L'Homme (2016)

L'Homme by Prada

L'Homme is a popular perfume by Prada for men and was released in 2016. The scent is powdery-fresh. It is being marketed by Puig.

Daniela Andrier

Iris, Amber, Patchouli, Neroli, Geranium, Pepper, Violet, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 27.05.2019

Along with actresses Mia Wasikowska and Mia Goth, actors Ansel Elgort and Dane DeHaan are the faces of the advertising campaign. They are photographed by Steven Meisel.

10.0 6.0 8.0 9.0/10

PhillipFrag
My faithful companion in everyday life
I have been looking for a long time for a university / office fragrance. The requirements: Clean, not too pushy, but still perceptible. Of course, the shelf life should be right so that the fragrance lasts the whole working day. I've been looking for a long time. There were many candidates, but something was always not perfect for the office.
Then a friend of mine told me to test the Prada L'homme. The next time I was in town I took the opportunity to spray it on my wrist.
Wow, what can I say? I was directly convinced. A pludig, noble and professional smelling fragrance, which nevertheless brings a very fresh note, without bringing a biting citrus fruit. I'm a known iris fan, but my girlfriend doesn't go for that. That's why I didn't buy it first. When I was at home, however, I asked myself directly what fragrance I had on it, I would smell so "pleasantly present". So he also passed the test and that although she has rejected all other Iris scents so far.
When I was able to convince myself that the durability is also sufficient (of course not the very best, but still 5-6 hours perceptible on my skin) I decided spontaneously and bought the fragrance directly still. I haven't regretted it since. A lot of positive feedback and a pleasant start into the morning when I order it. Absolute buy recommendation. In my opinion, rather a summer / spring fragrance, but think it would also exist in winter. Even if I'd prefer someone else here

Fraqmental
The wolf in sheep's clothing
I have waited too long to get this wonderful fragrance for my collection, because I always thought it was too generic, too "normal", nothing special.
But now that Bleu de Chanel EdP became too boring for me for the office, because I always wore it, I overcame myself and got this fragrance directly together with the "Intense" Flanker.

Well, what can I say, as inconspicuous as this fragrance is, simply because it pleases everyone and doesn't get on anyone's nerves, as great as it is. Great not because it only smells so lala and has a scent DNA that doesn't attack anyone but is nothing special, but because every time this scent comes to my nose, I am afflicted by such a well-being as it is rarely the case
It is such a noble freshness that it literally frees my entire airways when I take a nose of it. Prada l'homme for me is simply elegance, seriousness, freshness & pure energy. For me also the smell DNA is not to be smelled at every 2nd corner because it was copied so often, but simply something special. When I apply this fragrance I just feel extremely clean, freshly showered, energetic, upscale. I would only wear this scent casually to a limited extent, not because it would be out of place, but for me Prada l'homme simply embodies a certain kind of elegance, which I find better worn on a shirt or suit than in a sweater.
For me it is simply the perfect office fragrance so far, I haven't found a better one yet. He already provided one or the other head-turner and I didn't get a single bad comment yet. It can also be sprayed over, so it is relatively difficult to apply too much of it.
The only negative thing about it for me is its durability. The projection is not very big but good, you don't want it in the office anyway. But also concerning the durability, it's simply over with me after max. 4 hours, I just have to reapply But I could get over this drop of melancholy so far, when I smell the noble iris note in this fragrance, it's like a little dog puppy softening you with the dachshund look - you can forgive such a thing.
10.0 9.0 8.0 10.0/10

The clean all-rounder
The title says it all here. The fragrance is very versatile. I have worn it successfully with a suit, as well as casually with a T-shirt and everything in between. The fragrance is always perfect, even if you are wearing white or simply clean and simple.
The fragrance is just as versatile with the seasons. You can wear it all year round and it just always fits.
The only limitation for me would be the time of day, the scent clearly works better during the day.
Now I have talked so much about the variety, there the smell itself comes almost too briefly.
So the fragrance has an incredibly clean, sometimes almost soapy, iris note that everything revolves around. The fragrance is simply clean clean clean. Like a sparkling noble soap that reflects a certain elegance. That's why it's so versatile. From a suit to a simply clean white T-shirt. He's just worthy of a signature scent.
I can recommend everyone to give this fragrance a chance. Spray once on both wrists and let it take effect. You simply feel the natural noble components.
With regard to the performance, I must say that it is also slightly above average. The fragrance doesn't last forever, but it already lasts 5-6 hours on my skin. And during the first 2 hours he also makes himself well noticeable. It is also not in the interest of this fragrance to have a much more attention-grabbing performance.
Elegance isn't pushy, just like this fragrance
8.0 6.0 6.0 10.0/10

Special Man
A great fragrance that I don't wear very often so as not to get used to it too much, neither myself nor others. Whenever I apply it, a feeling of elegance and exquisite flows through me, which I hardly perceive in any other fragrance in this way. I think the combination of Iris and Neroli is so well balanced here that my nose is always enthusiastic and torn down. You feel clean, fresh and very fragrant. I would classify him in the category unisex and really suitable for both sexes equally. Powdery yes, but very well dosed, not intrusive and exactly at the point.

It is also very special, apart from the different flankers of this series. The original remains the original, and it is not so easy to knock it off the throne. For me, a Headturner you don't necessarily smell at every corner. I also think the Intense version is great, but it lacks the freshness and lightness of the original, which I appreciate so much.

The sillage or projection is rather mediocre. You have to get a bit closer to the person to perceive him, but that doesn't always have to be bad ;-). It looks similar, and that in this case unfortunately, with the durability - I would like him to accompany me a little longer through the day. But from the fragrance point of view for me the absolute hammer with the highest note. A little stronger Sillage and durability would be a wish - perhaps there comes something from Prada...
10.0 7.0 9.0 10.0/10

Fine spirit
I would like to spare him another analysis.

The bottle is made for the hand, it doesn't have to bend.
Due to the lack of flashy colors and shapes, the eye also takes it as pleasant.

This fragrance is pleasantly quiet, it doesn't yell at me and says: "Here I am!"

It surrounds me with a breath that is perceptible to my environment, perhaps, briefly in passing. In light scent waves, he communicates.
The gentleman among fragrances, helpful, but he doesn't impose himself.
He doesn't take and leaves room for many things.

I wear this scent for myself and for those who come nearer to me.
He's a part of it
9.0 8.0 9.0 10.0/10

DermüdeJoe
Feel-good oasis
The Prada L'Homme first ran entirely under my radar.
After I noticed him, I wanted to test him. I did it said it and it didn't stop there. I didn't even have to test for long. In principle, it had happened to me immediately. I couldn't let go of this fragrance and immediately ordered the 100 ml bottle, as a great offer had just opened up for it.
L'Homme is one of my absolute favourite fragrances. It is also not bad that it does not change greatly in the course of fragrance, but remains very linear. It's more that I appreciate that about him. At the beginning the iris note unfolds immediately, which flattens a bit but never disappears. Very pleasant, if you like iris scents. It is a great interplay of all fragrances. And in fact, it smells like freshly washed. I feel like he's literally flattering me. I just feel really comfortable wearing it.
The durability is super with me for such a fresh and clean smell and keeps loosely its 8 hours. The Sillage is a little weaker, but it is nevertheless well perceptible.
I really like the bottle with its rounded glass and the leather back. He looks very noble and chic.
Noble also applies to the fragrance on this occasion. Oh, I'm starting to rave again... :-)
L'Homme is a fragrance I wouldn't want to miss in my collection anymore.
Therefore clear recommendation to buy.
9.0 7.0 7.0 8.5/10

Fresh & Clean with a Luxury Sharpness
This fragrance smells extremely good. Very nice iris combined with fresh and soapie vibe. Pretty pricy though.It smells pretty expensive. I decided to buy it last month. It was something with this fragrance that always made me come back to smell it more and more. Performance could have been better. Too bad that it stays only 5-6 hours on my skin with moderate projection for 1.5 hours. After 4.5/5 hours dies down already into a skin scent. Great pick for the office, great pick for a lunch with friends, wearing a nice polo shirt. I think this baby should be picked only for spring/summer and you should be dressed at least semi elegant.
Being so subtle, compliments will not come that easy but when you are noticed, you won’t escape without a nice compliment.
Overall rating : 7.5/10.
8.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

DarkWinterCS
Washing machine freshness for spraying on
I never thought you could smell fresh out of the washing machine with a scent. By a fragrance recommendation I became attentive to this smell, since my collection consisted rather of autumn and winter smells, which I had extended only within the last months somewhat.
Now I came to the above smell. It took me some time to identify what was pouring into my nose. Especially if you had fresh scents before, which have emitted these typical citrus notes. A new kind of freshness, but one that inspired me. Since I already have the Valentino Uomo Intense in my collection, I knew roughly what the iris will give to its best in this fragrance as well. I was not disappointed in any way.
Now for the description of what awaits you here. The obvious thing is in the effect of all the notes that the perfume smells like freshly washed laundry. However, not like the new-fashioned laundry fragrances, but those which were washed without all these perfume additives. Accordingly, the iris does its work in perfect power to fire out. The whole thing is then complemented by light pepper notes, which give the fragrance a little more strength and increase both intensity and longevity. In order not to dance completely out of line and to create the fragrance for the masses, a touch of wood is added after a few minutes, which finally rounds off the fragrance and makes it soft.

The bottom line is that this fragrance is a wonderful companion for the daily spring and summer day. Both at work and in leisure time. Because besides the fresh and powdery impression it gives you the feeling of being luxuriously on the road. So maybe you don't have to wear the slobber look if you're wearing this scent
10.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

CocoIsland
You can't go wrong with him
I'm wearing a clean slate. At least once I've sprayed that scent on myself. It smells immaculately professional, not angular, not angular and certainly not intrusive.
Cool and powdery, it comes with a dash of sweetness. It's like on a frosty morning, perceiving the first heralds of spring.
Prada L'Homme is really a fragrance you can't do much wrong with. It is an all-rounder, who does not touch and nevertheless finds much pleasure, with man and woman equally.

SteelerOpera
A very nice fragrance at first spray...
Pleasant, uplifting opening that gave me hope that Daniela Andrier had made another good designer fragrance for men, but the drydown left something to be desired. Prada used to be one of my favorite designer houses, but their offerings as of late have not been too promising. It seems that after the release of Luna Rossa Extreme most of their fragrances have been barely more than a money grab and the talents of Ms. Andrier are being wasted. I share more thoughts in my YouTube review.

8.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

Good fragrance
I find this fragrance very clean, very pure and long lasting.

I can't smell good things out, but the iris is already nice to see.

It's always usable, no matter where and when I find it. You can't really do much wrong with this fragrance.
He stops really well at my place, so he can do about 8 hours already loosely.

He is a little sweet and the good ratings are quite understandable. I use it very often and would repeat it for me if it is empty.
The bottle has a good grip and lies well in the hand.

I would recommend in any case further and who does not know this, should try it out, here one does not infect, if one carries this.

In summary, I find it powdery and sweet, yet light and discreet.
7.0 4.5/10

Andos
L'Homme - Is that what a man smells like?
Since all the comments here are overflowing with the positive evaluations, I thought I would really have to try it or... yes, we will. Well, you all know how it is with blind buying - dangerous business! Now I've been sitting here for 20 minutes smelling my wrist and wondering what everyone thinks is so great about this perfume. Fortunately, I had only ordered one bottling from the souk and since this scent is not very expensive, it is bearable.

Strictly speaking, I should have been suspicious about the description and the word "powdery". If someone like me doesn't know how powdery it smells, it's like Prada's L'Homme. It's already crazy with scents. You can see a beautiful picture in your mind again and again, a good song hangs in your ears for hours. But you can't reconstruct a smell in your head. Once you smell it, the synapses in the brain fire with full power and a moment later there is complete silence. You have to sniff it again and the moment you do, you just like what you smell or not. After the first thought, if you like it, the second thought comes immediately, what does this smell remind me of? Even after the 30th smell I can't connect it with anything, but the first thing I would really think of is the powder can of an old lady. At least the way I would imagine it - so far I haven't often sniffed powder cans from old ladies, strictly speaking never. But my first association is the make-up table of a medium mature lady - maybe also make-up wipes, or some lip gloss with chewing gum taste.

In any case, I find him to be very sweet and - now the important part is coming - not male at all. After all, he is called "the man", if my limited knowledge of French does not deceive me now. As a man you don't have to smell like a lumberjack who washes his face and armpits in a colossal bowl of water and smells like nature and forest. But something slightly bitter always belongs to me with a fragrance for men, musk definitely. In the description roses, violets and irises are mentioned as fragrances. Do you want to smell like a flower meadow as a man? Well, at least I don't - I want to smell so masculine that the ground trembles when I walk over it and wolves and brown bears tear out when I approach (Fun :D :D).

Additionally the description says FRESH-powdery and apparently I have another idea of "fresh". Fresh for me always has something to do with cold and I don't find that at all here, on the contrary the scent is extremely warm. So warm you'd feel lulled in. I can understand the description "clean man" and "office fragrance" to a certain extent, but I must say that for me every freshly cleaned car and every freshly washed shirt smells much better.

But maybe it has something to do with age. I am not 17 anymore, but I would still describe myself as (still) young. With age some preferences change, like eating raw cheese in the evening in the company of friends and schnabulating red wine (I hate red wine).

Be that as it may, this is only a warning to others, like myself, who are looking for a masculine scent and are about to blindly buy it after the outstanding ratings. I don't think he smells male at all. I don't know if I would go so far as to call him female, but at least I don't want to smell like a man. This fragrance is simply too sweet for me and doesn't exactly give the feeling of being rolled out of the drum. More out of the powder can :D

9.0 7.0 7.0 7.0/10

KLewis
Nice, but there are better.
Was not a fan of this when I first tried it, but it really did grow on me.
I started it with a 10ml sample, but once I was done with that sample I was looking to buy a bottle.

In this fragrance I get a lot of iris and violet on the top, then a good amount of cedar and pepper starts to come in with time. A few of my female friends have commented on this scent and have loved it, but to me the scent just doesn't make itself stand out from other iris based fragrances.

To finish off, this is a nice clean, iris scent, but there is nothing special about it.
7.0 9.0 9.0/10

Love at second glance
With some fragrances it is strange: bought blind, tested for the first time and Zack - thick cheeks made because the high expectations were not met.
So, or something like that, I was with Pradas L´Homme. Purchased in late spring, the amber was much too heavy and dominant for my virgin application. THAT's supposed to be an easy office cleaner? People where you all work...

So I left the bottle unnoticed for a few weeks, even wanted to sell it again and sprayed it again just for this reason, to say goodbye so to speak. Meanwhile arrived in midsummer and at temperatures around and beyond the 30 degrees.
Look there, now I finally find out why everyone thinks it is so good - no feeling of the mighty amber note, but a powdery, light and extremely pleasant velvet veil surrounds me. Although my ability is not sufficient to smell out individual notes, in the end this is not important either. The overall composition knows how to inspire me meanwhile and I am glad not to have given away my powder box after all. :)
Whether my nose was simply broken at that time, or if it was due to the temperatures, I don't know at the moment. Hopefully the bottle will last long enough for a corresponding test.

DoctorJay 84 days ago
Never thought Id like a powdery scent. But... Ill be.
JoaoMartins 109 days ago
Nice and pleasant. Clean! Although I got sick of it too quickly.
5.0
Xanthon 6 months ago
If you can't smell beautiful, what's the point? Skip this! Nothing unique about this one - soapy and waxy. Ugh! boring.+3
5.0
Rocendroll 8 months ago
[Tak] Zajebisty. Rześki, świeży, ciepły, miły w czuciu, wręcz artystyczny.+1
6.0
6.0
KLewis 9 months ago
Clean, soapy scent but still remains masculine.+1
Carlitos01 12 months ago
Sometimes hype causes deception. L'Homme is a very nice fragrance but similar to half a douzain other iris perfums. Overated and overpriced.+5
Odysseus 2 years ago
The opening reminds me of good old fashioned pink Double-Bubble gym. Sweet, powdery, pleasant. Not very original or groundbreaking but nice.+3

Instagram: sergey4us
by DarkWinterCS
by Oldish2002
by Oldish2002

Popular Prada

Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2007) by Prada L'Homme by Prada Candy (Eau de Parfum) by Prada Infusion d'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Luna Rossa (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Prada (2004) / Prada Amber by Prada L'Homme Intense by Prada Prada L'Eau Ambrée by Prada Luna Rossa Extreme by Prada Infusion d'Iris Absolue by Prada Infusion de Fleur d'Oranger by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Infusion de Vétiver (2010) by Prada La Femme by Prada Amber pour Homme Intense by Prada Candy L'Eau by Prada Luna Rossa Sport by Prada Candy Florale by Prada Infusion de Tubéreuse by Prada