L'Homme (2016)

L'Homme by Prada

L'Homme is a popular perfume by Prada for men and was released in 2016. The scent is powdery-fresh. It is being marketed by Puig.

Daniela Andrier

Iris, Amber, Patchouli, Neroli, Geranium, Pepper, Violet, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 22.08.2019

Along with actresses Mia Wasikowska and Mia Goth, actors Ansel Elgort and Dane DeHaan are the faces of the advertising campaign. They are photographed by Steven Meisel.

9.0 6.0 7.0 10.0/10

Job interview
I find fragrances for Prada (at least these for men) very interesting. Many are characterized by a certain cleanliness, which one does not find otherwise so frequently. "Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette)" is probably the cleanest, but also "Luna Rossa (Eau de Toilette)" evokes associations of hygiene through its mint note. What these fragrances have in common with Prada L'Homme (apart from the cleanliness) is the powdery smell.

This powder (here through the iris) is absolutely in the foreground with L'Homme. I can't really say what's going on with the separate notes. I have a hunch of neroli and the drydown is slightly woody, but what makes the fragrance so special is the interplay of all the notes. Prada L'Homme is a fragrance that always reminds me of white shirts dried after washing and freshly ironed. It's a smell I'd just call clean.

That's why I like to carry him to work. It's clean, it doesn't touch, its Sillage keeps within limits and its durability won't survive the working day either. Is that a problem? It all depends on the wearer. I'm glad that the fragrance doesn't provoke too much, because it fits perfectly into professional everyday life. The Sillage won't strangle anyone and guarantees that you won't get a subpoena from HR. I also think the shelf life is okay. After all, after a long working day I want to take off my shirt and put on something comfortable, which represents me more. I also like to wear shirts at home, but the change of clothes after a working day symbolizes the transition from the professional to my own private world.

This is also how I see the scope of the fragrance. I'd love to wear it to interviews. In my work environment it is not typical to wear suits. It's only at the interview that you dress a little more formally. Then I also like to wear Prada L'Homme, because it fits very well to a formal dress style. But I don't want to miss him to the Business Casual Dresscode, because he gives a clean, serious and professional appearance the final touch. He is distant, yet warm, but also a little snobbish. This is also one of the reasons why I never wear it in my spare time. There are also days at work when I prefer to wear fragrances that are riskier and represent me more as a person.

This then raises the question: Do you want to maintain the distance you are used to from interviews every day or do you want to show yourself as you are? Personally, I'm not Prada L'Homme. Sometimes I'm lazy, I like to wear leather jackets, I don't live my job 24/7. For my free time, for going out, for the weekends and often even in my job I prefer to wear something different.

What I do know, however, is that in situations that require a certain amount of professional distance, Prada L'Homme is only a handgrip away. This morning he accompanied me to an interview and gave me exactly the aura I expected from him. If I were YouTuber, I'd say I got the job thanks to him. But I know what I'm worth myself.
10.0 5.0 5.0 8.0/10

With Prada Lhomme my journey began
My first fragrance. Unfortunately, I am getting less and less able to use it with all the perfumes I now own. Nevertheless, if you have the necessary change, it is a very good everyday scent. The shelf life is average. The fragrance intensifies but the more you spray, which I appreciate very much ^^
All in all, a good perfume.
10.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

Emorandeira
Fresh powdery iris for daily use
Iris is one of my favourite smells. This is a very nice option for summer or daily use. If you like Dior homme, for example, for nightout i recommend this to you for use during the day and with Hot weather. Iris is very noticeble but is mixed with neroli anr citrus notes which gives to the perfume a fresher vine. To me It is like mixing Dior homme and infusión d'homme. A great smell to go to the Office too. Good job from Prada although the intense versión isa bit better un performance
10.0 6.0 8.0 10.0/10

Bardh92
Something like "Graues´´". Grey Eleganz´´ hits the nail on the head.
Three years old now, the superstar of Prada. And I was one of those typical men who didn't give him the attention he deserved. I didn't even smell it and had prejudices because of the numerous internet reviews. I thought to myself: Aha, a soapy cleanerman's scent that is supposed to smell luxurious, come on, I have better options.´´ Well, then I tested it and found that it harmonizes as well with my skin as Boris Becker does with the broom closet! I wear collars every day, would call my look "freizeitchic´´" and Prada's superstar fits in perfectly. I love this fragrance because it emits a "grey Exzellenz´´, a silver rolex among fragrances. Aventus is more like a golden Rolex with diamonds, where you can't read the time because of all the glitter. Pradas L´Homme on the other hand is the reserved Womanizer who just gets everyone and doesn't have to brag about it. The women LOVE him on me and I got compliments like: you smell exactly the way you look! ´´ I thought that was nice. That women love a scent on me is decisive for whether I get it and from this I have ordered three Falkons.

7.0 6.0 8.0 8.5/10

SJreflection
the first fragrance description of a newbie about THE everyday fragrance
accordingly careful are my first steps here.
I'm wearing L'Homme myself right now and sitting at my desk, surrounded by a pleasant cloud of this powdery and yet not too heavy scents.

After the first spraying on, the fragrance still seemed to me very powerful, which in retrospect was perhaps rather due to my exuberant spraying on and not to the fragrance itself.
Now that the fragrance has had about 2-3 hours to develop on the skin, I think the initial freshness is giving way and making room for the ever stronger powdery, elegant impression that is so often told.

For me personally, this fragrance is versatile in everyday use and you always make a fresh and clean appearance without appearing too elegant or arrogant.

I am still very inexperienced as far as the world of fragrances is concerned, but I am of the opinion that most people smell rather fresh and fruity in everyday life or perceive these fragrances most likely and one therefore creates a certain variety among fellow human beings. At least that's how my experiences are with me in the office and in the environment. Could also be because my fellow men have just as little idea of scents as I do :D.

The first description of a fragrance and hopefully not the last.
10.0 6.0 8.0 10.0/10

Very pleasant and elegant
Prada L'homme is the first perfume I bought in this price range. No perfume has so far convinced me to spend more than 50 euros on one fragrance. I liked Prada L'homme so much that I couldn't get the scent out of my head for weeks. In the beginning it smells like fresh fabric softener and afterwards something luxurious or serious is added, which makes this fragrance a masterpiece. You feel really self-confident when you wear it, because this scent can never disturb you
9.0 5.0 5.0 9.0/10

Short love
One of my favourite fragrancesDNA´s unfortunately only lasts a maximum of 2 hours on my skin. I don't understand how many people here say a shelf life of 8 hours. Either it's a batch problem, or I'm just stupid. My fellow men can't smell it after 2 hours either.
10.0 8.0 8.0 8.5/10

Johz
No edges have only zeros?
You've really heard a lot about this fragrance. Maybe not as much as from a Sauvage or a La nuit de l`homme, but he is definitely present.

Theoretically it is enough to watch a video of the category "Most Complimented Fragrences" or "My Top Ten Scents" on YouTube and you can be sure that Prada L`Homme will be there. And yes, compliments will definitely not be lacking with this fragrance. You get beautiful comments on this fragrance, but not extraordinary. Why is that?

I think it's the known character of the fragrance. The freshness knows how to convince, but not to knock over. One will always smell good with it, but also never touch it, whether to touch it or to be very special, like it or not.

For me the flowery/powdery stands against this. You have to like to smell something flowery.
But the violet, the rose geranium and above all the iris also sets it apart from the classic shower gel fragrances for me and makes it something special and noble. Whereby I find also the durability and the Sillage better, than here mediated. The fragrance lasts up to 5 hours on my skin, which I find very good for a fresh fragrance, and spreads pleasantly in the room even in the first few hours. You can't overdo it with this fragrance, which is due to the pleasant freshness and the noble DNA.

In summary, the fragrance is very useful at any time and location, being particularly suitable for the office and warm weather. You just can't do anything wrong with it.
That's probably why he's so popular with this "YouTubern" and not just a zero.
10.0 6.0 8.0 9.0/10

PhillipFrag
My faithful companion in everyday life
I have been looking for a long time for a university / office fragrance. The requirements: Clean, not too pushy, but still perceptible. Of course, the shelf life should be right so that the fragrance lasts the whole working day. I've been looking for a long time. There were many candidates, but something was always not perfect for the office.
Then a friend of mine told me to test the Prada L'homme. The next time I was in town I took the opportunity to spray it on my wrist.
Wow, what can I say? I was directly convinced. A pludig, noble and professional smelling fragrance, which nevertheless brings a very fresh note, without bringing a biting citrus fruit. I'm a known iris fan, but my girlfriend doesn't go for that. That's why I didn't buy it first. When I was at home, however, I asked myself directly what fragrance I had on it, I would smell so "pleasantly present". So he also passed the test and that although she has rejected all other Iris scents so far.
When I was able to convince myself that the durability is also sufficient (of course not the very best, but still 5-6 hours perceptible on my skin) I decided spontaneously and bought the fragrance directly still. I haven't regretted it since. A lot of positive feedback and a pleasant start into the morning when I order it. Absolute buy recommendation. In my opinion, rather a summer / spring fragrance, but think it would also exist in winter. Even if I'd prefer someone else here
8.0 5.0 4.0 10.0/10

Fraqmental
The wolf in sheep's clothing
I have waited too long to get this wonderful fragrance for my collection, because I always thought it was too generic, too "normal", nothing special.
But now that Bleu de Chanel EdP became too boring for me for the office, because I always wore it, I overcame myself and got this fragrance directly together with the "Intense" Flanker.

Well, what can I say, as inconspicuous as this fragrance is, simply because it pleases everyone and doesn't get on anyone's nerves, as great as it is. Great not because it only smells so lala and has a scent DNA that doesn't attack anyone but is nothing special, but because every time this scent comes to my nose, I am afflicted by such a well-being as it is rarely the case
It is such a noble freshness that it literally frees my entire airways when I take a nose of it. Prada l'homme for me is simply elegance, seriousness, freshness & pure energy. For me also the smell DNA is not to be smelled at every 2nd corner because it was copied so often, but simply something special. When I apply this fragrance I just feel extremely clean, freshly showered, energetic, upscale. I would only wear this scent casually to a limited extent, not because it would be out of place, but for me Prada l'homme simply embodies a certain kind of elegance, which I find better worn on a shirt or suit than in a sweater.
For me it is simply the perfect office fragrance so far, I haven't found a better one yet. He already provided one or the other head-turner and I didn't get a single bad comment yet. It can also be sprayed over, so it is relatively difficult to apply too much of it.
The only negative thing about it for me is its durability. The projection is not very big but good, you don't want it in the office anyway. But also concerning the durability, it's simply over with me after max. 4 hours, I just have to reapply But I could get over this drop of melancholy so far, when I smell the noble iris note in this fragrance, it's like a little dog puppy softening you with the dachshund look - you can forgive such a thing.
10.0 9.0 8.0 10.0/10

The clean all-rounder
The title says it all here. The fragrance is very versatile. I have worn it successfully with a suit, as well as casually with a T-shirt and everything in between. The fragrance is always perfect, even if you are wearing white or simply clean and simple.
The fragrance is just as versatile with the seasons. You can wear it all year round and it just always fits.
The only limitation for me would be the time of day, the scent clearly works better during the day.
Now I have talked so much about the variety, there the smell itself comes almost too briefly.
So the fragrance has an incredibly clean, sometimes almost soapy, iris note that everything revolves around. The fragrance is simply clean clean clean. Like a sparkling noble soap that reflects a certain elegance. That's why it's so versatile. From a suit to a simply clean white T-shirt. He's just worthy of a signature scent.
I can recommend everyone to give this fragrance a chance. Spray once on both wrists and let it take effect. You simply feel the natural noble components.
With regard to the performance, I must say that it is also slightly above average. The fragrance doesn't last forever, but it already lasts 5-6 hours on my skin. And during the first 2 hours he also makes himself well noticeable. It is also not in the interest of this fragrance to have a much more attention-grabbing performance.
Elegance isn't pushy, just like this fragrance
8.0 6.0 6.0 10.0/10

Special Man
A great fragrance that I don't wear very often so as not to get used to it too much, neither myself nor others. Whenever I apply it, a feeling of elegance and exquisite flows through me, which I hardly perceive in any other fragrance in this way. I think the combination of Iris and Neroli is so well balanced here that my nose is always enthusiastic and torn down. You feel clean, fresh and very fragrant. I would classify him in the category unisex and really suitable for both sexes equally. Powdery yes, but very well dosed, not intrusive and exactly at the point.

It is also very special, apart from the different flankers of this series. The original remains the original, and it is not so easy to knock it off the throne. For me, a Headturner you don't necessarily smell at every corner. I also think the Intense version is great, but it lacks the freshness and lightness of the original, which I appreciate so much.

The sillage or projection is rather mediocre. You have to get a bit closer to the person to perceive him, but that doesn't always have to be bad ;-). It looks similar, and that in this case unfortunately, with the durability - I would like him to accompany me a little longer through the day. But from the fragrance point of view for me the absolute hammer with the highest note. A little stronger Sillage and durability would be a wish - perhaps there comes something from Prada...
10.0 7.0 9.0 10.0/10

Fine spirit
I would like to spare him another analysis.

The bottle is made for the hand, it doesn't have to bend.
Due to the lack of flashy colors and shapes, the eye also takes it as pleasant.

This fragrance is pleasantly quiet, it doesn't yell at me and says: "Here I am!"

It surrounds me with a breath that is perceptible to my environment, perhaps, briefly in passing. In light scent waves, he communicates.
The gentleman among fragrances, helpful, but he doesn't impose himself.
He doesn't take and leaves room for many things.

I wear this scent for myself and for those who come nearer to me.
He's a part of it
9.0 8.0 9.0 10.0/10

DermüdeJoe
Feel-good oasis
The Prada L'Homme first ran entirely under my radar.
After I noticed him, I wanted to test him. I did it said it and it didn't stop there. I didn't even have to test for long. In principle, it had happened to me immediately. I couldn't let go of this fragrance and immediately ordered the 100 ml bottle, as a great offer had just opened up for it.
L'Homme is one of my absolute favourite fragrances. It is also not bad that it does not change greatly in the course of fragrance, but remains very linear. It's more that I appreciate that about him. At the beginning the iris note unfolds immediately, which flattens a bit but never disappears. Very pleasant, if you like iris scents. It is a great interplay of all fragrances. And in fact, it smells like freshly washed. I feel like he's literally flattering me. I just feel really comfortable wearing it.
The durability is super with me for such a fresh and clean smell and keeps loosely its 8 hours. The Sillage is a little weaker, but it is nevertheless well perceptible.
I really like the bottle with its rounded glass and the leather back. He looks very noble and chic.
Noble also applies to the fragrance on this occasion. Oh, I'm starting to rave again... :-)
L'Homme is a fragrance I wouldn't want to miss in my collection anymore.
Therefore clear recommendation to buy.
9.0 7.0 7.0 8.5/10

Fresh & Clean with a Luxury Sharpness
This fragrance smells extremely good. Very nice iris combined with fresh and soapie vibe. Pretty pricy though.It smells pretty expensive. I decided to buy it last month. It was something with this fragrance that always made me come back to smell it more and more. Performance could have been better. Too bad that it stays only 5-6 hours on my skin with moderate projection for 1.5 hours. After 4.5/5 hours dies down already into a skin scent. Great pick for the office, great pick for a lunch with friends, wearing a nice polo shirt. I think this baby should be picked only for spring/summer and you should be dressed at least semi elegant.
Being so subtle, compliments will not come that easy but when you are noticed, you won’t escape without a nice compliment.
Overall rating : 7.5/10.
8.0 8.0 9.0 8.5/10

DarkWinterCS
Washing machine freshness for spraying on
I never thought you could smell fresh out of the washing machine with a scent. By a fragrance recommendation I became attentive to this smell, since my collection consisted rather of autumn and winter smells, which I had extended only within the last months somewhat.
Now I came to the above smell. It took me some time to identify what was pouring into my nose. Especially if you had fresh scents before, which have emitted these typical citrus notes. A new kind of freshness, but one that inspired me. Since I already have the Valentino Uomo Intense in my collection, I knew roughly what the iris will give to its best in this fragrance as well. I was not disappointed in any way.
Now for the description of what awaits you here. The obvious thing is in the effect of all the notes that the perfume smells like freshly washed laundry. However, not like the new-fashioned laundry fragrances, but those which were washed without all these perfume additives. Accordingly, the iris does its work in perfect power to fire out. The whole thing is then complemented by light pepper notes, which give the fragrance a little more strength and increase both intensity and longevity. In order not to dance completely out of line and to create the fragrance for the masses, a touch of wood is added after a few minutes, which finally rounds off the fragrance and makes it soft.

The bottom line is that this fragrance is a wonderful companion for the daily spring and summer day. Both at work and in leisure time. Because besides the fresh and powdery impression it gives you the feeling of being luxuriously on the road. So maybe you don't have to wear the slobber look if you're wearing this scent
10.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

CocoIsland
You can't go wrong with him
I'm wearing a clean slate. At least once I've sprayed that scent on myself. It smells immaculately professional, not angular, not angular and certainly not intrusive.
Cool and powdery, it comes with a dash of sweetness. It's like on a frosty morning, perceiving the first heralds of spring.
Prada L'Homme is really a fragrance you can't do much wrong with. It is an all-rounder, who does not touch and nevertheless finds much pleasure, with man and woman equally.

SteelerOpera
A very nice fragrance at first spray...
Pleasant, uplifting opening that gave me hope that Daniela Andrier had made another good designer fragrance for men, but the drydown left something to be desired. Prada used to be one of my favorite designer houses, but their offerings as of late have not been too promising. It seems that after the release of Luna Rossa Extreme most of their fragrances have been barely more than a money grab and the talents of Ms. Andrier are being wasted. I share more thoughts in my YouTube review.

8.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

Good fragrance
I find this fragrance very clean, very pure and long lasting.

I can't smell good things out, but the iris is already nice to see.

It's always usable, no matter where and when I find it. You can't really do much wrong with this fragrance.
He stops really well at my place, so he can do about 8 hours already loosely.

He is a little sweet and the good ratings are quite understandable. I use it very often and would repeat it for me if it is empty.
The bottle has a good grip and lies well in the hand.

I would recommend in any case further and who does not know this, should try it out, here one does not infect, if one carries this.

In summary, I find it powdery and sweet, yet light and discreet.
7.0 4.5/10

Andos
L'Homme - Is that what a man smells like?
Since all the comments here are overflowing with the positive evaluations, I thought I would really have to try it or... yes, we will. Well, you all know how it is with blind buying - dangerous business! Now I've been sitting here for 20 minutes smelling my wrist and wondering what everyone thinks is so great about this perfume. Fortunately, I had only ordered one bottling from the souk and since this scent is not very expensive, it is bearable.

Strictly speaking, I should have been suspicious about the description and the word "powdery". If someone like me doesn't know how powdery it smells, it's like Prada's L'Homme. It's already crazy with scents. You can see a beautiful picture in your mind again and again, a good song hangs in your ears for hours. But you can't reconstruct a smell in your head. Once you smell it, the synapses in the brain fire with full power and a moment later there is complete silence. You have to sniff it again and the moment you do, you just like what you smell or not. After the first thought, if you like it, the second thought comes immediately, what does this smell remind me of? Even after the 30th smell I can't connect it with anything, but the first thing I would really think of is the powder can of an old lady. At least the way I would imagine it - so far I haven't often sniffed powder cans from old ladies, strictly speaking never. But my first association is the make-up table of a medium mature lady - maybe also make-up wipes, or some lip gloss with chewing gum taste.

In any case, I find him to be very sweet and - now the important part is coming - not male at all. After all, he is called "the man", if my limited knowledge of French does not deceive me now. As a man you don't have to smell like a lumberjack who washes his face and armpits in a colossal bowl of water and smells like nature and forest. But something slightly bitter always belongs to me with a fragrance for men, musk definitely. In the description roses, violets and irises are mentioned as fragrances. Do you want to smell like a flower meadow as a man? Well, at least I don't - I want to smell so masculine that the ground trembles when I walk over it and wolves and brown bears tear out when I approach (Fun :D :D).

Additionally the description says FRESH-powdery and apparently I have another idea of "fresh". Fresh for me always has something to do with cold and I don't find that at all here, on the contrary the scent is extremely warm. So warm you'd feel lulled in. I can understand the description "clean man" and "office fragrance" to a certain extent, but I must say that for me every freshly cleaned car and every freshly washed shirt smells much better.

But maybe it has something to do with age. I am not 17 anymore, but I would still describe myself as (still) young. With age some preferences change, like eating raw cheese in the evening in the company of friends and schnabulating red wine (I hate red wine).

Be that as it may, this is only a warning to others, like myself, who are looking for a masculine scent and are about to blindly buy it after the outstanding ratings. I don't think he smells male at all. I don't know if I would go so far as to call him female, but at least I don't want to smell like a man. This fragrance is simply too sweet for me and doesn't exactly give the feeling of being rolled out of the drum. More out of the powder can :D

Emorandeira 33 days ago
Good for iris lover to a daily use or as an Office scent. The mixture with neroli and critis notes gives a different vibe good for summer.
10.0
DoctorJay 173 days ago
Never thought Id like a powdery scent. But... Ill be.
JoaoMartins 7 months ago
Nice and pleasant. Clean! Although I got sick of it too quickly.+1
5.0
Xanthon 9 months ago
If you can't smell beautiful, what's the point? Skip this! Nothing unique about this one - soapy and waxy. Ugh! boring.+3
5.0
Rocendroll 11 months ago
[Tak] Zajebisty. Rześki, świeży, ciepły, miły w czuciu, wręcz artystyczny.+1
6.0
6.0
KLewis 12 months ago
Clean, soapy scent but still remains masculine.+1
Carlitos01 15 months ago
Sometimes hype causes deception. L'Homme is a very nice fragrance but similar to half a douzain other iris perfums. Overated and overpriced.+5
Odysseus 2 years ago
The opening reminds me of good old fashioned pink Double-Bubble gym. Sweet, powdery, pleasant. Not very original or groundbreaking but nice.+3

Instagram: sergey4us
by DarkWinterCS
by Oldish2002
by Oldish2002

Popular Prada

L'Homme by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2007) by Prada Candy (Eau de Parfum) by Prada Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Infusion d'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Luna Rossa (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Prada (2004) / Prada Amber by Prada L'Homme Intense by Prada Prada L'Eau Ambrée by Prada Luna Rossa Extreme by Prada Infusion d'Iris Absolue by Prada Infusion de Fleur d'Oranger by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Infusion de Vétiver (2010) by Prada La Femme by Prada Amber pour Homme Intense by Prada Candy L'Eau by Prada Luna Rossa Sport by Prada Infusion d'Iris Cèdre by Prada Infusion d'Amande by Prada