Infusion de Rose 2011

Version from 2011
Infusion de Rose (2011) by Prada
Infusion de Rose (2011) is a perfume by Prada for women and was released in 2011. The scent is floral-fresh. It was last marketed by Puig.

Daniela Andrier

BeeswaxBeeswax
Mandarin orangeMandarin orange
MintMint
RoseRose
HollyHolly

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 28.09.2021.

Sweet Honey and Minted Eucalyptus
The opening of this is heavenly. It has a fresh punch of Orange, Honey and a tickle of Eucalyptus and Mint that melds together creating an old fashioned, luxurious blend that has little nuances and Complexity. The newer Prada Rose is more powdery and simple but still absolutely gorgeous where as this is more fresh, bright and Green with the Tea and Mint. It has the same double Rose heart. This is sweeter with the honey accord. I prefer the pungent effervescent opening of this but the powdery delicate soapy soft dry down of the 2017 version. Both probably the most gorgeous scents I've ever smelt along with Fleur D'Oranger.

Infusion de Menthe
"Infusion de Menthe" could have been an appropriate name for this scent, and it could have been marketed unisex as well.

But, from the beginning: To my knowledge, "Infusion de Rose" is only available in Prada boutiques, but I was lucky enough to trade with a dear Parfumo friend and came into a generous decant. Thanks!

The scent opens with a fresh, slightly sweet rose. There are delicate flowers, no "Wham, here I am" flower. More like in "Clair Matin" and yet different. For a more sophisticated explanation we need to ask our "Original Rosenliesl" member.

A more orange than yellow citric splash is also among the fruity notes.

Little by little the mint comes in, spreads out more and more, and gone is the rose. Again and again, the flowers are trying to battle but don't have much of a chance and then give up. Only a touch remains.

It was at that point when I thought that the name does not fit 100% the scent. And, it was then that I had the impression that the fragrance is quite suitable for men, too.

There is no further development.

The longevity is quite decent for such a fresh scent, with 4 hours.

In my closet "Infusion de Rose" gets a place next to "Pamplemousse Rose" by Hermes. I think that those two get along quite well.

Fresh, soaped up roses
I love the scent of roses and I'm a sucker for anything that smells like the traditional rose. Prada Infusion de Rose, in terms of comparison, is much fresher than my staple rose fragrances which I'm used to. This fragrance is better suited to the warmer weather.

The opening was quite beautiful. A sheer, Spring-like pink rose with mandarin orange and a touch of mint. It was perfectly refreshing in all its glory. Pretty and feminine as well.

I actually wished this fragrance stayed that way, however the heart, while not a complete disaster, introduced some notes that I personally think don't work too well with rose. I found the holly and honey notes a bit too much when blended with the sweet, delicate rose accord. It actually turned the scent a little bitter on my skin.

I'm pleased Prada took a risk, but I'm disappointed that they couldn't make it work. The bottle is a work of art in itself, yet the fragrance left much to be desired.

The drydown is mostly strong minty tea and soaped-up roses. I'm not too impressed with this strange blend. I had such high expectations I'm afraid.

The lasting power was poor, which is a sad effort from Prada who usually produces quality scents that linger for hours. It's difficult to find a clever mainstream rose-based scent, so in times like these, I still rely upon my niche loves, particularly Annick Goutal's rose fragrances.

by Sherapop
by Sherapop

Popular Prada

L'Homme by Prada L'Homme Intense by Prada Olfactories - Cargo de Nuit by Prada Luna Rossa Black by Prada Infusion d'Iris Absolue by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2015) by Prada Infusion d'Iris Cèdre by Prada Infusion d'Amande by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2007) by Prada L'Homme L'Eau by Prada L'Homme Water Splash by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada Infusion d'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Prada (2004) / Prada Amber by Prada Luna Rossa Extreme by Prada Olfactories - Purple Rain by Prada La Femme by Prada Olfactories - Miracle of the Rose by Prada