Candy by Prada
Where to buy?
Candy (Prada)
Candy is a perfume by Prada for women and was released in 2011. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is being marketed by Puig.

Daniela Andrier

Top Notes Top NotesMusk
Heart Notes Heart NotesBenzoin
Base Notes Base NotesCaramel

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 16.02.2017

Although the perfumer Daniela Andrier is said to be anosmic against maltol, she accomplished a balanced accord of Crème Caramel. It is allegedly founded on a combination of 0,22 % maltol and ethyl maltol and a high dose of musk.

Scent 4.0/10
2 Awards
unimpressed if not a bit... dare i say trashy?
uggh. no i just can't. it's gross. it makes me think of strippers and trophy housewives who only wear the color pink and carry around tiny purse dogs. zero sophistication, zero originality, this scent makes me want to slap someone.
Bottle 2.5/10
Scent 3.0/10
Helpful Review    4 Awards
Prada Candy-A Good Body Spray Of Caramel
Musk, Caramel & Benzoin at a ridiculous price. Absolutely no benzoin or musk came out, but some sweetness did for a brief moment before it dissipated into thin air. Prada Candy seemed more like a body spray than a perfume for me. Packaging is cute and appealing for a certain demographic, and many enjoy this fragrance. It just doesn't work with my chemistry for it's longevity or mix. I feel there are many other gourmands on the market that are far better mixes to choose from whether on the low-end or high-end that will give you more bang for your buck.
I am a fan of (gasp) Pink Sugar, (yes, I admit it), I adore vanilla and something that is sweet but I also need others in the mix to tone it down or make it interesting for me. I really don't mind if the packaging is or isn't to my liking. I don't invite strangers to my boudoir, after all. The bottle is cute for those that like it. So are the advertisements behind it. But try as I may, warmer weather and cooler, I just could not get much more than sweet candy out of this frag. Oh well. A good mixer, then.
Sillage 7.5/10
Longevity 7.5/10
Helpful Review    2 Awards
Nihil sub sole novum est...
Okay, maybe a few things under the sun are new, but certainly not Prada CANDY. This smells just like Trussardi INSIDE! I see that other reviewers have compared this composition to a variety of other perfumes, so clearly there is some real overlap between scents which combine sweet benzoin and musk in this way. Trussardi INSIDE includes a coffee note not listed in the line-up for Prada CANDY, but there are obviously some mystery notes involved here, since this is clearly more than benzoin + musk + caramel!

I waited a while to try Prada CANDY. Why? Ironically because of the name! Why would I want to wear a perfume that smells of candy when I detest Aquolina PINK SUGAR and other such fragrances? My curiosity was piqued, however, by a few reviews which denied that this creation was a sugar bomb (above all, LilianLibido, see below...), and as a confirmed Prada-phile and an admirer of the work of Daniela Andrier, I couldn't really believe that she'd launch a synthetic sugar solution as a perfume.

She did not. Prada CANDY is a pleasing perfume. That said, it is not very complex, nor is it original. The good news is that it is infinitely more wearable than most gourmand fragrances at this sweetness level. Prada CANDY smells yummy without being edible, if that makes any sense.

Now I'm going to have to revisit Trussardi INSIDE to make sure that my identification is correct!
Helpful Review    5 Awards
Another one with a misleading name
If you're looking for a candy fragrance, don't bother with this one, you will be sorely disappointed. Why Prada named it Candy, I'll never know, my guess is someone in their marketing department needs to grow up past highschool.

Which is not to say that I don't like it: I happen to love this perfume!

Past the initial opening, it's actually not sweet at all, it's more of a salty/powdery/musky/woodsy slightly caramelized concoction. But not like candy at all.
And it dries down to a barely there veil of scent, occasionally warming and wafting up throughout the day when you get active, this is not a sillage monster that leaves a trail so thick you can see it, either.
But it gives the skin a very sensual aura, with a delicate powdery edge and a trace of yumminess.

And in that, Prada did a fantastic job. They just need to fire the juvenile cretin who named the fragrance, lol.
Bottle 5.0/10
Scent 5.0/10
Helpful Review    4 Awards
A little over-hyped
A majority of women may disagree with me on this point, but I find Prada Candy boring.

Despite the fact that I dislike loud and sugary gourmands, I'm kind of wishing that Prada Candy was one of those fragrances, because this subtle whisper of caramel and musk leaves me feeling uninspired and disappointed.

Prior to smelling this perfume, my fellow fragrant friends kept encouraging me to smell Prada Candy, and in turn give them my honest opinion. Well, here goes: while I certainly don't find it repulsive, it is generic and plain. Prada, while attempting to appeal to the younger market with its sweet accords, has made this fragrance subtle as a means of remaining classic and stylish. The two don't go hand in hand.

I refrain from labelling Prada Candy as a gourmand, because while it's sweet and gooey, it doesn't smell like something I would want to eat. The caramel note actually has a slightly burnt edge, which many have noted as being off-putting.

A hint of spiciness tries to steer Prada Candy towards 'oriental land', but fails. Candy-land is where this fragrance is from beginning to end. I unfortunately find this fragrance headache inducing if I smell it for too long. I am only grateful that this fragrance doesn't have a cotton candy smell.

I agree with Eilismaireg (on Fragrantica), Prada Candy is indeed one of those fragrances that have been "done to death". Nothing original and exciting to be found here I'm afraid. Despite being amongst the targeted age range for this fragrance, I'll be happily passing up Prada Candy in hopes that there are people that appreciate it far more than I do.
Bottle 2.5/10
Take Me To The Candy Shop
Candy by Prada reminds me very much of Inside by Trussardi.
Inside is a gourmand favourite of mine, but to my nose Trussardi is the more grown up version and Prada's Candy is the sweetheart with a wild-side to her. Candy in crème brûlée that is begging you to eat it....with your fingers. Why not? Finger-food is yum once in a while.

Silage is: "I am dessert in a 5* restaurant" -- Longevity is a bit short: 3+ hours. Sniff before buy! A fun scent for those who love it enough to spend this much for something that is not everyones cup of tea....erm...Candy. But perfume should be fun too! Right?
jtd
Helpful Review    3 Awards
gourmand guitar feedback
Caveat: While I love drag queens, I tend not to like dessert-like gourmands. Just not my thing.

Prada’s Candy is in many respects a super-gourmand. It’s cotton-candyish, it’s caramellic, it’s vanillic, and it gains sweetness as it goes. Much seems to have come out of Prada’s PR about the benzoin and therefore the oriental genre. Yes, there’s benzoin, but the name of the perfume tells you about the perfume’s true affiliation: the dessert/gourmand category.

I see people referring to Candy as complex, the complexity implying a big, successful outcome. I find Candy more of a kitchen sink gourmand. It’s a busting-at-the-seems stuffed perfume. It hits the prominent notes of the big players in the gourmand game from the past few years.

But if you’re trying to capture Candy by describing its scent, you run the risk of giving a description that might apply to any other dessert perfume. Here’s how I see it: If you liken a sweet gourmand perfume to a straight, femme women, then Candy is the glam drag queen. The femme gives a certain portrayal of gender. The drag queen and Candy both take that same femininity as a starting place, then turn up the volume until the distortion sets in.
Bottle 7.5/10
Helpful Review    2 Awards
So, now I’ve tested this one as well
Tststs, of course I dismantled the flask right away. It rests on the shelf, I grab it and pull off what looks like the cap….it’s not the cap, it’s the spraying mechanism!!! Well, girls, do not pull off the hat, it has to be like that. It takes a while for me to find the tiny hole of the spraying mechanism and now I could start. It sprays very wet, just to mention it.

The pyramid above has to be a joke! There is much more and in a different sequence, fruit, juice, flowers – yes, I tell you there’s Iris as well! The start is yummy and follows the trend of the fruit bombes which are so popular lately. Somehow not really Prada. But what the ….., let them play.
Once the flowers have been caramelized in a bath of sugar it becomes really sweet. I’m not talking toothache provocation but compare it to the sensation in my mouth when I put in a huge delicious truffle all at once, let it melt slowly and have every surface in the cavern of my mouth all coated. Full-mouthed….. full-bodied…

But just as the truffle taste is swallowed quite fast, Candy evaporates on my skin. It’s a real shame since on the testing paper it stays relatively well and on it there is a tiny splinter of wood next to the sweet musk. Unfortunately that never appeared on my skin. I can imagine that on clothes Candy lingers longer.

Popular Prada

Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) by Prada Infusion d'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Candy by Prada Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Prada (2004) / Prada Amber by Prada Luna Rossa (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Prada L'Eau Ambrée by Prada Luna Rossa Extreme by Prada Infusion d'Iris Absolue by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Infusion de Vétiver by Prada Infusion de Fleur d'Oranger by Prada L'Homme by Prada Candy L'Eau by Prada Amber pour Homme Intense by Prada Candy Florale by Prada Infusion de Tubéreuse by Prada Prada (Eau de Parfum Tendre) by Prada La Femme by Prada Luna Rossa Sport by Prada