Candy 2011 Eau de Parfum

Candy (Eau de Parfum) by Prada
Bottle Design Fabien Baron
Candy (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Prada for women and was released in 2011. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is being marketed by Puig.

Daniela Andrier

Top Notes Top NotesMusk
Heart Notes Heart NotesBenzoin
Base Notes Base NotesCaramel

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 18.04.2021.

Although the perfumer Daniela Andrier is said to be anosmic against maltol, she accomplished a balanced accord of Crème Caramel. It is allegedly founded on a combination of 0,22 % maltol and ethyl maltol and a high dose of musk.

Allies of the night
The darkness was so black...
As black as the night.
As black as the starry sky.
As black as a depressed soul.

The darkness asked no questions.
She was full of memories.
She was full of answers.
She was full of long forgotten pain.

The darkness carried that heaviness.
She turned the heaviness into mist through alcohol.
She realized the secret desires of insulin.
She turned sugar into cake and chocolate into hip gold.

The darkness hid all the scars.
It hid all the defeats.
It hid all the overcoming to get back up.

The darkness made everything so much more beautiful.
She made sleepless nights, a stage for an endless dream. Full of sweetness.

So these dreams made everything so much sweeter.
So sweet and yet so healingly balmy.
So chocolaty and yet so vanilla.

And so we became the allies of the night...
The scent...the darkness...
An unrealizable dream... and me.

But eventually the darkness was over too. So did the infinitely sweet dream.

Lit up my mind even before I got diabetes from all the sweetness.

... and when it was all over, I put myself on a diet of salad, bread and water the next day. To get away from the sugar shock.

... and the waistline gold.

EPILOG
"Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise again."

Victor Hugo
Basti87
Only the mediocre performance pulls this great candy down a bit
Another Prada commentary. This time the beautiful Candy, one of my favorite fragrances for ladies. A sweet scent, of course, which is something I especially like to smell on ladies. Ladies fragrances sometimes can't be sweet enough if it's to my taste. Of course, there is more what I like (eg fruity, floral, fresh, etc.), but sweet fragrances have quite a lot of sex appeal in my opinion.
Prada is more known for clean fragrances. Stylish, neat, luxurious. With the Candy series and with the men the Luna Rossa series one has Daniela Andrier times rather casual fragrances left, what this lady has mastered with bravur. Absolutely great perfumer. The Candy series has meanwhile also already some Flanker, I have tested, however, only this beautiful original.

What do you expect from a fragrance called Candy in a very colorful unpytic Prada bottle? I an overdose of sweetness. Very heavy, powerful in sillage, polarizing, youthful. I was rather surprised by the result. You get a lot of sweetness, but that full-on candy sweetness is absent. You notice the caramel in high doses, but here it comes across as very elegant and cuddly. So you could even wear this in everyday life without risking annoyed looks or coming across too provocative. Caramel is in the forefront throughout the entire course. However, through the by notes, this caramel note comes across very classy and elegant. A vanilla note also emerges slightly. In addition, a great aura that somehow captivates me. This fragrance smells really special and not like one of many. Benzoin and musk are also said to be included. I wonder if the fragrance is really just among the 3 notes stated? I doubt it. In any case, a cuddly fragrance that attracts.
I hinted at it in the headline: a rather understated performance. A disadvantage, but also sometimes you can score with it. Too provocative you never come across with this sillage. Especially on dates, this fragrance is recommended, by the mediocre sillage also usable in everyday life. The sillage usually moves a little over skin close and is thus rather the category Skinscent. From a sweet fragrance called Candy, you could have expected more, which you can get a lot out of sweet notes. But still, I recommend this fragrance to ladies. With very many sprays, you can certainly get out a bit more.

Conclusion: one of my favorite ladies fragrances. Would I definitely also give away. A beautiful cuddly feminine fragrance that fits many outfits, from casual to elegant
Sweets for adults
Prada Candy was one of my first perfumes when I was 14. Now a few years later, the scent reminds me of the sweet time when I was told I smelled so yummy! Nonetheless, I don't see the scent as a teen fragrance:

I still like this signature scent with high recognition, but not at all times. More when it's cold and it's best to be cozy, because it's not very opulent, but still heavy. The musky note at the beginning is not really mine, it doesn't seem feminine at all at first but more like a unisex scent. Once that note fades though, Candy becomes warmer, for me more sugary than brown caramel and also slightly woody, vanilla and smoky so it reminds me a bit of By the Fireplace! I really like that it never seems cheaply sweet but always elegant, classy and grown up. After that, the fragrance no longer develops.

All in all, he no longer blows me away, he is somehow too simple, but if I feel like a dessert for my nose, there is him now and then!
Tradescantia
I refrain from making a final assessment
Yeah, Prada Candy. Is a weird perfume for me and it was given to me once as a gift. Well, it has not thrilled me and I have fortunately exchanged, because the person who gave it to me kept the receipt and intuitively determined that the fragrance did not thrill me.
Well, now to Candy: It is probably a modern gourmand.
Caramel is the main note and it can be detected throughout. Very sweet and sugary affair.
Prada has launched many good fragrances, but this one leaves me with a question mark. I really tried to like it, but it didn't really work out that way.
That caramel note isn't badly done, but it's so strong and sweet that you can barely detect benzoin. The musk should probably tone it down a bit, but that doesn't really work either.
Musk is in itself a component I like in a perfume and one that is often used.
Here I find musk but not so well placed, because it is in itself a young and modern fragrance.
And musk makes it seem kind of dusty, a bit too austere.
Something that would have given Candy more coolness or freshness is missing here.
Overall, I find the fragrance questionable, but also wearable, because this perfume will also have its friends and that's perfectly fine
Noble sweetness in 3 states of aggregation
Today there is one of the most beautiful, if not the most beautiful gourmand fragrance in the Desigerbereich for you behind my 21.perfume Advent calendar door: Prada Candy.

Recently, I watched the last season of the cooking show "The Taste" practically in one through. I'm thinking of the curved tasting spoons, and today's menu features: four ways of caramel. The base is crunchy, slightly bittersweet caramel brittle, topped with a small melt-in-your-mouth tartlet of crème caramel, doused in liquid butter caramel, delicately sprinkled with caramel powder.

Who needs vanilla when you can have candy? I have a big heart for gourmand fragrances and especially for the Candy series. Here I always notice one thing: pure vanilla fragrances are often too boring and predictable for me. Quite the opposite of nougat, marzipan, cherry, chocolate or especially caramel. Yes it's sweet, yes it's sugary, yes it's pleasing, however it possesses one thing: toasty aromas. Just those deep nuances that are created when the sugar is heated and boiled down. If you overdo it, the sugar burns and turns black. This is where the colouring sugar couleur comes from, which tastes very bitter. But if you match the perfect moment and temperature, the sugar caramelizes and an incredibly addictive melange of sweet and tart notes emerges. And that's exactly how I feel about Prada Candy.

2011 I circumnavigated directly after the launch several times in the perfumeries this fragrance and diligently tested first on paper, then on the skin and ultimately decided against a purchase, because the durability on me with 2-3 hours seemed too bad. Today, however, I know how I can extend them.

The first Candy, which I then purchased as a large flacon, was the L'Eau variant. Barely tested, made as an impulse buy. This I wear more in everyday life. Later came Candy Sugar Pop and finally the original Candy. Currently I'm toying with a bottle of Candy Kiss, but I also like the Flower Candy very much. The only Candy variant, with which I do not warm up so at all is unfortunately Candy Night and although I love chocolate, but on my skin, unfortunately, this note often appears rancid.

The original Candy, the most purist version, if you can even speak of purist with all that decadent caramel, is my favorite. Sweet yet classy. To bite into delicious caramel in any states of aggregation, I mean consistencies of course, and even now as I write this my mouth is watering. I love to apply it in the evening after a stressful (work) day to snuggle up, relax and fall asleep soothed, comforting, enveloping, mellow. Gourmand at it's best.

Every lover of this genre should have tested this treasure, as an insider tip I can not call him now, for that he is too popular, once and experienced its magic.

Many thanks for reading,

Your Flaconesse

InTOXIcation
It's what it is says love.....
- what it is, the mind asks.
Where we're going, that's what we want to know - Mhm...

Do we really always want to know where everything goes? Or are surprises not more beautiful?
Facts not easier to understand ?
Fate not sealed at birth anyway?
And in general - what is love, what is understanding?

Why do we love what we love?
Understand some things and not understand some things?
And who has understood the year 2020 at all?

I, for one, don't understand a lot of things. Fortunately And I love things that many others don't love. Also good
I love spiders, jalapenos, cinnamon, brussels sprouts, big, coarse men with hands like paddles that can throw tree trunks, look like Vikings, and smell more like beer than moisturizer. I love the dark and mystical of the north. Iceland and Tromso rocks - anyone can do the Balearic Islands. I love rain, storm, thunderstorm, being alone sometimes, silence and melancholy Oh, and I love, love, love horror movies and psycho clowns. Dogs anyway, and the feeling when pain subsides.

And Prada Candy, I love him, too - forever. Yeah, that mainstreamer. The scent that 16-year-olds wear that's sweet, gooey, and one-dimensional. So you hear it here and there There are such great, extraordinary scents and I wear this girly scent. And that as a metal bride with kohl and leather jacket - yes, that's exactly what I do. Because I can. Because it smells mega on me. Makes me happy. Protects me. I am wrapped in golden light and bliss. Gives me warmth when my heart has become too cold again. Because he lets me think light-heartedly and simply makes me happy
Whether you understand it or not - we simply fit together and I thank Daniela Andrier from the bottom of my heart for this fragrance.

The special does not always lie in "being special", so in whatever is special for you.

Just like dogs are only dogs to me from 60 kilos upwards. I grew up with Newfoundland dogs. Do I pass judgement on people who love small dogs? No. Because love is easy!
"Love will not
Love does not fight
Love will not
Love is
Love doesn't search
Love does not ask
Love is what you are!"

Therefore - dare to love what you love.
You're not you if you don't love what you love Just like you're not YOU when you're hungry
So - grab a Snickers or a Candy Anyway..........

I thank Mia and Nena, whom I stole a few lines for this commi.
Thank you for your attention so far I'm sorry I didn't mention the pyramid of scent.
But I'm only fascinated by pyramids as buildings.

Emotions, thoughts and dream journeys stimulate me more.
And that's what scents can do great.
And I think it's great to describe to you what goes on in my brain convolutions as a factual recitation of various scents.
Because I don't always want to understand everything, I prefer to feel.

Thanks for reading it FIN!!!
GirlofNow
Soft pink caramel clouds...
I can still remember very well when I tested this fragrance for the first time last year....
In short, I thought it was horrible! It smelled for me very musty and hot, I did not know that this fragrance was tilted in the perfumery!:(
And so it all began between me and Prada Candy:D Unfortunately the beginning between us was not so nice....

Almost a month ago, a very nice and great Parfuma wrote to me here on Parfumo:))) Not because of Prada Candy but, because of the la nuit:D Afterwards we both got into conversation about Prada Candy:)))) If you read this again THANK YOU!:)❤ She recommended it to me and told me to test it again, thank God I listened to her words... Otherwise I wouldn't have this sweetie with me today:D

The very next day I went to the perfumery with my grandfather together:)) Unfortunately, like me, he did not remember the candy so well, so he was even more curious how it smells now:))
Me too, of course!:D Da yes Prada Candy
The caramel scent is the one I had to like... Right?)
Unfortunately I was a little bit scared before spraying on, because I still had this musty smell in my nose.... But as they say: In life there are many surprises... And Candy was one of these great surprises for me! But also for my grandfather:)
I gave myself 3rd spray on my wrist and just thought WOOOOW!*.*:D Already while spraying on, a seductive caramel note rose into my nose, which in my opinion has an addictive factor...
Depending on the dose!

I'm going to describe the scent now... But I have to say that you can't really describe much with this fragrance! Since it is a pure caramel scent... Especially on my skin:D

The fragrance....
Starts already at the beginning very nice caramellig.....*.* For my nose of course a DREAM! Many caramel scents unfortunately smell very synthetic and penetrating/sticky with time!
But Candy is OTHER! It's neither too sweet, nor too much synthetic!
It's a warm, smoky but also extremely sensual, almost biting, delicious caramel scent! half day I'm surrounded by a sweet, delicate pink caramel cloud Sometimes during the day I catch myself sniffing my sweater:D I can't smell anything more than caramel... But that's fine with me anyway!;)) After all, caramel is my favorite note in perfume!:)
I can only say that I am mega HAPPY about it but still Candy, for me to have discovered and this also thanks to a great and lovely perfume!) THANKS YOU!!!))))
Many here criticize the H+S... I can only say, on my sweater I could smell this scent almost 7.hours on my skin 5.hours. Sure I have fragrances in my collection that last much longer but, nevertheless, I can personally say for myself that is enough for me:) (With Vaseline the 2.hours longer on the skin:)) )

My grandfather thinks that this fragrance is a very mature gourmand:)))
And I can only agree with him there;))
Entertaining caramel sugar bath
If I had to visualize the fragrance Prada Candy, I would see a pink and gold castle made of caramel candyfloss in front of me. Not the kind of castle and candy floss you would see in a children's movie, but rather the (sexy) adult version of it.
I love Prada Candy, such a warm, cuddly, sweet scent - the name says it all. I would bathe in it and buy it again and again all my life, if it wasn't for this problem with durability. Unfortunately Candy smells for me at most the first hour and then says goodbye without a sound as if he had never been there before - so he remains unfortunately only the candy floss castle in the air, which I enjoy again and again briefly....
cute smokers' bar
Well, I don't know what the scent is, but somehow it always smells to me as if there is a cold smoke note in it. I don't know why. Maybe it's because an aunt of mine, who loved to smoke passionately, was wearing this scent, or if the scent actually contains such a note...

The notes themselves make the very sweet fragrance a great composition, which I like very much except for the cold smoky note. Sweet, lovely, but still not too obtrusive for me.

The durability and sillage is so lala, so not particularly outstanding, but for the kiss limks kiss right - moment still perceptible.

I just don't know if I like the scent because of this strange note or not. I myself like to smell it on others, but wouldn't wear it so often myself
Almost enviably boring
Prada Candy, for me this is the olfactory manifestation of the beautiful Serena van der Woodsen from Gossip Girl - a privileged Manhattan private student with Barbie hair and a father complex.

Basically, she's boring. Almost despicably boring. She strolls through the day with an attitude that makes all authority figures shake their heads. When her laughter resounds, it is so frighteningly vital, warm and light that more serious contemporaries often feel the need to cleanse her brain of the imprint of her flawless Upper East Side microcosm. It's not as if she's aware of it, but she regularly drives men and women crazy - men physically, women mentally. She's playing a game and doesn't even realize it. She plays and plays, all day long and without regard for losses. And that's why she's so amazingly good at it. She owns the world and that's why people lay it at her feet.

Basically, she's boring. Almost despicably boring. But something about her natural elegance and her uncomplicated playfulness fascinates football-playing sunny boys and snobbish intellectuals alike. Like many a 08/15 chewing-gum pop song on the radio, she magnetizes mercilessly and without anyone being able to resist her sticky-sweet appeal. Kitschy and graceful, dispensable and decadent, shrill and timeless, penetrating and neat, banal and inspired. Her development is one-dimensional and flat, because Candy's beauty feeds on her carefree naivety.

Basically, she's boring. Almost enviably boring. Some evenings I light candles, take a hot bubble bath and eat macarons. Then I put on my beloved Agent Provocateur lingerie made of gossamer pink lace and carefully colour my lips in a hideously bright pink. Then I take the bottle from my shelf and succumb to its Old Hollywood glamour. As soon as I operate the atomizer and the fine spray mist surrounds my body, I float on fragrance cloud 7. Prada Candy's lovely sweet illusion becomes a part of me and invites me to her playful little dance. Perhaps it is the insubstantiality that makes it so light-footed

Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
A simple but well balanced sweet accord, pleasant and gourmand, maybe perfect for the "Lolitas"who want to charm with girly innocence

by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
by Leloup
by Leloup
by Smitty
by Smitty
by Andreas09
by Andreas09
Ein schöner caramel-moschus Duft, aber leider leider ist die Haltbarkeit wahnsinnig schlecht :-(
by LuckyLisa
by JJ84
by Vanna
by Vanna

Popular Prada

L'Homme by Prada L'Homme Intense by Prada Olfactories - Cargo de Nuit by Prada Luna Rossa Black by Prada Infusion d'Iris Absolue by Prada Infusion d'Amande by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2007) by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2015) by Prada Infusion d'Iris Cèdre by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Toilette) by Prada L'Homme L'Eau by Prada L'Homme Water Splash by Prada Infusion d'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Prada (2004) / Prada Amber by Prada Luna Rossa Extreme by Prada Olfactories - Purple Rain by Prada La Femme by Prada Olfactories - Miracle of the Rose by Prada