Amber pour Homme (2006)Eau de Toilette

Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada
Bottle Design Fabien Baron

Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Prada for men and was released in 2006. The scent is powdery-fresh. It is being marketed by Puig.

Daniela Andrier

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Cardamom, Mandarin, Neroli
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Vetiver, Orange blossom, Myrrh, Nirvanolide®
Base Notes Base NotesLabdanum, Tonka bean, Vanilla, Patchouli, Leather, Saffron, Sandalwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 11.06.2020.

Simplicity at its best
There is genius and intelligence in simplicity and clarity. It's no different here. This is the smell of fresh towels, white flowers, Lux soap, clean bright and fine. You can wear it anywhere and it won't bother anyone.

It's clear that scent perception is something completely subjective but if there is one scent that I would classify as objectively simply universally good, it's this one. I can't imagine anyone out there turning up their nose at this smell. Sure, not everyone wants to smell clean and soapy all the time, but even those who don't like that direction will not be able to say that this perfume smells bad.

Has, by the way, the appropriate profile and potential to cost about 250 euros at some point and after production is discontinued
Condorpilot1
For the elegant man in the office
I tested the Prada Amber pour Homme at the airport in Helsinki about a year ago and was quite excited about the fragrance DNA. Warm, slightly woody, clean, elegant and even an amazingly good durability. A few months later I decided to buy it. Still this beautiful floral-powdery heart note that accompanies you for a long time, and a hint of Penhaligon's Sartorial. Plus spicy cardamom. I hardly notice citrus in the top note. Overall it has a light barbershop touch.

What was unfortunately disappointing with my bottle was the durability. Actually I remembered it quite well but somehow my Amber pour Homme doesn't last as long as it should... After 3-4 hours I have to spray a little bit more. But I like the fact that this fragrance is not loud, Sillage is pleasantly discreet, so that I have chosen this perfume as an ideal companion in the office at any time of the year. Warm, elegant, crowd-pleasing, an all-rounder. A comparatively linear scent on my skin.

Would I buy it again? I'm still struggling. If it would last a little longer, then Amber pour Homme would certainly be a regular part of my collection. But if you want to buy it blind, you won't be disappointed

Puttin' On the Ritz
The title derives from the slang expression "to put on the Ritz", meaning to dress very fashionably, and Prada Amber Pour Homme dresses you that way. It was 2006 when the city was full of billboards with the image of a guy lying on a bed, shirtless, wearing only a coat, his hands in his pockets, and a dark look. That was the advertisement for Prada Amber Pour Homme. I luckily had a chance to own and rock the original version, a powerful bomb with tremendous performances. There are very few colognes that accurately smell just like shaving soap and only a handful that falls in the general ballpark. Anyone who needs a lesson in what "soapy" feels like should try Amber Pour Homme. It doesn't get any soapier than this.

I don't know where to start with this scent apart from maybe. Bows down at the feet of the nose behind this scent! The first time I smelled Amber pour Homme, it was one of those times you have to keep breathing and keep feeling. It's gorgeous, and the amount of compliments it draws is astounding. Prada Amber Pour Homme is the first male fragrance that I've tried that I can classify as luxurious.

I love that fragrance. It has an intense, sensual opening with very slight notes of old-fashioned barbers soap, a bit almondy, and a touch of powdery lavender that gently dies down through the course of the day. By the very end of the day, the fragrance declares itself over with a delicate yet luxurious note of vanilla, very long-lasting. How to describe it? Amber pour Homme is a light soft scent to my nose but with a masculine twist. It smells powdery, and sure, it feels like a warm, fluffy but masculine blanket. It's got sweet Amber with a touch of powdery lavender soapiness. It starts pretty soapy strong but will mellow into something smooth, calm, and unique while its sweetness remains from start to finish.

Prada didn't make this to sell by the millions as it is unique, but I like the fact that I don't smell like every other guy when I wear this. It is so unique, and I love it, I also love the bottle design straightforward but looks elegant. Prada Amber pour Homme is sophisticated rather than overly masculine or sexy. I'm not saying that it isn't pleasant, because it most definitely is; however, its cleanliness and subtlety is what I find differs from other scents. And believe me or not, I have not even seen a clone akin or closely akin to this overall scent. There aren't any particular notes that stand out in this composition. They all tend to blend nicely, creating an almost soapy, powdery, and creamy-like quality, but there's so much more going on than that. There's a sweet, earthy, muskiness to it that is strong and bold, yet strangely calming.

I've read that perfumer Daniela Andrier created Prada Amber pour Homme centered on four accords. I could detect the following: fresh Cologne, here I get a brief rich blend of fresh cardamom and citrus peels on the first spray; clean Fougère, here the soapy accent from lavender is smooth on my skin. After that rich Amber, and I smell trails of powdery vanilla, sweet yet not cloying tonka, resinous myrrh, and modern patchouli. Finally, warm Suede, again, I get a rather prominent base note of saffron and tinge of sandalwood. The outcome is outstanding, it's executed beautifully in the dry down of Amber, with a musky finish that is both soft, warm, and breezy, like summer air through the bathroom window after a shower.

The opening plagued me. It stank like aviation fuel, not gasoline, I kind of get that. It's a definite olfactory uppercut but doesn't smell bad to me (if you are anything like me, the fuel accord in CD Fahrenheit suits you).

Then comes to the heart, the myrrh element here is incredible and crystal clear, a niche level takes on the note that positively smolders on my skin. It's backed up by a hot, dry, powdery amber. I don't get much patchouli, at least not the medicinal and dirty one, it functions here to smooth out the edges of the fragrance and give a sort of warm, creamy glow to the whole thing.

Afterward, saffron and leather blend beautifully together and are an iconic combo like rose and oud. The leather gets some added depth, and a floral twinge enhances the animalistic nature. I do get the musk which is a sort of golden vanilla musk, ephemeral wind through the window as aforementioned.

Although I think it's appropriate for most occasions, I most like wearing this to the office. Once it's given time to settle on my skin, its perfect for public transport and closed office space/meeting rooms. Don't get me wrong. The original version was such a powerhouse that anyone could detect it far away. The soapy and powdery accords flooded the room, yet the most recent release is watered down, the overall essence is the same but ain't stronger anymore. It stays with me nearly all day, and when I do get a whiff, it's instantly relaxing. The top notes are quite compelling to me, so I always try to put this on ahead before walking out the door. It lasts a good 8 hours on my skin, and I've had a lot of compliments when wearing this. So far, I've only used this in an Italian Fall and Winter. I'm not sure how it will carry itself in the coming warm Spring and hot Summer, but I imagine that if it's not over-applied, it will do just as nicely during the evenings and nights out.
This fragrance may not be "love at first smell" for some, but I felt it's the type of scent that will grow on you...as one gets to smell and know more of the various accords of this luxurious perfume. Fellows, whenever you're in skepticism about how you should smell, wear Amber Pour Homme, there is absolutely no way you can go wrong with a fragrance that mimics smooth, masculine soap.

-Elysium
Volker1964
A permanent guest in my collection
A Prada scent, which I like very much. Thanks Prada, you did a great job Top note
Very pleasant freshness meets more subtle spiciness with a floral and powdery touch. Nice and balanced. Makes you want to do more.
Heart note
Floral notes are pleasing to the eye. Freshness remains pleasant. Powdery note is presented. There are signs of more to come. I like it Base note
Now lighter wood, leather and vanilla are added. Very pleasant and balanced. Patchouli rounds off the whole thing very nicely / elegantly.
Conclusion
The fragrance is not a "screamer", but also not a "silent treader". Just right for me. It is quite complex overall and is developing very well. Freshness, spice, leather, wood, floral notes, a powdery note, very balanced. Not too much and not too little. I like it a lot. I wear it all year round for work and leisure. He's stopping at my place for a good eight hours.

Carlitos01
The Givaudan soapy and powdery revenge
[short review]
I must have a twist in my nose that makes me perceive this perfume quite diferently from other people.
It has a balsamic accord with myrrh and labdanum notes (not at all intense) that may be somewhat similar to an ambery accord. But it lacks the oriental touch of a sweet, warm, resinous vibe that I usually associate with the very vague and broad definition of typical amber. I also feel just a little bit of vanilla or other sweet and spicy notes.
My twisty nose scents an initial confusing floral bouquet that evolves to a fruity and powdery synthetic musk, tipical in some Givaudan ingredients, not really unpleasant, but by no means overwhelming. This accord - maybe due to the presence of geranium - also gives an heavy soapy vibe to the fragrance development.
I do like the heavy saffron touch that reveals itself quite early and endures till the (just a bit) woody drydown.
It turns out to be a decent masculine gentle and smooth fragrance, but that's about it.
Am I impressed? Not really! And way less impressed than many Youtube reviewers...
Is it overpriced? Maybe! I am used to pay less for a not unique soapy fragrance!
Is it overrated? Yeah, a bit! Is it the Prada name?
But that's only my opinion. Yours may be different of course.
Finds
So much I found in Amber pour Homme - so much, so much.
Tangerines, watery fresh from the tree.
The Neroli Sting, very gentle only, soon over.
The shower from a moment ago, a touch of gel still hangs in the room.
Silky smooth skin, powdered and creamed.
The old "Zino" even on some hot days.
Lavender violet blue, maybe just dreamed.
"Infusion d'Homme, the Prada DNA.
The barbershop, the hammam too.
Lots of light, lots of air, lots of come to rest.
Cotton wool soft warmth, not dense, very soft and light.
Then again points, edges, sun-bleached wood.
Found man, found woman, found a lot in between.
But the amber - I never found the amber.
Not in the sun and not in wind and rain, not in spring, summer or autumn.
Maybe he's saving up for dark winters, for freezing cold ice - who knows?!
He falls into oblivion
If you address Prada in combination with perfume, you inevitably come across the very successful "L'Homme" series, where there seem to be more and more variations at the moment. The normal "L'Homme", which I still have to test, is supposed to come along with a neat cleanliness, while the "L'Homme Intense" as an evil strong brother knows how to survive even in difficult times - namely when the days become shorter, darker, colder and generally more uncomfortable and the little fair-weather brother leaves the field to him.
The success of both fragrances subjectively ensures that older Prada creations receive less and less attention. Rightly so? Let's have a look at "Amber pour homme", who appeared 13 years ago after all.

In comparison, "Amber pour homme" seems to be much more complex than the newer Prada fragrances. At least this could be assumed if one is deceived by the mere number of fragrances used in the head, heart and base notes. Amber pour homme" impressively demonstrates that the quantity of ingredients does not have to be an indicator for an olfactory feel-good atmosphere. It all begins here with a light and subtly fruity kick, evoked by the mandarin and bergamot, and after just a few seconds is accompanied by neroli, which adds floridity to the top note. With flowers it continues in the heart note. Here the composition is complemented by the rose geranium and the orange blossom. Unfortunately, I don't notice anything of the refreshing vetiver. But it would be urgently necessary, because already now the very strong and in my eyes unfortunately also unnatural floweriness is pressing in the nose. Vetiver always gives fragrances a beautiful fresh and above all green coat of paint. If this coat of paint is missing, many a flower fragrance can be extremely unpleasant, especially when it appears unnatural.
A missing green coat of paint is not the only problem here. I was just talking about an oppressive floweriness, but at the same time a musty, unappetising and somehow difficult to define note emerges. Could these be the so-called nirvanolids, which according to Parfumo express themselves as "musky, fruity, powdery with tectonic nuances"? If they are, they are neither fruity nor powdery for me, but inappropriately sweaty for this fragrance and somehow also animalistic and that in an unpleasant way. I know that musk should and can have an animalic effect, but on the one hand there are the fragrances where this is well implemented and where it fits into the overall picture, and then there are those who can simply save themselves such things because they are simply not inappropriate. Our test candidate definitely belongs to the second category, because this animalic sweat mark in combination with the unnatural floridity, which desperately tries to fake cleanliness, but is nevertheless not a bit fresh and clean, results in a broth which is not acceptable for my nose and which, at least for me, can now really be forgotten. We are very far away from a fragrance experience in which the individual elements shine through authenticity
Sebastian80
A velvety veil with charm
For the first time I consciously perceived Amber as such behind the ear and on the neck of a woman. Applied in the form of a light oil, the smell stayed there for many hours. In the early summer heat, only perceptible directly above the skin, a warm, slightly sweet scent opened up that could almost come from the skin itself: earthy, full-bodied and almost smelling of dark chocolate, pleasant and stimulating. For me it is quite a positive note, not necessarily assigned to a gender.

Recently I noticed Prada's Amber pour homme on someone else. At a distance of about one meter, sitting in a beer garden, a light breeze blew over to me from time to time. The impression was very pleasant, but at the same time it confirmed the most important rule in my dealings with Amber. Whoever applies too generously here destroys the beautiful character and thus probably also the peace of his immediate environment. The young lady suddenly becomes the penetrating, old muff newt, the elegant gentleman an extroverted stinker. With many perfumes and smells one can handle generously (with me e.g. Luna Rossa from the same house), this one is however only flatter softly and pleasantly, if it is not omnipresent present, because fresh or even powdery I do not feel APH at all.

Classic Meets Contemporary
Scentrack: Berto Pisano - Tema di Oscar

Nowadays there is no more classic concept of working hours. That's why Prada is perfect contemporary scent. Perfect for job and after job date, drink or visiting the theater. Beautiful airy mix of saffron, gentle leather, tonka, vetiver on the soapy musk base. Clean and classic, as well as hidden sexy, contemporary and elegant.
The mixture of notes is well blended, thus it's hard to choose one main note. For some reason women really like this scent. A perfect clean scent to hide dirty thoughts.

Rating: 8.5/10

More on Scentimentalwords

Soap in a bottle!
Now, there's nothing wrong with soap. It washes away dirt, it keeps you clean. It's great. So Prada here under the direction of Daniela Andrier on the theme of Amber, an imaginary accord composed of Vanilla, Benzoin and Labdanum. I get all of these in different variations. I also get neroli and orange blossom (used quite a lot in soap) as well as geranium, an ingredient used in men's soaps of the past. This is also combined with myrrh and patchouli, sandalwood, coumarin, and hints of cardamom.

Overall, it's a great achievement. Even though I identify it as "soapy", it is is an incredibly high and good quality. It's worth the money. Because it's a long lasting fragrance that develops from a clean burst of elegant, expensive soap, into a wonderful second skin scent. I cannot recommend it enough just for this fact alone. Great longevity and above all, elegant. For the price it can't be beaten for freshness, cleanliness and elegance. It may be soap in a bottle, but it's probably the best soap you've ever had.

Ahmetk96Ahmetk96 33 days ago
Prada are the CEO of "soap" fragrance.
I like this, its makes me feel comfortable when i wear it.
MeetjoeblackMeetjoeblack 182 days ago
Puts me in a good mood, appropriate for the office, women love it.
ZoikgreeceZoikgreece 7 months ago
the smell of the man I want to be beside me every morning
VmasterVmaster 10 months ago
I like perfumes that smell powdery, balsamic, and floral, but for me this is a powdery, balsamic, and floral mess.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 18 months ago
Velvety, powdery, clean & very soapy. The frag DNA is set by Nirvanolide®, a musky, fruity & powdery synthetic note. Amber notes? You wish!
ElysiumElysium 3 years ago
I've used and loved it. So soapy, clean and soothing. But, be careful, the sillage is enormous, it can fills up the room you are in there!

by Gandix
by Thizhy
by Siebter
by Siebter
by BlackbirdHH
der war mir dann doch zu süß-synthetisch auf dauer
by Couchlock
by Toreter
by PikScent
by PikScent

Popular Prada

L'Homme by Prada L'Homme Intense by Prada Infusion d'Iris Absolue by Prada Olfactories - Cargo de Nuit by Prada Luna Rossa Black by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2007) by Prada Infusion d'Iris Cèdre by Prada Infusion d'Amande by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2015) by Prada Infusion d'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada L'Homme L'Eau by Prada Prada (2004) / Prada Amber by Prada Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada Olfactories - Purple Rain by Prada L'Homme Water Splash by Prada Luna Rossa Extreme by Prada Infusion de Vétiver (2010) by Prada La Femme by Prada Prada (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Prada