L'Homme 2016

L'Homme by Prada
Top 12 in Men's Perfume
L'Homme is a popular perfume by Prada for men and was released in 2016. The scent is powdery-fresh. It is being marketed by Puig. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Sauvage (Eau de Toilette)

Daniela Andrier

Iris, Amber, Patchouli, Neroli, Geranium, Pepper, Violet, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 28.10.2020.

Along with actresses Mia Wasikowska and Mia Goth, actors Ansel Elgort and Dane DeHaan are the faces of the advertising campaign. They are photographed by Steven Meisel.

Differential view
Clear. Fresh. Soapy. Clean.

To almost no scent you read through the bank away on every internet page constantly only the same words, and every time I wonder what is wrong with my nose and perception!?

I wouldn't even remotely compare this fragrance to fabric softener, for example, or claim that it is THE clean and fresh fragrance, THE all-rounder without being too offensive.
And soapy or "like freshly showered", whatever you read, I can't substantiate either.

Either everybody orients himself only on the well established opinions and constantly repeats what has already been said, or I actually perceive this scent completely different
The fragrance is characterized by a dominant iris note, which has a strong powdery effect. The whole thing is paired with a subtle sweetness, plus floral nuances in the background.
This combination looks rather noble and voluminous to me, instead of fresh and clean (clean).

If I were ignorant and would read or listen to the different opinions, I would expect a completely different scent. By the way, I don't consider this fragrance to be purely masculine either, it definitely has the predicate "unisex" for me.

I myself like the scent from time to time, but I don't see it as a classic office scent. Rather I like to wear it at an evening event. When it comes to sports and leisure time, I find the fragrance less suitable, because it seems too noble to me, due to the dominant powdery DNA.
If I smell it too often or for too long, I develop the feeling that all this is too much powder for me.

Shelf life and silage are good in any case.
Flacon is very beautiful and successful.

Last but not least, I would like to point out that I do not want to call any opinion "wrong", it is only my personal opinion and my great astonishment about an established viewpoint, which I personally do not perceive at all, on the contrary.

Maybe there are still some who look similar. Regarding all the opinions here I feel quite alone :)
The clean slate
Are you at a job interview?
Should anyone forgive them anything? Then wear this soft fresh scent and wonder why you
admire all and find nice.

No, that would be an exaggeration, because this fragrance is not a cure, as is often advertised, but is still perfect when it comes to coming across as likeable and professional.
No masculine scent with bestial sillage or presence but in the rush like a lovely melody, which is still perceptible after many hours.
Chapoend
Clean! Perfect fragrance for the office
The scent is not at all obtrusive and very clean.
I bought the fragrance blindly at that time and was not disappointed!
One smells masculine, but very fresh and clean.
I would recommend the fragrance for the office and not exactly for the club :)
All I get is compliments!
Best blindbuy
One of my favourite fragrances, because the iris in it smells so incredibly horny, clean and fresh.
The scent gives you a very good feeling when you wear it and others like the scent very much.

Too bad that the Sillage is not so good and the Alternarive L'Homme Intense, which Iris does not get quite so horny (especially in the dry down).

Durability is solid to good, as it seems to have a fairly good oil concentration for an eau de toilette.
Also here a blind buy
Also this scent I bought blindly, although I like rather sweet scents I was not disappointed here.
The fragrance is very fresh with a good shot of masculinity but very pleasant The scent develops after a short time and does not change noticeably after approx. 30min - 1h.
Durability is relatively good for the first assessment (now worn for almost 8 hours) and still well noticeable.
Hello Mr Niceguy
This perfume is really not so masculine at all. Think women could wear it the same way. Still a good scent. Fresh, powdery, sweet, floral. Smells like soap, only much higher quality I call this scent Mr Niceguy because it just doesn't bother anyone. He is nice to smell and to say it in english : "it doesn't open anyone" I don't know how to put it differently. :')
In any case, the good 8-9 hours lasts (I wear it in autumn now), but I think it is more for spring and summer. To each his own. If someone wants to smell flowery in winter, that's his business. Sillage is ok, you can smell it when you wave your arms around or something (typical Italian) and the bottle looks really good. In my opinion a good unisex scent.
What a fool I was..
Until 2 days ago, I was actually of the opinion that the Intense version smells much better. I don't know why no nose ever fucked with me like that. You've got some nerve Or was I just ignorant and let the word Intense fool me a bit?
Well, was a bit of a stroll and had seen in advance that Prada l'homme is very much reduced at a well-known perfumery chain and asked if the saleswoman could give me the online price. To my surprise "yes, but only to people who ask by themselves"... Already well and tested. Sprayed on my arm and went for a little stroll and watched how the l'homme develops.

What a surprisingly intense fresh smell, this iris, Amber is there and so within a short time a light creamy fresh raspberry scent developed on my skin, which made me melt, just like 2 women standing next to me at the traffic lights. The l'homme can compliment you. One more round and back to the perfumery, let the 100ml pack and go home.

In the evening then off to the night shift and actually still the whole night through this great smell on my arm noticed. It developed a little further. Still fresh, but this slight creaminess, slight sweetness... Awesome. It even smelled slightly unisex for me. It's crazy.

I never had these associations with the Intense and so I was probably very wrong for some time. I am so excited and look forward to the next days with my new "man" from Prada. Fresh & clean... Raspberry? Creamy? Unisex? I will have to test that a bit the next days, but our first date was great and gave me butterflies in my stomach
A warm scarf called Iris
Everything has been said here about L'Homme. And most of them are absolutely right. L'Homme is clean, soapy and simply pleasant. I am reminded of a warm, soft scarf by the way the fragrance is and the way it surrounds the wearer. No matter how humble the day may have been, as soon as this scarf covers me with its warmth and pleasant aura, I get a good feeling. A feeling of security and peace. As if time stood still.

You must like the powdery iris note, though. I know a few people in my environment who don't like this scent or associate it with anything else (make-up, powder, lipstick, etc.). I, on the other hand, smell the pure joie de vivre and warmth in this version of iris.

Meanwhile I catch myself more and more often, how I just put a small spray on my neck after work and then lie down on the couch and relax. A warm scarf called Iris helps me to get down.
Two friends in public transport - Part 2
"Howdy!"

"Hi, Stefan! What's up?"

"Not much. Still tired."

"No big deal. You can crack off a little more. I'll wake you up when we have to go out."

"Yo. Say, did you take a shower with soap today, or what?"

"With soap?"

"Yeah, you smell all over like the luxury soap at that hotel Miri and I stayed at last year."

"Oh sooo, no, that's 'Prada L'Homme', my fragrance today."
"Hey, then that would almost be the perfect scent for me if I wanted to score plus points with Miri!"

"Why 'almost'?"

"Well, Miri is really into curd soap - don't ask me why! This one smells more like the hotel's typical luxury soap, rather sweetish."

"No big deal. "Amber pour Homme," it's called. It smells like lilac, like curd soap. It's also Prada
"Ahhh, okay, thanks for the tip. But this one's pretty cool, too. How do they do that thing that smells like soap?"

"It's the iris note..."

"Ha, Iris, had a girlfriend named that once She was hot, man!"
"Uhhh, yes, I remember, but don't let Miri hear you say that! Anyway... Have you ever smelled Miri's powder puff or changed your little niece's diaper?"

"Digger, have you been drinking!?"

"No, seriously, that iris note makes the perfume smell like powder and just fresh out of soap."

"Yeah, now that you mention it, it does smell like powder. Does it smell like that all the time or does it change again?"

"Nah, the smell doesn't really change. It's called a linear progression."

"Dude, linear progression, you're already a freak!"
"Isso. It radiates quite well for the first four hours, but then it subsides a little - you can still feel it up to half an arm length - and later it becomes very close. But it is easy to last a normal working day, about eight hours, depending on skin type and temperature. The good thing about these soap scents - and I think Prada is really ahead here - is that you can use them all year round, regardless of season or occasion. At least they don't get on the nerves of most people, on the contrary, they are usually perceived as pleasant. That makes them interesting where you meet lots of different people - in your open-plan office, for example. You don't set any great accents with the scent, but that's a thousand times better than when people are annoyed every full hour and bother to air the office because you wanted to try something new

"Jo, there's something to this."

"This is why this type of fragrance is called 'office fragrance'. You smell fresh and clean, like you just climbed out of the shower. You noticed it the same way earlier."

"Okay, I'm gonna go check on that... Amber..."
"Amber pour Homme."
"That's right, Amber pour Homme, look around. But like I said, this one's good, too."

"All right, do it!"

...

"Stefan?!"

"Yeah?"

"Be right there!"

"Shit! Well, Digger, let's go! See you later! "

"Jo, hold on!"

"Make an effort!"
DarkWinterCS
Washing machine freshness disappears in the mass
So Prada L'Homme is now my first fragrance, which I would like to comment on again. Not because it has become worse or great different. Also not because I suddenly can't appreciate it anymore. It was probably just a matter of time, because it was one of the first fragrances I reviewed here. However, since my personal taste, my views and demands on fragrances have shifted and changed somewhat, I would like to include this in my review.

The fragrance has felt for me in the last 24 months nocmal got a real boost. YouTuber, as well as reviewers on other channels have pushed this fragrance further and further and called it the No. 1 everyday scent. A scent that doesn't upset anyone and is a typical one of the crowd-pleaser category. Especially for the people who work in the office, it is best to wear this scent to avoid causing too much suffering to the environment With the experience I have gained now in my time on Parfumo, this impression would fit perfectly. There's hardly anyone who wouldn't describe this fragrance in a way that's pleasant and not too disturbing. So unobtrusive and restrained and yet a little fresh laundry for the surroundings.

It is rather the question of whether you want to wear the fragrance every day at work? Use this fragrance as a solution if you can't decide and don't want to appear obtrusive to anyone ?

If you can answer this question for yourself with yes, you will feel very comfortable with this perfume. Because this iris note is so soft and powdery and on the other hand so wonderfully dry woven that you feel as if you are wearing fresh clothes every few minutes, with a little bit of washing machine freshness still sticking to you. Especially because the whole thing is not presented too sweetly and rather emphasizes the freshness, it makes it one of the most uncomplicated fragrances in my eyes. My summarized associations were, fresh laundry and face powder. If you have ever had the Valentino Uomo Intense under your nose, you can imagine this Prada a little lighter and less sweet.

Also the durability is really nice for this kind of fragrances. I never had the feeling during the working day that it really disappeared completely. Surely after 4 to 5 hours it becomes a bit close, but still in such a way that the wearer can hear it. The total holding time I would indicate with 7 hours +-. It depends here also on the weather. I found it interesting that it can be worn differently in summer than in winter. In the cold months it looked slightly sweeter on my skin, but that didn't bother me
For myself, however, it has turned out that I do not want to keep it permanently in the collection despite its catchiness. One reason for this is that I have often used it too often in the collection, in spite of other higher quality scents, and thus have not reflected myself as much. On the other hand, after a while of wearing it, the monotony of the scent DNA was a bit too boring for me. Meanwhile I wear really strong oriental scents in the office, because they show and express more what I am and how I see myself.

Sometimes you can make a statement even if others don't like it. Nothing is worse when you are just a piece in a puzzle and you don't express your own individuality. Even falling out of the masses can be quite pleasant. In the eighties, there were already office workers and fragrances were the order of the day that would make most people turn up their noses at today. So be crazy and dare to stand out. In this respect, I can often only smile at fragrance presentations by our Jeremy and Marc Eggers. Not because I don't appreciate their achievements, but rather because the fragrances presented are more likely to be classified in the beginners' category. Because with permanent development of the own taste and the testing of new and high-quality fragrances, also completely different fragrances become much more interesting.

I still appreciate this Prada and I still have a great rating for it because it is fresh, comfortable and good to wear. However, it is also the symbol for the category fragrances in order not to attract attention or get lost in the masses.

GreMuserGreMuser 14 days ago
Clean, fresh and luxurious with a hint of sweetness. Simply beautiful and easy to wear.
Eliot65Eliot65 25 days ago
If someone wants to have only one fragrance for all occasions and all seasons THIS IS IT. It smells elegant and classy
Syzygy73Syzygy73 26 days ago
Light, powdery, hint of lipstick but more than the sum of its parts. A superb masculine leaning floral.
ToptTopt 53 days ago
tried it, dont get the hype; average
BertolucciKBertolucciK 67 days ago
Beautiful iris that gives a comforting feeling. All-rounder, soapy, clean, slightly powdery and sweet. Longevity: good. Sillage: moderate
StolzmanStolzman 93 days ago
This and Burberry Touch for men are my favourite office fragrances. Great longevity
OmardoOmardo 150 days ago
much more than a simple clean fragrance. starts somewhat sweet and intriguing. not only and office scent. it winks at you without shouting.
Nik604Nik604 169 days ago
An expensive laundry detergent... a bit luxurious, but still detergent.
CaribbeanguyCaribbeanguy 8 months ago
Iris. Powdery iris, almost as make up smell, not a bad thing. Good for warm weather really. Some chicks dig it, some not so much.
AithanAithan 11 months ago
Sweet, Floral, Fresh & Clean. Quite linear.
Inoffensive sweet office friendly scent.
After 4-5 hrs, it sits very close to skin.

Instagram: sergey4us
by Spiff
by WitDeBois
by WitDeBois

Popular Prada

L'Homme Intense by Prada Luna Rossa Black by Prada Infusion d'Iris Absolue by Prada Olfactories - Cargo de Nuit by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2007) by Prada Infusion d'Iris Cèdre by Prada Infusion d'Amande by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2015) by Prada Infusion d'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada L'Homme L'Eau by Prada L'Homme Water Splash by Prada Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada Prada (2004) / Prada Amber by Prada Olfactories - Purple Rain by Prada Luna Rossa Extreme by Prada La Femme by Prada Infusion de Vétiver (2010) by Prada Olfactories - Miracle of the Rose by Prada