L'Homme (2016)

L'Homme by Prada

L'Homme is a popular perfume by Prada for men and was released in 2016. The scent is powdery-fresh. It is being marketed by Puig.

Daniela Andrier

Iris, Amber, Patchouli, Neroli, Geranium, Pepper, Violet, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 17.03.2019

Along with actresses Mia Wasikowska and Mia Goth, actors Ansel Elgort and Dane DeHaan are the faces of the advertising campaign. They are photographed by Steven Meisel.

50something
Once of the few unisex colognes I like
I actually love Prada l’hoome even though I prefer masculine to semi-fragrances. I have never received a compliment in my life when wearing any cologne and I have 46 so let me say that I am happy for you that get compliments
9.0 2.0 3.0 6.5/10
Breeze instead of fumes
Since I have been dealing with Parufms the Lhomme from the house Prada runs me actually constantly over the way.
At first I wasn't particularly interested in this fragrance, as it was winter and I was now more on the SpiceBomb track. But when I recently stood in the perfumery of my trust and rummaged around a little, Prada's husband immediately caught my eye and thought that I would finally have to try it out.
Left the Intense version, right the normal one.
And I'm starting to sniff. I didn't measure myself to be able to smell out any notes, but what I smelled was disappointing. Clean yes, but also boring.
Unfortunately there was no fireworks in my head, no "Boah is that horny" and that although he is praised in all perfume community so.
But it got worse. I smelled my wrist again for about two hours and was shocked that I could hardly perceive anything of either version.
After three hours it was completely imperceptible.
10.0 7.0 7.0 9.0/10
Thob90
Fragrances come and go, some stay
When I think of Prada L'Homme, I just feel comfortable. The feeling is then further intensified when I apply it. Prada L'Homme is a very uncomplicated fragrance with little development while wearing. It is linear, warm, clean, fresh, sweet, chic, elegant but also casual, timeless, soothing, reserved, quiet and pious
I'd like to share with you how I got to know the scent. That was 2017. My wife and I visited friends in Bavaria. On a beautiful summer evening we walked to a castle in which there was also a very cosy, typical Bavarian, not too expensive restaurant. When we, after having eaten and drunk well, started our way back, I took this fragrance for the first time when a breeze blew over to me. And I have to admit that I didn't know if the scent came from my buddy or his wife. But I didn't care for that either, I just enjoyed the scent. Arriving at home I saw the small silver-black bottle standing at the edge of the sink. I read "Prada." Very well, I've heard the name before, I thought. I think I ordered a 50ml bottle online the same evening. And I was looking forward to coming home soon to enjoy the scent on me. My wife likes him a lot, too. There were compliments from the family and at work. Of course, I was pleased about that. :)

Today, I don't wear it as often as I used to. But I wore it very regularly for two years and at that time I also called it my signature scent. Meanwhile I have the feeling that sometimes it is a little too quiet for me. I know that our noses quickly get used to scents and we then perceive them less, yet I consider variety to be a good alternative to maintaining love for scents. It's a shame sometime when you wear them out of habit.

I can go along with the argument that the fragrance smells "clean" rather than "fresh" for many, but it is not particularly important to me either. As described above, the fragrance is rather linear and the iris is always in the foreground, you should like it. A fresh (or clean), sweet-powdery iris. The shelf life and the Sillage are completely okay with me. I'm not a polysprayer. 2-3 sprays are enough for 7 hours. The Sillage is good in the first two hours, but not space occupying. That wouldn't go with the scent either. After two hours the Sillage is then arm-length. A small unobtrusive tail you always pull behind you. The bottle is m.M.n. beautifully designed. Looks great and fits very well in the hand.
By the way, I also think the scent is unisex. I still prefer to smell it on myself rather than on my wife.

Thank you for your time!
For spelling mistakes, commas and other embarrassing errors in my text, of course the auto fill function of my mobile phone is liable ;-0
9.0 7.0 7.0 8.5/10
Fresh & Clean with a Luxury Sharpness
This fragrance smells extremely good. Very nice iris combined with fresh and soapie vibe. Pretty pricy though.It smells pretty expensive. I decided to buy it last month. It was something with this fragrance that always made me come back to smell it more and more. Performance could have been better. Too bad that it stays only 5-6 hours on my skin with moderate projection for 1.5 hours. After 4.5/5 hours dies down already into a skin scent. Great pick for the office, great pick for a lunch with friends, wearing a nice polo shirt. I think this baby should be picked only for spring/summer and you should be dressed at least semi elegant.
Being so subtle, compliments will not come that easy but when you are noticed, you won’t escape without a nice compliment.
Overall rating : 7.5/10.
8.0 8.0 9.0 8.5/10
DarkWinterCS
Washing machine freshness for spraying on
I never thought you could smell fresh out of the washing machine with a scent. By a fragrance recommendation I became attentive to this smell, since my collection consisted rather of autumn and winter smells, which I had extended only within the last months somewhat.
Now I came to the above smell. It took me some time to identify what was pouring into my nose. Especially if you had fresh scents before, which have emitted these typical citrus notes. A new kind of freshness, but one that inspired me. Since I already have the Valentino Uomo Intense in my collection, I knew roughly what the iris will give to its best in this fragrance as well. I was not disappointed in any way.
Now for the description of what awaits you here. The obvious thing is in the effect of all the notes that the perfume smells like freshly washed laundry. However, not like the new-fashioned laundry fragrances, but those which were washed without all these perfume additives. Accordingly, the iris does its work in perfect power to fire out. The whole thing is then complemented by light pepper notes, which give the fragrance a little more strength and increase both intensity and longevity. In order not to dance completely out of line and to create the fragrance for the masses, a touch of wood is added after a few minutes, which finally rounds off the fragrance and makes it soft.

The bottom line is that this fragrance is a wonderful companion for the daily spring and summer day. Both at work and in leisure time. Because besides the fresh and powdery impression it gives you the feeling of being luxuriously on the road. So maybe you don't have to wear the slobber look if you're wearing this scent
10.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10
CocoIsland
You can't go wrong with him
I'm wearing a clean slate. At least once I've sprayed that scent on myself. It smells immaculately professional, not angular, not angular and certainly not intrusive.
Cool and powdery, it comes with a dash of sweetness. It's like on a frosty morning, perceiving the first heralds of spring.
Prada L'Homme is really a fragrance you can't do much wrong with. It is an all-rounder, who does not touch and nevertheless finds much pleasure, with man and woman equally.
SteelerOpera
A very nice fragrance at first spray...
Pleasant, uplifting opening that gave me hope that Daniela Andrier had made another good designer fragrance for men, but the drydown left something to be desired. Prada used to be one of my favorite designer houses, but their offerings as of late have not been too promising. It seems that after the release of Luna Rossa Extreme most of their fragrances have been barely more than a money grab and the talents of Ms. Andrier are being wasted. I share more thoughts in my YouTube review.

8.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10
Good fragrance
I find this fragrance very clean, very pure and long lasting.

I can't smell good things out, but the iris is already nice to see.

It's always usable, no matter where and when I find it. You can't really do much wrong with this fragrance.
He stops really well at my place, so he can do about 8 hours already loosely.

He is a little sweet and the good ratings are quite understandable. I use it very often and would repeat it for me if it is empty.
The bottle has a good grip and lies well in the hand.

I would recommend in any case further and who does not know this, should try it out, here one does not infect, if one carries this.

In summary, I find it powdery and sweet, yet light and discreet.
7.0 4.5/10
Andos
L'Homme - Is that what a man smells like?
Since all the comments here are overflowing with the positive evaluations, I thought I would really have to try it or... yes, we will. Well, you all know how it is with blind buying - dangerous business! Now I've been sitting here for 20 minutes smelling my wrist and wondering what everyone thinks is so great about this perfume. Fortunately, I had only ordered one bottling from the souk and since this scent is not very expensive, it is bearable.

Strictly speaking, I should have been suspicious about the description and the word "powdery". If someone like me doesn't know how powdery it smells, it's like Prada's L'Homme. It's already crazy with scents. You can see a beautiful picture in your mind again and again, a good song hangs in your ears for hours. But you can't reconstruct a smell in your head. Once you smell it, the synapses in the brain fire with full power and a moment later there is complete silence. You have to sniff it again and the moment you do, you just like what you smell or not. After the first thought, if you like it, the second thought comes immediately, what does this smell remind me of? Even after the 30th smell I can't connect it with anything, but the first thing I would really think of is the powder can of an old lady. At least the way I would imagine it - so far I haven't often sniffed powder cans from old ladies, strictly speaking never. But my first association is the make-up table of a medium mature lady - maybe also make-up wipes, or some lip gloss with chewing gum taste.

In any case, I find him to be very sweet and - now the important part is coming - not male at all. After all, he is called "the man", if my limited knowledge of French does not deceive me now. As a man you don't have to smell like a lumberjack who washes his face and armpits in a colossal bowl of water and smells like nature and forest. But something slightly bitter always belongs to me with a fragrance for men, musk definitely. In the description roses, violets and irises are mentioned as fragrances. Do you want to smell like a flower meadow as a man? Well, at least I don't - I want to smell so masculine that the ground trembles when I walk over it and wolves and brown bears tear out when I approach (Fun :D :D).

Additionally the description says FRESH-powdery and apparently I have another idea of "fresh". Fresh for me always has something to do with cold and I don't find that at all here, on the contrary the scent is extremely warm. So warm you'd feel lulled in. I can understand the description "clean man" and "office fragrance" to a certain extent, but I must say that for me every freshly cleaned car and every freshly washed shirt smells much better.

But maybe it has something to do with age. I am not 17 anymore, but I would still describe myself as (still) young. With age some preferences change, like eating raw cheese in the evening in the company of friends and schnabulating red wine (I hate red wine).

Be that as it may, this is only a warning to others, like myself, who are looking for a masculine scent and are about to blindly buy it after the outstanding ratings. I don't think he smells male at all. I don't know if I would go so far as to call him female, but at least I don't want to smell like a man. This fragrance is simply too sweet for me and doesn't exactly give the feeling of being rolled out of the drum. More out of the powder can :D

9.0 7.0 7.0 7.0/10
KLewis
Nice, but there are better.
Was not a fan of this when I first tried it, but it really did grow on me.
I started it with a 10ml sample, but once I was done with that sample I was looking to buy a bottle.

In this fragrance I get a lot of iris and violet on the top, then a good amount of cedar and pepper starts to come in with time. A few of my female friends have commented on this scent and have loved it, but to me the scent just doesn't make itself stand out from other iris based fragrances.

To finish off, this is a nice clean, iris scent, but there is nothing special about it.
7.0 9.0 9.0/10
Love at second glance
With some fragrances it is strange: bought blind, tested for the first time and Zack - thick cheeks made because the high expectations were not met.
So, or something like that, I was with Pradas L´Homme. Purchased in late spring, the amber was much too heavy and dominant for my virgin application. THAT's supposed to be an easy office cleaner? People where you all work...

So I left the bottle unnoticed for a few weeks, even wanted to sell it again and sprayed it again just for this reason, to say goodbye so to speak. Meanwhile arrived in midsummer and at temperatures around and beyond the 30 degrees.
Look there, now I finally find out why everyone thinks it is so good - no feeling of the mighty amber note, but a powdery, light and extremely pleasant velvet veil surrounds me. Although my ability is not sufficient to smell out individual notes, in the end this is not important either. The overall composition knows how to inspire me meanwhile and I am glad not to have given away my powder box after all. :)
Whether my nose was simply broken at that time, or if it was due to the temperatures, I don't know at the moment. Hopefully the bottle will last long enough for a corresponding test.

DoctorJay 16 days ago
Never thought Id like a powdery scent. But... Ill be.
JoaoMartins 40 days ago
Nice and pleasant. Clean! Although I got sick of it too quickly.
5.0
Xanthon 122 days ago
If you can't smell beautiful, what's the point? Skip this! Nothing unique about this one - soapy and waxy. Ugh! boring.+3
5.0
Rocendroll 182 days ago
[Tak] Zajebisty. Rześki, świeży, ciepły, miły w czuciu, wręcz artystyczny.+1
6.0
6.0
KLewis 7 months ago
Clean, soapy scent but still remains masculine.
Carlitos01 10 months ago
Sometimes hype causes deception. L'Homme is a very nice fragrance but similar to half a douzain other iris perfums. Overated and overpriced.+3
Odysseus 24 months ago
The opening reminds me of good old fashioned pink Double-Bubble gym. Sweet, powdery, pleasant. Not very original or groundbreaking but nice.+2

Instagram: sergey4us
by DarkWinterCS
by Oldish2002
by Oldish2002

Popular Prada

Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2007) by Prada Candy (Eau de Parfum) by Prada Infusion d'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada L'Homme by Prada Luna Rossa (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Prada (2004) / Prada Amber by Prada Prada L'Eau Ambrée by Prada Luna Rossa Extreme by Prada L'Homme Intense by Prada Infusion d'Iris Absolue by Prada Infusion de Fleur d'Oranger by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Infusion de Vétiver (2010) by Prada La Femme by Prada Amber pour Homme Intense by Prada Candy L'Eau by Prada Candy Florale by Prada Luna Rossa Sport by Prada Infusion de Tubéreuse by Prada