L'Homme (2016)

L'Homme by Prada

Top 16 in Men's Perfume
L'Homme is a popular perfume by Prada for men and was released in 2016. The scent is powdery-fresh. It is being marketed by Puig.

Daniela Andrier

Iris, Amber, Patchouli, Neroli, Geranium, Pepper, Violet, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 11.07.2020.

Along with actresses Mia Wasikowska and Mia Goth, actors Ansel Elgort and Dane DeHaan are the faces of the advertising campaign. They are photographed by Steven Meisel.

The "Perfect"
After so many positive comments, statements and reviews of Prada L'Homme I thought, nothing can go wrong with a blind purchase.

Some reviews have said that the "Water Splash", the latest bottle, smells similar and you can get it even if you don't own one of the series yet. However, the durability of the Water Splash didn't seem to be that good.

So I first looked for a souk of the Water Splash and had it sent to me. Sprayed on immediately, I thought "Wow, that's a really good smell!". Now of course I was curious how the Prada L'Homme smells, the "father" of the scent, and ordered it almost blind
I would have described myself - since I owned the Dior Homme Intense - as an "opponent" of iris fragrances. I always found iris to be an annoying note that took away my breath. However, as far as irises were concerned, I only had the Dior Homme Intense in my collection. So at the beginning I was really a little sceptical whether Prada L'Homme would work for me - because of the iris.

When the bottle arrived, I naturally sprayed it immediately on my forearm to test it.

The first impression was very sobering. "He smells so sweet." I like sweet scents. But that was just unexpected A whole 10 seconds later, however, my opinion changed abruptly. "So there's the iris. "Wow. Not pushy like in Dior Homme Intense. I can still breathe!".
I was fascinated. The scent composition, perfectly balanced. A hint of sweetness at the beginning, fresh, iris - I was blown away!

Now it is so that you have to get used to some fragrances before you fall in love with them. With me and Prada L'Homme, I have worn the fragrance every day since I got it.

The fragrance suits every occasion. It is absolutely not obtrusive, it smells - as so many have aptly said - "clean", fresh and clean.

Now, of course, I like to have the fragrance evaluated by my environment and ask my friends and acquaintances my universally popular question "do you smell my perfume? What do you think of it?".

The reactions were very unexpected with this fragrance.

"What perfume? I smell nothing!" Was here the reaction I got the most often.

I had wondered if the fragrance really had such a bad sillage and was already panicking that it wasn't worth its money.
So I pulled out the bottle and sprayed a spray in the direction of my best friend.

"Do you smell that now?"
His answer: "Oh, that's the perfume that smells so good here! I thought it was from your laundry! It smells mega nice!".

Mega nice. Just the reaction I would have expected ;-)

The scent was generally very well received, provided it was recognized as such. Often my surroundings thought that it was my laundry that smelled so good.

All in all, I can say that Prada L'Homme is taking the place of my Layton, as I wear it every day now. It suits every occasion, just smells good, fresh, discreetly powdery and therefore doesn't rub off anywhere. In my opinion a fragrance that everyone should have smelled once!

Thank Prada for this masterpiece!
Mrdna
Yes, that smell is suit-wearing!
Prada L'Homme. Touted by Jeremy Fragrance as the "clean man" ; A professional, clean office or everyday scent. Sounds good, right? And one thing in advance with this recommendation from our (favorite) - YouTubers was not promised too much
Now for my opinion and story about this fragrance. About 2 months ago I ordered my first sample of Prada L'Homme here in the Souk and was immediately blown away. As the occasion of my recently passed school leaving examination so wanted, I finally asked for the opportunity to wear a suit again. In contrast to the majority of my peers (classmates), I love and loved the feeling of wearing a suit and I was happy to finally slip into it again.

Suit on, tie tied and now of course the question of the matching fragrance arose. And yes, I was really happy to have a sample of Prada L'Homme in the house. Arriving yesterday and never tested before, yet this day was to serve as an experiment. Sure, it could have backfired, but the reviews and notes made me feel (correctly) safe. So I applied 5 splashes and wow I liked the opening
For the first 2-3 minutes I still felt an alcoholic touch, but this was quickly replaced by the very dominant and characteristic iris. Beside these flowery, quite heavy notes, one can also recognize the subliminal, but very successful, background with the spice of the pepper.

The fragrance is quite linear, not in the sense of boring, but much more in the sense of a harmonious composition. With time, the fragrance becomes less obtrusive and also bearable on the skin (here it was previously a bit too much of a good thing). Furthermore, the scent in the drydown smells a bit sweeter and warmer, at least for my one; generally simply more tolerable, but also more inconspicuous
In the first 2 hours this fragrance brings a mad silage. Got 2 compliments in that time, so I'm sure the world can smell it. Besides, and I really like this very much, the scent was also perceived above average for myself during this time. This is all the more pleasing as I belong to the variety Parfumo, which after some time often cannot smell itself anymore. After the above mentioned (maximum) 2 hours, the radius in which you are perceived becomes steadily and unfortunately also quite quickly smaller. After 4 hours I only smell something very close, after about 6 hours I had to make an effort to be able to perceive something. However, one must definitely give credit to this scent that it really performs very well in the beginning.

All in all: a top fragrance! For me it fits perfectly with chic clothing, conveys a noble and valuable feeling and encourages an upright posture. With this fragrance you definitely don't have to hide yourself and simply feel good and self-confident. According to my test experience so far, it is very popular with both men and women and has never met with (strong) rejection, i.e. a very common scent
Beside the normal version the Prada L'Homme Intense has joined my collection since 2 weeks, which I also appreciate very much. If I find the time, I will review it and point out some parallels and differences. But as you can see by buying another version of this fragrance, I am definitely excited about Prada's hobbyhorse. I can only recommend to every perfume, even every perfuma, to buy a bottle of this fragrance (and also the Intense version) and test it. I would almost want to make a "blind buy recommendation" here, but I still recommend testing, because I don't want to shoulder the burden of responsibility of a bad buy induced by me.
A shot of Prada Iris for the good mood
I guess it's impossible to avoid Prada L'Homme. This fragrance is to Prada what Dior Sauvage is to Dior Sauvage, and to Chanel BdC, the brand's undisputed flagship!

Through numerous reviews I became aware of this fragrance after release. It was literally praised to the skies and defined as the epitome of office fragrances. After 3 years of intensive use, I can say that it is much more than a pure office fragrance. Prada L'Homme is an extremely versatile fragrance that can be worn parked at any time of the year and on any occasion. Personally, I see it as the ideal companion for spring and summer, both at lunchtime and in the evening. It is therefore very easy to wear, so if you don't know which of the countless fragrances you want to wear today, Prada L'Homme is practically always a good choice. So it has probably for most, a very high signature fragrance potential!

From my previous experience, the fragrance is really well received by others. There has never been a negative reaction, but there has been a lot of positive feedback from both men and women.

"Wow, what are you wearing that smells so clean?"
"You smell so yummy"

"You smell so good"

"Please tell me what that scent is, I need it too"

The reactions, especially from women, were extremely positive, so that on my third date with a nice lady I was told that I should apply the scent from the last meetings again. I think directness is great but I didn't expect something like that!
The performance is absolutely sufficient for me and the occasions to which I wear L'Homme. Of course it can never be too little power, but I find the fragrance very well balanced for a summery scent. The Sillage is also not to be scoffed at warmth/heat. Durability is with approx. 6 hours for an EDT completely ok. It may be that you don't notice the scent anymore, but your environment even more.

Prada has indeed managed to establish the iris as a fragrance with the entire L'Homme line and is thus appealing to an even broader clientele - probably also on the sales side - than Dior has been able to do so far with the Homme line.

I am already looking forward to opening my newly arrived 100 ML bottle in the coming days. To the next years!
Soap Deluxe
By far the best soap scent in my collection. I ordered this fragrance blindly and have never regretted it until today. With this you simply can't do anything wrong. Clean, fresh and slightly powdery - in my eyes an absolutely timeless DNA that always works. Durability is definitely in the good middle range, Sillage is moderate with a lot of air to the top. Price/performance is right here and so it will have a firm place in my collection
Clean
From my point of view a masterly composition. If I had to describe the fragrance with one word it would be "clean". Other words would be high-quality, powdery, pleasant and discreet. I can't imagine the scent being offensive to anyone, but at the same time it is definitely not trivial. I have a few fragrances in my collection, so it is sometimes difficult to choose, but I have never regretted picking this fragrance. Very recommendable!
Nouveau87
A dream that vanishes quickly
This is my first comment so I ask you professionals for leniency. For me the scent is a dream. I love this sweet powdery My big problem (batch says produced in 2020) is the catastrophic shelf life. In spite of excessive use, I and my environment don't smell anything after a maximum of 3 hours. How I would love to have an old version of the fragrance
Parfängpeng
My signature scent in spring
I am. That's what I smell like in spring. Normally I do not like powdery iris notes because it smells too feminine, but Prada L'homme just fits. So far I have only received compliments on this fragrance after I discovered it for myself. I like to wear it during the day and it always makes me feel 10% better than before.

50something
Smells great but too feminine
I really love the way this smells but I wore it to a meeting and a few guys asked who was wearing the women’s perfume. I pretended not to hear it. I asked my wife what she thought about it and she said it’s definitely powdery and feminine, unisex? I said, yup, that’s how it’s described. Definitely not masculine, I can’t even understand how it could be considered as such. As much as I like it, I do feel self conscious when wearing it. For that reason I wouldn’t say it’s the #1 office fragrance. I believe that title belongs to Grey Vetiver, Guerlain Vetiver, BDC or Eau Sauvage. Any one of those would win my vote.

All in all I give this a solid 9 out of 10 for the scent, it’s undeniably great. I wouldn’t call it clean or fresh though. More like Somewhat soapy, but mostly sweet and powdery.

Luxurious laundry detergent
Known as the KING OF OFFICE FRAGRANCES

That I can agree, but what is so special about it? Uhh??
With all the hype I was so intrigue that's why I purchased this fragrance. The very moment I hit that place order button, I immediately regret it. WHY?
I realize that for the price, nothing is really special about a luxurious bar of soap (detergent). If it is like a mugler cologne dumb reach kind of fragrance, It would have more used in my collection. But this one tho, clean soapy but something that is not appropriate for casual set up because it has this mature vibe to it, some describe it as an old lady powdery smell.
Oh, i almost forgot, in my skin? LONGEVITY SUCKS. Easy 1-3 hours. Projection also sucks! I try to spray it many times on my hand just to test it. Need to put my nose directly on my skin just to smell it. But hey, they say it works magic in the air, so I just need to have faith on that. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice fragrance. But practically speaking, I would rather pick something else for a casual/office fragrance.

Scent for me, I wouldn't say "fresh" but it is clean with a bit of kick from the pepper??
I'm not getting that patchouli earthy vibe, which makes me sad because I love patchouli.
Neroli, Iris, Geranium and Violet. Yes it is indeed a CLEAN fragrance.

Great bottle, that's the reason im not gonna give/sell it. Nice bottle to add in my collection.
Nice fragrance overall, nothing very exciting about it.
Aleks
Home office the glory of the times
Yes, there is an explanation for increased home office activities in 2020, the sourpuss is ranting about Corona!

This invisible virus has opened the doors for us and has shown us that the world can quickly mutate into an overstrained something.
I am in tune with the situation and the only thing that bothers me is the fact that I am experiencing a masquerade while shopping, which I only knew from China before.
Corona invasion or not, there are far worse things in the world, so let's leave the subject aside.

Let's get back to the essential and dedicate ourselves to this, as many praised the everyday office fragrance.

Until a few years ago, Kiton Men was considered the perfect office fragrance for me.
Unfortunately, he has developed a certain mustiness for me, which I can't stand any more.
This is probably also due to the fact that it is now only to be found dusty on the lower shelves.

Prada has created a very nice scent here, that has to be seen more closely.

Just the bottle alone, I think, makes a good impression.
It's a pity that the back is not made of leather, but that would probably have exceeded the production costs.
What do I get offered, what is the first impression in the opening...
It radiates a certain lightness and airiness, reminds very strongly of high-quality soap with a touch of powdery texture which clearly comes from the iris.
Something metallic slightly disinfectant like I take was also.
He seems kind of metrosexual, I could well imagine him with the female sex.
The base consists of a woody impact and some patchouli.
To my mind, the fragrance remains rather linear until the end, which is certainly no problem.
It is a clean evergreen and can be worn for almost every occasion.
I can't say why it is labelled everywhere as an office fragrance, but it is certainly more than just a desk stool.
The perfect season is spring and summer, where he fits in perfectly.
If anyone is wondering what style of clothing the fragrance would go with, a white shirt always looks fresh and well-groomed.
Now I sit here for weeks from Monday to Friday in my home office and the office computer smiles at me.
To be honest, I don't care if it's good and clean scented or not!
The jogging pants fit comfortably and the T-shirt is loosely over it, but somehow it reflects the Boss tailor-made suit in everyday office life, doesn't it?
When I look at my current style of dress, I get the urge to order a Prada again.
Yes you know how to please and you know how to please in sweatpants at home office!
Conclusion:
Shelf life is more than good for a fresh, clean fragrance, the daily routine is over.
The projection is good mediocrity and perfectly adequate.
Since there are some new flankers here again, I can only consider the Intense version as an alternative.
This then rather for the evening or also for somewhat colder days.

OmardoOmardo 41 days ago
much more than a simple clean fragrance. starts somewhat sweet and intriguing. not only and office scent. it winks at you without shouting.
Nik604Nik604 60 days ago
An expensive laundry detergent... a bit luxurious, but still detergent.
CaribbeanguyCaribbeanguy 127 days ago
Iris. Powdery iris, almost as make up smell, not a bad thing. Good for warm weather really. Some chicks dig it, some not so much.
AithanAithan 7 months ago
Sweet, Floral, Fresh & Clean. Quite linear.
Inoffensive sweet office friendly scent.
After 4-5 hrs, it sits very close to skin.
ItchynoseItchynose 7 months ago
4.5
Waxier than a hair removal salon run by Madame Tussaud. For iris lovers only.
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 12 months ago
Good for iris lover to a daily use or as an Office scent. The mixture with neroli and critis notes gives a different vibe good for summer.
DoctorJayDoctorJay 17 months ago
Never thought Id like a powdery scent. But... Ill be.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 17 months ago
Nice and pleasant. Clean! Although I got sick of it too quickly.
XanthonXanthon 20 months ago
If you can't smell beautiful, what's the point? Skip this! Nothing unique about this one - soapy and waxy. Ugh! boring.
RocendrollRocendroll 22 months ago
[Tak] Zajebisty. Rześki, świeży, ciepły, miły w czuciu, wręcz artystyczny.

Instagram: sergey4us
by Spiff
by WitDeBois
by WitDeBois

Popular Prada

L'Homme Intense by Prada Infusion d'Iris Absolue by Prada Olfactories - Cargo de Nuit by Prada Luna Rossa Black by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2007) by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2015) by Prada Infusion d'Iris Cèdre by Prada Infusion d'Amande by Prada Infusion d'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada L'Homme L'Eau by Prada Prada (2004) / Prada Amber by Prada Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada Olfactories - Purple Rain by Prada Luna Rossa Extreme by Prada Infusion de Vétiver (2010) by Prada La Femme by Prada Prada (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Prada L'Homme Water Splash by Prada