L'Homme Intense (2017)

L'Homme Intense by Prada

L'Homme Intense is a popular perfume by Prada for men and was released in 2017. The scent is powdery-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Puig.

Daniela Andrier

Iris, Amber, Patchouli, Tonka bean

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 18.11.2019

The faces of the advertising campain are actors Ansel Elgort and Dane DeHaan.

10.0 9.0 9.0 6.5/10

The wrong kind sweet
First of all I would like to comment on the Die-Hard fan of Dior Homme, Dior Homme Intense, Herod, La Nuit de L'Homme, TF Extreme, F*cking Fabulous and everything else that is sweet and good. ;)

I like well made sweet scents, I can be nice powdery or gourmandig, - but I don't have to. But it must be well balanced, and yet interesting and pleasant to smell.

And here I would like to throw myself at the description of my personal impression of L'Homme Intense by Prada.

I liked the EdT "L'Homme" right away, and it's a fixed part of my collection, even my favorite fragrances, which are worn quite often.
A great sweet, valuable soap / powder scent, typical Prada, but modern and really perfect.
In a weak moment I tried the then new L'Homme Intense in the shop and bought it. Although I had such a gut feeling that it seemed to me somehow overmodulated. But I thought it would be awesome if I liked the EdT so much.
Unfortunately, the gut feeling is almost always right...

I've tried it every now and then for months now. Intense is just too sweet to me, speak, sweet in the wrong way. A slightly leathery, almost fruity sweetness. Where others think they like it because it's not as powdery or dusty as Dior Homme (Intense) or Valentino Uomo (Intense), I miss something like this as a counterweight to weave the sweetness into an odorous carpet that I find pleasant in the long run.

If I like something leathery-sweet, I'd rather take something that has a wicked flap, or somehow brings in the masculine (or bitter / rough) aspect.
For example, John Varvato's Dark Rebel. Here the sweet aspect is never exhausting, although enriched with rum! There is simply enough counterweight to keep the ship from shaking.

Although I recognize a certain perfection in L'Homme Intense that can also be appreciated, it is not a perfume for me that I can wear with pleasure. The Drydown annoys me even more, because there even more of the foundation of the fragrance is lost, and it reduces even more to this too funny sweet core component.
The EdT is simply unbeatable for me in this series, you can hardly improve that.

That's why I'm going to sell the bottle, although I'm sure I feel funny about it, - it's a really good and beautifully made product.

As L'Homme or soap scent fan, or lover of sweet scents, absolutely test. But for me, Prada shot past his target somewhere around here.
6.0 8.0 10.0 7.5/10

Paradise Valley.
City of art. Neon scenery in a hell of the pleasure addiction, which developed on the drawing board. Cyborg Romance. Bright as a whistle and highly polished in yesterday's filth. Untouched and unapproachable. A space glider mills its way through the night and whirls up fine stardust that glitters on the matte skin.

Affection as a hologram in the dark. Sex behind frosted glass. It's non-binding. Gestellt. On top. Zeitgeist to the beat of the movements. Joy and euphoria in the sparse reality of technical achievement. A fragrance for all hedonists in Paradise Valley. You are what your evening brings. Drag Queen, sex slave, CEO head of sales, lost soul in the arms of an endless orgy amidst the damnation of boundless selfishness and suicidal thoughts early in the morning.

We celebrate and celebrate ourselves. Our best smile. White vest and bright white teeth. Minimalist and pure. Bright blue eyes reflecting the boundless glass of the megacity. Cold and beyond doubt.

Floating particles of a sweet memory of yesterday's makeup. Dark blue glittering. Crystallized in digital synthesis of minor and major. A scent like cocaine and evil awakening in one breath. Pure cyberiris dissolved in ambroxan and trapped in floating patchouli drops. A hint of mint reminds us of the volatility of this night.

"Dior homme intense" for tomorrow's sex. In bright white bed linen. Clean, discreet, nameless. Liberated from sex and the construct of old habits. Free like a bird in the fucking night. We, alone in Paradise Valley. A look into the stars from which yesterday's dust trickles. Sparkling in the sky of eternal night from boundless lust and the end of all days behind it.

7.0 8.0 8.0/10

DarkWinterCS
Dirty powder or Prada L´Homme gets wicked. Lacquer & leather wherever the eye goes.
Prada L´Homme Intense - as mentioned in my statement or headline another fragrance. A fragrance that his brother from 2016 tries to repress, but becomes interesting for other situations.
Through a nice perfume member I got this great fragrance. The first time I sprayed it on, I was a little surprised. It has a different kind of powderiness in it, which continues what the normal L´Homme has left behind. While the normal L´Homme looks rather clean, elegant and serious, it cleans up just to throw itself into the next pit or to spend a weekend in the Lack&Leder Club.
In addition to the powderiness that characterises this Prada series, there is a smokiness, a light spice and a vanilla note that is simply very interesting and different. When I smell it with my eyes closed, I even perceive this mixture as menthol. So a little as a sweet version of a cold bath. This is not meant to be negative, because everything fits together very harmoniously.

I would also wear the scent in other situations than the normal version. The L´Homme is a clean man smell, which is very good on work and for everyday situations. The Intense version is more for the summer twilight or spring/autumn. In the warm summer this will become a little too much, because after some time the vanilla / tonka bean becomes very present and already presses on the tube. That can be a little too much for a change.

The shelf life and silage is quite tidy. Definitely stronger than the L´Homme, because it is also a bit more discreet. So one comes gladly over the evening thereby.

In comparison to the Valentino Uomo Intense - which is often bred here - I would tend towards the Valentino. It looks even more valuable and elegant to me. In addition, the tonka bean at L´Homme Intense is a little too much for me. If it were a little more discreet, the rating would be a little better. It's definitely worth a test.
9.0 9.0 10.0 9.0/10

This one is epic
It’s like Carolina Men Prive on steroids; it smells like a great leather that slowly melts into an awesome vanilla/tonka/lavender vibe. It has an absolutely awesome sillage, and the longevity is epic (easily 8+ hours on my skin) I’m happy I picked this one up.
8.0 9.0 10.0 9.5/10

Why I like it better than the Valentino Uomo Intense
I'll say it very clearly at the beginning. That iris fragrance from Prada surprised me. I decided to wait for the delivery bottlenecks at the Valentino Uomo Intense at the online shop where I ordered, but in the meantime I had become curious when I was made aware of the Prada in the forum.

It is the beginning, as we also find in Dior Homme Intense or Valentino Uomo Intense - iris-heavy, slightly stinging, scratchy. But with this fragrance, that subsides very, very quickly. The iris remains, but is not as present as in the Valentino. Instead, Patchouli immediately joins it, giving this fragrance a masculine aura. Together with the amber and the tonka bean the whole thing results in a beautiful sweet-spicy note with a slightly powdery background, which makes this fragrance more wearable than the consistently very iris-dominant Uomo Intense, which is still accompanied by vanilla and leather, but which can still hit the mind hard.
The Prada is a clean man who is linear, but by no means boring. It is much more flexible to wear than the other two fragrances I have just mentioned. It can even be integrated into everyday working life - something I wouldn't dare do with Valentino.
I was also amazed by the enormous durability of the Prada. This one lasts longer with me than the Valentino Uomo Intense - attention, this one or the other could feel as funny. Sprayed on at 3 p.m., he was still quite easy to hear even the next morning at 9 a.m., which was no longer the case with Valentino, who has a brutal sillage over the period in which he sticks to his body. But this Sillage is exactly what you have to like. But the Sillage of Prada is by no means weak and one can be sure that one is sufficiently perceived for the first four to five hours.
I'm noting: A great fragrance that has a little darkness and is much more flexible than its scent relatives and shines with an outstanding durability.

My conclusion: The Valentino Uomo Intense is cancelled and the Prada is allowed to move in. It simply suits me better and my everyday life at university and at work. Good that there is perfume, because without this page I would not have had it on the screen at all.
10.0 7.0 9.0 9.5/10

Also for women ...
who like it sweet (I only feel it slightly powdery if at all) but don't want to bathe in a tub full of fruit salad wrapped in girlish cotton candy.
The slight astringency suits me perfectly, especially now in autumn / winter.
For women who know what and who they want a real firecracker. Shelf life good 9 hours at me with pleasant Sillage.
The bottle - a dream ...
I almost would have written : The bottle - a dream and color matching to my soul
8.0 8.0 8.0 8.5/10

What a clean man!
The intense version seemed more true to me than the normal one, so let's go....

The fragrance begins creamy, slightly floral and discreetly sweet. The creaminess remains present until the end, as well as discreetly the floweriness.
The iris is clearly out to smell what I find totally good. Not much changes from beginning to end, which I think is also good.
But there are many comments about the fragrance:-)

I also think the performance is good. Loose 10h on the skin.

Sillage: really strong for the first few hours, until it slowly becomes very close in the 4-5 hour.
History:

I am on a cold day with my girlfriend on a huge field towards the house. The sun is shining discreetly.
We meet many beautiful flowers that have such an attractive charisma that our eyes turn to them.
After some time we take a break, because we want to see the beauty of the surroundings and are hungry at the same time.
We take a break, enjoy the surroundings and hold on close to the cuddle. So beautiful...
After a short break we continue until we meet a village where there are many little aunt Emma shops. There are many creamy delicacies there. A dream...

After about 11 hours we arrived home and fall asleep together with beautiful memories.

Rating
Scent:8,5-10
Shelf life: 8,5-10
Sillage:8-10

Best regards
9.0 8.0 9.0 8.5/10

He's just got something
This fragrance has been in my interest for some time now. I have to say, for this iris note I could hardly find favor at the beginning. But after a few tests my enthusiasm for this fragrance was aroused. About Dior Homme, Valentino Uomo and Prada
L'Homme (all as Intense-variant) I found my favorite, the Prada. Later I bought VUI.

As soon as the perfume dries on the skin, I can see the iris note. But I also notice a spicy note. Together it gives me a leathery-spicy scent for the man. Many find him too cute. I can't quite confirm that. DHI and VUI I understand there clearly sweeter and they seem thereby also more feminine. But they're still good. Towards the end, L'Homme Intense becomes a little quieter, the spiciness diminishes and a strikingly sweet scent remains.
It holds up very well with me, I would claim about 8 hours, and in the first two you are also surrounded by a strong scent cloud.
I would like to wear this perfume only on colder days in autumn and in winter. I think it is also suitable for warmer temperatures, but only in the evening. Very suitably I would find an outfit with leather jacket to the fragrance.
The bottle is also beautiful, it is heavy and lies well in the hand. The black colour also goes well with the fragrance.
A very successful fragrance, for me the best from Prada
7.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

That's better!
I have tested a few days ago yes the EDT and could not perceive this yes felt after 2 min any more. For that I had to put in here at the beginning, but what else am I supposed to say, if that's the way it is. So I was all the more excited about the EDP and whether I would have the same effect or whether I would smell and perceive it. Today I drove to Karstadt near me and sprayed myself with 3 splashes of Prada L`homme Intense. First I smelled the powdery iris, then I didn't smell much. It took 5 minutes until I was out again and in the fresh air and in the sun the scent suddenly unfolded.
I could perceive him well and he flattered me. He's not very strong, but he's always present. Again and again the breath of the iris, the tonka bean and the patchouli appears.

Now almost 6h have passed and it is still perceptible. All in all, a fragrance that really envelops you lightly, is very pleasant to wear and smells delicious. It doesn't go through many changes in my nose, remains very linear which I find completely ok with this fragrance. Normally I find fragrances more exciting when they change, but here I find that quite good.

If I buy it I don't know yet, because I want to test the Valentino Uomo Intense and also the new Gentlemen Givenchy. However, this is the first time that it is shortlisted.

Sejano 22 days ago
Better than PH. More elegant, mature and rotund with leather note. Excellent sillage and longevity. Powdery style with class. Recomended
9.0
9.0
10.0
JoaoMartins 10 months ago
Overrated.
Jazzy76 15 months ago
Dark but not too masculin or oriental. Quite powdery-soapy, instead. Noticeable the iris. an inusual scent for a modern man. Very classy+1

by Achilles
by eBOSS
by Integral
by Integral

Popular Prada

L'Homme by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2007) by Prada Candy (Eau de Parfum) by Prada Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Infusion d'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Luna Rossa (Eau de Toilette) by Prada L'Homme Intense by Prada Prada (2004) / Prada Amber by Prada Prada L'Eau Ambrée by Prada Luna Rossa Extreme by Prada Infusion d'Iris Absolue by Prada Infusion de Fleur d'Oranger by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Toilette) by Prada La Femme by Prada Luna Rossa Black by Prada Infusion de Vétiver (2010) by Prada Amber pour Homme Intense by Prada Infusion d'Iris Cèdre by Prada Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada Infusion d'Amande by Prada