Infusion de Rose

(2011)
Infusion de Rose by Prada
Where to buy?
Infusion de Rose is a perfume by Prada for women and was released in 2011. The scent is flowery-fresh. It was last marketed by Puig.

Daniela Andrier

Beeswax, Mandarin, Mint, Rose, Holly

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 01.06.2016

Longevity 5.0/10
Scent 9.0/10
Infusion de Menthe
"Infusion de Menthe" could have been an appropriate name for this scent, and it could have been marketed unisex as well.

But, from the beginning: To my knowledge, "Infusion de Rose" is only available in Prada boutiques, but I was lucky enough to trade with a dear Parfumo friend and came into a generous decant. Thanks!

The scent opens with a fresh, slightly sweet rose. There are delicate flowers, no "Wham, here I am" flower. More like in "Clair Matin" and yet different. For a more sophisticated explanation we need to ask our "Original Rosenliesl" member.

A more orange than yellow citric splash is also among the fruity notes.

Little by little the mint comes in, spreads out more and more, and gone is the rose. Again and again, the flowers are trying to battle but don't have much of a chance and then give up. Only a touch remains.

It was at that point when I thought that the name does not fit 100% the scent. And, it was then that I had the impression that the fragrance is quite suitable for men, too.

There is no further development.

The longevity is quite decent for such a fresh scent, with 4 hours.

In my closet "Infusion de Rose" gets a place next to "Pamplemousse Rose" by Hermes. I think that those two get along quite well.
Translated by Pipette
Bottle 7.5/10
Sillage 5.0/10
Longevity 5.0/10
Scent 5.0/10
2 Awards
Fresh, soaped up roses
I love the scent of roses and I'm a sucker for anything that smells like the traditional rose. Prada Infusion de Rose, in terms of comparison, is much fresher than my staple rose fragrances which I'm used to. This fragrance is better suited to the warmer weather.

The opening was quite beautiful. A sheer, Spring-like pink rose with mandarin orange and a touch of mint. It was perfectly refreshing in all its glory. Pretty and feminine as well.

I actually wished this fragrance stayed that way, however the heart, while not a complete disaster, introduced some notes that I personally think don't work too well with rose. I found the holly and honey notes a bit too much when blended with the sweet, delicate rose accord. It actually turned the scent a little bitter on my skin.

I'm pleased Prada took a risk, but I'm disappointed that they couldn't make it work. The bottle is a work of art in itself, yet the fragrance left much to be desired.

The drydown is mostly strong minty tea and soaped-up roses. I'm not too impressed with this strange blend. I had such high expectations I'm afraid.

The lasting power was poor, which is a sad effort from Prada who usually produces quality scents that linger for hours. It's difficult to find a clever mainstream rose-based scent, so in times like these, I still rely upon my niche loves, particularly Annick Goutal's rose fragrances.

Popular Prada

Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) by Prada Infusion d'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Candy by Prada Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Prada (2004) / Prada Amber by Prada Luna Rossa (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Prada L'Eau Ambrée by Prada Luna Rossa Extreme by Prada Infusion d'Iris Absolue by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Infusion de Vétiver by Prada Infusion de Fleur d'Oranger by Prada L'Homme by Prada Candy L'Eau by Prada Amber pour Homme Intense by Prada Candy Florale by Prada Infusion de Tubéreuse by Prada Prada (Eau de Parfum Tendre) by Prada La Femme by Prada Luna Rossa Sport by Prada