Pink Sugar (2003)Eau de Toilette

Pink Sugar (Eau de Toilette) by Pink Sugar

Pink Sugar (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Pink Sugar for women and was released in 2003. The scent is sweet-gourmand. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Selectiva.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Fig leaf, Raspberry, Sicilian orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesLily-of-the-valley, Red fruits, Liquorice blossom, Sugar powder
Base Notes Base NotesCaramel, Musk, Sandalwood, Tonka bean, Vanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 06.07.2020.

The fragrance was previously marketed under the Aquolina brand.

SorceressSorceress 7 years ago

„Gourmand Treat That I'll Admit To Enjoying...And It's Pink, Too”

Aquolina's Pink Sugar is a pleasant, fun favorite of mine. I'm not a floral person, I love my vanilla scents and will...
SherapopSherapop 8 years ago

„Will be joining Insolence in the Post-Nuclear Holocaust Perfume Hall of Fame”

For some reason Aquolina PINK SUGAR smells like coffee-tinged cotton candy to me. I was expecting cotton...
DAIsYCLOUDs
Delicious licorice cotton candy with strawberry..
... I think that's the best description for this gourmand fragrance. It smells as if you were weaving cotton candy from sugar-sweet licorice and wrapping it in artificial strawberry-flavoured sugar threads. You can wear the fragrance for so many occasions, because in my opinion it is very sweet, but also has a certain depth, thanks to the burnt sugar and the orange (I guess :)) During the day, the vanilla, tonka bean and burnt sugar dominate, almost like when you let homemade caramel burn a little in the pan. I just paid 20€ for my 50ml on Amazon, so I can definitely recommend it for such a "steal" ;D
Yummy!
Why do you think I "needed" Pink Sugar of all things??
At the home office for weeks, on a diet, in the rainy early summer with fresh ten degrees? Yes. And the argument that at least Poison Girl should be enough for me didn't count.
Maybe I just wanted the mailman to loosen up the boring day. Probably also...
But, that smell is enchanting! I didn't really expect that. A little American Cream from Lush (for me), Balla Stix from Haribo, cuddly musk. Nothing smells burnt to me. It is artificial, but I also love the Blendi Strawberry from my son and I secretly brush my teeth with it. I also love these pastel pink jellybeans with a pink chewing gum taste, so don't be afraid to touch them.
This fragrance is as sexy and ladylike as letting your loved one blow-dry their cold toes in bed and hide their favourite sweets in the vegetable drawer. An advantage nowadays, that it doesn't matter if you sit in front of your computer in your pink pyjamas and smell like Pink Sugar A fragrance for yourself, a comforting touch.
Strong fragrance = strong opinions
I am writing this comment primarily because of my sister. Although we have a lot in common, we are not really on the same wavelength when it comes to fragrances. Actually, for the longest time she wore only Versace Woman, others she did not like. That's why I was surprised when she told me some time ago that she wanted to look for a new perfume. She said that she had no idea about it, I should just find her something that smells sweet.

Yeah, okay, that could be a lot of things right now. Chocolate? No. Vanilla? No. Cotton candy? No. Then what? I don't know. You pick something. Hmm...

She didn't want to order anything blind, so I just let her test scents from my collection. Eventually it was Pink Sugar's turn and I thought that she wouldn't like it at all, because cotton candy wasn't really wanted. Not that the scent is bad, but it is very intense and on some days it is too much for me personally. But she liked it so much that she ordered the 100ml bottle for herself.

In retrospect, however, their decision makes sense. Sweet smell? Pink Sugar is the epitome of sweet. Many sweet treats are represented in this little water, including preservatives and flavour enhancers.

More precisely described, the perfume reminds a little bit of cream with fruits when sprayed on, but everything that is even slightly light vanishes quickly. Afterwards, one notices strawberry candy floss, caramel rather less. All in all, when I think of Pink Sugar, I think most of all of sweets with a fruit taste, all nicely mixed and each one perceptible at some point in the course of the scent. From this one gets exactly what one expects from the name and the presentation.

What you don't get, however, is a caramel scent, or anything else at all except fruit-flavoured sweets. The emphasis is on fruit 'taste'...Pink Sugar smells very artificial and either you can't stand it, or maybe you find it more authentic: No matter how delicious you find the sweets, you have to admit that there's a lot of chemistry behind most things...

All in all, you need to know what you're getting into with Pink Sugar, because it's quite possible that the fragrance will either turn out to be a new favourite or be perceived as absolutely gruesome. This is also due to the fact that there is no other perfume in this price range with such durability and sillage, which leads to the fact that you won't even like it if it is not 100% what you are looking for. Conversely, you like it even more. That's why I also took my sister as an example: As I said, she doesn't like many scents. But then Pink Sugar simply fit.

So if you want the sugar bomb par excellence, with incredible performance, and always liked the strawberry flavour best, you should try the perfume. If it meets expectations, it doesn't hurt to reach for the 100ml bottle
3.5
GirlofNow
SHOCKED!..... And NO NOT shocked!
How am I supposed to start exactly... Or rather, which words are exactly the right ones now... Well I'll just start now... Exactly two weeks ago I ordered the Pink Sugar blind... For one thing, I wanted to do this already a year ago BUT... I just wasn't sure. Until I watched a video of Jeremy, of course, who almost only had positive things to say about this scent. And yes I give to 90% of the fragrances I have in my collection now, I discovered through him!:)
Only the only fragrance that could NOT convince me at all is the Pink Sugar! I ordered it because I heard it smells extremely like caramel, almonds and fluffy cotton candy... And yes I am a big fan of sweet, heavy and feminine scents.

As already mentioned I had ordered the Pink Sugar two weeks ago and I have to admit I was so excited and curious! I thought the whole time only if it really should smell like fine caramel then it could be a really great everyday scent for me:D And yes I wear, even now and then in everyday life my beloved safe or poison scents:) When the package finally arrived, I opened it with my grandfather as usual:D He was curious too:) Flacon I found sugar sweet and extremely beautiful:D My grandfather, however, did not find the flacon so sparkling or even special... But (some) men are probably good like that:D Since I have heard from some people you should give only a splash at the beginning, especially when testing on the wrist, I followed this instruction by way of exception:D (thank God!)

So since I don't want to torture you anymore on the tension, I will now describe the fragrance description as good as possible and as exact as possible!

The smell:
Starts actually as many say, also on my skin with a really tasty caramel note... Which unfortunately was gone after two minutes already:((((((( After that the nightmare started! Whenever I sniff my wrist I make a face!:((( It is just extremely intense and extremely penetrating! It smells through and through like artificial fruit notes which I can't quite put in order what kind of fruit notes they are! Sometimes extremely syrupy and sometimes VERY synthetic:((( I could also smell a burnt sugar note which was unfortunately just as unpleasant for my nose:((( I could not smell any more scents now....

I admit, I am ABSOLUTELY NOT a fan of this fragrance!:( I also have to admit that I was extremely disappointed by the fragrance itself!:( I was sooo incredibly curious and had hoped for a lot of it:( Until now the worst and worst Blinkauf ever!:( My grandfather found it almost horrible! He said this is one of the most penetrating scents he has ever smelled! And there I am unfortunately completely his opinion! Next to Angel one of the worst scents I have ever smelled!
The H+S is EXTREME! I could still smell the scent until the next day, despite only one splash very strongly!:(
I also have to emphasize it is a very strong room filling scent! Please pay attention to the dossis! What do you actually say to this scent?
LittleDuck
Just right for sugar snouts
Sweet, sweet, pink sugar!

I like sweet scents very much, but this sugar bomb is already hard at the limit for me.
After the first spraying, a bomb of pink cotton candy comes towards you, which immediately takes me back to my childhood and makes me think of the past fairground visits.
After the initial sweetness I perceive a delicate liquorice smell, which at first fits very harmoniously into the overall picture.

But something's bothering my nose. There is something bitter about the scent that irritates me a little. Maybe the musk? Somehow the line of the perfume is not "clear" enough for me. The liquorice smell quickly fades away and gives way to a slightly more masculine base that remains incredibly sweet despite its spicy note.

Beautiful perfume to feel younger again, maybe for an evening with old friends on the couch, or for a concert visit of his old favorite band!
Schnupperl
Dainty the Holy Grail too? Both, definitely!
PS is often called as a twin to "Al Rehab - Soft", or vice versa.
Because I love Soft, I had to test PS as well I was so sure I'd like it that I ordered it blind.
2 days ago he moved in with me, yesterday I wore it.

PS starts sweet right at the beginning.
There is also something with it that reminds me of slightly coked sugar.
But don't worry, I like it :).
It becomes sweeter from the course, this "coked" sugar note I perceive only slightly.
Until then, I think it's really nice.

But after some time it's wonderful:
For me, PS sniffs at fairgrounds, cotton candy, sweets (sweets, lollipops, etc.), a light touch of coked sugar.

I think the durability and sillage are really good for an EDT.
I applied PS in the morning and still noticed it in the afternoon.

Pink Sugar is called a twin to "Al Rehab - Soft", or vice versa.
I have soft at home, I love him too.
Yes, they are similar, but I wouldn't call them twins.
Soft develops at the beginning a quite strong citrus note, PS not.
PS looks a little sweeter in the beginning.
Also developed I do not feel the same feeling with both.
Soft reminds me sometime of citrus caramel biscuits ---> sweet, gourmandig, citric, powdery.
Pink Sugar reminds me sometime of a fair, cotton candy, sweets ---> sweet, caramel, a little vanilla, slightly fruity, a hint of coked sugar.

Personally I like both, but at the moment I tend more towards Pink Sugar :).
Denise1410
The train that never arrived
So, after having this scent on my radar for over a year now, I have it now at home...finally I don't really like to say that contrary to all expectations I don't like it or still like it?

He starts quite stinging for my nose, at first I thought he'd turned over, just too old, but when I let my husband sniff it, he just said "Boah, is that cute"
And that's exactly what I expected it to be - a sweet sugar bomb, which is also the case with the name and the presentation?
But that wasn't the case. As I said before, the fragrance was a stinging, tingly start, just like my upset flowerbomb from five years ago.
But I wanted to give the fragrance a chance, because I like to dream of sweet places like a Christmas market with roasted almonds, liquorice sticks and cotton candy.
The stinging note vanished after a few minutes, what remained was a fruity, vanilla sweetness, rather trivial than slaying as I had expected it to be.
So I stood there and waited, waiting for the pink cotton candy train to drive me to the almond, sweet Christmas market, but it didn't come.

With all the comments that have already been written about this fragrance, I would almost say that I have tried the wrong perfume, but even after trying it several times, unfortunately only a vanilla berry sweetness with an unpleasant start remains. Too bad, but I will continue to try it...maybe the scent needs some winter cold to pick me up and bring me to my destination.... in summer or autumn Christmas markets are not open ;)
Cannibalism catalyst
A scent like caries, pimples when inhaled, a perfume to bite into. "Pink Sugar" is a trash perfume, usually a children's fragrance. And yet I like him. Or at least he'd have it on a girlfriend 10-12 years ago. Circus, texture, Barbie and fairy dust. Sugar, sugar, sugar. "Pink Sugar," you know what to expect. From candied apple to cotton candy, from chewing gum to fruit compote, from girl to teenager, from dessert to bed.

(Positive) I was surprised by a slightly dark, minimally smoky edge of musk and caramel, which makes the scent somehow more cuddly and wintry than I thought. Nevertheless it is already very rich in calories and fluffy and playful. It is difficult to imagine him on a lady or woman over 30... but who knows. Every little animal has its own little treat. Today it feels like the 40 is the new 20. Heidi Klum is not the only one browsing through guys who could be her son. Anything goes today. It's a good thing. You don't always have to radiate style and maturity. Spontaneity, naivety, youthfulness and agility are not to be despised either. That's how Evelyn Burdecki could smell.

Flacon: more children's room than bedroom
Sillage & durability: Kirmes to go - 8-10 hours long, until it can annoy you

Conclusion: cheap but not cheap, sugary but not biting, pink but not pungent - "Pink Sugar" keeps what its name promises without being too artificial and intrusive. Price/performance tip for (young) sweet noses. Very sweet noses. If you don't compare it to anything else. But for 15 euros?! C'mon!
Not only Eye Candy ;)
I already read a lot about this scent on the internet and the description of the scent as sugar sweet, "fair scent" etc. made me very curious, because I love sweet, heavy gourmands!
In addition, I'm addicted to the color pink/pink and this bottle looks just to bite, I can't express it any other way :D

Unfortunately I haven't met this fragrance in any shop here in Germany yet and I really wonder if it's sold anywhere..at least I ordered it online and risked a blind purchase, but for the good price it was worth the risk.
And there he came one day and when I took the parcel, I was already full of anticipation and unpacked him directly, put the sweet pink packaging lovingly aside, because I wanted to keep it and sprayed the fragrance on
"I like it," I thought after a short time and sniffed curiously at my wrist. I actually think that's a gourmand scent you can't smell at every corner. For me it's no LVEB-Gourmand (nothing against LVEB, that's one of my favourite fragrances) and also no Loverdose scent (had suspected a similarity due to the liquorice note), for me Pink Sugar smells mainly, as the name suggests, of burnt, scratchy sugar or of caramel and cotton candy. A strawberry/raspberry note can also be guessed at in the background, allowing the fragrance to smell sweet again in a fruity way. On my skin the fragrance develops quite vanilly in the course of time and I don't really smell much more of the above mentioned fragrances. So I can agree with the opinion that this smell definitely smells like funfair. And I love it! I think this fragrance is definitely recognizable and in my opinion not only suitable for young girls.
The durability is not soo heavy, but for a few hours you can probably perceive it. Nevertheless, I can really recommend this fragrance.
Thyme
The fairground crasher that smells less pink than its name suggests
Pink Sugar smells of roasted sugar and liquorice sticks immediately after spraying on. The vanilla can't even be smelled that strong. It is a total work of art, the fusion of all the fairground smells that one can imagine and that blow around one's nose while strolling through it.

There's nothing light about it, it's dense, dense, dense!
Amazed comments are the order of the day, if you are on the road with this fragrance.

Jazzy76Jazzy76 11 months ago
Warm, sweet , gourmand and sexy with a girly touch: the caramel note is noticeable giving its character to the whole scent. Good sillage.
ScentedSalonScentedSalon 4 years ago
Way more complex than the price and bottle suggest: yes, it's sweet but there are many facets to the scent. Don't let popularity put you off

by ElenaN
by Echtdufte
by Teolinda
by Teolinda

Popular Pink Sugar

Gold Sugar by Pink Sugar Pink Sugar Sparks by Pink Sugar Black Sugar by Pink Sugar Pink Sugar Sensual by Pink Sugar Simply Pink by Pink Sugar Steel Sugar by Pink Sugar Pink Flower by Pink Sugar