Candy Night (2019)

Candy Night by Prada

Candy Night is a new perfume by Prada for women and was released in 2019. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is being marketed by Puig.

Top Notes Top NotesNeroli, Iris, Bitter orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesTonka bean, Vanilla
Base Notes Base NotesChocolate, Patchouli

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 20.03.2020.

10.0 7.0 5.0 7.0/10

Nightly caramel sugar
Granted: The bottle is very nice to look at. That was already the case with the "original Candy". But the Night Edition is even more attractive. On the other hand: a fragrance called Candy Night - "Nachtzuckerl" in Austrian - is perhaps not quite mine after all. Is it? I'm about to find out. No preconceptions.

In front of me lies a sample, shrink-wrapped in a baggie in pink and black. When I open it, a glass tube with spray comes out. I spray - and sniff. Especially cute, my little nose tells me immediately. And gourmand. I recognize dark chocolate or cocoa and vanilla. I am surprised. Actually I should have been surrounded by neroli, iris and bitter orange. I love irises and their powdery elegance. And bitter orange would have been an interesting contrast to the gourmet notes. But for me, the fragrance goes straight into medias res. That is, it develops a wealth of sweet nuances. Caramel, cocoa, chocolate, vanilla. Even patchouli, as a latecomer, smells sweet here. Everything seems to subordinate itself to these gourmand sweet notes. I don't notice anything of the otherwise rather dominant bitter orange blossom Neroli, nor of bitter orange. The iris can only be recognized with a lot of imagination. Even the dark chocolate does not smell bitter or tart, but sweet
The fragrance is warm, silky, gentle, rather dark - and ephemeral in terms of its durability.
I can't see any major development.

I would assign the scent more to autumn and winter. It's a cuddly, but, as I said, fleeting companion. The "normal" candy can be recognized here to some extent by the typical caramel note. This first candy has already been released in 2011. At that time, perfumes with a gourmand note were in vogue. The sensual sweetness of the tonka bean was in the air everywhere. In the subway, it smelled especially in the evening of Angel by Thierry Mugler.

Even then I could not get much out of the heavy scents. I liked them as a fragrance - for example as a room scent, soap or scented candle - but not on me. Why Prada thinks she has to revive Candy after so many years is not quite clear to me. Gourmand fragrances used to be something new, even sensational. People loved to walk around as dessert in a veil of marzipan or amaretto scent or as walking candy floss or caramel candy. For fans of these sweets, many of these popular scents still exist. They are no longer original. Perfume fashion has long since developed and discovered new aromas.

In my opinion, it would not have been necessary to create a night version of the original Candy.

In the comments I read that some people find Candy Night to be more mature and mature than the original Candy. I cannot agree with this view. For me the scent is "girlie". With its dominant sweetness it suits girls and young women. I can't imagine it very well on ladies 40+. It would be like wearing your teenage daughter's outfit
For me personally, the pleasing cuddly scent offers too little inspiration and innovation. It is too sweet and too mainstream for me, has too little depth and substance. It seems as if the last 8 years of perfume history have passed Prada by unreflected.
I prefer something more sophisticated. But I can imagine the smell of young disco queens.

XIIIMusk
How is this even considered Prada Candy?
This makes you smell like a creepy man or someone who hangs around one and has bad hygiene. My mother is a sucker for big brand names, but even she wouldn't take this saying, "This smells like someone messy who just got out of the smoking section of a club after spilling strong coffee on themselves drunkenly", and to adding onto what she said, it's as if that person then proceeded to try and fade out the strong smell of cigars and coffee with bathroom air freshener still heavily intoxicated.

Absolutely nothing about this reminds one of candy, so I don't understand why this is in the 'Prada Candy' line at all. I personally love the smell of coffee or rich sensual scents (big fan of musk as well), but this type of strong orange coffee liqueur scent is too nauseous, especially if you're mostly staying indoors. If you're really into clubbing, perhaps this scent would appeal to you, but honestly, you can easily recreate this scent with Axe Bodyspray/

The only thing this experience has taught me is to never buy a fragrance that doesn't list your signature notes as a top note.

Marquise27
This night isn't very dark
A very pleasing, slightly smoky gourmet who smells like a good cup of fine cocoa. Delicately bitter with a full-bodied chocolate heart. The light fruitiness of the bitter orange was very delicate. I don't smell the iris, but after half an hour I notice something powdery. At the beginning with a big opening he gets weaker quickly, I would have liked it to be a little more intense but so it fits well into the summer. Bottle as usual a little piece of jewellery. To give them as a present certainly delights many women's hearts, one cannot do much wrong. Also suitable as an office companion, go ahead!
8.0 6.0 6.0 8.0/10

Candy the Xte
Prada Candy... there are already some versions, but the last one of the family wants to look a bit more adult and mysterious, at least that's how it seems to me.

My favorite candy so far is the Candy, as I find it softer, more powdery and gentler than the original candy, this one is a little too much for me So I was curious about the night variant. The chocolate touch makes me expect a little more depth. The bottle is very pretty, even if I don't like the spray heads of these candy bottles, it looks very nice with the factory course, but the mushroom as a spray head? Well, as long as he sprays and he does, I can live with that.
The fragrance is wonderful, it starts sweet and gourmandig, caramel and the iris is beautifully perceptible and makes it beautifully powdery. I also notice the chocolate right at the beginning and make sure that the scent is not too delicate. The orange note rounds off the composition beautifully, but does not appear fruity in this fragrance. The fragrance comes closer and closer to the original Candy, but does not completely move in its direction and a warm wood note appears.
All in all a cuddly, tasty and warm scent, sweet but not squeaky sweet, so sweet with style.
9.0 6.0 8.0 9.5/10

Catherina
I wish for Prada Candy Deep Night Intense!
What a scent! Just beautiful. Once I smelled it, I couldn't get it out of my head right away. First chocolate and (felt) caramel spread out, followed by orange and the typical candy note. What remains is a vanilla dark magic cloud. It's warm, soft and cuddly. Whereby "cuddly" unfortunately already hits very well. I feel like my skin is soaking him up! It may be due to my preference for vanilla and sweet scents and the habituation of my nose to them, but unfortunately I already have after 5 minutes the feeling nothing more of the good Candy Night to smell. Even the classic Candy flies very fast with me. I was hoping this one would last a little longer, but unfortunately, it doesn't. If the Sillage were much better, that would be a 100 point candidate! Exactly my thing, also the bottle is dreamlike.
So I must hope for a "Prada Candy Deep Night Intese" :-D
9.0 6.0 8.0 8.5/10

DonJuanDeCat
Candy's getting more mature and a little more mature. Today: The MILF edition!...
Hello again and a wonderful evening, my sniffing fans here :))

Yes yes yes, I know, my title is probably a bit vulgar or provocative and so on,... but I'm just delicately suggesting that the latest Prada fragrance is more mature than you'd expect. And for all those who don't know what MILF means, for God's sake type not just MILF into Google (and Google Image Search), but something like "MILF Meaning"! :DD But I don't want to be like this and clarify you here for a moment!

MILF means translated as "mothers I would like to rrraaawllll",... yes exactly, that's exactly what you can imagine! An old male or boy fantasy to find older women sexually stimulating, which seems to be the case with almost all boys. And yes, I know you want to know that it was very important for me: especially in my teenage years, it was no different for me, but how, because with what I saw, every boy would stand on women for a while who were considerably older than himself. I know, of course you're dying to know what happened to me, so I'll tell you quickly: I was 13-14, I don't know that exactly anymore. And I was that age in the '90s. And what were the 90s known for, among other things? Sure, tight and figure-hugging yoga pants (it's not different today, but still...), but at that time it was more like leggings, because yoga wasn't so common yet, but rather aerobics or something :D And well, I saw the mother of a boy from school in such a leggings... so... usually you had really colorful leggings in the 90s with geometric patterns on it or something. But no, the woman I saw was wearing a simple leggings whose colour was light orange to flesh coloured! And all she had on was a long white T-shirt. And I saw her just scrubbing the floor (man, all this sounds like the opening scene of a dirty movie!)... she was on her knees, and her T-shirt slipped up. Now you'll say that it's only natural that you get a little "harder" when you see a woman's crunchy ass in yoga pants, especially as a pubescent boy. But guys... these yoga pants were, like I said, meat-color!!! I thought I saw the bouncing, naked Ar... butt of this woman!!!! Do you know what it did to me? Do you happen to know the Mohrs scale? This indicates the hardness value of substances and minerals and ranges from 1-10, where 1 stands for talc and 10 for diamond. Well... I got at least an 11 on that scale back then!!!!

Pooh... what times!! :DD
But before I digress any further, I finally come to the new Candy fragrance. And yes, although in the past I often had difficulties spraying these brightly coloured fragrances on to me in the ladies' department because they were besieged mainly by young women, this time I had no problems whatsoever! All I had to do was wait until all the ladies nearby were gone, and then I could sniff around in peace :DDD

The fragrance:
The scent begins sweetly, "darkly sweetly", where you can smell the sweet scents of scents like tonka bean, musk, cocoa and chocolate. You can't smell Neroli at all, but Iris makes the fragrance powdery, but it goes under the sweet notes or mixes with fragrances, which also radiate a tidy, powdery note, like tonka bean and vanilla, so that you can't smell the iris clearly. While at the beginning one can still perceive chocolaty or cocoa-like scents well, the scent later continues in the direction of tonka bean and vanilla, which of course also smell totally good, since in my opinion Tonka + vanilla often form a dream team when it comes to powdery-sweet scents. However, there is a great caramel touch in the background, which smells like sugar and you could recognize the DNA of the Candy scents a little bit, even if very little, even if this scent seems to have nothing to do with this series at first sight.
Be that as it may, in the end it smells especially of vanilla and tonka bean with a little bit of musk and caramel in the background. All in all a beautiful, gourmand scent that even looks quite elegant for a candy, even if there is a tiny synthetic in the background.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is quite okay, but with all the sweet scents I would have expected more power here, but it is still enough to be perceived reasonably well. Due to the vanilla and tonka bean, the shelf life has turned out to be quite long, so that one already gets over ten hours.

The bottle:
This time the cylindrical bottle has a beautiful violet-bluish-pink colour gradient. At the top there is a black strip with gilded lines where the typical diamond pattern of Prada can be seen, together with the golden Prada lettering. The spray head is black with gold trim. A very nice bottle that also fits well in the hand.

Whoa! I'm thrilled! The new Prada Candy Night has become a surprisingly beautiful fragrance that looks even a little more mature and therefore more elegant. Sure, there is a small synthetic, but it doesn't bother me here, because Prada doesn't exaggerate the synthetic so much, that the whole fragrance would suffer from it. No, the scent here smells gourmandig sweet and already makes something, if one stands on these scents.

I think the fragrance is a great night scent, especially in autumn and winter, and maybe on not too warm spring days. Now in summer it is too gourmandig sweet and therefore slightly crushing hard on hot days, but for autumn again I would recommend it for a test once. And yes, despite a somewhat more elegant charisma compared to the other candies, I think that every lady would have to look sugar-sweet again. No matter if teenager, young adult or milf... uuuuäh, I meant "normal adults" :DD All of them certainly look great with the scent. But please don't wear the scent if you wear tight yoga pants and do yoga, where with some poses every boy and guy will have his fantasy for sure... :D

Well, that's it again. I wish everyone a nice evening, until the next time :)

by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
Regalfoto nach Test im Laden

Popular Prada

L'Homme by Prada L'Homme Intense by Prada Infusion d'Iris Absolue by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Luna Rossa Black by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2007) by Prada Olfactories - Cargo de Nuit by Prada Infusion d'Iris Cèdre by Prada Infusion d'Amande by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2015) by Prada Infusion d'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Prada (2004) / Prada Amber by Prada L'Homme L'Eau by Prada Luna Rossa Extreme by Prada Olfactories - Purple Rain by Prada Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada Infusion de Vétiver (2010) by Prada Prada (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Prada Prada L'Eau Ambrée by Prada