Amber pour Homme 2006 Eau de Toilette

Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada
Bottle Design Fabien Baron
Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Prada for men and was released in 2006. The scent is powdery-fresh. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Puig.

Daniela Andrier

PatchouliPatchouli
LeatherLeather
SaffronSaffron
SandalwoodSandalwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 26.09.2021.

KnowThis30
A soap dream of yesterday
Association:
What image, what idea runs through my head when I put on this perfume? I'm standing in my grandparents' bathroom washing my hands! Why at my grandparents' house? Because in my parents' house, in the houses of my friends and acquaintances, the curd soap has already been replaced. Usually, sometimes more, sometimes less nice soap dispensers or just the containers from the drugstores themselves can be found on the edges of the sinks, dispensing this Nivea- and/or Dove-smelling liquid on demand. It smells good - no question about it - but it has also been robbed of corners! My grandparents, on the other hand, insist on their
Bar of curd soap, already tarnished or broken on some sides, with its spicy and stubborn character.

Fragrance:
So does "Prada Amber pour Homme" smell old now? No, not at all! It smells like a spice-infused bar of soap in its purest form. In the opening by the short-lived citrus notes still relatively fresh, the fragrance turns in the heart in the soap as we once knew it and sounds in the base slightly sweet, slightly woody and a little leathery! The basic soap character accompanies the fragrance, however, over the entire lifespan - sometimes more, sometimes less present.

Durability:
In the durability there is nothing to complain about! Although fragrances from the house of Prada behave basically benevolent on my skin, "Amber pour Homme" so far surpasses all its relatives and remains easily ten hours and more on my skin! Certainly, extremely warm weather also reduces the durability range here, however, I would basically expect a life span of between seven and eight hours.

Sillage:
Perceived he is, that much is said in advance! Projects he in the first one to two hours really well, he becomes from the third relatively close to the skin and only noticeable to the closer environment. And, unlike "Prada L'Homme", for example, "Amber pour Homme" is actually perceived as a perfume - while "L'Homme" often makes others think that someone is "merely" wearing freshly washed laundry here. Perhaps precisely because this kind of soap character is used less and less and is perceived as such? Who knows...!?

Flacon:
That the fragrance - unlike L'Homme - was not quite allowed to enjoy the media attention, is in addition to its release date probably also the flacon!? Simple, mostly transparent, with a fragrance auflistetendenden metal plate and an asymmetrically placed spray head, it should probably be the color of the fragrance - lavender - which makes some think, it is a rather feminine fragrance. Personally, I like the bottle, as it tries to convey the "simplicity" of the fragrance. If there were then something to criticize, so it would probably be the lid of the spray head: neither engaging, nor magnetically adhering, it is simply pushed onto the sprayer - where it is, however, firmly seated to protect the scent.

Price:
50 ml listed on the Prada website for 75€ (100 ml for 100€), you get the fragrance on relevant discounter sites already for about 40 (50 ml) or 65€ (100 ml), this is but already for about fifteen years on the market. A more than fair price for such a long-lasting fragrance. Would I get him even for the manufacturer's price? In any case!

Possible uses (or where and when?):
Is there a time or place where "Amber pour Homme" would be out of place? Actually, no! Limited to the temperatures, this fragrance is excellent wearable in both warm and cold weather. At work as in private time, one conveys a well-groomed and "clean" impression. However, if you want to stand out and cause a stir - e.g. in a club or the like - you should give this fragrance a wide berth! For this it is neither intended, nor was it designed with this ulterior motive and the field of alternatives is thankfully large.

Note:
Even if there is next to "Amber pour Homme" still the female counterpart - only - "Prada Amber" from the year 2004, so I can not help but notice that both fragrances for my nose could definitely pass as unisex.
Stylish, pleasant, well-groomed.
I wear this EdT (sometimes also the Intense-EdP variant) for 15 years. Always nice to dive in there in the first second in completely safe embrace and freshness. Soap associations are definitely there, but underneath, labdanum, tonka bean and patchouli provide the ambery magic and depth that easily carries over 12 h - 24 h. (You feel like you're in the middle of something. (One feels, so to speak, perfectly cared for in this time span.)
The fragrance unfolds for my feeling very subtle. No "Roomfiller", no slaying, but an invitation to come closer to the wearer. Very pleasant and compatible user interface but without remaining too generic. I actually wore it exclusively from 2008-2013. It never gets bored, it grows with the wearer. For a long time, it was perfectly enough for me.
The women also liked him very much. A "Ankommer." No fragrance that compulsively demands compliments: He just seems engaging. Underlines what is there. ("Do YOU smell like this...?" factor) Stylish addition without a sledgehammer. A long-term love.
Durability on the skin w.o. described very good. In the atomizer (which, by the way, I like quite excellent with the recessed stainless steel plate) and kept open in the bathroom, the intensity keeps loose for 3 years, then slight "fade-out", but I still have one here from 2013, which has despite significant oxidation still fine aromas ready. Must one then just four strokes apply instead of one.
Small note-to-myself: Order a fresh box again
Salva
When you smell like angels...
What are angels?
What do they look like?
What do they eat?
What do they drink?
What do they smell like?

[...]

Even as a child, I always found angels fascinating and kept asking myself these questions.

I remember my elementary school days when I drew my very first angel in second grade, presented it to my homeroom teacher and was proud as Oscar.
Even today as an adult I still deal with this topic.

Now in the teachings of the monotheistic Abrahamic religions, angels are said to be spirit beings in human form, created by God and sent to man as his messenger. I would not call myself a religious person, but I would like to believe this (and I do). Because believing I am somehow already...

[...]

When I smell fragrances for the first time, I often associate them with something specific. With this Prada Amber Pour Homme EdT the other day, it was those very angels; this scent is so pure, clean, fresh, sublime and noble that I immediately associated it with angels.

The house of Prada in particular is, after all, known for these kinds of clean fragrances. The Italian fashion and leather goods company based in Milan was already founded in 1913 by Mario Prada, but the big breakthrough succeeded in principle only at the end of the 70s, when the granddaughter of the founder, Miuccia Prada, took over the company. With her, the company managed to gain a proper foothold worldwide and make a name for itself.

Fragrances but one brought only from 2004 on the market, and with the simple name "Prada" first of all a fragrance for the ladies (in principle, the ladies version of this Pour Homme's, although this goes in a clearly different direction).

The Prada Amber Pour Homme EdT, on the other hand, is the first men's fragrance from the house, which appeared in 2006. And he is for me a real angel fragrance blessed with pure class...

[...]

This fragrance is so simple and plain, but at the same time so fascinatingly beautiful, that I am really excited and wonder why I did not test and discover it earlier. Especially now in spring / summer, when it is not too warm, it unfolds its wonderful aura and its famoso aroma like anything else.

The designation "Amber" apparently irritates many, when they test this fragrance, this note is not even listed in the pyramid. At first glance, understandable, but if you deal with the perfumer Daniela Andrier (a German who worked for Chanel, among others) and deal with their thoughts and visions, then you realize that the designation has been chosen deliberately. Here the note is because of the other just differently interpreted and not so warm, as one may know it otherwise, but in whole rather fresh-energy-sensual.
But apart from that: if a fragrance pleases the nose, everything else should not matter...

[...]

The fragrance does not have a great exciting progression, but this bothers me zero. In particular, this distinguishes this fabulous fragrance mMn.

He starts right ultra fresh with light hesperidischen chords, before he gets his characteristic fresh powdery soap note. This is namely his main essence and he also keeps until the base, before there - for my opinion - a delicate touch of sensual oriental notes dazugesellt.

Surprisingly, he also knows with a strong durability to convince. Often fragrances of this kind have known weaknesses in this regard, but not this one. On my skin, he keeps a good 7 h, and the sillage I take in the first 2-3 h also well perceived.

[...]

Conclusion:

That he is somehow in the shadow of L'Homme EdT from the house of Prada, I find the fragrance is not at all just. But if self-absorbed, narcissistically inclined and equipped with a large portion of ADHD so-called. Influencer the L'Homme EdT for years over the green Klee praise and gradually all the world parrots each other, this is not a big surprise.

Be that as it may, I personally should not care. I find the Prada Amber Pour Homme EdT beautiful. A in my eyes high quality, wonderfully elegant and noble smelling, clean, powdery soap scent with a punch of the Orient, if you will.

Distinctive simplicity and individual simplicity combined in pure elegant class.

A fragrance from angels for angels...

Thank you for reading!

Landshark321
Well-blended sharp, sweet, cologne/fougere/amber hybrid
Today marks my long-overdue sampling of the 2006 release, Prada Man, also known as Prada Amber Pour Homme EDT, its characteristic purple juice being recognizable in the market but a designer release that I’m somehow avoided, and in short, it’s great, a soapy fresh amber that’s a satisfying borderline signature scent-type. It’s fresh with citruses and orange blossom, earthy/woody with vetiver and patchouli, and a touch sweet with tonka and vanilla. It does, as its advertising suggests, seems somewhat referential of a fougere and traditional men’s cologne, being somewhat on the sharper side of both, but not too sharp to be prohibitive, especially when most of the elements feel connected and well-blended. Even with the fougere and cologne archetypes in mind, it’s not overly masculine to me, but rather agreeable in the way that men’s fragrances tend to be nowadays.

This is a strong performer for a contemporary designer EDT, and is quite reasonably priced on the secondary market, under $60 for 100ml on FragranceNet, so I’ll have to pick up a bottle, as it’s an instant winner for me.

8 out of 10

Prada Amber Pour Homme EDT
This a very complex and smoothly blended scent. So much so it took me around a week to fully appreciate this beauty. The opening is sparkly and fizzy with the Cardamom and Neroli and Orange which is lush and refreshing tbh. That only lasts around 15 mins, then it evolves into the powdery heart with the Myrrh, Vetiver and Orange blossom with the deep resinous Labdanum which is probably the most Masculine part of the fragrance as its a little smoky and musky. Then the final and best stage is the gorgeous clean as a whistle dry down that is so soft and reminds of those creamy dove bars of soap crossed with the ultra soft and powdery Johnsons baby powder. Also there is a whisper of Saffron and Neroli that pokes out through the scent occasionally. and the scent lasts for ages for an EDT, strong fixatives used no doubt. Scent 10/10 Sillage 8/10 Longevity 10/10

Expensive soap scent
This smells great to me, smells like an expensive soap. The performance is extraordinary, I were this fragrance to impress ( very formal wear, suit & Tie type of fragrance) .Perfect for all year, and for people over 25+ in my opinion.

It's not a club fragrance ( nothing to scream "look at me", ), it's more like: " I have confidence and I'm well dressed" type of scent.

To me this is elegance in a bottle.

Well done Prada

Cheers

Runomilano
"Amber Pour Homme or L'Homme?" - "Both"
I have or had already some Prada fragrances in my collection .
Namely: Prada L'Homme, L'Homme Intense, Luna Rossa Black and Luna Rossa Carbon.
So it's safe to say that I really like the DNA of Prada fragrances, which is why I wanted at least one more Prada fragrance in my collection.
This time I have opted for the Amber Pour Homme EdT, because the fragrance notes have particularly appealed to me here.

Often this fragrance is compared with Prada L'Homme, because both go in a similar direction.This fragrance is namely like the L'Homme powdery and soapy.
Amber Pour Homme but at the same time still has a spicy-sweet note, which makes it more special in my opinion.
In addition, it has a better performance.
On my skin, Amber Pour Homme lasts at least 12 hours.
The projection is with me in about 1 hour and the sillage is rather moderate, as is the case with many other Prada fragrances.

I find that the Amber Pour Homme has more character than the L'Homme, as it smells more complex.
However, I don't think one has to exclude the other.
So just because I like Prada Amber Pour Homme better than the L'Homme, it does not mean the same,
that I can not still keep the L'Homme in my collection.
While both scents are in a similar direction, they are still different enough to have fun with both scents.
So a "fling" with both won't hurt :)

But now let's get back to the usual seriousness.
Amber Pour Homme is a very underrated fragrance and gets in my opinion, not the necessary recognition, which this fragrance should actually get.
Although it was released about 15 years ago, it is still very wearable and modern today, which shows that this fragrance is a timeless fragrance, because with this eau de toilette you smell elegant, clean, luxurious and professional.
It fits into any season and any environment (university, school & work).
However, I find it best as a spring-summer scent because it is a light, spicy-sweet and soapy scent.

It reminds me, like many others, of the soap in a luxury hotel, which immediately makes me want to go/fly on holiday straight away as I always get in a good mood when I smell this scent.

However, I would not recommend it without exception as a blind purchase, especially not if you expect a pure masculine fragrance due to the "Pour Homme" lettering.
Because this fragrance can have a "feminine touch" for some people, which is why I would classify it as unisex.

From the price-performance ratio, you can actually hardly get anything better.
Online you get Amber Pour Homme in the 100 ml variant for between 45 and 55 euros.
That's almost unbeatable for the quality you get.

If one would ask me:
"Amber Pour Homme or Prada L'Homme?", I would say "Both" :)
UdWill
The somewhat different fragrance assessment.
Since I'm pretty new here and with the partly excessive fragrance assessments nothing can start, I will dare to a "fragrance description" of the amber from my amateurish point of view.

Prada I wear in general very much. The L`Homme series (Original, Intense, Watersplash, L`Eau and Absolu) or Rossa series (Sport, Carbon, Original, Black) are with me in the cabinet.

The noblest of them for me is the Amber. Stands for me Leichtfüßig-Edler above the Black.
Intense and Absolu are other house numbers.
The Amber you can also wear in the office. In my case, that would be shot powder because our offices are occupied with Hippen whose salivation already starts with Axe.

Let's get to the fragrance description in the form of a date (partner).
Top note:
black updo, Pointed face, Black nerd glasses, Nude peach tone lips (now just leave the pencil on the table)
Heart notes:
My gaze swings in that notes direction. Yes...A....naklar A. A...will do. Another scrutinizing look into my hand. Yes A will do. Still...
Base note:
KF 34, a skirt that allows a maximum lunge of 0.50 cm and shoes that moved the waiter me the phone number of a parquet sealant discreetly under to push.
Sillage:
Caused my partner 2m sitting in front of me deep breathing through the nose to say that she loves me.
Did she mean the scent or me? I asked myself.
It didn't come to thinking because she asked me if I loved her too. Since the question "fragrance or me" was not yet clarified I said to her "That I love you I've told you but 6 years ago and if something changes I would tell you the same, for sure my darling".
Durability:
I am sure if my partner comes to her best friend and smells her pillow in the sheep room she would call with fingers clawed inside " where is this scoundrel".
Flacon:
attractive, but my eyes have already perceived other "flasks" lecherously.

So.
All in all, a fragrance Edeldatetauglich, Edelalltagstauglich and not too engaging, relatively fresh.
For me, the ideal fragrance for warm summer evenings. Something hidden slightly wicked.
Nurinuri
The Turkish "corner shop"
I like the scent very much.

Not just the scent as a perfume, but the scent as a memory of my childhood back home.

Every year, in the summer holidays, the whole family was in Turkey - vacation.

Since we had an apartment in the city, we were pretty central.
Everywhere in the cities there are these Corner - Shops or Aunt Emma shops.
There you really got everything you need to live.

In my case it was sweets and munchies!

When you enter the store, the first thing that hits you is the smell of detergent and soap.

Then you walk on and it smells like butter cookies and individually wrapped candy bars and more candy like sesame sticks, etc.

That's exactly what this Prada scent smells like to me!

In the first moment this purity and the feeling of being welcome and at home.

In the second moment this light floral, oriental sweetness and the carefree feeling that everything will be fine.

A fragrance that gives you every day a small "happy ending" gives... and me the realization that we are all just adult children...

Two friends in public transport - Part 3
"Hey there, Stefan!"
"Hm? Yes, howdy! (Yawn)

"Aaah, you look like a ladies' bicycle, what's the matter? Are you sick?"

"Nah, man, tired!"
"Well, you're tired all the time, but today..."
"Well, I took your advice yesterday and got Amber pour Homme."
"Uhhh, and that made you tired..."
"Man, just wait and hear me out!"
"Oh, my goodness The diva cup goes to you today, that's a fact!"

"I don't care! Anyway, I came home and Miri was already there. Of course, I had gotten into a good hump with the stuff in the shop by testing it. So I enter the apartment and Miri comes out to greet me. She frowned, sniffed and asked me what I smelled like. I mean: 'Amber pour Homme. I just bought it for the office Then she looks me in the eye, smiles, takes my hand and pulls me towards the bedroom furniture department. Well, you can guess the rest. Didn't sleep much, anyway. She's crazy about the smell of curd soap, that's for sure
"Wow! I mean that the fragrance is not only suitable for the office, but also as a flexible daytime scent and even for going out in a civilized way, I knew yes, but as an aphrodisiac...must really be Miri's passion for curd soap..."

"And, of course, the unbridled passion for me!"

"Yeah, whatever. Tell me about shopping, you don't usually go to the perfume shop much or at all."

"Well, I did everything exactly as you recommended. I sprayed some on the back of my hand. Old dad, I thought I was in an orange plantation! Wanted to call you and ask you if you got your recommendation wrong."

"Nah, that was just the top note, is dominated by the neroli and tropical fruit. Neroli is made from orange blossoms. Hence probably your association with the fruit plantation."

"Perhaps. Anyway, I took your advice and let a few minutes pass. Did a little pawing through the shop."

"Ha, how cool! Stefan walks around alone in the perfumery!"

"Stop it, I didn't know what to do with myself After a few minutes I was able to leave the orange plantation and the... what's it called?"

"Heart note?"

"Exactly, it must have kicked in by then."

"Well, basically it should have continued to smell like tropical fruit and a bit flowery or lilac."

"Yes, that, but somehow it smelled more... well... manly, if you like. Fresh, but more masculine."

"This is due to the geranium and especially the myrrh, but I also think I remember musk. In any case, you seem to have enjoyed it. A few hours later you must have noticed leather and saffron."

"Digger, a few hours later I noticed completely different things! Remember?"

"Oh, yeah, sorry!"

"All I know is in the middle of the night it smelled like curd soap when I moved my hand towards my nose."

"Yeah, the base is holding up pretty good on this one, about eight hours."
"But tell me, why is that scent called Amber.. Isn't Amber something to do with amber?"

"That's right, amber has a resinous, soft smell. And the scent has a masculine, but rather gentle aura. Maybe that's why they called it that."

"Perhaps. Somehow I get the feeling that this is more for not-so-hot days, right?"

"That's right, it's nothing for midsummer, but rather something for spring and late summer or the beginning of autumn. But it's not a very loud fragrance, rather subtle."

"Ha, he certainly didn't seem that subtle to Miri."
"You already mentioned that. In any case: Congratulations on the new fragrance!"

"Yeah, and thanks for the tip, man! ...So, gotta get out soon. Hopefully I can hold out today, I might fall asleep right away. We'll see what they say about my scent at work today
"Oh, most people like him, you'll be fine!"

"So, let's get a little over-excited. Will you wake me up?"

"Can do!"

"Thanks, man, you're a good guy!"

"I know..."

Jbl775Jbl775 8 days ago
A sharp, yet clean scent, perfect for office, and ideal for spring and summer.
HugoMontezHugoMontez 3 months ago
A clean and fresh barbershop soap with a weird leather-powdery aftertaste. Not great but unique and versatile. Daniela Andrier did a classic
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 4 months ago
Even soapier than Infusion d‘Homme. Its like you take a piece of soap from a hotel suite and somehow dissolve it and fill it into the flask
AdamStraightAdamStraight 9 months ago
Super fresh a bar of Soap fragrance , Sillage is great on this one, lacks a bit of complexity
Eliot65Eliot65 1 year ago
It has a background modern barbershop vibe, and it is more elegant and fresh than all the typical barbershop fragrances.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
This perfume smells like a cheap soap bar, powdery and floral at the beginning. Despite the name being Amber it lacks the sweetness of amber
MeetjoeblackMeetjoeblack 2 years ago
Puts me in a good mood, appropriate for the office, women love it.
ZoikgreeceZoikgreece 2 years ago
the smell of the man I want to be beside me every morning
VmasterVmaster 2 years ago
I like perfumes that smell powdery, balsamic, and floral, but for me this is a powdery, balsamic, and floral mess.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
Velvety, powdery, clean & very soapy. The frag DNA is set by Nirvanolide®, a musky, fruity & powdery synthetic note. Amber notes? You wish!

by Gandix
by Siebter
by Naf29
by Naf29
by BlackbirdHH
der war mir dann doch zu süß-synthetisch auf dauer
by Couchlock
by Toreter
by PikScent
by PikScent

Popular Prada

L'Homme by Prada L'Homme Intense by Prada Olfactories - Cargo de Nuit by Prada Infusion d'Iris Absolue by Prada Luna Rossa Black by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2015) by Prada Infusion d'Iris Cèdre by Prada Infusion d'Amande by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2007) by Prada L'Homme L'Eau by Prada L'Homme Water Splash by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada Infusion d'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Luna Rossa Extreme by Prada Prada (2004) / Prada Amber by Prada Olfactories - Purple Rain by Prada La Femme by Prada Olfactories - Miracle of the Rose by Prada Amber pour Homme Intense by Prada