Infusion de Tubéreuse

(2010)
Infusion de Tubéreuse by Prada
Compare Prices
Infusion de Tubéreuse (Prada)
Infusion de Tubéreuse (Prada)
Infusion de Tubéreuse is a perfume by Prada for women and was released in 2010. The scent is flowery-powdery. It was last marketed by Puig.

Daniela Andrier

Blood orange, Dynamone, Petitgrain, Tuberose

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 24.01.2017

Longevity 5.0/10
Scent 8.5/10
Helpful Review    1 Award
Unusual light and fresh
Wonderful light citrus tuberose, very subtle and elegant. It is a joy to wear it on warm days specially if you layer it with the body lotion. I really like it very much, it is contained , reserved, fresh and I love the light labdanum note.

I tend to like Daniela Andrier compositions, I find them usually at least interesting and not repetitive.

The only inconvenient of this one is it works as a edc on my skin so I need to apply substantially and I keep myself from using it too much as it was discontinued... Please Prada, bring this one back, it was one of your best ones.
Scent 6.5/10
2 Awards
Light and airy tuberose
This was a nice surprise! I didn't expect to like it, but as it turns out I love wearing Infusion de Tubereuse. It's definitely dominated by tuberose, but nicely blended with oranges and petit grain. This makes it a light (but not overly light) and easy to wear scent for spring, summer and fall.

I'm usually not very fond of tuberose and I'm normally not a light scent lover, but I absolutely dig this one. Another plus is that it's so different from the other scents in my collection. Sillage is average and lastingpower is also average. About 3 hours.
Scent 8.0/10
Helpful Review    3 Awards
A light Tuberose? Who would've thought?
When I tried Infusion de Tubéreuse shortly after it's release the year before last I thought 'Meh ... why bother?'. You see, I have come to the realization that my nose was a bit immature back then ... not attuned to picking out the subtle nuances of well crafted fragrances such as this one.

Back then, Tuberose was all about Fracas and Carnal Flower! I wanted them bold and elephantine (and I still do!), so this little gem didn't stand a chance. Happily, the education of my nose has continued to the point where my recent purchase of Infusion de Tubéreuse has come as a bit of a revelation. The phrase 'less is more' is bouncing around in my head as I write this ... I don't think I really understood that until now.
Infusion de Tubéreuse is all about this most precious of all flowers in youthful bud. The flowers are still slightly green and only just opening, hinting at the immense power that is to come. I also love Petitgrain ... and this fragrance is full of it.
To get all 'head-spacey' for a second, some of the main constituents of petitgrain oil are geraniol, linalool, linalyl acetate, and terpineol ... the first two of which are found in pretty much every bottle of fragrance out there! I have, of late, also become acutely aware of the odor of terpenes (for those of you who have ever painted anything just recall the smell of turpentine) and this is relatively present here too. Chemistry lesson almost over ... I do find it strange (and a little facetious) that Dynamone is listed as a main ingredient. A little bit of research leads me to believe that this is simply an 'attention-getting' way of describing Labdanum (the resin from Rockrose or Cistus Ladaniferus) which is also present in a big chunk of perfumes today. It is apparently a wonderful fixative, which simply means that it holds faster evaporating molecules together longer, thereby enhancing their longevity on the skin, vis-à-vis the Petitgrain in this fragrance ... which is generally a fast evaporating top note.
As soft as the Tuberose in this creation is, it's definitely present ... but there is also a delightful soapiness here, as there is in all of the other Prada Infusions I have tried. If you've tried Infusion d'Iris just imagine it with a very slight 'white floral' shadow ... and you'll have Infusion de Tubéreuse. Yes, it's similar ... but it's also quite unique. Longevity here quite substantial at about 5 hours and the sillage adequate, but not immense. Infusion de Tubéreuse sticks beautifully to clothing, providing gorgeous little wafts when one is in motion.

As a die hard fan of the heaviest Tuberose fragrances, I'm happy to report that I find a great deal of joy in wearing this Daniela Andrier creation. This is a Tuberose fragrance for those who find the white floral bombs intimidating. Highly recommended!
Bottle 7.5/10
Longevity 5.0/10
Scent 6.0/10
1 Award
A crisp and clean take on tuberose
I quite like this fragrance, however I must admit it took awhile to grow on me.

Prada Infusion de Tubereuse is a lot fresher than I expected it to be. Most tuberose scents tend to be creamy and heavy, whereas this particular fragrance focuses on being light and crisp. It certainly wears well in hot, dry weather where this fragrance really has its chance to shine.

The tuberose is subtle and fresh, further complimented by a rich blood orange note which adds a citrusy touch. The opening is mostly watery and inoffensive. The scent also stays relatively close to the skin, which is nice.

It doesn't smell like a typical white floral, in fact, it tends to be much cleaner than flowery. I quite like the way it develops on the skin although it's a tad linear. The heart is a beautiful tuberose in all its glory with only the slightest hint of natural sweetness.

Unfortunately the longevity is not all that great. I'm rather disappointed that it didn't last more than two hours on my pulse points. The drydown is so faint that I could barely detect the white woods base which was a little disappointing to say the least.

I enjoy Infusion de Tubereuse but I save it for days when I feel like it. I wore it to my Grandmother's funeral recently and I felt that its subtlety and simplicity suited the occasion well.
Scent 1.0/10
1 Award
knowing my nose
I'm an anti-white-flower gal. Orange blossom and tuberose almost always smell terrible to me when I'm wearing them, and jasmine usually does. They have a high-pitched screechiness to them that I find about as comfortable as chewing on aluminum foil. But sometimes there are surprises. For instance, Lancome Attraction, a white floral that I hesitantly sniffed because my sister had it, turned out to be lovely on me. (And it's also by D. Andrier!)

I tried Infusion de Tubereuse as a blind sample from the kind Sherapop. It reminded me of bubble bath I used as a young child - all soap and screechiness. This was interesting to try blind, but I couldn't wait to scrub it off. White flower haters, beware!
Bottle 5.0/10
Scent 7.0/10
3 Awards
A Mellow Tuberose
I like tuberose scents IF they are not so "tuberosy" that they bore me and/or give me a headache. I also like powdery and orangey; but again: not too much please!
Infusion de Tubereuse is not a 'TuberoseBomb'. It's also not a citric scent. Instead it's much, much better. It's a perfect mix of all the above! The silage gives me a wonderful tuberose smell - a walk through a tuberose garden with a slight breeze in it, you smell it but it's not obnoxious and it changes moods, from just tuberose to powdery and fresh tuberose. Just the right mix to fulfill my tuberose-penchant. I love it.
Sillage 7.5/10
Scent 7.0/10
2 Awards
An Airy, Soapy, Dynamone-infused Tuberose
Prada INFUSION DE TUBEREUSE may be the tuberose perfume for people who hate tuberose. It's really a very odd fragrance in that it offers an airy, transparent interpretation of tuberose which is completely at odds with most other tuberose perfumes. Basically this is the antithesis of FRACAS or BLONDE.

There is a curious cast to INFUSION DE TUBEROSE, imparted, it seems, by dynamone, an aromachemical which is listed on the box among the other salient notes: tuberose, petit grain, and blood orange. The fact that a house would actually list an aromachemical as a major component--in fact highlight it--is the first clue that this is going to be something out of the ordinary. It is also an advisory warning: do not overapply, or you may suffer a headache.

I like this composition in its own right, but also because it fits in with the series of INFUSIONS. It has a bit of soapiness, and it is light and airy while still offering a tuberose impression. I understand why some reviewers have complained that this doesn't smell like tuberose, because it does not have that thick, opaque, density which we normally find in tuberose perfumes. It almost seems contradictory to have a light and airy tuberose, so when dynamone and a soapy quality are thrown into the mix, some people are just going to deny that this is a tuberose perfume at all. Of course, some people also deny that INFUSION D'IRIS is an iris perfume.

What Prada has done is to create a governing aesthetic which covers the entire series. As a result, people who like one of these creations are likely to appreciate others as well. On the other hand, people who dislike the general aesthetic being expressed here will dislike it in all of the other INFUSIONS as well.

I fall into pro-camp, and to my nose not only is INFUSION DE TUBEROSE a tuberose perfume, it is also a unique one. I like it, I do.

Popular Prada

Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) by Prada Infusion d'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Candy by Prada Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Prada (2004) / Prada Amber by Prada Luna Rossa (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Prada L'Eau Ambrée by Prada Luna Rossa Extreme by Prada Infusion d'Iris Absolue by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Toilette) by Prada L'Homme by Prada Infusion de Vétiver by Prada Infusion de Fleur d'Oranger by Prada Candy L'Eau by Prada Amber pour Homme Intense by Prada Candy Florale by Prada Infusion de Tubéreuse by Prada La Femme by Prada Prada (Eau de Parfum Tendre) by Prada Luna Rossa Sport by Prada