Infusion d'Iris 2015 Eau de Parfum

Version from 2015
Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2015) by Prada
Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2015) is a popular perfume by Prada for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is powdery-fresh. It is being marketed by Puig.

Daniela Andrier

Italian mandarin orangeItalian mandarin orange
Tunisian neroliTunisian neroli
CedarwoodCedarwood
Benzoin SiamBenzoin Siam
Iris pallidaIris pallida

Submitted by JMK, last update on 19.10.2021.

Wow!
Have received today from a dear Parfuma a sample. I find the fragrance to kneel down, however, I smell neither the mandarin nor the iris. Although.....have I ever smelled iris? Dry, tart and powdery woodiness, that's what I smell. Almost more of a winter scent to me than spring or summer. Nevertheless, woody-dry always works for me. Will order me ne 200ml-Buddel.....?
Cassopeia
Miss Cassandra has been part of the family ever since I can remember. Actually, her name is not Cassandra. Her name is Cassopeia, and she was the victim of a crime at a young age. She was kidnapped. Uhrenopa Egon simply took her with him when he went to sea more than 60 years ago in the name of the GDR -Volksmarine.
As for his name, it came about because the children of the family always thought that as a great-grandpa he would own countless watches. Egon didn't need a timepiece.
He knew, in any situation, what the hour had struck. One look at the sky, and he was in the picture.
Cassandra's age increased with the number of rings she wore.
I remember that Cassandra, in the shade of the ancient trees in the garden, spent the summer evenings. She was frugal, not needing much to be happy. Now and then a tear dripped from her eye; her thoughts were surely in her Russian homeland. She spent the winter on the back burner in cooler climes.
Grandma used to say that when you went to the refrigerator, Cassandra saw everything. Cassandra was a tortoise and hibernated in the vegetable compartment of the old VEB refrigerator.
In the spring, Grandma would dig out her vinyl lace blanket from some western package and put it on the table in the porch.
Cassandra was fed plenty of food by the grandkids, some vegetables now and then, but by and large she got hay. That was what her digestive system was set up for.
That artificial tablecloth smell got into our noses when we had to give Cassandra "first aid". While eating, a stalk got stuck in her nostril and she was visibly impaired. The dilemma : she kept pulling her head back into her tank when we tried all sorts of tricks to remove the stalk.
So we took her warm, round tank, already showing scratches of her previous trips through life at the bottom, in our hands and put her on the table. She curiously pushed out her wrinkled, leathery legs, then her bald head. The small claws on her feet scratched the vinyl.
To entice her out, we put some lettuce and a cucumber slice on the blanket, along with herbaceous, very dry, home-harvested, well-seasoned hay. Whenever the hands got too close to her field of vision, she retreated them to her little house.
Turtles emit a barely perceptible scent, especially when stressed.
This resulting scent, to me, is Prada Iris. A little herbaceous, a little leathery, but always artificial in addition. We will certainly not be friends.
Cassandra, on the other hand, could not be tricked. Grandpa knew how to deal with ladies ;-) he turned Kassandra without much ado on the back, she stuck in her panic the head out and the stalk could be removed in a flash. Haunting over.
Cassandra was estimated by a vet to be over 70 years old based on the rings on her carapace.
Cassandra is still part of the family. A watchoma turtle.
Liesa
Iris butter on cedar board
"You sure smell good! Is that l'heure bleue?" No, it wasn't today. But as touched on in one of the previous posts, the buttery bed here is not unlike that of a classic guerlinade after all, despite supposedly completely different ingredients. Personally, it was almost too strong at first, too stale-floral, a bit musty. But the drydown is really nice, over time it gets warmer, creamier, more powdery, more beautiful. I will not buy it for the time being, but he knows whether I fall in love yet?...
The controversy of my first semester self feat. Chypre Hills
When I was a freshman, I used to sneak into Douglas' house. I had a job at the hospital and was in a strange city with lots and lots of chicks I wasn't adequate for - I didn't have a new car and no George, Gina and Lucy bag. That's why I was in the city at that time, also to avoid these ladies. Every now and then I went to the Douglas, because I like fragrances so much and there it was - the 2007 version, smelling so cool, so grown-up and so beautifully different. Then I lost sight of him after finding some really great contacts.

Time jump my no longer quite so dewy self in an acute attack of anger consumption enters the favorite perfumery and my not quite so dearest saleswoman discourages me. I know that I get percentages and I grab the fragrance - half from anger consumption, half because I need something good now.

And there it is again: this feeling of being an adult, of being allowed to be a cool adult woman. And somehow I realize that it's time for us
The iris (iris) does not arrive here herbaceous, carotenous but very delicate, almost fragile and almost mainly pale. Very fine and ladylike it is accompanied by tangerine and the wood notes and then there is the neroli - not heavy, sensual and state-bearing but rather light and very cool. This is further underlined by the benzoin, whose proximity to Styrax can be guessed here, especially in dry down.

Infusion d'Iris is not a summer scent in the classic sense, because it goes all year round as it carries a slight warmth through the woods. It is neither sweet and fruity, but very herbaceous and yet incredibly elegant - you could describe it as chypre, if I were better in classifications.
The dry iris of the predecessor is rather attenuated, he is sweeter, more pleasing, but still has the same distinctive DNA. Prada has produced two of the best dry scents for me - Infusion d'Iris and Prada Amber - incredibly beautiful, clear scents that are not reminiscent of the soaps and sweetness of the other Pradas.
I am very happy to have found him again. The man thinks he's good, even if he's convinced that he's a Guerlain. Infussion d'Iris will definitely stay.
Iris Happiness
Pale irises scatter scents
Of your longing in the branch:
Clouds travel through the air,
Wrap yourself in soft insulation
As through fine veils of shadow
Orange blossoms bloom,
May my heart be only more loyal to you Through the night of the violet glow'n.

Hardly an evening butterfly escapes
Add the tangerines too,
Only love watches, and poems
Lullabies of thy rest
As it rests in the sky,
Is in the cedar wood the skill.
Dreams, darling, till morning -
Sleep is life amber luck
Faded iris
No, I guess that Iris just doesn't like me.
The scent starts off so nicely, and on paper I didn't find it bad either. Dimmed, powdery floridity, like a soft background noise. Gentle, clean, but characteristic. Unique.
Then on my arm: it gets mustier and mustier. For hours, nuances of jackets that need to be cleaned and stale second-hand shop. Beige support pantyhose. Rancid make-up in the drawer of the stingy aunt, hoarded for better times.
After 5 hours she stands in front of me: the governess from the 19th century, with a stern bun and an even tighter corset. I feel constricted and disguised That is the most dismal smell I have ever smelled. Completely colourless and fun free. Acquaintances say it smells of mold and hairspray.
Maybe it's for vampires and other undead, but not for me I cannot and do not want to evaluate him, I guess I am just too stupid and do not understand him. Otherwise I cannot explain the comments here.
The tender innocent radiance
First of all you can perceive a fresh, intense and strong, sweet, flowery note, which also brings a fine powdery, bitter, quite discreet citric touch and is due to the Tunisian Neroli.

At the same time, the Neroli is accompanied by a light sweetish fruity nuance of the Italian mandarin and both notes make sure in a very beautiful measure that you simply feel good all around and would like to start the new day with a wonderful lightness.

A little bit later the very discreet hunch unfolded completely.

A beautiful deep and engaging clear creamy, delicate flowery rooty note can now be perceived, giving the wearer an intense tender and at the same time innocent radiance and only the pale iris, the iris can be.

In the last 3 hours the iris is much more dimmed, but still well perceptible and is replaced in very creeping features by a soft, fine wooden note, which gives a pleasant soft aura to the approaching end of the fragrance and comes from the cedar wood.

The cedar wood is accompanied by a beautiful balsamic shade of Laotian benzoin, warming from the inside, with a slight hint of vanilla and milk chocolate, which provides a delightful smooth finish.

In total, the fragrance lasts 7 hours on my skin.

The Sillage is conceived from the outset in such a way that one is perceived very well at a whole arm length and this is also maintained 3 hours in such a way, before it is reduced in quiet steps to the conclusion of the smell
I would like to express my sincere thanks to our perfume "Honk1510" for the bottling.
EdithLyri
Controversial discourse between author & imaginary reader about marzipan cake - an outline in 8 paragraphs
Okay, this will probably be a somewhat controversial comment. I'm a perfume newcomer, I have absolutely no idea about many things, but I'll add my mustard anyway. So please forgive my amateur opinion!
Already after a short occupation with my new hobby "perfume" I came across (of course) the brand Guerlain and the mysterious so-called "Guerlinade". After a short research it seems to be a mixture of rose, jasmine, neroli, iris, tonka & vanilla (& bergamot? Depending on the source) and is described as "almondly" or "irisbuttrig+vanillig". Now I could test a few Guerlains so far and yes, also my untrained nose imagines itself to smell a kind of red thread. Especially in "Mon précieux Nectar" and the recently tested "Après l'Ondée" the following note superimposes ALL notes of the pyramid after a very short time: lightly fluffy, powdery, sugary, freshly baked sponge cake and buttery marzipan cake. Why cake? I don't know, but the scents go for me both in a sweet-gourmandy direction.

imaginary reader: Hey, wait a minute with your lay talk about Guerlain. I thought I was here to comment on a Prada! What's that got to do with "infusion d'iris" anyway?!

Well, well, dear reader.
Also with "Infusion d'Iris" I smell this special marzipan cake touch after a short time. First fresh-fruity mandarin and a pale green blossom on a pond, but only very briefly, then the marzipan comes along and butter, warm butter, and superimposed like in the two Guerlains ALL other notes of the pyramid.

imaginary reader: Mmm, okay, is your subjective impression, but, in fact, I thought the guerlinade consisted of rose, jasmine, neroli, iris, tonka & vanilla? There's only Iris & Neroli in here!

Yeah, I don't get it either! The benzoin's vanilla, though, isn't it? Maybe this is a good replacement for Vanilla & Tonka - at least - anyway, now you've brought me out.
Clears throat. Infusion d'Iris manages not to become too cakey on me. Something pleasantly citrus remains throughout the fragrance. Somehow the scent is pleasant - and sorry again to all Guerlain lovers and perfumers with far greater knowledge of scents than I do - this infusion reminds me of "Après l'Ondée", only in better.

imaginary reader: Ah, now slowly I see your argument. But did you like the scent now? That's why I'm reading all this commentary. Actually, I just wanted to know how to imagine it in something and what do I get? Unfounded gibberish about guerlinades and cakes--

All right, all right! Then the standard comment content: At first I liked it, mandarin & flower was nice, then it became too buttery like marzipan cake for me, I don't like it, but then it got a little bit too tight and now it's nice again, still cake, but waterier.

Imaginary reader: Ah, finally, that was so hard, my face -- and woe betide you saying Guerlain again --

Guerlain!

Imaginary reader: That's not too --

Guerlain!

...
(Guerlain)
Wardrobe Staples...
I have a very full wardrobe and actually for every occasion something suitable to dress. And yet every day I stand in front of it again and have the feeling that today simply nothing suits my mood. It's to milk mice.
But wait! I still have one trump card: there is this beautifully simple, cream-coloured silk blouse that I bought years ago on a day trip to Salzburg. This blouse, in all its simplicity, is for me the salvation in distress that is always appropriate, no matter what the occasion. And she makes me feel good, maybe even beautiful. She suits me, she suits me.
The Prada iris is the olfactory equivalent of this blouse. Not exciting, but so unbelievably round and incontrovertible that it is always wearable and gives me a feeling of well-being. I feel good with this fragrance, I may even feel attractive.
All this happens in such an unagitated, relaxed and subtle way that it is probably only me who perceives it. But as long as I abstract this feeling of inner satisfaction to the outside, it fits.
Powdery-creamy, slightly floral and a very tiny bit of "spice" - simply wonderfully reserved and pleasant. Not "Wow" (breathtaking), but a positive "Hmmmmmmhmm" (comforting sighing).
I wasn't a fan of iris until a few months ago. This scent here has reconciled me to her and opened this door for me. Thanks to Infusion d'Iris for that. A permanent place in my collection has definitely earned this feel-good fragrance.
Rosie88
Oh, there are several of them...? ;)
In search of new beautiful fragrances, I strolled through the city...

On the shelf, Infusion d'Iris stood in her green dress and waved to me.... I thought to myself "no, I don't like "green" scents and if you're already dressed green, I certainly don't like you" (...oh, wonderful, these prejudices)

Under tears Infusion d'Iris now stood there, which is why I let myself be beaten softly by her and thought "naaa well, you can sniff it..."

So I went over to her house and got a taste of the atomizer... Nil All right, then on paper...
hmmmm... not quite as green as I thought... but it's very smoky and woody... er, I don't like that...

--> Yes I know, this is a comment to the version of 2015... only I didn't know then "yet" that there is still a 2nd version of 2007...

"Pooh, neeeh, I don't like you, sorry" I thought and walked away...

From a dear perfuma I then received (without wanting it, of course) a sample of the version 2015, which I had overlooked of course... I immediately thought, "Well, that's the wooden Harz ghost from the department store that scared me so much..." So put it in the box...

Sometime - when I was a little bored - the pattern slipped back into my hand and I thought to myself "try it on your skin"... So, whoops, sprayed on... and.... and...

Wuuuaaaahhhh, what's that???? I'm sinking into the probably most beautiful iris scent, which I've gotten used to for a long time... (Apart from Noorah of course, which is the No. 1)

The prelude is slightly citrus-fresh with a soft aquatic note... The iris is also immediately present... and HOW... WOW, just a dream...!
Approx. 5 minutes after spraying, the delicate benzoin and a fine hint of cedar are added...

The scent hardly changes on my skin from then on, so you can't really speak of a course of scent - which I find absolutely terrific...!!!

I have another look at the sample (original sample) and don't know why I flinched so much in the shop when I sniffed Infusion d'Iris on the paper...

So let's go and go to Parfumo.de...

Well, then everything became clear to me.... I sniffed at that time the version of 2007 and not the 2015!!!!

Hach how could I leave the sample so long and not get to know the beautiful Infusion d'Iris 2015...

Today, Infusion d'Iris is a fixed and valued part of my collection, which I would NEVER give back in life, niiiie...

With the version from 2007 I still can't really make friends with the Cèdre...with the Cèdre also not really... too smoky for me....

MissBiscuitsMissBiscuits 5 months ago
This is what I wear after I take a shower and get into bed with freshly washed sheets and pillow cases. The cleanest and purest scent.

by Janag
by Ninber
by Olmt
by Olmt

Popular Prada

L'Homme by Prada L'Homme Intense by Prada Olfactories - Cargo de Nuit by Prada Luna Rossa Black by Prada Infusion d'Iris Absolue by Prada Infusion d'Amande by Prada Infusion d'Iris Cèdre by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2007) by Prada L'Homme L'Eau by Prada L'Homme Water Splash by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada Infusion d'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Prada (2004) / Prada Amber by Prada Luna Rossa Extreme by Prada Olfactories - Purple Rain by Prada La Femme by Prada Olfactories - Miracle of the Rose by Prada Amber pour Homme Intense by Prada