Amber pour Homme Intense 2011

Amber pour Homme Intense by Prada
Bottle Design Fabien Baron
Amber pour Homme Intense is a popular perfume by Prada for men and was released in 2011. The scent is powdery-oriental. It is being marketed by Puig.

AmberAmber
BergamotBergamot
MyrrhMyrrh
PatchouliPatchouli
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by VERIT, last update on 17.08.2021.

Landshark321
Nice variation of the original, albeit not as effective
This is my first wearing and successful blind buy of Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense, the 2011 flanker to the original 2006 Prada Amber Pour Homme, which I only just tried for the first time last week and loved, and Intense is similarly very nice. Whereas the original is more of a soapy fresh amber, Intense is slightly spicier, albeit still fresh, but less soapy.

Intense’s note listing is relatively straightforward: bergamot, myrrh, vanilla, patchouli, amber. I frankly get a bit of the champagne fresh spicy cologne vibe of YSL Rive Gauche with some of the darkness of Armani Attitude, and I sense some lavender without it being there, though perhaps I’m just smelling the bergamot and patchouli. Like the original, it’s not an amber fragrance in the sense that it’s especially sweet or thick or animalic, but has an amber base with some other additives. Intense has a good balance of resins quirks—namely, some spice and some smoke—with just a hint of sweetness, to complement the fresh and green vibe of the bergamot and patchouli.

Like the original, Intense is very reasonably priced on the secondary market, about $65 for 100ml on FragranceNet, and it performs decently well, though the original perhaps performs better, despite the greater concentration of Intense (EDP, to the original’s EDT).

Overall, I’d say that I prefer the original but enjoy the Intense as a darker, slightly spicier variation.

7 out of 10

The Three Magi
It is incredible the power that an aroma, a fragrance, a perfume, a note has in our memories.

I bought this perfume because it reminded me instantly of all my participation in the Nativity scenes as a Magi. It was always me who carried the myrrh (which is extremely abundant in this perfume, making it strong).

It is not a perfume for all men, not for all occasions. Many will consider a fragrance typical of the 80s and 90s (but I think that myrrh has a role that can change this idea). It is clearly not advisable for summer or work. It looks ideal for fall and winter, especially for night out. Even for Christmas Eve, it might be a good idea if the outfit is matching. As the hours pass, the notes of patchouli and amber are also felt.

Thanks to the stronger notes, longevity is very good, while the sillage is moderate (something I like, because the aroma is strong).

If someone identifies with any of these elements, buy it! Otherwise, try it out first.

Inviting masculine myrrh...
A mature aromatic-balsamic fragrance for confident men.
Strong patchouli with a green bergamot starting notes may seem 'oldish' to some people but the drydown after worth waiting for...
You will be rewarded with a delightful oriental aura, not too strong, but smooth, warm and distinct, because the amber/myrrh/vanilla combination is doing a really great job here.
Nothing harsh, slightly soapy, overall a sexy long-lasting and inviting smell for fall/winter seasons. My personal rank 9/10, recommended.

Rquill67
Beautiful Prada DNA with Myrrh and Amber - LOVE!
Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense is a larger version of it's original self. I like the addition of the patchouli and amber. I do get Myrrh which is rich! Still has the soapy Prada DNA, which makes this great for the office or workplace too. I enjoy this one for sure, and I agree with other reviewers that this is for more of a reserved man. I'm a little bit more of an adventurous man, and what makes it work is the myrrh and amber - absolutely amazing. Great to have this one in my collection. It’s long lasting and I give this fragrance a 9/10.

Amber Pour Homme Intense Review
The only Prada I have managed to review thus far. This one was a blind buy from a couple of years ago based on it's good price, critical reviews, and note descriptions that appealed to me. Successful? Hope you enjoy the review and thank you for watching.

The devil wears Prada...
OK, I'm gonna keep this short : PAPHI is a rich, dark and warm balsamic scent, especially good for colder weather.
Two things make it less appealing to me though : First of all, even though as an EdP the longevity is great (8-12 hours easily), the sillage is rather low and after wearing it maybe 15 times, no one has ever complimented on it. Secondly it seems very linear to me, not much change from the opening to the drydown. So I would wear it only to please myself.
That being said, it's a classy fragrance - the vibe it gives does actually somehow remind me of Gucci Envy for Men, this may be due to the myrrh perhaps?
Like it, but no love.

For a classic man
First, there is a hit of sweetness for just a short period of time. Then depending on weather, you can feel what I like to call wet patchouli notes, so sweetness goes away and you are left with a wet basement, wet soil, definitely on a darker side. It is the first ride.

But there is more after some time patchouli disappears and we have nice soapy scent with hints of amber and bergamot.
It is a classy one and would be a perfect match for a bit older man, wearing elegant clothes and a tie. At least this is how I can imagine a perfect match for these perfumes. But seems it is not only my opinion as you can be complemented that way as well.

The projection and longevity is mediocre, making good companion for an office environment.

Dulcemio
on him, on her, either way
I'm not one to seek out fragrances designed specifically for men, because in my experience they're usually too masculine for my taste, often at the hand of some domineering bergamot. So, had I read the list of notes beforehand, I would've probably declined an offer to sample this one out of hand.

As luck would have it, I discovered a sample vial this morning in a pile of stuff while doing some household organizing and I sprayed my wrists impulsively, since I'd be showering soon anyway.

To my pleasant surprise, after a masculine burst of bergamot in the top notes burned off after an hour or less, what I've been enjoying all day is a lovely, understated oriental that is equal parts dry, sweet, earthy and refined, with just an extremely subtle layer of cool bergamot hanging around.

Based on my experience with Prada for women, I was expecting/hoping it would be an enveloping patchouli assault (I love patchouli), but it's not. (Though, it's quite possible I am quasi anosmic to patchouli, as many a well known patchouli bomb are not bombs to me at all. Coromandel, for example.)

On the strength of one quick spray, it's been projecting tastefully for several hours now, with no signs of fading. Which, of course, makes the price more forgivable.

Wonderful!
Darker and heavier than Prada Amber, this intense version smells wonderful. One of the best designer's release in my opinion.

It's a bit linear, with lots of patchouli and a bit resinous due to the myrrh.

It's sweet in the right amount. Actually there's a bit more of amber added here, but still not a true amber based scent.

Sillage, lasting power and projection are medium-high. Thumbs up!

Updated January 2014

Definition of luxury
Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense takes a different angle on it's older brother, Prada Amber Pour Homme. It's sophisticated, elegant and seducting scent blended with the highest quality ingredients. It was born from Daniela Andrier passion, closed in the sleek black bottle with shining golden Prada logo.
Original Amber Pour Homme is a really clean eau de toilette that brings wearer a feeling of just taking a shower. It's very classy and definitely not for everyone.
Prada Amber Pour Homme is a little bit different story. All begins with a bergamot note that goes deep inside your nose. Just a minute later this perfume begins to effuse it's true identity, the mysterious, dark, yet alluring aura. Amber, Myrrh and Patchouli that are very prominent describe the men that knows what he wants and knows how to get it. When I close my eyes and smell Prada Amber Pour Homme I imagine a man with a nice tailored suit. This fragrance is a definition of luxury and good taste.
This Prada is an eau de parfum which is not so common in male perfumery. It lasts all day on my skin, the vanilla accord accompanies me to the very end of the day. On the other hand this eau de parfum is strong and subtle at the same time, as it stays rather close to the skin.
If you're looking for perfume that definitely gets some attention and smells like "wow" Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense is definitely for you.
It's uncomparable to anything else on the market at this moment.
Truly beautifull and unique creation!

RobbieXRobbieX 4 months ago
A memorable gorgeous warm amber. Longevity and silage good.
PedroCabralPedroCabral 6 months ago
It reminds me of a luxurious myrrh soap. Excellent performance: after many hours, you can smell the aroma; good projection (not invasive).
AspvlAspvl 1 year ago
Clean sexy patchouli. Very Italian and extremely elegant, an absolute love of mine. Forget Amber, get this.
VmasterVmaster 2 years ago
Amber Pour Homme was a mess. This is how it should have smelled. One of those instances where the flanker is much better than the original.
HajuvanaHajuvana 4 years ago
To me, this is myrrh heaven. But judging from the diversity of reviews, it must have some sort of hidden complexity.

#schräg?
by OleTrufa
by Thecombad
by Thecombad

Popular Prada

L'Homme by Prada L'Homme Intense by Prada Olfactories - Cargo de Nuit by Prada Luna Rossa Black by Prada Infusion d'Iris Absolue by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2015) by Prada Infusion d'Iris Cèdre by Prada Infusion d'Amande by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2007) by Prada L'Homme L'Eau by Prada L'Homme Water Splash by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada Infusion d'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Prada (2004) / Prada Amber by Prada Luna Rossa Extreme by Prada Olfactories - Purple Rain by Prada La Femme by Prada Olfactories - Miracle of the Rose by Prada