Candy 2011Eau de Parfum

Candy (Eau de Parfum) by Prada
Bottle Design Fabien Baron
Candy (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Prada for women and was released in 2011. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is being marketed by Puig.

Daniela Andrier

Top Notes Top NotesMusk
Heart Notes Heart NotesBenzoin
Base Notes Base NotesCaramel

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 24.11.2020.

Although the perfumer Daniela Andrier is said to be anosmic against maltol, she accomplished a balanced accord of Crème Caramel. It is allegedly founded on a combination of 0,22 % maltol and ethyl maltol and a high dose of musk.

InTOXIcation
It's what it is says love.....
- what it is, the mind asks.
Where we're going, that's what we want to know - Mhm...

Do we really always want to know where everything goes? Or are surprises not more beautiful?
Facts not easier to understand ?
Fate not sealed at birth anyway?
And in general - what is love, what is understanding?

Why do we love what we love?
Understand some things and not understand some things?
And who has understood the year 2020 at all?

I, for one, don't understand a lot of things. Fortunately And I love things that many others don't love. Also good
I love spiders, jalapenos, cinnamon, brussels sprouts, big, coarse men with hands like paddles that can throw tree trunks, look like Vikings, and smell more like beer than moisturizer. I love the dark and mystical of the north. Iceland and Tromso rocks - anyone can do the Balearic Islands. I love rain, storm, thunderstorm, being alone sometimes, silence and melancholy Oh, and I love, love, love horror movies and psycho clowns. Dogs anyway, and the feeling when pain subsides.

And Prada Candy, I love him, too - forever. Yeah, that mainstreamer. The scent that 16-year-olds wear that's sweet, gooey, and one-dimensional. So you hear it here and there There are such great, extraordinary scents and I wear this girly scent. And that as a metal bride with kohl and leather jacket - yes, that's exactly what I do. Because I can. Because it smells mega on me. Makes me happy. Protects me. I am wrapped in golden light and bliss. Gives me warmth when my heart has become too cold again. Because he lets me think light-heartedly and simply makes me happy
Whether you understand it or not - we simply fit together and I thank Daniela Andrier from the bottom of my heart for this fragrance.

The special does not always lie in "being special", so in whatever is special for you.

Just like dogs are only dogs to me from 60 kilos upwards. I grew up with Newfoundland dogs. Do I pass judgement on people who love small dogs? No. Because love is easy!
"Love will not
Love does not fight
Love will not
Love is
Love doesn't search
Love does not ask
Love is what you are!"

Therefore - dare to love what you love.
You're not you if you don't love what you love Just like you're not YOU when you're hungry
So - grab a Snickers or a Candy Anyway..........

I thank Mia and Nena, whom I stole a few lines for this commi.
Thank you for your attention so far I'm sorry I didn't mention the pyramid of scent.
But I'm only fascinated by pyramids as buildings.

Emotions, thoughts and dream journeys stimulate me more.
And that's what scents can do great.
And I think it's great to describe to you what goes on in my brain convolutions as a factual recitation of various scents.
Because I don't always want to understand everything, I prefer to feel.

Thanks for reading it FIN!!!
GirlofNow
Soft pink caramel clouds...
I can still remember very well when I tested this fragrance for the first time last year....
In short, I thought it was horrible! It smelled for me very musty and hot, I did not know that this fragrance was tilted in the perfumery!:(
And so it all began between me and Prada Candy:D Unfortunately the beginning between us was not so nice....

Almost a month ago, a very nice and great Parfuma wrote to me here on Parfumo:))) Not because of Prada Candy but, because of the la nuit:D Afterwards we both got into conversation about Prada Candy:)))) If you read this again THANK YOU!:)❤ She recommended it to me and told me to test it again, thank God I listened to her words... Otherwise I wouldn't have this sweetie with me today:D

The very next day I went to the perfumery with my grandfather together:)) Unfortunately, like me, he did not remember the candy so well, so he was even more curious how it smells now:))
Me too, of course!:D Da yes Prada Candy
The caramel scent is the one I had to like... Right?)
Unfortunately I was a little bit scared before spraying on, because I still had this musty smell in my nose.... But as they say: In life there are many surprises... And Candy was one of these great surprises for me! But also for my grandfather:)
I gave myself 3rd spray on my wrist and just thought WOOOOW!*.*:D Already while spraying on, a seductive caramel note rose into my nose, which in my opinion has an addictive factor...
Depending on the dose!

I'm going to describe the scent now... But I have to say that you can't really describe much with this fragrance! Since it is a pure caramel scent... Especially on my skin:D

The fragrance....
Starts already at the beginning very nice caramellig.....*.* For my nose of course a DREAM! Many caramel scents unfortunately smell very synthetic and penetrating/sticky with time!
But Candy is OTHER! It's neither too sweet, nor too much synthetic!
It's a warm, smoky but also extremely sensual, almost biting, delicious caramel scent! half day I'm surrounded by a sweet, delicate pink caramel cloud Sometimes during the day I catch myself sniffing my sweater:D I can't smell anything more than caramel... But that's fine with me anyway!;)) After all, caramel is my favorite note in perfume!:)
I can only say that I am mega HAPPY about it but still Candy, for me to have discovered and this also thanks to a great and lovely perfume!) THANKS YOU!!!))))
Many here criticize the H+S... I can only say, on my sweater I could smell this scent almost 7.hours on my skin 5.hours. Sure I have fragrances in my collection that last much longer but, nevertheless, I can personally say for myself that is enough for me:) (With Vaseline the 2.hours longer on the skin:)) )

My grandfather thinks that this fragrance is a very mature gourmand:)))
And I can only agree with him there;))
Entertaining caramel sugar bath
If I had to visualize the fragrance Prada Candy, I would see a pink and gold castle made of caramel candyfloss in front of me. Not the kind of castle and candy floss you would see in a children's movie, but rather the (sexy) adult version of it.
I love Prada Candy, such a warm, cuddly, sweet scent - the name says it all. I would bathe in it and buy it again and again all my life, if it wasn't for this problem with durability. Unfortunately Candy smells for me at most the first hour and then says goodbye without a sound as if he had never been there before - so he remains unfortunately only the candy floss castle in the air, which I enjoy again and again briefly....
cute smokers' bar
Well, I don't know what the scent is, but somehow it always smells to me as if there is a cold smoke note in it. I don't know why. Maybe it's because an aunt of mine, who loved to smoke passionately, was wearing this scent, or if the scent actually contains such a note...

The notes themselves make the very sweet fragrance a great composition, which I like very much except for the cold smoky note. Sweet, lovely, but still not too obtrusive for me.

The durability and sillage is so lala, so not particularly outstanding, but for the kiss limks kiss right - moment still perceptible.

I just don't know if I like the scent because of this strange note or not. I myself like to smell it on others, but wouldn't wear it so often myself
Almost enviably boring
Prada Candy, for me this is the olfactory manifestation of the beautiful Serena van der Woodsen from Gossip Girl - a privileged Manhattan private student with Barbie hair and a father complex.

Basically, she's boring. Almost despicably boring. She strolls through the day with an attitude that makes all authority figures shake their heads. When her laughter resounds, it is so frighteningly vital, warm and light that more serious contemporaries often feel the need to cleanse her brain of the imprint of her flawless Upper East Side microcosm. It's not as if she's aware of it, but she regularly drives men and women crazy - men physically, women mentally. She's playing a game and doesn't even realize it. She plays and plays, all day long and without regard for losses. And that's why she's so amazingly good at it. She owns the world and that's why people lay it at her feet.

Basically, she's boring. Almost despicably boring. But something about her natural elegance and her uncomplicated playfulness fascinates football-playing sunny boys and snobbish intellectuals alike. Like many a 08/15 chewing-gum pop song on the radio, she magnetizes mercilessly and without anyone being able to resist her sticky-sweet appeal. Kitschy and graceful, dispensable and decadent, shrill and timeless, penetrating and neat, banal and inspired. Her development is one-dimensional and flat, because Candy's beauty feeds on her carefree naivety.

Basically, she's boring. Almost enviably boring. Some evenings I light candles, take a hot bubble bath and eat macarons. Then I put on my beloved Agent Provocateur lingerie made of gossamer pink lace and carefully colour my lips in a hideously bright pink. Then I take the bottle from my shelf and succumb to its Old Hollywood glamour. As soon as I operate the atomizer and the fine spray mist surrounds my body, I float on fragrance cloud 7. Prada Candy's lovely sweet illusion becomes a part of me and invites me to her playful little dance. Perhaps it is the insubstantiality that makes it so light-footed
BietaR
Not the way it used to be.
At the beginning Prada Candy was my favourite scent. Finely sweet, but not pungent. I bought the 100 ml 4 times, but meanwhile the scent does not convince me at all. Has something changed? As soon as you spray it on, the sweet smell disappears. I'm pretty sure that Candy was much more intense in its early days and also lasted longer on the skin. Then I was asked what kind of scent I was wearing. What a pity, it was my absolute front-runner!
Cocoa11
Slippery aunt... I'm sorry, Candy!
Actually, it is much more fun for me to comment something nice to a perfume but somehow I have the need to be not so nice to Candy - sorry Candy!
I had Candy on my "Like to smell" list from time to time but for some reason we hadn't met yet. At the moment the scent doesn't quite fit into the season but by chance we met the other day. A friend showed it to me because she had sorted it out of her collection because she found it boring in her own home. The bottle, which I always liked, was given to me for a sniff test... Happy expectation! And then unfortunately big disappointment... i had expected a sweet gourmand from the dessert section and I love desserts! But what blew from my wrist was everything but nice... i smelled a mixture of stale flower water, herbal dressing and granny cream... something medicinal and musty at the same time... What a pity! Sorry Candy, we won't be friends.
Bubble Gum in blond hair
Betty0714 is right. It sticks like bubble gum in blond hair or like a pink Chanel costume to Reese Witherspoon. Today's chemically doped fragrances allow designers to create fragrances that are comparatively eternally attached to you. And it seems to me that the "worse" the scent, the more they enjoy it. The finer scents make it more right. They blow away faster and you have to spray more often. And buy more often. There's no danger to me here. Still, I'm gonna buy the scent as sugar pop. In the smallest possible filling quantity. And the flashy flacon will be added to my collection

StellaDiverF
Straightforward yet somehow clever caramel
When I first sprayed it on the paper, it smelt litterally nothing at all. Then I tried on my skin, same effect, nothing. I walked out of store disappointed and sniffed the wrist on my way home, that's when the yummy caramel starts show its charm.

It's creamy, smells almost pure caramel, slightly salty and sour to balance the sweetness. It's straight and doesn't evolve much, not sophiscated that's sure, but very efficient. It's a cheerful scent for autumn and winter. It lasts 8h+ on me and the sillage is not bad. If you're a fan for caramel, you really should give it a try, and be a little bit patient to well savour it.

I thought the bottle was tacky and the campaign looked silly. But after testing the perfume my mind changed completely. It's such a playful illustration for the perfume.

Originally written in 2013

Happygeisha
unimpressed if not a bit... dare i say trashy?
uggh. no i just can't. it's gross. it makes me think of strippers and trophy housewives who only wear the color pink and carry around tiny purse dogs. zero sophistication, zero originality, this scent makes me want to slap someone.

Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
A simple but well balanced sweet accord, pleasant and gourmand, maybe perfect for the "Lolitas"who want to charm with girly innocence

by Sweetsmell75
by JJ84
by Vanna
by Vanna

Popular Prada

L'Homme by Prada L'Homme Intense by Prada Olfactories - Cargo de Nuit by Prada Luna Rossa Black by Prada Infusion d'Iris Absolue by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2007) by Prada Infusion d'Amande by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Infusion d'Iris Cèdre by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2015) by Prada L'Homme L'Eau by Prada Infusion d'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada L'Homme Water Splash by Prada Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada Prada (2004) / Prada Amber by Prada Olfactories - Purple Rain by Prada Luna Rossa Extreme by Prada Olfactories - Miracle of the Rose by Prada La Femme by Prada