Infusion de Mimosa 2016

Infusion de Mimosa by Prada
8.0 / 10 87 Ratings
Infusion de Mimosa is a popular perfume by Prada for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is floral-fresh. It is being marketed by Puig. Pronunciation

Main accords

Floral
Fresh
Powdery
Sweet
Green

Star aniseStar anise Mandarin orangeMandarin orange MimosaMimosa Rose absoluteRose absolute

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 28.01.2023.

4 in-depth fragrance descriptions

Prada Infusion Mimosa
Sunshine in a bottle. It's lovely and uplifting with the refreshing Mandarin and sparkly Anis opening. Melded Into a creamy Soft Rose Base. Like a hybrid of Amande and Infusion Rose. I do get that suntan lotion vibe with the fluffy floral Mimosa . It's very feminine, slightly fruity but mainly floral fresh. Soft skin scent with moderate Sillage and Longevity.
Helpful Review 10
Body Spray
Okay, I feel really bad. I'm writing a comment here about a Prada fragrance for 80 Euros and I come to the conclusion that it's actually more of a light body spray for me. The punch line: I've already written a comment like this before, about a fragrance from the Aldi brand Anna Biondi. The two have one thing in common: they smell great, but not intense and certainly not long. Now you can get over that with a perfume for 4 Euros, but for 20 times as much? I don't know.

I find the fragrance really beautiful, the enchanting mimosa is supported by fruity, tangy tangerine (wonderful in summer!), feminine by the totally unobtrusive rose and finally rounded off by spicy, soft aniseed. I love anise in all variations, but I have already mentioned this in one of my comments. So I repeat myself!

Prada Infusion de Mimosa would really have a chance to become a follow-up candidate and a constant companion, which in principle fits in the office, in leisure time but also in the evening. But when I spray it on in the morning after bathing, I hardly smell anything when I arrive at work. What a pity! So the infusion seems to consist only of NaCl with a splash of active substance
Top Review 19
in search of the mimosa
Anyone who knows me knows that mimosa, not only in its fragrance, is a great favourite among plants for me. Actually, she leads the list of lovers before the rose.
The sweetness, which is muffled by a certain astringency - not covered -; the fragility of the leaves - whether as mimosa or acacia - and the yellow spherical flowers: all this stands for mimosa for me!

But where is she with Prada's Infusion de Mimosa?
For my sensation it is dominated, if not even killed by the powerful star anise aroma!
I admit: I also avoid star anise in my kitchen; I don't like this certain scratchiness. Neither sweet nor hearty.
There are only a few fragrances where I can bear this spiciness. That's what happens.
So the mimosa is pushed into the background during the fragrance creation named after it - too bad!
Instead, a fresh, again very slightly synthetic mandarin is placed on the side of the star anise: both probably want to demonstrate their cronyism from the Christmas recipes here.
Only a full-bodied rose fragrance can compete with these two; this makes the fragrance softer and less scratchy.
The spell that makes up mimosa for me simply does not exist.
I'm very disappointed!

That doesn't mean "Infusion de Mimosa" is not a portable scent. Anything else would just be unfair!
Very clean, very pure he plays around the wearer. The memory of a soothing bath followed by a generous fragrant body lotion gift comes to mind.
The illusion of the long time of freshness, cleanliness is conveyed quite well here.

Despite all the bizzing I can feel through star anise and mandarin, "Infusion de Mimosa" is full-bodied and has an average shelf life of a long time.
Whether the price/performance ratio is right, I do not like to judge.

It turns out again here that I have great difficulties with some of the Prada fragrances, even if they come from a similar series.
However, I personally resent it in this case, as here the mimosa was "castrated".
Why does this fragrance bear the name of a plant/flower, which then has to stand behind a spice?

There are certainly also lovers for "Infusion de Mimosa"; I will put my bottling to the Wanderpröbchen.
Of course I would be happy if she would come to one of her sympathetic people!
I'm sure this fragrance would have deserved it - but not with me!

Soft yellow
Latest addition to "Les Infusions de Prada" to complete and round the circle of an absolute coherent concept. A small semi-niche collection of seven perfumes that had their beginning with the highly acclaimed Iris (possibly one of the cleanest perfumes created in the last decade).

The nice thing about "Les Infusions" is that they all smell the same and different at the same time.

This one smells like yellow flowers floating in cotton.

Definitely a unisex fragrance for the soft and bold.

2 short views on the fragrance
RisingChaosRisingChaos 10 months ago
Soft powder + soapiness infused with a dry pollinic mimosa, fizzy orange, touch of honey, and some sort of unpleasant cleaner-ish residue.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 5 years ago
Welcome to spring! it's a very fresh and flowery scent, light, modern and classy. Particularly recommended in springtimesummer

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

2 fragrance photos of the community

Popular by Prada

L'Homme by Prada L'Homme Intense by Prada Luna Rossa Black by Prada Olfactories - Cargo de Nuit by Prada Infusion d'Iris Absolue by Prada L'Homme L'Eau by Prada Infusion d'Amande by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2015) by Prada L'Homme Water Splash by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2007) by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Infusion d'Iris Cèdre by Prada Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Infusion d'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Prada (2004) / Prada Amber by Prada Luna Rossa Extreme by Prada La Femme by Prada Prada (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Prada Amber pour Homme Intense by Prada