To Be 2011 Eau de Toilette

To Be (Eau de Toilette) by Police
To Be (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Police for men and was released in 2011. The scent is synthetic-spicy. It is being marketed by Mavive.

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruitGrapefruit
PepperPepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesViolet leafViolet leaf
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber
PatchouliPatchouli
CedarCedar

Submitted by TrueBlood, last update on 08.01.2022.

5.5
To be or not to be?
This advertising slogan remains true to the fragrance and it was one of the first thoughts that shot me through the head when I smelled him 10 years ago the first time.
At that time still completely inexperienced has made me curious about the bottle. Meanwhile, I see the different with the bottle, so I've just taken the golden mean in the evaluation, let others argue about it ;)
It was the typical rookie mistake: I tested it in the store and found this prelude very interesting, because the top note is very marked by the grapefruit.
Bought.
"oh, there's something other than the top note? A fragrance changes? What is a top note anyway?"
The fragrance evolves too much in the synthetic direction for me personally and also you can't smell out the patchouli much, if at all.
I have applied it until today only very rarely, yet a pretty good price-performance ratio.

DPArtist
To be sweet and cheerful!
I'm wearing this scent today and the first thing I've got to say is that this is not an aquatic or freshie, despite what the watery blue colour of the liquid and the top grapefruit note may lead you to believe that. I know the term synthetic is perhaps overused but I think it's quite apt here, for me it's one of those fragrances that hits me in the throat right from the off and isn't all that pleasant to wear. It looks a lot of fun with it's skull shaped-bottle but the initial fresh grapefruit blast opening (sadly for a freshie lover like me) quickly mutates into a synthetic pepper heavy blast!

I'm a fan of the presentation the bottle really looks great (if kind of gimmicky!) especially in this alluring shade of blue but the scent makes me picture purple or perhaps even a gold, or both! Police To Be is a fun & youthful nighttime/party fragrance, to a certain extent it recalls scents like Boss bottled, One Million et al, just not as spicy as some of those and with a touch more freshness. It even makes me think of something that the house of Jacques Bogart might produce, as it is certainly strong and has that trademark sweetness. Apart from the harsh synthetic peppery opening (the grapefruit vanishes almost immediately to my nose) the dry-down is quite linear, it stays sweet & floral (violet & amber) with a little spice thrown in to the mix. I think it could get quite cloying on hot days.

There's not really much left to say about this one, apart from the fact it does seem to last a long time and project well too, so it presents great value for money given the prices it can be found for, especially online. Right now I can't see myself wearing this one a lot, even as a dumb grab, but I'll keep it in mind for when the days start to become colder again (which is a long way off!) as I think it would be more suitable (and perhaps even kind of appealing) then.

To be...continued.

Sweet and soft
This one looks like magic:
As you spray it, the scent comes really really soft, making you even think that the reviews you read about it were wrong, talking about nice sillage and projection.

Then, during the drydown, the magic starts, and the fragrance begins to grow.
I liked the smell, it's a fresh-sweet, and not that fruity-sweet type.
Honestly I can't feel the woody notes it's supposed to have, but it pleases me, nonetheless.

About the bottle, it's beautiful and interesting, but it's dangerous, as you may let it fall if you're handling it with wet hands.

Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 8 months ago
t is a teenagers must have! Compliment getting, cheap and very versatile. I also find I pretty distinctive and unique
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
5.5
A vulgar fragrance with its grapefruit blast synthetic simplicity and hints violet, patchouli and cedar. I reject the bottle nowadays.
MihaiuMihaiu 2 years ago
blue spicy grapefruit with a burnt rubber note
DPArtistDPArtist 4 years ago
Initial citrus/grapefruit blast, turns into a nice freshly sweet scent with the violet leaf note coming to the fore, sprinkled with pepper.

by Carlitos01
by Michael
by YKem
by YKem

Popular Police

Forbidden for Woman by Police Shock-in-Scent for Woman by Police Pure DNA Femme by Police To Be - The King by Police The Sinner for Women by Police Instinct by Police To Be - The Queen by Police To Be - Rebel by Police Dark Woman by Police Icon Intense by Police Cosmopolitan by Police The Legendary Scent for Woman / Legend for Woman by Police To Be - Exotic Jungle Woman by Police Passion Woman by Police To Be - Tattooart for Woman by Police To Be - The Illusionist by Police Independent by Police To Be - Camouflage by Police Pure DNA Homme by Police Icon by Police