I can agree with the opinion that this smell definitely smells like funfair. And I love it! I think this fragrance is definitely recognizable and in my opinion not only suitable for young girls.
The durability is not soo heavy, but for a few hours you can probably perceive it. Nevertheless, I can really recommend this fragrance.
10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Thyme
The fairground crasher that smells less pink than its name suggests
Pink Sugar smells of roasted sugar and liquorice sticks immediately after spraying on. The vanilla can't even be smelled that strong. It is a total work of art, the fusion of all the fairground smells that one can imagine and that blow around one's nose while strolling through it.

There's nothing light about it, it's dense, dense, dense!
Amazed comments are the order of the day, if you are on the road with this fragrance.
8.0 7.0 7.0 8.5/10

Supporting candy cane
Actually my girlfriend Pink sent me Sugar for Christmas - also to contain my jeeper on sweets.

But I have not only a "sweet" tooth - but unfortunately also a broken one, so I often have to go to the dentist.

Pink Sugar is a comforting companion.
It drowned out the sharp, frightening odour - and even made dentists happy.

The pretty bottle is inspired by a candy cane, but the delicious fragrance is rather soft and cuddly.

The sweetness does not crackle and stick, but lies down confidentially on the skin.
The start is mildly fruity - but not fresh citric.
The strawberry stands out sweet and ripe, and combines homogeneously with the sweet lily of the valley.

Airy and fluffy, the cotton candy floats over it, enriched with a hint of caramel.
The delicacy is round and complete with delicate vanilla.
Sandal provides the pleasant creaminess.

An appetising sweet smell - and a Christmassy visit to the colourful Candy Shop that reminds you of a carefree childhood.

8.0 9.0 8.0 8.5/10

Carina1984
That's how fairies must smell
Pink Sugar was a blind buy, after I had heard and read a lot about this fragrance, I thought to myself...I have to have it.

A candyfloss - it should be fragrance .... Childhood memories should become awake with this smell, it was said ....and something of fair he should have and there I sat now before my package, hoping not to be disappointed !

Two sprays later...first pure skepticism !
So that's cotton candy or something?
Well well...my dog had to get out, so I gave the smell also in the air another chance ...we had to get to know each other first !

After and after developed there something quite pleasant on my skin ... also my company found favour in this sweet smell bomb ... and he'd say, "That's got something of cotton candy!"
Okay... something had to be wrong with my nose! Why can't I smell it?
Arrived at home ....the apartment door unlocked ....then he attacked me, the smell of fresh, paper sweet cotton candy !

Yes - so I have wished this fragrance and also imagined, after all the descriptions.
He just needs his time to fully unfold
8.0 5.0 5.0 5.0/10

Jazzy76
For girls ....of all ages!
This one is the typical fragrance you could give as a gift to a teenager: sugary, gourmand, sweet and soft.
It's a little cocoon like a strawberry candy, a marshmallow or a cotton candy, main ingredient of this gourmand scent. Anyway, the acchord is complex and smelling better you can find all the notes: first of all, the raspberry at the top , fruity and juicy, then the strawberry touch, light and pleasant also to my nose which usually doesn't like the synthetic strawberry note.Finally, a very sweet and warm base dominated by vanilla, caramel and a touch of tonka bean. A scent with a quite good sillage and longevity and wearable in the mid season or in winter with a casual outfit or a romantic and splattered total pink look .The bottle is pretty and reminds me of the pink lines of a candy cane! The price is quite affordable and sometimes I find the 50ml size on sale at about 12€ at the drugstore where I usually buy my fragrances.
So, don't hide your girly side and dare to wear this scent for girls ...of all ages!
2.5 4.0/10

Vanilley
Ordered a sample hoping to smell cotton candy, but I can only smell the base notes of vanilla and musk, and those are two of the smells I don't like.

Give me citrusy, floral, fruity, soapy/clean, marshmallow, and cotton candy.

Hey, I did just learn something from you guys...that what I do smell in Pink Sugar are the base notes.
5.0 7.5 7.5 8.0/10

Drigsby
Quickly becoming a fall favorite
The other day, my husband was helping me pick out a bedtime perfume when he extended his arm and picked up Frederic Malle's Iris Poudre. "No, I can't wear that, that's a fancy pants perfume". He reached in and grabbed Diptyque's L'ombre dans L'eau". "Nope, I can't wear that either... far too cold". On and on we played this game until he reached in and pulled out my much-loved bottle of Pink Sugar. "Yes, this goes with everything this time of year".

I live in the Midwest, USA and temperatures are just starting to dip below 40. I'm finding that I'm switching up quite a bit of my daily routine, most notably the clothes and perfumes I choose to wear. Most days, I'm in a girly sweater and enveloped in a sweet cloud of cotton-candy and caramelized sugar yumminess - I love it! If my signature actually represented the perfume I wear most often, it would be Pink Sugar.

I suppose I am either the target age or slightly above the target age for this fragrance. Up until this fall, I've tried so hard to avoid it in my perfume journey, turning my nose up in the way that people turn their nose up at One Million: another insanely popular fragrance. A friend gave me a sample the other day and I wore it just out of curiosities sake and I found it to be cozy, delicious, stress - relieving, friendly, inviting, and wonderful. It was FS bottle worthy to me, and now it is the perfume I wear all the time.

Lesson learned: don't discount fragrances simply because other people enjoy it -- the hype may be well-deserved!
5.0 10.0 7.5 9.0/10

Gourmand Treat That I'll Admit To Enjoying...And It's Pink, Too
Aquolina's Pink Sugar is a pleasant, fun favorite of mine. I'm not a floral person, I love my vanilla scents and will also gravitate towards anything that drys down to my favorite vanilla. Pink Sugar does that for me in a musky way.
On me, Pink Sugar drys down to vanilla, caramel, woodsy, musky and licorice notes. It's more complex than I actually would have thought. As with any fragrance, let its aroma waft through the air and don't let it's initial scent sway you. Wait a good 20 minutes before you decide how it interacts with your own body's chemicals. There are three phases to a fragrance. Delight in all of them. And if you enjoy them all? The fragrance is for you.
I spray Pink Sugar and it reminds me of going into a candle shop and finding just the right vanilla candle. Of opening the candle jar, smelling it and saying that's just the right one. It's not obnoxious to me or cloyingly sweet. It's light enough to wear year round. It transcends age. It's not a young girl's fragrance or a grandma's fragrance, either. If it suits you, it simply does.
After about 30 minutes I do smell the scent of licorice lightly on myself. But it's mixed with a very light muskiness of butter cream caramel vanilla. It has a good lasting power of 12 hours or more, and that's with one spray. I've used the Eau de Toilette and the Parfum.
Frankly, I think the name turns some people off because it sounds young and frivolous so they think it's not sophisticated enough to wear. I'm a firm believer in wearing what makes you feel good, smell good, feel cozy, feel sexy, or whatever you want your mood to be. It shouldn't matter what the price is, or who makes it. After all, are you wearing the label of the parfum on your neck? Or are you wearing a parfum simply to make yourself feel good and lift your spirits?
Pink Sugar makes me feel good. It's a fragrance I enjoy wearing. One of those I'll wear to bed to feel snuggly, too.
I know it's one of those fragrances that fall into the "embarassment" categories and that's too bad that people apologize for wearing something that makes them feel good. How much money is spent on designer fragrances for the name, or design house perfumes again, because of the name? No apologies are made there, are they? But Pink Sugar has such a bad rap because of it's "pinkness", but it's really a delightful fragrance. It's much more complex than one realizes. I love that bergamot, vanilla, and musk , three of my favorite notes, are mixed with licorice and cotton candy. What a gourmand treat. You just wouldn't know unless you try it, and I have and I enjoy it. I'll admit it. I love gourmands and this is one of them. I'm just not embarrassed to admit it. And I'm far older than the target audience, too.

sweet tooth
This perfume is a guilty pleasure of mine. It is the sweetie of the sweets. It's annoying to some but still loved by many, just like Barbie dolls, big swirly lollipops, and the Wonderful World of Disney. As vapid as a perfume it may be considered to some, I do enjoy it. It's the only perfume I have finished so far and bought another bottle of.

Even though I have worn it repeatedly, I have not become anosmic to Pink Sugar. I smell something different every time: cotton candy, licorice, orange jellies, vanilla frosting, etc. It amazes me that a perfume can have different flavors on my skin each day.

One problem with sweet perfumes is lasting power; most of the time when I apply one of my "sweeties", it lasts no more than 3 hours. I do have to give credit when credit is due--Pink Sugar lasts great on my skin. Sometimes I can wake up from wearing it the day before and still catch whiffs of cotton candy from my skin.

It's a fun, casual perfume. It doesn't hold a candle to the classics of Chanel, Dior, Givenchy, what have you. But it is the fragrance I am most comfortable with and will probably be a staple in my collection for a long time.
10.0 2.0/10

Will be joining Insolence in the Post-Nuclear Holocaust Perfume Hall of Fame
For some reason Aquolina PINK SUGAR smells like coffee-tinged cotton candy to me. I was expecting cotton candy, but the licorice in this composition smells initially rather like the residue at the bottom of an empty cup of coffee. Unfortunately, as this fragrance dries down, it becomes somewhat annoying to me, smelling more and more synthetic, like cheap candy that's bursting with artificial flavors. I'm not opposed in principle to gourmand licorice fragrances, but, as all black licorice connoisseurs know well, there's a world of difference between Panda and Twizzlers.

I did not expect to love PINK SUGAR, but I don't even really like it and will not wear it again--not even to finish up the remaining 1.5ml in my sample vial. Désolée.

I should perhaps add that PINK SUGAR conforms fully to Murphy's Law of Longevity. After three scrubs, with three different soaps and copious ablution, the smell still lingers on...and on... So it looks as though this liquid will be joining INSOLENCE in the Nuclear Holocaust-ready Fragrance Hall of Fame.
7.5 10.0 10.0 4.0/10

A Plastic pink candy Barbie doll carnival wonderland amusment
Pink Sugar is a Girlish sweet Barbie of a scent with the opening of a plastic synthtic Opening but dries down a bit
with the note of red berries and a scent
of srawberries reminiscent of those Kitchy 80's Strawberry Shortcake dolls
the bergamot is hard to dectect from
the dominace of the unhealhy Foods that
people should eat sparingly Candy!
then it dries to an cloyish note of pink cotton Candy and black Licorice
and the drydown of caramel makes it
a Plastic pink candy Barbie doll carnival wonderland amusment park that is that can be overwhelming and sometimes makes your teeth rot if you use it too much.
7.0/10

Cotton Candy... Sweet!
Yes, Pink Sugar is all about cotton candy.
It's sweet, almost childish fragrance. Personally, it takes me back to my childhood, to the wonderful afternoons I've spent in Feira Popular playing with my friends and having fun there (Feira Popular was a funfair, in the center of Lisbon that was opened 365 days/year, quite historic and deeply missed by the portuguese people. It was shut down years ago but will always be a sweet memory for me).
Though, I don't find it vulgar, it's quite unique! There's something appealing there... Sometimes I find it too sweet, but when I'm down I use it to lighten up my spirit, specially when I'm at home! Sometimes I use it to sleep, or even as a room spray.
It's a fun, carefree, happy fragrance... simple as that.
7.5 6.0/10

Pink fairy floss
In Australia, Pink Sugar is pretty much unheard of, so it actually took me a while to track this fragrance down.

Since testing Pink Sugar I am convinced that by living in a country where this fragrance is extremely popular may change the way one views this scent. When I smelt Pink Sugar for the very first time I was really impressed. I had expected to gag and screw up my face with displeasure, however this scent was unique and very likable.

The reviews I read prior to smelling this were not wrong in describing Pink Sugar as being sugary sweet. However, although there are some similiarities to Fantasy by Britney Spears, Pink Sugar has a much more prominent note of liquorice that creates an undoubtedly unique and intriguing blend.

The scent although a gourmand, is in no way a cheap smelling candy fragrance. There is a certain warmth and attractiveness about this fragrance that I happen to really love.

Pink Sugar smells more like a cupcake shop or a bakery rather than a candy store. If candy is what you're after I suggest you try Showtime by Kylie Minogue.

I can certainly see how this fragrance has become so popular overseas, it's a shame Australia hasn't grasped brands other than Chanel and celebrity endorsed products.

For such a unique and long lasting fragrance, Pink Sugar is definitely worth a try even if you think it might not be for you.
10.0 6.0/10

You may ridicule me now
I can't help it – I like this. I may even like it a lot. I know I shouldn't (I'm a 51-year old woman for goodness sakes), but I'm really kind of smitten with this girly, pink confection. Not entirely surprising though, I get unreasonably excited at the sight of a cotton candy vendor.

When my 14 year-old daughter first smelled this on me she said “what's that called, My First Perfume?” Even she (presumably the target market) found it juvenille. I endure her rolling eyes and wear it anyway. Makes me happy in spite of myself.

ScentedSalon 3 years ago
Way more complex than the price and bottle suggest: yes, it's sweet but there are many facets to the scent. Don't let popularity put you off
4.0

by Echtdufte
by Teolinda
by Teolinda

Popular Pink Sugar

Pink Sugar (Eau de Toilette) by Pink Sugar Gold Sugar by Pink Sugar Black Sugar by Pink Sugar Pink Sugar Sparks by Pink Sugar Pink Sugar Sensual by Pink Sugar Simply Pink by Pink Sugar Steel Sugar by Pink Sugar Pink Flower by Pink Sugar Pink Sugar (Hair Perfume) by Pink Sugar Pink Sugar (Body Spritzer) by Pink Sugar Pink Sugar (Solid Perfume) by Pink Sugar