Infusion d'Iris Cèdre 2015

Infusion d'Iris Cèdre by Prada
Infusion d'Iris Cèdre is a popular perfume by Prada for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is powdery-fresh. It is being marketed by Puig. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum)

Daniela Andrier

Iris pallida, Cedarwood, Tunisian neroli, Benzoin Siam, Somalian frankincense

Submitted by JMK, last update on 11.10.2020.

This is the renamed re-release of Infusion d'Homme.

A Provençal touch
A touch of Provence, without lavender. Is that even possible? Oui, Mesdames et Messieurs, ça marche. The scent carries me mentally to the Côte d'Azur, to the illuminated beach stands of Cannes and Nizza, where, after the cool wetness in the sea and the hustle and bustle of the fully loaded beaches, one allows oneself a quiet walk in the moonlight. An ice cream in the hand, strolling, timeless, the sound of the sea in the background paired with the street music that is discreetly heard in the background, somewhere further away. Often, it is paintings which, according to impressionist tradition, are intended to capture the landscapes of Provence. Then again coloured handbags made of straw or other plastic art objects, neatly placed on white cloths. The real eye-catcher - or should I say nose-catcher - is the stand with the unpacked Marseille soaps, displayed in the old manner in open wooden boxes. One automatically grabs them and smells into them. It is a pleasure for the seller, even if in the end nothing is bought. This marine, soapy atmosphere seems to want to wash away every crime and sin anyway, tant mieux.

So if you like it soapy, you won't miss anything at Prada's Infusion d'Iris Cèdre. The scent lasts quite long and the Sillage is not without for such a soapy-powdery note, at least on my skin. Personally, it's unfortunately not for me, because warm notes suit me more. But with certain people I like to smell it. Although there is no fragrance gradient, it seemed a bit more bitingly lemony in the "top note". It flattens out a bit, but then it becomes rounder overall and keeps its character until the end. It's definitely unisex, although I'd prefer this perfume for women. Overall, it's a good, refreshing fragrance with a good performance
Soapy, soapy, infusion d'Iris Cèdre

Straight path. Incoming.

Just me.
With me.

Silence.

Soap on my skin. Snow-white.

Prada.

Iris Cèdre IV...
DerDefcon
It could be more perfect.
Anyone who thinks Prada's bestseller, i.e. "L'Homme", is already cool, aloof and possesses a certain cyber-DNA, has probably not tried "Infusion d'Iris Cédre" yet. Regarding the so-called "Cyber-DNA" it should be said that this refers to the extremely smooth, somehow mechanized scent character, which radiates aloofness and is quite far away from warmth. But that is exactly what can make the attraction
"Infusion d'Iris Cédre" has a cooling effect from the very first spray. Almost icy it lays down on my skin, freezes considerably and knows how to stay for a whole day. A great fragrance is not noticeable. I mainly smell the pale - this attributive adjective is the program here - iris, a minimal dose of neroli as well as incense, which makes the ice-cold heavy lily blow around your nose like a wintery east wind. The powdery is not scratchy here, as is familiar from "L'Homme", in which the floral also takes up considerably more space. It has been significantly reduced here, which is why "Infusion d'Iris Cédre" looks even cleaner, even more edgeless and somehow even more perfect, as if Daniela Andrier had taken fresh laundry and extracted it. The fragrance is therefore a very impressive and, despite its smoothness, quite unique. But unfortunately, it is this aloofness and this perfection that makes me ponder each time I wear it, as somehow I miss a little bit of warmth, one corner here and the other one there. So much perfectionism, aloofness and above all being too cold is simply not for me in the long run. Having smelled it was still worth it and my bottling hasn't been completely used up yet. I am sure that I will apply the fragrance from time to time. But for every day or even as a signature fragrance, as some people like to see it because of its perfection, it is nothing for me.

Bubble Bath
Scentrack: Montefiori Cocktail – Anonimo Veneziano

Prada Infusion d’Iris was released in 2015, as a replacement for Infusion d’Homme which I used to wear. Personally, I still prefer Infusion d’Homme which was a little bit more masculine orientated, possibly due to enhanced smoky vetiver note. Infusion d’Iris Cedre is a tweaked predecessor to fit in a relaunched unisex Infusion line.
Infusion d’Iris Cedre strictly follows Prada’s fragrance aesthetics, it is clean, cold and totally unisex. It opens with just a touch of piercing neroli, and goes straight to iris. This iris is Prada’s signature - cold, powdery, retro and slightly chemical. Not the iris we can encounter in Dior Homme. Woodsy notes of cedar give the slight masculine touch. The warmer benzoin gives this composition needed touch of human warmth, while the incense somehow stays cold and archaic. The overall composition is clean, unobtrusive and little bit retro. Like a retro soap or a bubble bath. I can smell north Italian roots of Prada company (Milan, but also Bologna or Venice).
It is an ideal fragrance for office, and one of my favorites for that purpose. To more appreciate this composition, one should have some gray hair. It even garners compliments in situations where compliments are rare. This is not mind blowing composition, but a very solid one in the Prada’s portfolio. Clean, sophisticated, professional and Italian.
The feel-good factor
When I got a bottling of this fragrance months ago, I found it "quite nice" - no more, but also no less. Besides, I couldn't understand why a man would want to buy something like that...

The more scents I have tested recently, the more my scent perception seems to have changed. Just a year ago, fragrances had to be primarily loud and eye-catching. Now I increasingly appreciate the fine tones of the perfume art. I can at least explain it to myself, because when I sprayed the rest of the bottling on my T-shirt two weeks ago, I suddenly liked what I smelled. Even more, I was enveloped by a fine cloud all day long in which I felt very comfortable
For me this fragrance is THE feel-good scent of my collection. The scent takes me in its arms, caresses my head and tells me "Everything will be fine!".

In my opinion, "Infusion d'Iris Cèdre" has many parallels to "L'Homme". It is only a little finer, purer and more powdery. But above all, I can perceive the infusion for hours, which comes to an end very quickly at "L'Homme". But I don't think it's the fragrance itself. With this fragrance it goes along with as already described by Shoork, I am downright may-blind.

What surprises me very positively for a rather gentle fragrance is the durability and sillage. Sprayed in the morning I can smell it on my clothes even in the evening.

I am not a master in describing fragrances based on their pyramid of scents. But it is also much more than the sum of its parts. Prada has been surprising me in a positive way lately. First with the "Luna Rossa Black" and now with this one (yes I know, the infusion is older ;-) ). Fragrances could not be more different and they also have a lot in common. For me they are the Yin & Yang of my collection.

My thanks in this context go to Benedict2019. Thanks to your deal, I couldn't think about it much longer and simply had to strike :-)

Darkbeat
A relaxing and pleasant bath...
This Infusion d'Iris Cèdre is a beautiful, clean and dusty aroma, which pleases everyone, is one of those aromas, which, although not being generic, is designed to please the masses, and therefore I do not find it original or groundbreaking, but yes, very beautiful and pleasant.

Its aroma is a dusty iris surrounded by flashes of cedar and neroli, very pleasant and well orchestrated, and all this, on an ephemeral base of sweet benzoin and incense, which, despite being almost imperceptible, provides the just and necessary warmth, so that the aroma does not become excessively linear. Everyone who has given it to smell has liked, being its greatest virtue, that characteristic smell of clean, expensive soap, freshly washed clothes with a good fabric softener, who does not like to smell like this, after a shower? Well, that I think is his great claim. A nice and pleasant perfume, but I am more intense oriental, I think it is not for me.

It has a moderate performance, its longevity is between 5 or 6 hours, with a moderate projection from the beginning, but, for a perfume of these characteristics it is more than good, although, yes, too expensive for what it offers.

Unisex perfume of warm and temperate climates and to enjoy it during the day.
Holiday on Bornholm
Let us come to one of my favourite fragrances, but in a detour, so that the dear reader knows why this fragrance means so much to me.

In my youth - I'm already 30 and so I'm allowed to talk like that - we spent most of our family holidays in motorhomes. Most of the time I went in the direction of Scandinavia, pure adventure for growing up kids like me. One of our favourite destinations was the small Danish island Bornholm, also called Sun Island (maybe someone knows it?). There we went swimming a lot, rode our bikes or went for long walks along the beach. I see these pictures of my youth alive in front of me. See the gray hair of my father, his dense Baart. See my mother walking along the beach with my sister by the hand. See me, young, silly, waking up in the RV and looking out the window.

But what the hell has this smell got to do with it???

Well, as it is the case, after a long day on holiday you have to wash yourself or run under the campsite shower. Since these were mostly completely overcrowded, we all went together and always handed over the shower cubicle to the next family member. The special thing about it was that my parents - driven by a strict ECO ideology - always had only neutral soap with them, namely that of Seba-Med. Never anything else. Well, I don't know what to say, the smell of this very soap has done it to me. So pure, so extremely clean. Whenever I visit my parents and take a shower there, I feel transported back to the wide beaches of Denmark. To the wild lakes of Sweden. For someone who loves perfume, there is only one question when taking a shower: Where do I get a fragrance that smells the same as Seba-Med soap?
Well, the result was: research, search, try. After quite a few attempts, I came across the above fragrance "Prada - Infusion de Iris Cedre". It was love at first sight. I could hardly believe my luck, as I had actually found a scent that is almost completely identical to the family holiday soap! Awesome! The scent is, by the sword lily and supported by cedar and neroli simply the soap scent par excellence (I do not notice the incense particularly, her?). He's so incredibly pure and clean, it almost hurts. In addition, it fits exactly in the direction of "fresh laundry fragrances". You just feel clean and fresh. In addition, it has a super durability and a solid Sillage. It lasts about 8 hours with me and after four hours is slowly only perceptible very closely. For me a clear spring fragrance, or a fragrance that can be worn on warm summer evenings. I would rather avoid heat or extreme cold, I don't think it fits so well. It is also completely unisex wearable. And I don't think it brings with it any age restrictions, no matter if young or old, he always goes. I would agree with the previous speaker, he also fits perfectly into the office, he does not hurt anyone. A funny fun fact about the "Prada - Infusion de Iris": I must be fragrance-blind with it, I tested both in parallel and can't smell it, it's like air.

So my dear ones, thank you for travelling with me back to the holidays of my childhood! I can only recommend that anyone who would like to wear Seba-Med soap (the green one) as a fragrance try it out. For me the clear No. 1 in the powder segment. Thank you Daniela Andrier for creating this great fragrance and allowing me to travel to the past!

Ciao, see you on Bornholm!

Jazzy76
Infusion d'homme e de femme
If you love the "old" Infusion d'homme and you blinly smell this fragrance you recognize it immediately.
The ingredients are the same, maybe the result is a little more powdery , but there's no doubt. It's Infusion d'homme "reloaded". Maybe the name has changed because This scent musn't be only for men, but for women too.
Its well balanced and fresh bouquet , clean and pure, almost spiritual for the cold incense touch, is a pleasure for the senses and the sillage is good without resulting too strong or heavy. A perfect day scent to wear as a white silk scarf. The minimal bottle signed Prada is very classy and it's typical of the collection "Les infusions".
I love very much this scent and on my skin , mainly in the hot season, the result is very good.
Serenissima
wouldn't be that smoky flavoring,
... would radiate Prada's "Infusion d'Iris Cèdre" for my feeling cultivated boredom.
For me, this fragrance develops like a fine creamy bath that promises cleanliness including care. This is certainly not a mistake, but at first it is unexpected and somewhat surprising.

A beautiful bright iris nuance is accompanied by gentle, flattering neroli; both spread a feeling of well-being - just a certain boredom.
Wouldn't there be a good portion of cedar wood that finally brings some momentum to this fragrant affair?
The fragrance becomes a little more lively; not only does it flounder harmoniously and rather passionlessly, but some corners and edges come to light - it's about time!
A well-proportioned dose of benzoin is also welcome; the resinous component goes well with the wood and finally incense refines this creation.
I have to be patient with this fragrance; it takes some time until we have approached each other to some extent.
However, I'm afraid we'll never quite harmonize.

"Infusion d'Iris Cèdre" is a pleasant fragrance to wear, full-bodied in its own way and with a long shelf life. Surprisingly, this Prada scent reminds me after some time of "Infusion d'Amande", I seem to notice a hint of bitter almond.
Probably it is only the iris, which shows up as well known with me always a little bitchy.
With both of us it is never quite clear who will actually leave the ring as the winner: I usually paint the sails first and Iris is allowed to leave.
It always depends on which escort she appears in.

"Infusion d'Iris Cèdre" is an interesting fine fragrance, which is obviously not intended for me.
So he can go on the journey and surely find someone who will have his true joy in this Prada creation.
I'm sure he deserved it!
BartS
The Cédre could have been saved as well
If there's one thing Prada doesn't do, it's that they stick to their style. Exceptions in the Luna Rossa series left aside.

Infusion d'Iris Cédre begins very powdery flowery with a gentle fresh kick. Very typical of Prada somehow... but not bad either. On the contrary, they are among the best soapy fresh fragrances. I feel the division m/w similar to D600, here everyone has to decide for himself whether he is too male or too female. He's a tick too feminine for me.

There's not much more to say. The fragrance is very linear and wonderful to wear in spring and summer. Durability and silage are rather reserved and zero intrusive.

GuapoGuapo 5 years ago
Infusion d'Homme renamed.

Hier sitze ich gerne und lass die Seele baumeln
by Pistazieneis
heaven
by ivko
by Flanker
Es liegt ganz im Auge des Betrachters.
Frische Bettwäsche - sauber, rein, angnehm - Iris Cedre
by Alex88
by Weihrauch
by Weihrauch

Popular Prada

L'Homme by Prada L'Homme Intense by Prada Olfactories - Cargo de Nuit by Prada Luna Rossa Black by Prada Infusion d'Iris Absolue by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2007) by Prada Infusion d'Amande by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2015) by Prada L'Homme L'Eau by Prada Infusion d'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada L'Homme Water Splash by Prada Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada Prada (2004) / Prada Amber by Prada Olfactories - Purple Rain by Prada Luna Rossa Extreme by Prada Olfactories - Miracle of the Rose by Prada La Femme by Prada Infusion de Vétiver (2010) by Prada