Infusion d'Homme (2008)Eau de Toilette

Infusion d'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada
Compare Prices
Infusion d'Homme (Eau de Toilette) (Prada)
Infusion d'Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Prada for men and was released in 2008. The scent is powdery-fresh. It was last marketed by Puig.

Daniela Andrier

Top Notes Top NotesNeroli
Heart Notes Heart NotesGalbanum, Iris, Vetiver, Cedarwood
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoin, Frankincense

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 17.06.2017

Scent 10.0/10
Amazing scent
Is like wear a new shirt every day. Smells like clean clothes with a bath of flowers. And a great sillage and longevity. Wonderfull fragrance.
Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
10/10 for Daniela Andrier
Looking for an 'eau de cologne' like fragrance that doesn't smell like 4711 becomes quite a search. It's the Neroli that often takes it over the top ... and while I really love this note when it is treated with respect, it can also become the horror that is Ford's Neroli Portofino. Infusion d'Homme has quickly become my daytime signature in the hot and humid weather I currently find myself working in.

The best way to describe Infusion d'Homme is 'fresh and powdery', but these words don't seem to do it very much justice as there is a certain mystery involved here too. I own Infusion de Vetivér also and I must admit to preferring Infusion d'Homme ... a rather strange state of affairs, simply because I have sampled this one often in the last few years and dismissed it as dull and uninteresting.

What could possibly have made such a turnaround in my sense of smell? Firstly, I have had some ear problems of late, causing the need for a grommet in my left eardrum. While this has taken care of the medical issue, the amazing thing is that it has also sharpened up my sense of smell. Medical professionals will more than likely sneer at this ... but as far as I know nose, ears and throat all rely on each other to perform the way they should. Now that my left eustachian tube is clear of obstruction and has sufficient drainage again ... my sense of smell is definitely sharper and more refined ... but back to the fragrance!

I admit to being a bit of a compliment whore, and love it when those around me compliment my fragrance. I don't think a day has gone by in the past month when someone hasn't turned around and said 'oooh ... you smell wonderful' ... and when I wear Infusion d'Homme I really do. A cloud of clean freshness floats around me, unobtrusive but present ... and outstandingly pleasant!! It's the combination here that is quite magical ... subtle Neroli, smooth Iris, slightly prickly Vetiver ... all grounded by a dash of Frankincence. Yes, it's soapy to an extent ... but it is so much more than that. This is a fragrance that likes heat ... it simply grows and grows and then coasts along for hours. The longevity here was quite unexpected ... but I'm not sure if it will be the same in cooler climes. Time will tell.

I haven't had a signature for quite some time ... I'm relatively blown away that it came to me in the unassuming form of Prada's Infusion d'Homme!!
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 2.5/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 7.0/10
Could be great...
Rated only 70 %. It smells very good, mainly iris-neroli-vetiver. It's based on an original concept "an iris fragrance for men" or, more realistically, unisexe. But its longevity and sillage are below average. It remains an interesting idea but the result is a bit disappointing. Maybe 100 % for a future version ?
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 7.0/10
Soapy vetiver... delicious!
Infusion D'Homme could be classified as a subtle vetiver soapy scent with good lasting power, average sillage and projection.

Excellent for everyday use. Calm and relaxing scent.

Smells like Infusion D'Vetiver but this is sweeter and softer.

Smells mostly vetiver with soft iris with some powder to give it's an depth.

Absolutely thumbs up!

Updated August 2013.
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 9.0/10
A Fresher Concept Of Orris
Finally, spring is in the air, and so I dug down deeply in my collection and pulled out Prada's Infusion d'Homme.

Infusion d'Homme has the image of being a modern version of a classic orris root fragrance. Indeed, it does not have too much in common with a classic orris gent's cologne such as Mouchoir de Monsieur. Its freshness also discriminates Infusion d'Homme from the contemporaries such as Dior Homme or Divine' L'Homme de Coeur. Orris root is expensive – and Prada may very well have used something else that is providing an iris resemblance. I.e., for their flanker Infusion de Vetiver they dropped the orris note in the pyramid, yet the typical iris smell is still there. Be that as it may, the orris in Infusion d'Homme is not quite as powdery as one would expect. There is no “carrot smell” either that the less well done iris perfumes can have. What strikes me as orris-like has a certain resemblance to the violet candy note in Prada's Amber pour Homme, and so Prada keeps a certain style. Violet and orris may not be too far away from each other for our olfactory sense.

The orris-maybe-violet accord in Infusion d'Homme is topped with a nice citrus, but then more or less determines the whole fragrance. It is combined with a very comfortable soapiness and freshness the style of washed and ironed cotton shirts, and a specific green twist apparently denominated as vetiver. Personally, I would not take the known scent pyramid too literally. Possibly, the unique Infusion d'Homme accord does not consist of lots of different notes at all as there is not much development.

Infusion d'Homme is quite a unique fragrance. It was popular when it was launched in 2008, and with full right. However, it is not everybody's darling. Some men want something more than freshness and cleanliness in a perfume, and the very slight powder and violet candy note may be irritating. Despite its name Infusion d'Homme will not infuse masculinity where it is missing.

I like Infusion d'Homme, and looking at my statistics I have to ask myself why I haven't worn it more often. It is comfortable to wear, on a sunny spring morning where it would reflect the freshness and energy of the new season. As it transports the image of “cleanliness” and optimism, it would work as an office scent - although the less “sunny” flanker Infusion de Vetiver would fit even better there. Infusion d'Homme is not strongly advertised any longer, but I think it is about to become a classic. Other than its predecessor Prada Amber pour Homme there is no scratchy or rough cheap amber note spoiling it, and so the quality is very good.

I suppose it is still easily available and so you should not find it too difficult to test it if you don't know it already.

Popular Prada

Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) by Prada Infusion d'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Candy by Prada Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Prada (2004) / Prada Amber by Prada Luna Rossa (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Prada L'Eau Ambrée by Prada Luna Rossa Extreme by Prada Infusion d'Iris Absolue by Prada L'Homme by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Infusion de Vétiver by Prada Infusion de Fleur d'Oranger by Prada Candy L'Eau by Prada Amber pour Homme Intense by Prada Candy Florale by Prada Infusion de Tubéreuse by Prada La Femme by Prada Prada (Eau de Parfum Tendre) by Prada Luna Rossa Sport by Prada