L'Homme (2016)

L'Homme by Prada

L'Homme is a popular perfume by Prada for men and was released in 2016. The scent is powdery-fresh. It is being marketed by Puig.

Daniela Andrier

Iris, Amber, Patchouli, Neroli, Geranium, Pepper, Violet, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 19.11.2019

Along with actresses Mia Wasikowska and Mia Goth, actors Ansel Elgort and Dane DeHaan are the faces of the advertising campaign. They are photographed by Steven Meisel.

9.0 9.0 9.0 9.0/10

Built for be a King of the Office
I understand those who criticize you for your lack of nuances and evolution in the olfactory pyramid but I firmly believe that he was born with one purpose: to be the king of the office. Not to be tasted by the smell of perfume lovers.
With Prada Amber they detected a very important niche that very few were exploiting: the office. The workspace where we want to smell clean, neat, elegant and charismatic. and especially a sector in which nobody was paying attention: the average workers.
Prada Homme was born with that spirit; be the profumo of the intermediate worker who cannot bear the cost of a Dior or a niche Tom Ford perfume and does not want to be as intrusive in the office as a Dior Homme.
Your sweet iris is a safe bet for any office: nice, not intrusive, clean and with a dose of style.
We add an acceptable sillage and a very good duration and we have a bestseller in sales.
10.0 6.0 3.0 9.0/10

MarioG
Great, clean scent. Durability bad!
One of the greatest powdery fragrances for the everyday/office etc. There's nothing to complain about.
But the durability with me (I stress with me!):

No two hours can take this thing and I don't smell anything anymore...
I'll test Intense and see if it behaves similar...
Could've been my favorite scent
8.0 8.0 9.0 8.0/10

Mister Distant
Scentrack: Remy Shand – Take A Message

I am a big fan of Daniela Andrier’s creations like Prada Amber Pour Homme or Infusion d’Homme due to the some special substantial freshness of her style. When Prada l’Homme was introduced I was a little bit skeptical. The composition seemed to me like another Dior Homme-like, Valentino Uomo-like masculine iris. Still, I consider it as a part of the iris bandwagon, but after some time spent I start to appreciate l’Homme more and more.
L’Homme is not seen as an innovative composition. It follows all the known olfactory post-Dior Homme paths. Clean, fresh genderless iris with darker base. Although previous sentence describes Prada l’Homme pretty good, one should pay attention to the details where this composition shines. What I like the most is a neroli-mediated blast of classic Italian freshness with some peppery nuances. This cologne-like touch is perfectly matched with very bright and transparent iris. Prada’s iris is powdery, but unlike in Dior Homme is devoid of lipstick vibe. Behind fresh iris overload is hidden a shy old school floral bouquet. The spicy and floral introduction are distant, stiff and professional, but luckily it morphs into the warm and darker base. This pleasant base consists of woodsy notes (cedar and sandalwood) with darker patchouli. Interestingly, the base is almost gourmand, but somehow escapes from gourmand cliché.
Another great hallmark of this composition is performance. L’Homme lasts on my skin entire working day and more. A great accomplishment for fresh fragrance.
This successful cold and warm interplay defines Prada l’Homme as a good all-around fragrance. It is great for job, great for bars or restaurants, ideal for job interviews. A Swiss army knife of upscale fragrances. Maybe it lacks originality, but upgrades the masculine iris genre. Great details like classic initial clean laundry freshness, warm base and performance makes it a good addition to fragrance wardrobe.
9.0 8.0 8.0 8.5/10

Alex2707
Elegant luxury fabric softener of the top class
"Fresh fabric softener with a luxury vibe"
This is how this fragrance was called again and again and in numerous reviews.
But what man would seriously want to smell like fabric softener? ...was my thought.
I've been taught a better lesson! :)

Bought it blind on the net and got it yesterday.
Thanks to numerous discounts it was finally available for almost 50€/100ml.

The bottle is a grenade.
Super high quality, solid and extraordinary.
So he brings exactly the values I associate with Prada.

The fragrance is in no way alcoholic and remains constant throughout the whole process.
It is extremely powdery, but not sweet.
He's extremely clean, but no Aquat.
It's extraordinary, but not exotic.
This fragrance smells simply pleasant and clean, but is clearly recognizable as a men's fragrance.

He will definitely be my new office fragrance and accompany me through autumn and spring.

Sillage: strong
Shelf life: 7-8 hours +
9.0 6.0 7.0 10.0/10

Job interview
I find fragrances for Prada (at least these for men) very interesting. Many are characterized by a certain cleanliness, which one does not find otherwise so frequently. "Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette)" is probably the cleanest, but also "Luna Rossa (Eau de Toilette)" evokes associations of hygiene through its mint note. What these fragrances have in common with Prada L'Homme (apart from the cleanliness) is the powdery smell.

This powder (here through the iris) is absolutely in the foreground with L'Homme. I can't really say what's going on with the separate notes. I have a hunch of neroli and the drydown is slightly woody, but what makes the fragrance so special is the interplay of all the notes. Prada L'Homme is a fragrance that always reminds me of white shirts dried after washing and freshly ironed. It's a smell I'd just call clean.

That's why I like to carry him to work. It's clean, it doesn't touch, its Sillage keeps within limits and its durability won't survive the working day either. Is that a problem? It all depends on the wearer. I'm glad that the fragrance doesn't provoke too much, because it fits perfectly into professional everyday life. The Sillage won't strangle anyone and guarantees that you won't get a subpoena from HR. I also think the shelf life is okay. After all, after a long working day I want to take off my shirt and put on something comfortable, which represents me more. I also like to wear shirts at home, but the change of clothes after a working day symbolizes the transition from the professional to my own private world.

This is also how I see the scope of the fragrance. I'd love to wear it to interviews. In my work environment it is not typical to wear suits. It's only at the interview that you dress a little more formally. Then I also like to wear Prada L'Homme, because it fits very well to a formal dress style. But I don't want to miss him to the Business Casual Dresscode, because he gives a clean, serious and professional appearance the final touch. He is distant, yet warm, but also a little snobbish. This is also one of the reasons why I never wear it in my spare time. There are also days at work when I prefer to wear fragrances that are riskier and represent me more as a person.

This then raises the question: Do you want to maintain the distance you are used to from interviews every day or do you want to show yourself as you are? Personally, I'm not Prada L'Homme. Sometimes I'm lazy, I like to wear leather jackets, I don't live my job 24/7. For my free time, for going out, for the weekends and often even in my job I prefer to wear something different.

What I do know, however, is that in situations that require a certain amount of professional distance, Prada L'Homme is only a handgrip away. This morning he accompanied me to an interview and gave me exactly the aura I expected from him. If I were YouTuber, I'd say I got the job thanks to him. But I know what I'm worth myself.
10.0 5.0 5.0 8.0/10

With Prada Lhomme my journey began
My first fragrance. Unfortunately, I am getting less and less able to use it with all the perfumes I now own. Nevertheless, if you have the necessary change, it is a very good everyday scent. The shelf life is average. The fragrance intensifies but the more you spray, which I appreciate very much ^^
All in all, a good perfume.
10.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

Emorandeira
Fresh powdery iris for daily use
Iris is one of my favourite smells. This is a very nice option for summer or daily use. If you like Dior homme, for example, for nightout i recommend this to you for use during the day and with Hot weather. Iris is very noticeble but is mixed with neroli anr citrus notes which gives to the perfume a fresher vine. To me It is like mixing Dior homme and infusión d'homme. A great smell to go to the Office too. Good job from Prada although the intense versión isa bit better un performance
10.0 6.0 8.0 10.0/10

Bardh92
Something like "Graues´´". Grey Eleganz´´ hits the nail on the head.
Three years old now, the superstar of Prada. And I was one of those typical men who didn't give him the attention he deserved. I didn't even smell it and had prejudices because of the numerous internet reviews. I thought to myself: Aha, a soapy cleanerman's scent that is supposed to smell luxurious, come on, I have better options.´´ Well, then I tested it and found that it harmonizes as well with my skin as Boris Becker does with the broom closet! I wear collars every day, would call my look "freizeitchic´´" and Prada's superstar fits in perfectly. I love this fragrance because it emits a "grey Exzellenz´´, a silver rolex among fragrances. Aventus is more like a golden Rolex with diamonds, where you can't read the time because of all the glitter. Pradas L´Homme on the other hand is the reserved Womanizer who just gets everyone and doesn't have to brag about it. The women LOVE him on me and I got compliments like: you smell exactly the way you look! ´´ I thought that was nice. That women love a scent on me is decisive for whether I get it and from this I have ordered three Falkons.

7.0 6.0 8.0 8.5/10

SJreflection
the first fragrance description of a newbie about THE everyday fragrance
accordingly careful are my first steps here.
I'm wearing L'Homme myself right now and sitting at my desk, surrounded by a pleasant cloud of this powdery and yet not too heavy scents.

After the first spraying on, the fragrance still seemed to me very powerful, which in retrospect was perhaps rather due to my exuberant spraying on and not to the fragrance itself.
Now that the fragrance has had about 2-3 hours to develop on the skin, I think the initial freshness is giving way and making room for the ever stronger powdery, elegant impression that is so often told.

For me personally, this fragrance is versatile in everyday use and you always make a fresh and clean appearance without appearing too elegant or arrogant.

I am still very inexperienced as far as the world of fragrances is concerned, but I am of the opinion that most people smell rather fresh and fruity in everyday life or perceive these fragrances most likely and one therefore creates a certain variety among fellow human beings. At least that's how my experiences are with me in the office and in the environment. Could also be because my fellow men have just as little idea of scents as I do :D.

The first description of a fragrance and hopefully not the last.
10.0 6.0 8.0 10.0/10

Very pleasant and elegant
Prada L'homme is the first perfume I bought in this price range. No perfume has so far convinced me to spend more than 50 euros on one fragrance. I liked Prada L'homme so much that I couldn't get the scent out of my head for weeks. In the beginning it smells like fresh fabric softener and afterwards something luxurious or serious is added, which makes this fragrance a masterpiece. You feel really self-confident when you wear it, because this scent can never disturb you
9.0 5.0 5.0 9.0/10

Short love
One of my favourite fragrancesDNA´s unfortunately only lasts a maximum of 2 hours on my skin. I don't understand how many people here say a shelf life of 8 hours. Either it's a batch problem, or I'm just stupid. My fellow men can't smell it after 2 hours either.
10.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

Johz
No edges have only zeros?
You've really heard a lot about this fragrance. Maybe not as much as from a Sauvage or a La nuit de l`homme, but he is definitely present.

Theoretically it is enough to watch a video of the category "Most Complimented Fragrences" or "My Top Ten Scents" on YouTube and you can be sure that Prada L`Homme will be there. And yes, compliments will definitely not be lacking with this fragrance. You get beautiful comments on this fragrance, but not extraordinary. Why is that?

I think it's the known character of the fragrance. The freshness knows how to convince, but not to knock over. One will always smell good with it, but also never touch it, whether to touch it or to be very special, like it or not.

For me the flowery/powdery stands against this. You have to like to smell something flowery.
But the violet, the rose geranium and above all the iris also sets it apart from the classic shower gel fragrances for me and makes it something special and noble. Whereby I find also the durability and the Sillage better, than here mediated. The fragrance lasts up to 5 hours on my skin, which I find very good for a fresh fragrance, and spreads pleasantly in the room even in the first few hours. You can't overdo it with this fragrance, which is due to the pleasant freshness and the noble DNA.

In summary, the fragrance is very useful at any time and location, being particularly suitable for the office and warm weather. You just can't do anything wrong with it.
That's probably why he's so popular with this "YouTubern" and not just a zero.
10.0 6.0 8.0 9.0/10

PhillipFrag
My faithful companion in everyday life
I have been looking for a long time for a university / office fragrance. The requirements: Clean, not too pushy, but still perceptible. Of course, the shelf life should be right so that the fragrance lasts the whole working day. I've been looking for a long time. There were many candidates, but something was always not perfect for the office.
Then a friend of mine told me to test the Prada L'homme. The next time I was in town I took the opportunity to spray it on my wrist.
Wow, what can I say? I was directly convinced. A pludig, noble and professional smelling fragrance, which nevertheless brings a very fresh note, without bringing a biting citrus fruit. I'm a known iris fan, but my girlfriend doesn't go for that. That's why I didn't buy it first. When I was at home, however, I asked myself directly what fragrance I had on it, I would smell so "pleasantly present". So he also passed the test and that although she has rejected all other Iris scents so far.
When I was able to convince myself that the durability is also sufficient (of course not the very best, but still 5-6 hours perceptible on my skin) I decided spontaneously and bought the fragrance directly still. I haven't regretted it since. A lot of positive feedback and a pleasant start into the morning when I order it. Absolute buy recommendation. In my opinion, rather a summer / spring fragrance, but think it would also exist in winter. Even if I'd prefer someone else here
8.0 5.0 4.0 10.0/10

Fraqmental
The wolf in sheep's clothing
I have waited too long to get this wonderful fragrance for my collection, because I always thought it was too generic, too "normal", nothing special.
But now that Bleu de Chanel EdP became too boring for me for the office, because I always wore it, I overcame myself and got this fragrance directly together with the "Intense" Flanker.

Well, what can I say, as inconspicuous as this fragrance is, simply because it pleases everyone and doesn't get on anyone's nerves, as great as it is. Great not because it only smells so lala and has a scent DNA that doesn't attack anyone but is nothing special, but because every time this scent comes to my nose, I am afflicted by such a well-being as it is rarely the case
It is such a noble freshness that it literally frees my entire airways when I take a nose of it. Prada l'homme for me is simply elegance, seriousness, freshness & pure energy. For me also the smell DNA is not to be smelled at every 2nd corner because it was copied so often, but simply something special. When I apply this fragrance I just feel extremely clean, freshly showered, energetic, upscale. I would only wear this scent casually to a limited extent, not because it would be out of place, but for me Prada l'homme simply embodies a certain kind of elegance, which I find better worn on a shirt or suit than in a sweater.
For me it is simply the perfect office fragrance so far, I haven't found a better one yet. He already provided one or the other head-turner and I didn't get a single bad comment yet. It can also be sprayed over, so it is relatively difficult to apply too much of it.
The only negative thing about it for me is its durability. The projection is not very big but good, you don't want it in the office anyway. But also concerning the durability, it's simply over with me after max. 4 hours, I just have to reapply But I could get over this drop of melancholy so far, when I smell the noble iris note in this fragrance, it's like a little dog puppy softening you with the dachshund look - you can forgive such a thing.
10.0 9.0 8.0 10.0/10

The clean all-rounder
The title says it all here. The fragrance is very versatile. I have worn it successfully with a suit, as well as casually with a T-shirt and everything in between. The fragrance is always perfect, even if you are wearing white or simply clean and simple.
The fragrance is just as versatile with the seasons. You can wear it all year round and it just always fits.
The only limitation for me would be the time of day, the scent clearly works better during the day.
Now I have talked so much about the variety, there the smell itself comes almost too briefly.
So the fragrance has an incredibly clean, sometimes almost soapy, iris note that everything revolves around. The fragrance is simply clean clean clean. Like a sparkling noble soap that reflects a certain elegance. That's why it's so versatile. From a suit to a simply clean white T-shirt. He's just worthy of a signature scent.
I can recommend everyone to give this fragrance a chance. Spray once on both wrists and let it take effect. You simply feel the natural noble components.
With regard to the performance, I must say that it is also slightly above average. The fragrance doesn't last forever, but it already lasts 5-6 hours on my skin. And during the first 2 hours he also makes himself well noticeable. It is also not in the interest of this fragrance to have a much more attention-grabbing performance.
Elegance isn't pushy, just like this fragrance
8.0 6.0 6.0 10.0/10

Special Man
A great fragrance that I don't wear very often so as not to get used to it too much, neither myself nor others. Whenever I apply it, a feeling of elegance and exquisite flows through me, which I hardly perceive in any other fragrance in this way. I think the combination of Iris and Neroli is so well balanced here that my nose is always enthusiastic and torn down. You feel clean, fresh and very fragrant. I would classify him in the category unisex and really suitable for both sexes equally. Powdery yes, but very well dosed, not intrusive and exactly at the point.

It is also very special, apart from the different flankers of this series. The original remains the original, and it is not so easy to knock it off the throne. For me, a Headturner you don't necessarily smell at every corner. I also think the Intense version is great, but it lacks the freshness and lightness of the original, which I appreciate so much.

The sillage or projection is rather mediocre. You have to get a bit closer to the person to perceive him, but that doesn't always have to be bad ;-). It looks similar, and that in this case unfortunately, with the durability - I would like him to accompany me a little longer through the day. But from the fragrance point of view for me the absolute hammer with the highest note. A little stronger Sillage and durability would be a wish - perhaps there comes something from Prada...
10.0 7.0 9.0 10.0/10

Fine spirit
I would like to spare him another analysis.

The bottle is made for the hand, it doesn't have to bend.
Due to the lack of flashy colors and shapes, the eye also takes it as pleasant.

This fragrance is pleasantly quiet, it doesn't yell at me and says: "Here I am!"

It surrounds me with a breath that is perceptible to my environment, perhaps, briefly in passing. In light scent waves, he communicates.
The gentleman among fragrances, helpful, but he doesn't impose himself.
He doesn't take and leaves room for many things.

I wear this scent for myself and for those who come nearer to me.
He's a part of it
9.0 8.0 9.0 10.0/10

DermüdeJoe
Feel-good oasis
The Prada L'Homme first ran entirely under my radar.
After I noticed him, I wanted to test him. I did it said it and it didn't stop there. I didn't even have to test for long. In principle, it had happened to me immediately. I couldn't let go of this fragrance and immediately ordered the 100 ml bottle, as a great offer had just opened up for it.
L'Homme is one of my absolute favourite fragrances. It is also not bad that it does not change greatly in the course of fragrance, but remains very linear. It's more that I appreciate that about him. At the beginning the iris note unfolds immediately, which flattens a bit but never disappears. Very pleasant, if you like iris scents. It is a great interplay of all fragrances. And in fact, it smells like freshly washed. I feel like he's literally flattering me. I just feel really comfortable wearing it.
The durability is super with me for such a fresh and clean smell and keeps loosely its 8 hours. The Sillage is a little weaker, but it is nevertheless well perceptible.
I really like the bottle with its rounded glass and the leather back. He looks very noble and chic.
Noble also applies to the fragrance on this occasion. Oh, I'm starting to rave again... :-)
L'Homme is a fragrance I wouldn't want to miss in my collection anymore.
Therefore clear recommendation to buy.
9.0 7.0 7.0 8.5/10

Fresh & Clean with a Luxury Sharpness
This fragrance smells extremely good. Very nice iris combined with fresh and soapie vibe. Pretty pricy though.It smells pretty expensive. I decided to buy it last month. It was something with this fragrance that always made me come back to smell it more and more. Performance could have been better. Too bad that it stays only 5-6 hours on my skin with moderate projection for 1.5 hours. After 4.5/5 hours dies down already into a skin scent. Great pick for the office, great pick for a lunch with friends, wearing a nice polo shirt. I think this baby should be picked only for spring/summer and you should be dressed at least semi elegant.
Being so subtle, compliments will not come that easy but when you are noticed, you won’t escape without a nice compliment.
Overall rating : 7.5/10.
8.0 8.0 9.0 8.5/10

DarkWinterCS
Washing machine freshness for spraying on
I never thought you could smell fresh out of the washing machine with a scent. By a fragrance recommendation I became attentive to this smell, since my collection consisted rather of autumn and winter smells, which I had extended only within the last months somewhat.
Now I came to the above smell. It took me some time to identify what was pouring into my nose. Especially if you had fresh scents before, which have emitted these typical citrus notes. A new kind of freshness, but one that inspired me. Since I already have the Valentino Uomo Intense in my collection, I knew roughly what the iris will give to its best in this fragrance as well. I was not disappointed in any way.
Now for the description of what awaits you here. The obvious thing is in the effect of all the notes that the perfume smells like freshly washed laundry. However, not like the new-fashioned laundry fragrances, but those which were washed without all these perfume additives. Accordingly, the iris does its work in perfect power to fire out. The whole thing is then complemented by light pepper notes, which give the fragrance a little more strength and increase both intensity and longevity. In order not to dance completely out of line and to create the fragrance for the masses, a touch of wood is added after a few minutes, which finally rounds off the fragrance and makes it soft.

The bottom line is that this fragrance is a wonderful companion for the daily spring and summer day. Both at work and in leisure time. Because besides the fresh and powdery impression it gives you the feeling of being luxuriously on the road. So maybe you don't have to wear the slobber look if you're wearing this scent

Emorandeira 120 days ago
Good for iris lover to a daily use or as an Office scent. The mixture with neroli and critis notes gives a different vibe good for summer.
10.0
DoctorJay 9 months ago
Never thought Id like a powdery scent. But... Ill be.
JoaoMartins 9 months ago
Nice and pleasant. Clean! Although I got sick of it too quickly.+2
5.0
Xanthon 12 months ago
If you can't smell beautiful, what's the point? Skip this! Nothing unique about this one - soapy and waxy. Ugh! boring.+4
5.0
Rocendroll 14 months ago
[Tak] Zajebisty. Rześki, świeży, ciepły, miły w czuciu, wręcz artystyczny.+1
6.0
6.0
KLewis 15 months ago
Clean, soapy scent but still remains masculine.+1
Carlitos01 18 months ago
Sometimes hype causes deception. L'Homme is a very nice fragrance but similar to other soapy/iris perfums. Overated and overpriced.+5
Odysseus 3 years ago
The opening reminds me of good old fashioned pink Double-Bubble gym. Sweet, powdery, pleasant. Not very original or groundbreaking but nice.+3

Instagram: sergey4us
by DarkWinterCS
by Oldish2002
by Oldish2002

Popular Prada

L'Homme by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2007) by Prada Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Candy (Eau de Parfum) by Prada Infusion d'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Luna Rossa (Eau de Toilette) by Prada L'Homme Intense by Prada Prada (2004) / Prada Amber by Prada Prada L'Eau Ambrée by Prada Luna Rossa Extreme by Prada Infusion d'Iris Absolue by Prada Infusion de Fleur d'Oranger by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Toilette) by Prada La Femme by Prada Luna Rossa Black by Prada Infusion de Vétiver (2010) by Prada Amber pour Homme Intense by Prada Infusion d'Iris Cèdre by Prada Infusion d'Amande by Prada Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada