L'Homme Intense 2017

L'Homme Intense by Prada
Top 37 in Men's Perfume
L'Homme Intense is a popular perfume by Prada for men and was released in 2017. The scent is powdery-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Puig. Pronunciation

Daniela Andrier

Iris, Amber, Patchouli, Tonka bean

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 24.02.2021.

The faces of the advertising campain are actors Ansel Elgort and Dane DeHaan.

Basti87
Significantly darker than its predecessors
To conclude the Prada L'Homme series with comments follows a comment on the Intense. The original and the L'Eau are true grenades in my eyes and this is also in its field of application a big one. The most beautiful is in my opinion the L'Eau and the best clearly the original EdT, because this is always applicable and delivers with bombastic performance. In addition, this is terrific and you are often asked about it. For me, a must-have, but also worth the two flankers. Each of these fragrances is in my opinion in its field of application a top choice.

Zugeschlagen I have at the end of last year at a discount campaign and this I have almost outrageously cheap. Qualitatively, this series can easily keep up with niche fragrances. One gets a very noble fragrance qualitatively extremely high. Familiar quality of Daniela Andrier.
Where Intense is on it is not always Intense in it. The original is in my eyes already Intense and perfect sillage and durability. Better this fragrance is also not, but similarly good. I find this Intense in DNA and Sillage a little more restrained, but also nobler and suitable for serious evening / night activities. I guess the Intense stands for it being an EdP. So it says at least at the bottom of my bottle.
From the flanker name, it could have been called Black or Night. The color of this beautiful bottle matches the fragrance perfectly. The bottle is beautiful. The range has great Prada worthy bottles. This one in black looks particularly classy.
As I said, this Intense offers a great contrast to the rather cheerful original. Nevertheless, it is never too heavy despite Tonka. I particularly like this fragrance that he is kept minimalist. Small fragrance pyramid without great development and without much SchnickSchnack. Sometimes less is more and fits quite well. You get a big load of gritty patchouli paired with this classy powdery iris. A little amber and a lot of tonka, you're done. The tonka is not too sweet and seems classy and rounds out this iris patchouli nicely. Especially in the drydown the tonka is extremely active and towards the end it gets really sensual again. Much course he has nevertheless not and one can not divide this in head-heart-base.
Performance is very good. Especially the durability, which is double-digit. The sillage of the EdT I find better. This of the Intense is but also very good and sprays a noble impression.
By this rather gloomy and sensual appearance for me rather a fragrance for the dark, especially night. Everyday suitability he has but also by his noble serious appearance. In addition, it fits better with a black outfit in my opinion. Whether the black tight shirt, the black wool sweater or even in a suit. Color of the flacon is program.

If you want to have only one of this series: Take the EdT. Who wants to have an evening / night fragrance with Prada L'Homme DNA: Take this also. The whole series is really great, in addition almost outrageously cheap, especially with discount codes.
Office boy with Batman mask
After my beloved bottle of the OG "Prada L'Homme" unfortunately went empty, but I was and am a big fan of the fragrance, replacement wanted here. Since I was not allowed to call any of the flanker so far my own, I decided to try one of these. Basically, let's preface this by saying that as a lover of iris scents in general and clean-distanced Prada elegance in particular, I had little doubt that I would like the "Intense" quite a bit - and boy, was I right.

One-two words about the packaging: Who knows the "Prada - L'Homme" flacon, also knows that of "Intense", with the only difference that this was colored black. I think it looks great and fits the fragrance, the dark glass just makes reading the level a little difficult, which could probably meet with mixed feelings. All in all, the Prada typical elegant understatement is present in the flacon and packaging, which is also consistent in relation to the fragrance.

Enough around that, let's talk about the fragrance. The opening makes it clear where the "L'Homme" in the name comes from, as there is no denying a clear resemblance to the original. A clean powdery iris determines for me the first few minutes after spraying on, which however already comes across a bit darker and heavier than the original, which here sets fresher, lighter accents with citrus (floral) notes. As it progresses, "Intense" sets itself apart from the other versions of "L'Homme" once again, because the patchouli that becomes more and more prevalent gives "Intense" a mysterious, dark aspect, which for me steers the aura of the fragrance in a significantly different direction than the original. Where "L'Homme" is pleasing and bright, "Intense" is more mysterious, doesn't let you see its cards so easily. Where the original seems to say "I have nothing to hide!" the intense brother takes more of a "I am more than meets the eye" approach. For me, this difference has implications mostly for deciding on the appropriate occasion for the two scents. For me, the "Intense" is by its mysterious-dark notes and by the heavier and sweeter appearance rather something for evenings to go away (best in the Tuxedo to the casino) and therefore has in any case a right to exist next to the other versions of "L'Homme".

What's left to say at the end is that I just really like the fragrance. Since the understatet-Prada-clean-elegance meets heavy and mysterious notes and makes the whole for me a great fragrance experience. Who stands on the original and fragrances such as Dior Homme Intense, the colleague should definitely take a look
Earthquake
The one with the white vest...
Good old Prada L'Homme...
A fragrance without rough edges...a flawless fragrance... just the, with the white vest!

Yes, where would we men be without Prada L'Homme? Probably still dwelling in caves and hunting mammoths....but all joking aside. :D

The Prada L'Homme Intense smells exactly like the Prada L'Homme in my opinion. Just...more intense?! Pooh, the inscription has so already times not too much promised...but is that now rather positive or negative to consider?
Well, the truth is probably as always somewhere in between, because like everything in life is also this important life question, a pure matter of opinion.

Shortly after spraying on, I can understand it already, that so some can feel the intense opening as unpleasant and many think "Oh my God, but that is strong" !
Personally, I must say that the opening does not bother me so extremely, especially since the intensity after about 15 minutes clearly decreases.
After 15 minutes, you have virtually the "normal" Prada L'Homme fragrance, just longer lasting, as the non-intens variant.

In my opinion, you get the Intense so a longer lasting fragrance throughout the day, for a relatively small price premium.

The scent itself is not too strong after the "ablking time" of 15 minutes and just as clean, high quality as the non-Intense variant.

Can both fragrances only warmly recommend, as both are good, high-quality soap fragrances, which are unlikely to tick off anywhere so quickly. Has what of "the nice work colleague, where you are happy when he goes past you in the office"....
The Prada L'Homme also gives you the property that police officers automatically classify you as innocent, even if you have previously robbed a bank.... ( Please do not try) ;D

So who is looking for a high-quality soap scent, which is accompanied by an indescribably beautiful iris note, should strike here...whether Intense or non-intense variant is probably a pure matter of taste.

In this sense, on the white vest !
Saschanwg
Win ChupaChups lollipop that tickles your nose
Joop Homme! was my first thought when my work colleague smelled this fragrance here. After a short clarification I had to test it on me!

I hear over the entire course of the fragrance a pleasant sweetness, which comes along with a let's say "semi-spicy" tone.
It reminds me somehow of the red Joop Homme of "earlier"- only that Prada Intense dür me more masculine smells ( despite sweetness).

Who likes as a man fragrances that smell sweet but masculine (the durability is great) should test this one absolutely, you will not regret it! :-)
Prada L'Homme Intense
Another offshoot in the "Intense" section of a fragrance that I never had in the original, or simply skipped it.
Prada L'homme is not the first and certainly not the last fragrance I'm going to go for. Since several other fragrances I am mostly enthusiastic about the Intense versions. But there are also exceptions.
And that's when we arrived at Prada L'Homme intense.

I must confess right at the beginning that I like the fragrance in and of itself very much. Cardamom, patchouli and iris in a combo? Yes, give it to me The fragrance smells as if it should be placed between Dior Homme Intense and Jean Paul Gaultier's Le Male Le Parfum. Delicious, creamy, a little spicy. Smells noble. Smells like a perfume that cries out for love, romance and world love imbued with a youthful spirit. A noble spirit of discovery. He doesn't have to, but he can be anytime Or?

And, as other users have pointed out, I'm not quite sure I agree with that myself. I would like to use this fragrance more often, but I don't know if it has what it takes. And in general, PLI is playing in the fragrance league further up the ladder, and with other fragrances that I love, I go by the average rating So I struggled a little bit with myself to write a comment. In this sense Prada is here in a longer lasting test. In terms of price, about 60,- Euro are not too much for a successful EDP. There it would be in the right category.
But he doesn't really want to get started somehow. Like a racehorse who thinks that the grass around the edge is much more interesting than racing for the biped. Rocket start and then first on comfortable, as if you were 1986
And here I ask myself whether the large packaging is supposed to compensate for something? Maybe I'm just too cynical?
Hard to promise.

And it's not even a faint scent. He just doesn't have the endurance and range that I think he should have.
But I also know that I have a tendency to lay it on thick. Maybe I underestimated that about myself. There are scents that don't make you fat. Then 2+3 is not 5, but it relativizes itself a bit and becomes 3.5. Maybe it is one of those fragrances where this effect occurs?
Quite a few people suggest that their own nose would fade out this fragrance, because the scent is very intense. I have also heard about this phenomenon. But with other intensive scents, my nose does not get tired. Or is it the Dior Homme effect, as in the new Dior Homme? Scent first very present. Then suddenly it disappears, only to return later by force ?
Sometimes very difficult to judge how this fragrance wants to work.

I promise that I will stay on the ball and, if necessary, add a note to my comment, which can then point to any improvements in my relationship with Prada L'Homme Intense.

As it stands now, it is actually a horny scent, but unfortunately with too little power. There must be more simply more in it.

MfG
TheOrange78
Marcelowitch
After a short time, I'm unrecognizable...
After spraying it on, it is very reminiscent of the original. After wearing it for a short time it develops more sweet and some leather. All in all I find the fragrance really beautiful. Unfortunately I can't smell it after about 1 hour and I really have the feeling that I didn't apply it... so I will stick with the one purchase and get the original for next summer.
4.5
MichaNase
Two fragrances that do not become one
In search of an office fragrance I also souped up Prade L'Homme Intense. Like the heavier of the two siblings, because: You want to try something brave.

When it was his turn to test it, I sprayed it on my wrist and was immediately killed by a cloud of scent. Pretty intense little guy. For me the scent consists of two different chords: On the one hand I smell powdery, underlaid with a synthetic-floral sweetness, on the other hand woods, which change again and again between tobacco and "dirty" leather, although I don't see any woods in the pyramid of scents now.

Both in itself quite ok, but in combination (subjectively) totally unpleasant. For me the whole thing seems inharmonious and even causes a slight nausea. The whole thing just doesn't want to come together for me, because my nose wants to separate the two chords. And since I don't want to smell like "dirty soap", I continue with the search for a scent for the office.
Salva
The fine, noble and glamorous groom
Hello dear friends,

after a certain time, in which I could wear this fragrance now, I would like to present you my view of the things to this Beau.

When was the very first time that thing blew up my nose? Well, it was at the beginning of this year, and I was blown away...

It was just after the Christmas holidays at Amsterdam airport. Together with my partner we spent a few days in this beautiful city right at the beginning of the new year. Before the flight back home we strolled a little through the duty free to test the one or other scent (well, actually only my better half... I was not really a fragrance lover at that time...).

When we left the shop again, I noticed a gentleman; extremely handsome and chic at the same time. Light grey three-piece suit, pink tie, white handkerchief, brown leather monkstraps, business suitcase, travelling alone...
"He looks like he's waiting for his bride in a wedding dress," I thought... Looking a little bored around, but then running towards duty-free. Passing us, he left this wonderful Sillage... "Mmm..." I turned to him and thought: "You not only look good, you smell fucking phenomenal!" My partner noticed the whole thing, grinning and just shaking her head... I was so curious and wanted to know what this guy was wearing... So I went back to the duty free and just asked him...
"Excuse me Sir, you smell fantastic. What is it?"
"It's by Prada."
"Only Prada?"
"No Sir, it's called Prada L'Homme Intense."
[...]

Well, I already knew about the regular Prada L'Homme or had heard of it, but as a newcomer in the fragrance world at that time, I had not yet seen an Intense version...
As soon as I arrived home, I simply ordered it blind; I didn't even want to follow up on reading a few reviews and ratings. I would be absolutely convinced that he would smell wonderful on me and that I already loved him after this unique smell...

The scent also arrived a few days later and I immediately sprayed myself with it; neck, back of the neck, back of the head, shirt, wrists... felt nothing left out... When my partner came home, her comment was not long in coming: "That's not you who smells so wonderful here, is it? My smile was her answer...

What does he smell like? So mMn this scent matched the gentleman at the airport as well as the well-known fist in the eye. It is a fragrance for the groom. A fragrance for really special occasions.

The powdery iris is right at the start and says: "Here I am, and I'm staying there too!" From the top note to the base, it's present. Adding to this, the finely sweet tonka bean and sensual sandalwood, one of my favourite notes, complete the dominant powdery-sweet, noble and glamorous aura that surrounds this wonderful fragrance. Discreetly in the background I can perceive some woody notes; I think it must be the patchouli, which gives it that certain something and is the icing on the cake.

Conclusion:
In the meantime I have tested or at least smelled all Prada fragrances known to me, but for me personally this one is the very best Prada! It radiates elegance and luxury like hardly any other designer.
I only wear it in the evening when I go out or for special occasions in general, as it is simply too good for everyday life.
The durability and silage are very good on my skin; stays on me great 7-8h and projects very strongly in the first 3h.
This one is one of those few fragrances I will probably wear forever...
[...]

And I hope as always, you had fun reading :) Wish you something else then!

VG, Salva
Perfect for the evening
I'm a very big fan of this perfume. The sweetness of the tonka bean comes out very well and is intense. In my opinion it can be used for many occasions (but best for evening occasions). However, I must also warn you that this fragrance is really very sweet. Not all men are enthusiastic about such sweet scents.
Conclusion: A very successful perfume which appeals to different age groups.
Silverstream
Ingenious - but where is the leather?
Ingenious - but where's the leather!

Much has already been written about Prada's "L`Homme" and his more powerful partner "Intense" and again and again we hear about a "leather note" in this context.

So it is not surprising that I also expected the same leather note when I first "tasted" the Intense version.

Let's make it short: Obviously there is something wrong with my nose, because I am not able to sniff anything that reminds me even remotely of leather or its derivatives. If you feel the same way as I do (all the others too, of course) please let me know in the comments and contribute to my salvation :-)

To the fragrance: First of all - I love him! As a prelude, my nose first perceives the well-known and wonderfully pure and noble iris note, which in this form is apparently only available from Prada. However, it is by all means less bold than in the "normal" version of Prada L`Homme. The transparent freshness and the accompanying citrus chord recede somewhat, although they remain latently present. The fragrance is denser and more compressed, richer and more distinctive.

Nevertheless, a solid basic freshness remains throughout, so that I can imagine "L'Homme Intense" in any case also in spring and on warm summer evenings. The autumn should also be a good time to wear it. In winter, it is certainly very well conceivable indoors - e.g. in the office - since the Intense version should not scare anyone away for my taste if dosed appropriately. Whereby exceptions are known to confirm the rule.

In the further course of the fragrance, a pleasant sweetness is added from the background, which at no time overtaxes or harasses the wearer and his environment. The basic freshness remains, while a spicy sweetness gains space.

Now a note is gradually emerging whose description causes me the most headaches and seems to be the one that is generally interpreted as a leather note. After a lot of back and forth, I have decided to describe it as follows: I perceive spicy maple syrup with a shot of cola! Please do not be irritated by the noun "syrup". Syrupy sweet is by no means the scent! If you have ever eaten maple syrup, please think of the sweetness as far away as possible and concentrate on the aromatic-spicy flavour of this brew. Now add the sparkling and again fresh-sweet-spicy scent of a well-chilled cola
This Maple-Cola note combined with the base note explained above gives me "Prada L`Homme Intense". Of course, I am aware that it is only possible to express scent impressions verbally to a very limited extent, but I hope that one or the other can identify with the description - or perhaps see it completely, completely differently.

BRUTBRUT 26 days ago
It's a totally unisex fragrance that I love to wear in summer and winter. It gives me a sense of wellbeing.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 2 months ago
The dark version of Prada L'Homme. Powdery, sweet, floral, a bit leathery. A soapy clean iris scent with a creamy tonka bean.
EinsteinvEinsteinv 2 months ago
Dark flowers and tonka, lasts forever. Very different from the original L'Homme. Elegant and refined, not for casual wear.
Oldish2002Oldish2002 3 months ago
One of the best picks if you are the classy gentleman type of a guy. Elegant, sharp and luxurious. 14+ hours with good projection. Must have
ScentsByKKScentsByKK 4 months ago
Powdery, sweet goodness
OmardoOmardo 9 months ago
Iris and iris again in a way that makes Prada fragrances quite unique. very similar to classic PH I hear here reminiscences of DH(till 2019)
LolusLolus 11 months ago
Powdery scent with Tonka + Amber duo...Worth a try.
ElysiumElysium 1 year ago
The Beauty without the Beast. A powdery iris, patchouli, and tonka-bean-based fragrance that's incredibly sexy and will last all night long.
SejanoSejano 1 year ago
Better than PH. More elegant, mature and rotund with leather note. Excellent sillage and longevity. Powdery style with class. Recomended
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago

by Estbienla
by Ernie824
by Ernie824

Popular Prada

L'Homme by Prada Olfactories - Cargo de Nuit by Prada Luna Rossa Black by Prada Infusion d'Iris Absolue by Prada Infusion d'Amande by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2007) by Prada Infusion d'Iris Cèdre by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2015) by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Toilette) by Prada L'Homme L'Eau by Prada Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada Infusion d'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada L'Homme Water Splash by Prada Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Prada (2004) / Prada Amber by Prada Olfactories - Purple Rain by Prada Luna Rossa Extreme by Prada Olfactories - Miracle of the Rose by Prada La Femme by Prada Infusion de Vétiver (2010) by Prada