Amber pour Homme 2006Eau de Toilette

Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada
Bottle Design Fabien Baron
Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Prada for men and was released in 2006. The scent is powdery-fresh. It is being marketed by Puig.

Daniela Andrier

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Cardamom, Mandarin orange, Neroli
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Vetiver, Orange blossom, Myrrh, Nirvanolide®
Base Notes Base NotesLabdanum, Tonka bean, Vanilla, Patchouli, Leather, Saffron, Sandalwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 17.11.2020.

Two friends in public transport - Part 3
"Hey there, Stefan!"
"Hm? Yes, howdy! (Yawn)

"Aaah, you look like a ladies' bicycle, what's the matter? Are you sick?"

"Nah, man, tired!"
"Well, you're tired all the time, but today..."
"Well, I took your advice yesterday and got Amber pour Homme."
"Uhhh, and that made you tired..."
"Man, just wait and hear me out!"
"Oh, my goodness The diva cup goes to you today, that's a fact!"

"I don't care! Anyway, I came home and Miri was already there. Of course, I had gotten into a good hump with the stuff in the shop by testing it. So I enter the apartment and Miri comes out to greet me. She frowned, sniffed and asked me what I smelled like. I mean: 'Amber pour Homme. I just bought it for the office Then she looks me in the eye, smiles, takes my hand and pulls me towards the bedroom furniture department. Well, you can guess the rest. Didn't sleep much, anyway. She's crazy about the smell of curd soap, that's for sure
"Wow! I mean that the fragrance is not only suitable for the office, but also as a flexible daytime scent and even for going out in a civilized way, I knew yes, but as an aphrodisiac...must really be Miri's passion for curd soap..."

"And, of course, the unbridled passion for me!"

"Yeah, whatever. Tell me about shopping, you don't usually go to the perfume shop much or at all."

"Well, I did everything exactly as you recommended. I sprayed some on the back of my hand. Old dad, I thought I was in an orange plantation! Wanted to call you and ask you if you got your recommendation wrong."

"Nah, that was just the top note, is dominated by the neroli and tropical fruit. Neroli is made from orange blossoms. Hence probably your association with the fruit plantation."

"Perhaps. Anyway, I took your advice and let a few minutes pass. Did a little pawing through the shop."

"Ha, how cool! Stefan walks around alone in the perfumery!"

"Stop it, I didn't know what to do with myself After a few minutes I was able to leave the orange plantation and the... what's it called?"

"Heart note?"

"Exactly, it must have kicked in by then."

"Well, basically it should have continued to smell like tropical fruit and a bit flowery or lilac."

"Yes, that, but somehow it smelled more... well... manly, if you like. Fresh, but more masculine."

"This is due to the geranium and especially the myrrh, but I also think I remember musk. In any case, you seem to have enjoyed it. A few hours later you must have noticed leather and saffron."

"Digger, a few hours later I noticed completely different things! Remember?"

"Oh, yeah, sorry!"

"All I know is in the middle of the night it smelled like curd soap when I moved my hand towards my nose."

"Yeah, the base is holding up pretty good on this one, about eight hours."
"But tell me, why is that scent called Amber.. Isn't Amber something to do with amber?"

"That's right, amber has a resinous, soft smell. And the scent has a masculine, but rather gentle aura. Maybe that's why they called it that."

"Perhaps. Somehow I get the feeling that this is more for not-so-hot days, right?"

"That's right, it's nothing for midsummer, but rather something for spring and late summer or the beginning of autumn. But it's not a very loud fragrance, rather subtle."

"Ha, he certainly didn't seem that subtle to Miri."
"You already mentioned that. In any case: Congratulations on the new fragrance!"

"Yeah, and thanks for the tip, man! ...So, gotta get out soon. Hopefully I can hold out today, I might fall asleep right away. We'll see what they say about my scent at work today
"Oh, most people like him, you'll be fine!"

"So, let's get a little over-excited. Will you wake me up?"

"Can do!"

"Thanks, man, you're a good guy!"

"I know..."
No introduction needed
Prada Amber pour Homme is the first men's fragrance from Prada, and the fragrance par excellence that Prada embodies in the men's fragrance industry, and Daniela Andrier has been asked to create a fragrance that women would like to smell on men.And the result: Prada Amber. I have tested all Prada men's fragrances except the infusion line and can say by far that this one is the best. PS: objectively better than Prada l'Homme, subjectively many see it differently
"Waaaaaaaaaaas?????? This is an aging fragrance, replaced by the Prada l'Homme line, smells just like soap, not exciting, not masculine at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"Yes, that's why.this fragrance here embodies the kind of scents Prada became famous for. "The fragrance starts in the top note with a gentle touch of a blend of bergamot, neroli and tangerine, with cardamom only in the background and accompanying the other components." - an accurate description is that it is the epitome of a soap scent, it is soap to spray on, a fresh powdery and luxurious soap, popular with the wealthier over 40s.Sure, it has a (less exciting) scent, and the top note does not smell like the heart note, etc. Translated and without much unnecessary babble: it starts fresh, and becomes more and more soapy, myrrh clearly stands out from the heart note, vanilla, saffron and labdanum are also noticeable as soon as the heart note disappears
Whoever orders this fragrance and expects a uniqueness or an "olfactory experience" : out of place.this perfume scores with its simplicity and simplicity.it presents an outstanding elegance,carefree and seriousness.

That's why I say it's a masterpiece, because I generally consider perfume and fragrances as an art form in themselves, and I always admire and respect the work behind the fragrances, the history and the creative process.Last but not least, the big issue of the perfume industry: "could be unisex, my wife wears them", yes, it could be unisex, and everyone can wear whatever they want, but it's not unisex that makes it so great.Because Prada launches a perfume for a male target group, which also represents the modern man (in the successful business life) well, the fragrance does not necessarily smell male, even has a metrosexual component, which is normal nowadays, both with fragrances and with men, and if you consider that it comes from "Prada"....but he is always serious, eloquent and elegant, and he doesn't project strongly, and that with intention, because what serious man wants to smell strongly of soap, even if it smells luxurious? I feel that you either have to have a certain enthusiasm for perfumery or be well educated to understand and appreciate a fragrance, even if it doesn't suit your subjective taste.
Musikus70
When the lilacs blossom again
I tried it with the "M" during my fragrance-smell marathon in the drugstore, found it good, took the strip home with me and put it under my wife's nose.
Reaction: "Wow, he smells good. Like lilac.
That's exactly what I was thinking. It smells like the juice in the bottle. Like lilac. And I have no idea why no one's mentioned this before.
So, looked up prices on the net.
Ah, 100ml for 40 Euro! Great. At "M" it cost twice as much!
Ordered, got it today, sprayed on, let my wife smell it,
and again: "wow, it smells good, too, like lilac, I can take that too".
Conclusion: all happy and content. What more do you want?

Soapy clean...
As much as Mugler Cologne smells like "out of the shower", this actually smells like the soapbar itself.

Slightly powdery and floral but very unoffensive and probably perfect for work in office or similar environments. The name "amber" has also got me shaking my head, or maybe there's just a twist to the name that i don't get ?!? A subtle but unique scent with great longevity.

Not my thing but I could see it working on the right guy in the right environment. I've yet to try a male Prada that I really enjoy

Simplicity at its best
There is genius and intelligence in simplicity and clarity. It's no different here. This is the smell of fresh towels, white flowers, Lux soap, clean bright and fine. You can wear it anywhere and it won't bother anyone.

It's clear that scent perception is something completely subjective but if there is one scent that I would classify as objectively simply universally good, it's this one. I can't imagine anyone out there turning up their nose at this smell. Sure, not everyone wants to smell clean and soapy all the time, but even those who don't like that direction will not be able to say that this perfume smells bad.

Has, by the way, the appropriate profile and potential to cost about 250 euros at some point and after production is discontinued
Condorpilot1
For the elegant man in the office
I tested the Prada Amber pour Homme at the airport in Helsinki about a year ago and was quite excited about the fragrance DNA. Warm, slightly woody, clean, elegant and even an amazingly good durability. A few months later I decided to buy it. Still this beautiful floral-powdery heart note that accompanies you for a long time, and a hint of Penhaligon's Sartorial. Plus spicy cardamom. I hardly notice citrus in the top note. Overall it has a light barbershop touch.

What was unfortunately disappointing with my bottle was the durability. Actually I remembered it quite well but somehow my Amber pour Homme doesn't last as long as it should... After 3-4 hours I have to spray a little bit more. But I like the fact that this fragrance is not loud, Sillage is pleasantly discreet, so that I have chosen this perfume as an ideal companion in the office at any time of the year. Warm, elegant, crowd-pleasing, an all-rounder. A comparatively linear scent on my skin.

Would I buy it again? I'm still struggling. If it would last a little longer, then Amber pour Homme would certainly be a regular part of my collection. But if you want to buy it blind, you won't be disappointed

Puttin' On the Ritz
The title derives from the slang expression "to put on the Ritz", meaning to dress very fashionably, and Prada Amber Pour Homme dresses you that way. It was 2006 when the city was full of billboards with the image of a guy lying on a bed, shirtless, wearing only a coat, his hands in his pockets, and a dark look. That was the advertisement for Prada Amber Pour Homme. I luckily had a chance to own and rock the original version, a powerful bomb with tremendous performances. There are very few colognes that accurately smell just like shaving soap and only a handful that falls in the general ballpark. Anyone who needs a lesson in what "soapy" feels like should try Amber Pour Homme. It doesn't get any soapier than this.

I don't know where to start with this scent apart from maybe. Bows down at the feet of the nose behind this scent! The first time I smelled Amber pour Homme, it was one of those times you have to keep breathing and keep feeling. It's gorgeous, and the amount of compliments it draws is astounding. Prada Amber Pour Homme is the first male fragrance that I've tried that I can classify as luxurious.

I love that fragrance. It has an intense, sensual opening with very slight notes of old-fashioned barbers soap, a bit almondy, and a touch of powdery lavender that gently dies down through the course of the day. By the very end of the day, the fragrance declares itself over with a delicate yet luxurious note of vanilla, very long-lasting. How to describe it? Amber pour Homme is a light soft scent to my nose but with a masculine twist. It smells powdery, and sure, it feels like a warm, fluffy but masculine blanket. It's got sweet Amber with a touch of powdery lavender soapiness. It starts pretty soapy strong but will mellow into something smooth, calm, and unique while its sweetness remains from start to finish.

Prada didn't make this to sell by the millions as it is unique, but I like the fact that I don't smell like every other guy when I wear this. It is so unique, and I love it, I also love the bottle design straightforward but looks elegant. Prada Amber pour Homme is sophisticated rather than overly masculine or sexy. I'm not saying that it isn't pleasant, because it most definitely is; however, its cleanliness and subtlety is what I find differs from other scents. And believe me or not, I have not even seen a clone akin or closely akin to this overall scent. There aren't any particular notes that stand out in this composition. They all tend to blend nicely, creating an almost soapy, powdery, and creamy-like quality, but there's so much more going on than that. There's a sweet, earthy, muskiness to it that is strong and bold, yet strangely calming.

I've read that perfumer Daniela Andrier created Prada Amber pour Homme centered on four accords. I could detect the following: fresh Cologne, here I get a brief rich blend of fresh cardamom and citrus peels on the first spray; clean Fougère, here the soapy accent from lavender is smooth on my skin. After that rich Amber, and I smell trails of powdery vanilla, sweet yet not cloying tonka, resinous myrrh, and modern patchouli. Finally, warm Suede, again, I get a rather prominent base note of saffron and tinge of sandalwood. The outcome is outstanding, it's executed beautifully in the dry down of Amber, with a musky finish that is both soft, warm, and breezy, like summer air through the bathroom window after a shower.

The opening plagued me. It stank like aviation fuel, not gasoline, I kind of get that. It's a definite olfactory uppercut but doesn't smell bad to me (if you are anything like me, the fuel accord in CD Fahrenheit suits you).

Then comes to the heart, the myrrh element here is incredible and crystal clear, a niche level takes on the note that positively smolders on my skin. It's backed up by a hot, dry, powdery amber. I don't get much patchouli, at least not the medicinal and dirty one, it functions here to smooth out the edges of the fragrance and give a sort of warm, creamy glow to the whole thing.

Afterward, saffron and leather blend beautifully together and are an iconic combo like rose and oud. The leather gets some added depth, and a floral twinge enhances the animalistic nature. I do get the musk which is a sort of golden vanilla musk, ephemeral wind through the window as aforementioned.

Although I think it's appropriate for most occasions, I most like wearing this to the office. Once it's given time to settle on my skin, its perfect for public transport and closed office space/meeting rooms. Don't get me wrong. The original version was such a powerhouse that anyone could detect it far away. The soapy and powdery accords flooded the room, yet the most recent release is watered down, the overall essence is the same but ain't stronger anymore. It stays with me nearly all day, and when I do get a whiff, it's instantly relaxing. The top notes are quite compelling to me, so I always try to put this on ahead before walking out the door. It lasts a good 8 hours on my skin, and I've had a lot of compliments when wearing this. So far, I've only used this in an Italian Fall and Winter. I'm not sure how it will carry itself in the coming warm Spring and hot Summer, but I imagine that if it's not over-applied, it will do just as nicely during the evenings and nights out.
This fragrance may not be "love at first smell" for some, but I felt it's the type of scent that will grow on you...as one gets to smell and know more of the various accords of this luxurious perfume. Fellows, whenever you're in skepticism about how you should smell, wear Amber Pour Homme, there is absolutely no way you can go wrong with a fragrance that mimics smooth, masculine soap.

-Elysium
Volker1964
A permanent guest in my collection
A Prada scent, which I like very much. Thanks Prada, you did a great job Top note
Very pleasant freshness meets more subtle spiciness with a floral and powdery touch. Nice and balanced. Makes you want to do more.
Heart note
Floral notes are pleasing to the eye. Freshness remains pleasant. Powdery note is presented. There are signs of more to come. I like it Base note
Now lighter wood, leather and vanilla are added. Very pleasant and balanced. Patchouli rounds off the whole thing very nicely / elegantly.
Conclusion
The fragrance is not a "screamer", but also not a "silent treader". Just right for me. It is quite complex overall and is developing very well. Freshness, spice, leather, wood, floral notes, a powdery note, very balanced. Not too much and not too little. I like it a lot. I wear it all year round for work and leisure. He's stopping at my place for a good eight hours.

Carlitos01
The Givaudan soapy and powdery revenge
[short review]
I must have a twist in my nose that makes me perceive this perfume quite diferently from other people.
It has a balsamic accord with myrrh and labdanum notes (not at all intense) that may be somewhat similar to an ambery accord. But it lacks the oriental touch of a sweet, warm, resinous vibe that I usually associate with the very vague and broad definition of typical amber. I also feel just a little bit of vanilla or other sweet and spicy notes.
My twisty nose scents an initial confusing floral bouquet that evolves to a fruity and powdery synthetic musk, tipical in some Givaudan ingredients, not really unpleasant, but by no means overwhelming. This accord - maybe due to the presence of geranium - also gives an heavy soapy vibe to the fragrance development.
I do like the heavy saffron touch that reveals itself quite early and endures till the (just a bit) woody drydown.
It turns out to be a decent masculine gentle and smooth fragrance, but that's about it.
Am I impressed? Not really! And way less impressed than many Youtube reviewers...
Is it overpriced? Maybe! I am used to pay less for a not unique soapy fragrance!
Is it overrated? Yeah, a bit! Is it the Prada name?
But that's only my opinion. Yours may be different of course.
Finds
So much I found in Amber pour Homme - so much, so much.
Tangerines, watery fresh from the tree.
The Neroli Sting, very gentle only, soon over.
The shower from a moment ago, a touch of gel still hangs in the room.
Silky smooth skin, powdered and creamed.
The old "Zino" even on some hot days.
Lavender violet blue, maybe just dreamed.
"Infusion d'Homme, the Prada DNA.
The barbershop, the hammam too.
Lots of light, lots of air, lots of come to rest.
Cotton wool soft warmth, not dense, very soft and light.
Then again points, edges, sun-bleached wood.
Found man, found woman, found a lot in between.
But the amber - I never found the amber.
Not in the sun and not in wind and rain, not in spring, summer or autumn.
Maybe he's saving up for dark winters, for freezing cold ice - who knows?!

Eliot65Eliot65 2 months ago
It has a background modern barbershop vibe, and it is more elegant and fresh than all the typical barbershop fragrances.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 3 months ago
This perfume smells like a cheap soap bar, powdery and floral at the beginning. Despite the name being Amber it lacks the sweetness of amber
MeetjoeblackMeetjoeblack 11 months ago
Puts me in a good mood, appropriate for the office, women love it.
ZoikgreeceZoikgreece 12 months ago
the smell of the man I want to be beside me every morning
VmasterVmaster 1 year ago
I like perfumes that smell powdery, balsamic, and floral, but for me this is a powdery, balsamic, and floral mess.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
Velvety, powdery, clean & very soapy. The frag DNA is set by Nirvanolide®, a musky, fruity & powdery synthetic note. Amber notes? You wish!
ElysiumElysium 4 years ago
I've used and loved it. So soapy, clean and soothing. But, be careful, the sillage is enormous, it can fills up the room you are in there!

by Gandix
by Thizhy
by Siebter
by Siebter
by BlackbirdHH
der war mir dann doch zu süß-synthetisch auf dauer
by Couchlock
by Toreter
by PikScent
by PikScent

Popular Prada

L'Homme by Prada L'Homme Intense by Prada Olfactories - Cargo de Nuit by Prada Luna Rossa Black by Prada Infusion d'Iris Absolue by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2007) by Prada Infusion d'Amande by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Infusion d'Iris Cèdre by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2015) by Prada L'Homme L'Eau by Prada Infusion d'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada L'Homme Water Splash by Prada Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada Prada (2004) / Prada Amber by Prada Olfactories - Purple Rain by Prada Luna Rossa Extreme by Prada La Femme by Prada Olfactories - Miracle of the Rose by Prada Infusion de Vétiver (2010) by Prada