Pitralon Classic (1960)After Shave

Pitralon Classic (After Shave) by Pitralon

Pitralon Classic (After Shave) is a popular perfume by Pitralon for men and was released in 1960. The scent is fresh-woody. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesGreen notes, Lemon, Bergamot, Mandarin, Lavender, Pineapple
Heart Notes Heart NotesSage, Pepper, Coriander, Cyclamen, Rose, Lily-of-the-valley, Jasmine, Orchid, Iris, Clove
Base Notes Base NotesCedarwood, Vetiver, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Leather, Oakmoss, Musk

Submitted by Joe, last update on 07.01.2020.

8.0 4.0 4.0 10.0/10

Konsalik
A primordial meter for our time.
For about two years now Pitralon Classic has been my favorite aftershave and even today, dozens of tested fragrances later, I would say: There is hardly a fragrance profile that exudes masculinity in such an unpretentious way as Pitralon.

The slightly citric opening cedar oil note appears very closed and unique without being "creative". It exudes classic serenity without being dusty or irritating to anyone I might have asked. A more beautiful variation of the "crowdpleasing". Other older barbershop fragrance DNAs, such as "Blenheim Bouquet", are much more controversial in comparison ("bathroom cleaner!"), so one could say: "Classic" is a fragrance that gives the impression of having always been there, regardless of whether it is really very old. Significantly older scents often fall out of the period perceived as "classic" by the respective generation and, in the absence of olfactory links to the environment, appear strangely new and challenging. Pitralon Classic is very far from that.

Durability and sillage are just strong enough to give room to another, masculine daytime perfume without disappearing completely underneath. The first two hours of the day are spent in good company even without an additional situation. If other men's perfumes are too loud, you can even add more. Pitralon in a pocket atomizer?! I would do it!
How good that we have such scents in our time. They are zero points, they define the axes of our coordinate system in terms of withdrawn, self-evident masculinity.

Addendum: I like it better than the amber glass primordial with the red label. Don't be mad at me. Even if I would like to say that I put on boric acid after shaving...

Pyromixer
Freshly woody flaming. A real classic with good care properties.
Fragrances are always a question of taste anyway. You can hit whatever you want: Someone won't like it and others will. What matters most to me is the effect, it's supposed to be a lotion and don't stain my face.

I am a friend of pragmatic things and like it when I can also buy my products in the shop around the corner and don't have to put more work on the parcel delivery staff for all the stuff. Pitralon Classic (in DE) is such a product which can be found in almost every shop (why?). I ask myself the same question about Hâttric, which I also appreciate very much.
It has to sell itself, otherwise the shelves would not be stocked with it for a long time. As is well known, real connoisseurs are silent and therefore the frequency of opinions on the net is not necessarily to be seen simultaneously with sales figures.

I use the Pre Shave Pitralon Classic which first of all attracts attention because of its very low odour. You don't get the feeling that you are using the same product as afterwards, but with a different imprint. The Pre-Shave is also water clear in colour, the Pitralon Classic After-Shave is known to be yellowish.
The Pre-Shave from Pitralon is therefore also suitable for any other After-Shave if you want. First and foremost, it does its job: preparing the face for the upcoming shave. Which works very well for me. Meanwhile I shave dry again with a good device and thanks to the pre-treatment with the Pre-Shave it is close to a wet shave and above all: Without any redness, hives and other annoying side effects that you can get when shaving so.

I tried some things and many, many bottles ended up in the dustbin right after the first use because you looked like a pupating teenager after putting the razor down. Also many expensive products have disappointed me here often heavily. But it may also be due to me and some sensitivities to some ingredients. I don't know.
Pitralon Classic Pre- and After Shave have never given me any irritations or red spots, so it stays in the cupboard and is regularly refilled. Is it because of the cedar oil contained according to the manufacturer? I don't care after all. Main thing works.
The freshness effect of the After Shave lasts quite a long time for such a simple aftershave, one has something of one's morning shave, because the freshness of the Pitralon Classic still hits the face while drinking coffee. Very pleasant.
I can say the same about Hâttric only with different scents. Use this and that. And out of curiosity, there's always something else, even much more expensive stuff and something in between. But rarely by now. Why wander into the distance when the good is so close on the shelf?

Old man's scent. Opaque. All the attitudes that come from where? Because the products existed before? And I'm sure they smelled different than they do today. Pitralon in particular has had so many changes of ownership and group of companies and thus also production changes behind it, there can be nothing left of the old original 70's scent swaths. Many substances have long since been replaced by other (probably cheaper) ingredients with the utmost certainty. Here, a name that sells well is primarily sold. Furthermore grandpa was always very well groomed and smelled quite good. I don't know if he used Pitralon at all.

I think it's good. Easy to get at any grocer around the corner at a very fair rate.

by Couchlock
by Couchlock
by Helge
by Helge
by YKem
by YKem

Popular Pitralon

Pitralon (After Shave) by Pitralon Pitralon Pure / Pitralon Original by Pitralon Pitralon Polar by Pitralon Pitralon (Eau de Cologne) by Pitralon Pitrell (Nach der Elektrorasur) by Pitralon Pitrell (Pre Shave) by Pitralon Pitralon Fresh@Work by Pitralon Pitralon Classic (Pre Shave) by Pitralon Pitralon Moschus (Eau de Toilette) by Pitralon Pitralon Moschus (After Shave) by Pitralon