L'Homme 2016

L'Homme by Prada
Top 16 in Men's Perfume
L'Homme is a popular perfume by Prada for men and was released in 2016. The scent is powdery-fresh. It is being marketed by Puig. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Sauvage (Eau de Toilette)

Daniela Andrier

IrisIris AmberAmber PatchouliPatchouli NeroliNeroli GeraniumGeranium PepperPepper VioletViolet CedarCedar

Submitted by multiple users, last update on 25.05.2022.

Along with actresses Mia Wasikowska and Mia Goth, actors Ansel Elgort and Dane DeHaan are the faces of the advertising campaign. They are photographed by Steven Meisel.

Oldish2002Oldish2002 3 years ago
This fragrance smells extremely good. Very nice iris combined with fresh and soapie vibe. Pretty pricy though.It smells pretty expensive. I decided...
INDIGOSPHINXINDIGOSPHINX 2 years ago
I just received this today in mail, was really excited to wear it. I own DHI and really enjoy that iris, cocoa vibe and I was a little disappointed...

Great Introduction to Florals
Gents,

I will start with a PRE-Scriptum: I often write reviews using anecdotes and rants, more as an open letter than a review, so if you do read my text, I greatly appreciate it, if not, you can skip to where the space is, after all the following paragraphs, and read the review.
I believe gender views are outdated. I know that may seem obvious, but Common Sense and Common Practice is Not the same. Doesn't everyone know that you should hold the door for the people behind you? Yet how many really do it? Common sense, and general education/practices are taken for granted by everyone, just like gender roles and standards.
To be honest, there is some personal attachment to this issue because, as a Man, I am very short. I felt lots of judgement coming from outside sources, especially since my girlfriend is taller than me (not very difficult when you measure 160cm). As men, we have a preconceived image of what we should be, how we should act, what we should look like, and even smell like. I don't know about all of you, but the images I had about masculine scents were never floral.
Prada L'Homme, in my opinion, is a perfect balance, ideal for getting us started into the floral fragrances. I must say, the first time I smelled it I absolutely though: "not for me, not in a million years". But the more I came back to it and smelled it, the more I realized: "why not?". Why was I restricting myself from liking and absolutely GORGEOUS scent because of my preconceptions and my own stereotypes. I don't intend to make this an overly deep review, but in a way, this fragrance helped be break past certain stereotypes that men should smell a certain way, and rather that the confidence you get from smelling good is 90% of the fragrance, while the smell itself is only 10%.

Now onto the actual review. Prada L'Homme is a very popular fragrance with lots of hype behind it, and understandably so. Just like Bleu de Chanel, just like Dior Sauvage, yes, these fragrances are VERY talked about, but for a good reason. I honestly quite dislike the people who try to be special by "not liking popular fragrances JUST because they are popular"... Grow up. They are popular for a damn good reason, and that is that they smell amazing.
L'Homme is a very intimate and shy fragrance in the sense that its projection is not super strong, but it smells amazing once close. It is often recommended for the office for these reasons, and honestly, I recommend it as a daily wear. Whether you go to school, work, or just go for a walk or to buy groceries, it is a discreet scent that smells fresh and floral.
Freshness is 100% the name of this fragrance. It has a very nice clean and floral opening that simmers down to a very gentle cedar. I love this fragrance, and I'm certain that I will still love this for many years.

Fresh Powder
There is a lot of hype surrounding this fragrance: the best offuce scent, the best iris on the market, a boss-like scent. It can be anything you want, honestly. It's one of those fragrances that, depending on how muchbyou spray and how you present yourself, suits all occasions, moods and groups. Does it make it good? No, of course not. But it is quite interesting, as this clean iris thing had the potential to be the next italian cologne genre, as we associate with the neroli in Acqua di Parma.
Overall, it's an interesting scent. The possibility of something new. Unfortunately, this was overshadowed by the blue wave.

Weak sauce
Smells really nice but performance is a joke. Skin scent before you know it. This goes for most of if not all fragrances. All reformulated and watered down. How is one supposed to enjoy fragrances like this? My body spray has better performance. I stopped buying cologne because of this and I encourage everyone else to do the same. I have been using cologne since the seventies and I know what a good fragrance is supposed to be like!!!
Atavtc
Fresh from the washing machine
How to describe this fragrance? Quite simply!

Imagine a detergent as elegantly fresh and good smelling as it gets. That's exactly what Prada L'homme is. Not sexy not sweet not shower gel-like simply freshly washed. Perfect for the office or even warm days. In the summer smells the also just great, white shirt blue shorts.
Performance is just mega for this type of perfume. He holds up to 12 hours and projects all the time solid, not too much not too little.
With the preisleistungsverhältniss one can come only in the rave!

In summary:
Perfect for the office or warm days, top durability and projection and super value for money
Prada Fabric Softener Fragrance
Perfect for a man who wants to inconspicuously pursue his work.
Unfortunately, the fragrance was confused with me many times with fabric softener.
He is very mainstream and a clean fragrance that makes a good figure in the office.
For people who want to do nothing wrong with the fragrance.
Who want to be on the safe side.
But he is not a fragrance that screams loudly when you enter a room.
Outside one is not perceived large
Blanco91
Pure elegance from the bottle
I've been immersed in the world of fragrances for a little over a year now. Does that make me an absolute expert on this platform? I think not. After I was allowed to sniff now but in the meantime already at very many flacons and, I believe me but already a sound judgment to form.
Prada L'Homme embodies for me pure elegance bottled in the bottle!
My bottle was a blind buy and the first sniff, there was immediately a WOW effect with me. I was so positively surprised that I could hardly believe it to have made such a snapper. Why? Because Prada L'Home smells very pleasantly powdery and expensive. Whether this is due to particularly high-quality ingredients that give the fragrance its powderiness?

But how does Prada L'Homme smell exactly?
As already described, it is a fragrance from the category Fresh&Clean, which absolutely underpins a well-groomed appearance. The scent definitely has a soapy, powdery character in the most pleasant way I could imagine. And that may be saying something, as powdery scents tend to be less appealing to me on men.
Prada L'Homme is not loud and aggressive, but hardly eckt with the fellow. For one or the other this may be a weakness. For this, however, you can gladly put other fragrances in the closet. Prada L'Homme combines for me the qualities of professionalism and elegance with the awareness that the fragrance tastes of fellow human beings are different.
For the already often mentioned purposes such as office, job interview and all occasions in which one has to do a lot with other people an absolute no-brainer.

I'm blown away by Prada L'Homme.
Unless something even better comes under my nose in the next few months, this fragrance should probably become a serious candidate for my own wedding day next year. Thus should have been said enough from my side to the fragrance.

P.S.: Am of course open to other suggestions for "our" big day ;)
Why the hype ?
With Prada L'homme I do not understand the hype so right...
The fragrance is neither very good nor keeps the Sonderlich long.
Now, of course, can say "but that's a soapy fresh fragrance that has by nature less power" ...
Well Reflection Men is also elegant soapy and clean and has a much better performance ... even Laliques Pour Homme lion has a much better performance and the fragrance smells better ... i'm sorry I can't for the life of me understand the hype and good reviews of the fragrance . It lasts on my skin 30 minutes on the clothes maybe an hour ... to fall asleep it's enough but for the whole day never in life ....
And he smells not so good ... the has what light cucumber artiges or so light cream artiges what I find now not so nice ... even Ck one smells better ... but they have similar performance... i will certainly not buy the fragrance again
Unimpressively great
There are fragrances that have to be just so. Or there are situations, since only fits so something ...

I work in the medical or health care, and at the same time I am not only a lover of perfumes, but I need for the profession in a professional context a certain fragrance that is appropriate to the situation. But which one should I choose?

A shower gel scent? Perhaps too youthful...
A gourmand fragrance? Inappropriate...
Something sweet? Too seductive and out of place....
Spicy-woody? Too offensive, perhaps too masculine....
Something fresh? Seems so casual sometimes...
None at all? Too bad...

Then I heard about this "soapy clean" fragrance called Prada L'Homme.
On first smell: So that's "soapy." What does it smell like? Well, kind of like soap. And quite clean. That's all I had left to say after the first test, and I moved on quite unimpressed.

A second try: it felt like I should have been more engaged in seeing - or just smelling - behind the facade of the soap. And certainly there was a lot more to it than just the simple "clean" and "soap". The scent exuded something friendly, inoffensive, welcoming, without becoming in the least self-evident or self-indulgent. Ah yes...that's why I was unimpressed. So-so...

Wearing it further, I had rather such associations: In its sweetness, it was heartwarming on the one hand, yet not seductive. Somehow yet seductive, yet not offensive. Professional, yet not aloof. Luxurious, yet not ostentatious. He leaves an impression, without be-ein-drucken.

And yet, ultimately, clean. To be a "clean man" means ultimately, to place value on its appearance; means ultimately also to know what is appropriate at what time and on what occasion; means to find the right balance - and you find that with this fragrance: everything that attracts, looks attractive, makes interesting, invitingly appeals - and now the quintessence, does not impose itself with it!

As already mentioned numerous: the perfect fragrance for areas of "professionalism", so work, job interviews, seriousness and situations in which you do not want to tick off and still put a gentle message. This does not have to be in a suit, but also fits quite privately in a white T-shirt on a summer day. Easy going with value.

Durability satisfactory! Enough for me for the whole workday. After a 30 degree gentle wash, you can still smell him easily on the shirt collar. He has quite something Feminimes, without acting unmanly.
Simply effortless
I'm trying to put my thoughts on this scent into words.

Upon first sensory intake of this popular fragrance in a boutique, I remember not really being blown away. Sure, it was pleasant, but just not much else. However, my then very inexperienced expectations of perfumes demanded just that rip from the chair - something that would make me say, "Wow, that smells incredible!".
After some time had passed, though, it gradually occurred to me that smelling pleasant is actually a very desirable thing. Does it always have to be the unmistakable, (at least stereotypically) seductive fragrance explosion, where you hope that the people around you turn in rows?
It was precisely these considerations that made me test Prada L'homme once again. And I quickly realized that this fragrance is incredibly unique in its own way! It makes the wearer do just that - smell very pleasant.
A very fresh opening followed by a fantastic iris note turns into a soapy, unspeakably pleasant, non-offensive, and yes, beautiful scent for anyone who may perceive it, in the drydown.
I use with the terms "pleasant" and "beautiful" deliberately quite broad words, since this fragrance also does nothing (in the strict sense) special - But what he does, he does incredibly well. And that's what makes him so special!

This fragrance is in my opinion suitable for any occasion. Sure, also for's office, as he is described almost in generic way, but also simply to feel good at home - whether alone or in togetherness - when going to town or to drink coffee in the afternoon. This fragrance will always do its job with flying colors. He conveys cleanliness, attentiveness and a casual well-groomed appearance.

To finally go into the usual criteria - The fragrance itself I can only give full marks. For me, he is in his category in the men's fragrances unsurpassed.
Sillage and durability are, however, in my experience a small problem. Fortunately, you can the fragrance almost without hesitation a little oversprayen - Only that should not really be the goal. Therefore, there are relatively clear deductions here.

All in all, it needs no further words here: Prada L'homme, my heart belongs to you.
DeFragrance
Fresh, noble & elegant ..
I like this Prada very much.
The scent has a soapy pluddy vibe, Reminds me of a very high end and luxurious soap.

The iris and floral notes paired with the subtle cedar just create the perfect image of a clean man.

The drydown of this perfume is an absolute poem. A very high-quality and noble smell that fits perfectly into the workday and the office. Not too intrusive and yet always perceptible.

Simply the King of Business.

DPArtistDPArtist 5 days ago
I'm not a big fan of scents with iris as the focal point but this is surely a nice one for fans of that note, extremely smooth and elegant.
Beymen27Beymen27 2 months ago
Toller Duft fürs frisch riechen!
Der beste Seifenduft!
MontanaBMontanaB 3 months ago
Soapy fresh iris, price bracket is very accurate for it. Could even consider it a cheapie if performance was somewhat better
OgonekOgonek 3 months ago
Приятно пахнет свежей рубашкой. Прям свежесть белья заслуга моя. Сладковато разве что. Идеально для офиса
ScentPTScentPT 6 months ago
Super versatile perfume that suits every kind of occasion.
MarkoLeMarkoLe 7 months ago
Together with Prada Amber Pour Homme one of the best clean soapy fragrance. This is the scent for modern gentlemen with good manners.
Stevens95Stevens95 9 months ago
Fresh and clean out of the shower. Very safe choice
50something50something 10 months ago
Clean and soapy unisex fragrance . High quality for sure. Leans feminine to me personally. Not a big fan of iris.
ChicoRoch1ChicoRoch1 10 months ago
Underrated Prada scores big with this 2016 release
Blako11Blako11 12 months ago
I like it, it's elegant and not aggressive. It's a little bit too spicy for my taste, although the spiciness suits it well.

Instagram: sergey4us
by Oldish2002
by WitDeBois
by WitDeBois

Popular by Prada

L'Homme Intense by Prada Olfactories - Cargo de Nuit by Prada Luna Rossa Black by Prada Infusion d'Iris Absolue by Prada L'Homme L'Eau by Prada Infusion d'Amande by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2015) by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2007) by Prada L'Homme Water Splash by Prada Infusion d'Iris Cèdre by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Infusion d'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Prada (2004) / Prada Amber by Prada Luna Rossa Extreme by Prada La Femme by Prada Prada (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Prada Olfactories - Miracle of the Rose by Prada Amber pour Homme Intense by Prada