Amber pour Homme 2006 Eau de Toilette

Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada
Bottle Design Fabien Baron
Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Prada for men and was released in 2006. The scent is powdery-fresh. It is being marketed by Puig.

Daniela Andrier

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Cardamom, Mandarin orange, Neroli
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Vetiver, Orange blossom, Myrrh, Nirvanolide®
Base Notes Base NotesLabdanum, Tonka bean, Vanilla, Patchouli, Leather, Saffron, Sandalwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 10.05.2021.

Landshark321
Well-blended sharp, sweet, cologne/fougere/amber hybrid
Today marks my long-overdue sampling of the 2006 release, Prada Man, also known as Prada Amber Pour Homme EDT, its characteristic purple juice being recognizable in the market but a designer release that I’m somehow avoided, and in short, it’s great, a soapy fresh amber that’s a satisfying borderline signature scent-type. It’s fresh with citruses and orange blossom, earthy/woody with vetiver and patchouli, and a touch sweet with tonka and vanilla. It does, as its advertising suggests, seems somewhat referential of a fougere and traditional men’s cologne, being somewhat on the sharper side of both, but not too sharp to be prohibitive, especially when most of the elements feel connected and well-blended. Even with the fougere and cologne archetypes in mind, it’s not overly masculine to me, but rather agreeable in the way that men’s fragrances tend to be nowadays.

This is a strong performer for a contemporary designer EDT, and is quite reasonably priced on the secondary market, under $60 for 100ml on FragranceNet, so I’ll have to pick up a bottle, as it’s an instant winner for me.

8 out of 10

Prada Amber Pour Homme EDT
This a very complex and smoothly blended scent. So much so it took me around a week to fully appreciate this beauty. The opening is sparkly and fizzy with the Cardamom and Neroli and Orange which is lush and refreshing tbh. That only lasts around 15 mins, then it evolves into the powdery heart with the Myrrh, Vetiver and Orange blossom with the deep resinous Labdanum which is probably the most Masculine part of the fragrance as its a little smoky and musky. Then the final and best stage is the gorgeous clean as a whistle dry down that is so soft and reminds of those creamy dove bars of soap crossed with the ultra soft and powdery Johnsons baby powder. Also there is a whisper of Saffron and Neroli that pokes out through the scent occasionally. and the scent lasts for ages for an EDT, strong fixatives used no doubt. Scent 10/10 Sillage 8/10 Longevity 10/10

Expensive soap scent
This smells great to me, smells like an expensive soap. The performance is extraordinary, I were this fragrance to impress ( very formal wear, suit & Tie type of fragrance) .Perfect for all year, and for people over 25+ in my opinion.

It's not a club fragrance ( nothing to scream "look at me", ), it's more like: " I have confidence and I'm well dressed" type of scent.

To me this is elegance in a bottle.

Well done Prada

Cheers

Runomilano
"Amber Pour Homme or L'Homme?" - "Both"
I have or had already some Prada fragrances in my collection .
Namely: Prada L'Homme, L'Homme Intense, Luna Rossa Black and Luna Rossa Carbon.
So it's safe to say that I really like the DNA of Prada fragrances, which is why I wanted at least one more Prada fragrance in my collection.
This time I have opted for the Amber Pour Homme EdT, because the fragrance notes have particularly appealed to me here.

Often this fragrance is compared with Prada L'Homme, because both go in a similar direction.This fragrance is namely like the L'Homme powdery and soapy.
Amber Pour Homme but at the same time still has a spicy-sweet note, which makes it more special in my opinion.
In addition, it has a better performance.
On my skin, Amber Pour Homme lasts at least 12 hours.
The projection is with me in about 1 hour and the sillage is rather moderate, as is the case with many other Prada fragrances.

I find that the Amber Pour Homme has more character than the L'Homme, as it smells more complex.
However, I don't think one has to exclude the other.
So just because I like Prada Amber Pour Homme better than the L'Homme, it does not mean the same,
that I can not still keep the L'Homme in my collection.
While both scents are in a similar direction, they are still different enough to have fun with both scents.
So a "fling" with both won't hurt :)

But now let's get back to the usual seriousness.
Amber Pour Homme is a very underrated fragrance and gets in my opinion, not the necessary recognition, which this fragrance should actually get.
Although it was released about 15 years ago, it is still very wearable and modern today, which shows that this fragrance is a timeless fragrance, because with this eau de toilette you smell elegant, clean, luxurious and professional.
It fits into any season and any environment (university, school & work).
However, I find it best as a spring-summer scent because it is a light, spicy-sweet and soapy scent.

It reminds me, like many others, of the soap in a luxury hotel, which immediately makes me want to go/fly on holiday straight away as I always get in a good mood when I smell this scent.

However, I would not recommend it without exception as a blind purchase, especially not if you expect a pure masculine fragrance due to the "Pour Homme" lettering.
Because this fragrance can have a "feminine touch" for some people, which is why I would classify it as unisex.

From the price-performance ratio, you can actually hardly get anything better.
Online you get Amber Pour Homme in the 100 ml variant for between 45 and 55 euros.
That's almost unbeatable for the quality you get.

If one would ask me:
"Amber Pour Homme or Prada L'Homme?", I would say "Both" :)
UdWill
The somewhat different fragrance assessment.
Since I'm pretty new here and with the partly excessive fragrance assessments nothing can start, I will dare to a "fragrance description" of the amber from my amateurish point of view.

Prada I wear in general very much. The L`Homme series (Original, Intense, Watersplash, L`Eau and Absolu) or Rossa series (Sport, Carbon, Original, Black) are with me in the cabinet.

The noblest of them for me is the Amber. Stands for me Leichtfüßig-Edler above the Black.
Intense and Absolu are other house numbers.
The Amber you can also wear in the office. In my case, that would be shot powder because our offices are occupied with Hippen whose salivation already starts with Axe.

Let's get to the fragrance description in the form of a date (partner).
Top note:
black updo, Pointed face, Black nerd glasses, Nude peach tone lips (now just leave the pencil on the table)
Heart notes:
My gaze swings in that notes direction. Yes...A....naklar A. A...will do. Another scrutinizing look into my hand. Yes A will do. Still...
Base note:
KF 34, a skirt that allows a maximum lunge of 0.50 cm and shoes that moved the waiter me the phone number of a parquet sealant discreetly under to push.
Sillage:
Caused my partner 2m sitting in front of me deep breathing through the nose to say that she loves me.
Did she mean the scent or me? I asked myself.
It didn't come to thinking because she asked me if I loved her too. Since the question "fragrance or me" was not yet clarified I said to her "That I love you I've told you but 6 years ago and if something changes I would tell you the same, for sure my darling".
Durability:
I am sure if my partner comes to her best friend and smells her pillow in the sheep room she would call with fingers clawed inside " where is this scoundrel".
Flacon:
attractive, but my eyes have already perceived other "flasks" lecherously.

So.
All in all, a fragrance Edeldatetauglich, Edelalltagstauglich and not too engaging, relatively fresh.
For me, the ideal fragrance for warm summer evenings. Something hidden slightly wicked.
Nurinuri
The Turkish "corner shop"
I like the scent very much.

Not just the scent as a perfume, but the scent as a memory of my childhood back home.

Every year, in the summer holidays, the whole family was in Turkey - vacation.

Since we had an apartment in the city, we were pretty central.
Everywhere in the cities there are these Corner - Shops or Aunt Emma shops.
There you really got everything you need to live.

In my case it was sweets and munchies!

When you enter the store, the first thing that hits you is the smell of detergent and soap.

Then you walk on and it smells like butter cookies and individually wrapped candy bars and more candy like sesame sticks, etc.

That's exactly what this Prada scent smells like to me!

In the first moment this purity and the feeling of being welcome and at home.

In the second moment this light floral, oriental sweetness and the carefree feeling that everything will be fine.

A fragrance that gives you every day a small "happy ending" gives... and me the realization that we are all just adult children...

Two friends in public transport - Part 3
"Hey there, Stefan!"
"Hm? Yes, howdy! (Yawn)

"Aaah, you look like a ladies' bicycle, what's the matter? Are you sick?"

"Nah, man, tired!"
"Well, you're tired all the time, but today..."
"Well, I took your advice yesterday and got Amber pour Homme."
"Uhhh, and that made you tired..."
"Man, just wait and hear me out!"
"Oh, my goodness The diva cup goes to you today, that's a fact!"

"I don't care! Anyway, I came home and Miri was already there. Of course, I had gotten into a good hump with the stuff in the shop by testing it. So I enter the apartment and Miri comes out to greet me. She frowned, sniffed and asked me what I smelled like. I mean: 'Amber pour Homme. I just bought it for the office Then she looks me in the eye, smiles, takes my hand and pulls me towards the bedroom furniture department. Well, you can guess the rest. Didn't sleep much, anyway. She's crazy about the smell of curd soap, that's for sure
"Wow! I mean that the fragrance is not only suitable for the office, but also as a flexible daytime scent and even for going out in a civilized way, I knew yes, but as an aphrodisiac...must really be Miri's passion for curd soap..."

"And, of course, the unbridled passion for me!"

"Yeah, whatever. Tell me about shopping, you don't usually go to the perfume shop much or at all."

"Well, I did everything exactly as you recommended. I sprayed some on the back of my hand. Old dad, I thought I was in an orange plantation! Wanted to call you and ask you if you got your recommendation wrong."

"Nah, that was just the top note, is dominated by the neroli and tropical fruit. Neroli is made from orange blossoms. Hence probably your association with the fruit plantation."

"Perhaps. Anyway, I took your advice and let a few minutes pass. Did a little pawing through the shop."

"Ha, how cool! Stefan walks around alone in the perfumery!"

"Stop it, I didn't know what to do with myself After a few minutes I was able to leave the orange plantation and the... what's it called?"

"Heart note?"

"Exactly, it must have kicked in by then."

"Well, basically it should have continued to smell like tropical fruit and a bit flowery or lilac."

"Yes, that, but somehow it smelled more... well... manly, if you like. Fresh, but more masculine."

"This is due to the geranium and especially the myrrh, but I also think I remember musk. In any case, you seem to have enjoyed it. A few hours later you must have noticed leather and saffron."

"Digger, a few hours later I noticed completely different things! Remember?"

"Oh, yeah, sorry!"

"All I know is in the middle of the night it smelled like curd soap when I moved my hand towards my nose."

"Yeah, the base is holding up pretty good on this one, about eight hours."
"But tell me, why is that scent called Amber.. Isn't Amber something to do with amber?"

"That's right, amber has a resinous, soft smell. And the scent has a masculine, but rather gentle aura. Maybe that's why they called it that."

"Perhaps. Somehow I get the feeling that this is more for not-so-hot days, right?"

"That's right, it's nothing for midsummer, but rather something for spring and late summer or the beginning of autumn. But it's not a very loud fragrance, rather subtle."

"Ha, he certainly didn't seem that subtle to Miri."
"You already mentioned that. In any case: Congratulations on the new fragrance!"

"Yeah, and thanks for the tip, man! ...So, gotta get out soon. Hopefully I can hold out today, I might fall asleep right away. We'll see what they say about my scent at work today
"Oh, most people like him, you'll be fine!"

"So, let's get a little over-excited. Will you wake me up?"

"Can do!"

"Thanks, man, you're a good guy!"

"I know..."
No introduction needed
Prada Amber pour Homme is the first men's fragrance from Prada, and the fragrance par excellence that Prada embodies in the men's fragrance industry, and Daniela Andrier has been asked to create a fragrance that women would like to smell on men.And the result: Prada Amber. I have tested all Prada men's fragrances except the infusion line and can say by far that this one is the best. PS: objectively better than Prada l'Homme, subjectively many see it differently
"Waaaaaaaaaaas?????? This is an aging fragrance, replaced by the Prada l'Homme line, smells just like soap, not exciting, not masculine at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"Yes, that's why.this fragrance here embodies the kind of scents Prada became famous for. "The fragrance starts in the top note with a gentle touch of a blend of bergamot, neroli and tangerine, with cardamom only in the background and accompanying the other components." - an accurate description is that it is the epitome of a soap scent, it is soap to spray on, a fresh powdery and luxurious soap, popular with the wealthier over 40s.Sure, it has a (less exciting) scent, and the top note does not smell like the heart note, etc. Translated and without much unnecessary babble: it starts fresh, and becomes more and more soapy, myrrh clearly stands out from the heart note, vanilla, saffron and labdanum are also noticeable as soon as the heart note disappears
Whoever orders this fragrance and expects a uniqueness or an "olfactory experience" : out of place.this perfume scores with its simplicity and simplicity.it presents an outstanding elegance,carefree and seriousness.

That's why I say it's a masterpiece, because I generally consider perfume and fragrances as an art form in themselves, and I always admire and respect the work behind the fragrances, the history and the creative process.Last but not least, the big issue of the perfume industry: "could be unisex, my wife wears them", yes, it could be unisex, and everyone can wear whatever they want, but it's not unisex that makes it so great.Because Prada launches a perfume for a male target group, which also represents the modern man (in the successful business life) well, the fragrance does not necessarily smell male, even has a metrosexual component, which is normal nowadays, both with fragrances and with men, and if you consider that it comes from "Prada"....but he is always serious, eloquent and elegant, and he doesn't project strongly, and that with intention, because what serious man wants to smell strongly of soap, even if it smells luxurious? I feel that you either have to have a certain enthusiasm for perfumery or be well educated to understand and appreciate a fragrance, even if it doesn't suit your subjective taste.
Musikus70
When the lilacs blossom again
I tried it with the "M" during my fragrance-smell marathon in the drugstore, found it good, took the strip home with me and put it under my wife's nose.
Reaction: "Wow, he smells good. Like lilac.
That's exactly what I was thinking. It smells like the juice in the bottle. Like lilac. And I have no idea why no one's mentioned this before.
So, looked up prices on the net.
Ah, 100ml for 40 Euro! Great. At "M" it cost twice as much!
Ordered, got it today, sprayed on, let my wife smell it,
and again: "wow, it smells good, too, like lilac, I can take that too".
Conclusion: all happy and content. What more do you want?

Soapy clean...
As much as Mugler Cologne smells like "out of the shower", this actually smells like the soapbar itself.

Slightly powdery and floral but very unoffensive and probably perfect for work in office or similar environments. The name "amber" has also got me shaking my head, or maybe there's just a twist to the name that i don't get ?!? A subtle but unique scent with great longevity.

Not my thing but I could see it working on the right guy in the right environment. I've yet to try a male Prada that I really enjoy

AdamStraightAdamStraight 4 months ago
Super fresh a bar of Soap fragrance , Sillage is great on this one, lacks a bit of complexity
Eliot65Eliot65 8 months ago
It has a background modern barbershop vibe, and it is more elegant and fresh than all the typical barbershop fragrances.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 9 months ago
This perfume smells like a cheap soap bar, powdery and floral at the beginning. Despite the name being Amber it lacks the sweetness of amber
MeetjoeblackMeetjoeblack 1 year ago
Puts me in a good mood, appropriate for the office, women love it.
ZoikgreeceZoikgreece 1 year ago
the smell of the man I want to be beside me every morning
VmasterVmaster 2 years ago
I like perfumes that smell powdery, balsamic, and floral, but for me this is a powdery, balsamic, and floral mess.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
Velvety, powdery, clean & very soapy. The frag DNA is set by Nirvanolide®, a musky, fruity & powdery synthetic note. Amber notes? You wish!
ElysiumElysium 4 years ago
I've used and loved it. So soapy, clean and soothing. But, be careful, the sillage is enormous, it can fills up the room you are in there!

by Gandix
by Siebter
by Naf29
by Naf29
by BlackbirdHH
der war mir dann doch zu süß-synthetisch auf dauer
by Couchlock
by Toreter
by PikScent
by PikScent

Popular Prada

L'Homme by Prada L'Homme Intense by Prada Olfactories - Cargo de Nuit by Prada Luna Rossa Black by Prada Infusion d'Iris Absolue by Prada Infusion d'Amande by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2015) by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2007) by Prada Infusion d'Iris Cèdre by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Toilette) by Prada L'Homme L'Eau by Prada L'Homme Water Splash by Prada Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada Infusion d'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Prada (2004) / Prada Amber by Prada Olfactories - Purple Rain by Prada Luna Rossa Extreme by Prada La Femme by Prada Olfactories - Miracle of the Rose by Prada Infusion de Vétiver (2010) by Prada