L'Homme Intense 2017

L'Homme Intense by Prada
Top 45 in Men's Perfume
L'Homme Intense is a popular perfume by Prada for men and was released in 2017. The scent is powdery-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Puig. Pronunciation

Daniela Andrier

Iris, Amber, Patchouli, Tonka bean

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 30.11.2020.

The faces of the advertising campain are actors Ansel Elgort and Dane DeHaan.

Prada L'Homme Intense
Another offshoot in the "Intense" section of a fragrance that I never had in the original, or simply skipped it.
Prada L'homme is not the first and certainly not the last fragrance I'm going to go for. Since several other fragrances I am mostly enthusiastic about the Intense versions. But there are also exceptions.
And that's when we arrived at Prada L'Homme intense.

I must confess right at the beginning that I like the fragrance in and of itself very much. Cardamom, patchouli and iris in a combo? Yes, give it to me The fragrance smells as if it should be placed between Dior Homme Intense and Jean Paul Gaultier's Le Male Le Parfum. Delicious, creamy, a little spicy. Smells noble. Smells like a perfume that cries out for love, romance and world love imbued with a youthful spirit. A noble spirit of discovery. He doesn't have to, but he can be anytime Or?

And, as other users have pointed out, I'm not quite sure I agree with that myself. I would like to use this fragrance more often, but I don't know if it has what it takes. And in general, PLI is playing in the fragrance league further up the ladder, and with other fragrances that I love, I go by the average rating So I struggled a little bit with myself to write a comment. In this sense Prada is here in a longer lasting test. In terms of price, about 60,- Euro are not too much for a successful EDP. There it would be in the right category.
But he doesn't really want to get started somehow. Like a racehorse who thinks that the grass around the edge is much more interesting than racing for the biped. Rocket start and then first on comfortable, as if you were 1986
And here I ask myself whether the large packaging is supposed to compensate for something? Maybe I'm just too cynical?
Hard to promise.

And it's not even a faint scent. He just doesn't have the endurance and range that I think he should have.
But I also know that I have a tendency to lay it on thick. Maybe I underestimated that about myself. There are scents that don't make you fat. Then 2+3 is not 5, but it relativizes itself a bit and becomes 3.5. Maybe it is one of those fragrances where this effect occurs?
Quite a few people suggest that their own nose would fade out this fragrance, because the scent is very intense. I have also heard about this phenomenon. But with other intensive scents, my nose does not get tired. Or is it the Dior Homme effect, as in the new Dior Homme? Scent first very present. Then suddenly it disappears, only to return later by force ?
Sometimes very difficult to judge how this fragrance wants to work.

I promise that I will stay on the ball and, if necessary, add a note to my comment, which can then point to any improvements in my relationship with Prada L'Homme Intense.

As it stands now, it is actually a horny scent, but unfortunately with too little power. There must be more simply more in it.

MfG
TheOrange78
Marcelowitch
After a short time, I'm unrecognizable...
After spraying it on, it is very reminiscent of the original. After wearing it for a short time it develops more sweet and some leather. All in all I find the fragrance really beautiful. Unfortunately I can't smell it after about 1 hour and I really have the feeling that I didn't apply it... so I will stick with the one purchase and get the original for next summer.
Rathaloose
I liked it less than the original
In the opening there is still a lot of the original l'homme coming through, it also has this high quality iris what makes this "soap smell", but the similarities vanish and the darker base notes come out more strongly.

I would have wished for more of the original feeling with more durability, I therefore find the original better and accept the slightly lower durability.
4.5
MichaNase
Two fragrances that do not become one
In search of an office fragrance I also souped up Prade L'Homme Intense. Like the heavier of the two siblings, because: You want to try something brave.

When it was his turn to test it, I sprayed it on my wrist and was immediately killed by a cloud of scent. Pretty intense little guy. For me the scent consists of two different chords: On the one hand I smell powdery, underlaid with a synthetic-floral sweetness, on the other hand woods, which change again and again between tobacco and "dirty" leather, although I don't see any woods in the pyramid of scents now.

Both in itself quite ok, but in combination (subjectively) totally unpleasant. For me the whole thing seems inharmonious and even causes a slight nausea. The whole thing just doesn't want to come together for me, because my nose wants to separate the two chords. And since I don't want to smell like "dirty soap", I continue with the search for a scent for the office.
Salva
The fine, noble and glamorous groom
Hello dear friends,

after a certain time, in which I could wear this fragrance now, I would like to present you my view of the things to this Beau.

When was the very first time that thing blew up my nose? Well, it was at the beginning of this year, and I was blown away...

It was just after the Christmas holidays at Amsterdam airport. Together with my partner we spent a few days in this beautiful city right at the beginning of the new year. Before the flight back home we strolled a little through the duty free to test the one or other scent (well, actually only my better half... I was not really a fragrance lover at that time...).

When we left the shop again, I noticed a gentleman; extremely handsome and chic at the same time. Light grey three-piece suit, pink tie, white handkerchief, brown leather monkstraps, business suitcase, travelling alone...
"He looks like he's waiting for his bride in a wedding dress," I thought... Looking a little bored around, but then running towards duty-free. Passing us, he left this wonderful Sillage... "Mmm..." I turned to him and thought: "You not only look good, you smell fucking phenomenal!" My partner noticed the whole thing, grinning and just shaking her head... I was so curious and wanted to know what this guy was wearing... So I went back to the duty free and just asked him...
"Excuse me Sir, you smell fantastic. What is it?"
"It's by Prada."
"Only Prada?"
"No Sir, it's called Prada L'Homme Intense."
[...]

Well, I already knew about the regular Prada L'Homme or had heard of it, but as a newcomer in the fragrance world at that time, I had not yet seen an Intense version...
As soon as I arrived home, I simply ordered it blind; I didn't even want to follow up on reading a few reviews and ratings. I would be absolutely convinced that he would smell wonderful on me and that I already loved him after this unique smell...

The scent also arrived a few days later and I immediately sprayed myself with it; neck, back of the neck, back of the head, shirt, wrists... felt nothing left out... When my partner came home, her comment was not long in coming: "That's not you who smells so wonderful here, is it? My smile was her answer...

What does he smell like? So mMn this scent matched the gentleman at the airport as well as the well-known fist in the eye. It is a fragrance for the groom. A fragrance for really special occasions.

The powdery iris is right at the start and says: "Here I am, and I'm staying there too!" From the top note to the base, it's present. Adding to this, the finely sweet tonka bean and sensual sandalwood, one of my favourite notes, complete the dominant powdery-sweet, noble and glamorous aura that surrounds this wonderful fragrance. Discreetly in the background I can perceive some woody notes; I think it must be the patchouli, which gives it that certain something and is the icing on the cake.

Conclusion:
In the meantime I have tested or at least smelled all Prada fragrances known to me, but for me personally this one is the very best Prada! It radiates elegance and luxury like hardly any other designer.
I only wear it in the evening when I go out or for special occasions in general, as it is simply too good for everyday life.
The durability and silage are very good on my skin; stays on me great 7-8h and projects very strongly in the first 3h.
This one is one of those few fragrances I will probably wear forever...
[...]

And I hope as always, you had fun reading :) Wish you something else then!

VG, Salva
Perfect for the evening
I'm a very big fan of this perfume. The sweetness of the tonka bean comes out very well and is intense. In my opinion it can be used for many occasions (but best for evening occasions). However, I must also warn you that this fragrance is really very sweet. Not all men are enthusiastic about such sweet scents.
Conclusion: A very successful perfume which appeals to different age groups.
Silverstream
Ingenious - but where is the leather?
Ingenious - but where's the leather!

Much has already been written about Prada's "L`Homme" and his more powerful partner "Intense" and again and again we hear about a "leather note" in this context.

So it is not surprising that I also expected the same leather note when I first "tasted" the Intense version.

Let's make it short: Obviously there is something wrong with my nose, because I am not able to sniff anything that reminds me even remotely of leather or its derivatives. If you feel the same way as I do (all the others too, of course) please let me know in the comments and contribute to my salvation :-)

To the fragrance: First of all - I love him! As a prelude, my nose first perceives the well-known and wonderfully pure and noble iris note, which in this form is apparently only available from Prada. However, it is by all means less bold than in the "normal" version of Prada L`Homme. The transparent freshness and the accompanying citrus chord recede somewhat, although they remain latently present. The fragrance is denser and more compressed, richer and more distinctive.

Nevertheless, a solid basic freshness remains throughout, so that I can imagine "L'Homme Intense" in any case also in spring and on warm summer evenings. The autumn should also be a good time to wear it. In winter, it is certainly very well conceivable indoors - e.g. in the office - since the Intense version should not scare anyone away for my taste if dosed appropriately. Whereby exceptions are known to confirm the rule.

In the further course of the fragrance, a pleasant sweetness is added from the background, which at no time overtaxes or harasses the wearer and his environment. The basic freshness remains, while a spicy sweetness gains space.

Now a note is gradually emerging whose description causes me the most headaches and seems to be the one that is generally interpreted as a leather note. After a lot of back and forth, I have decided to describe it as follows: I perceive spicy maple syrup with a shot of cola! Please do not be irritated by the noun "syrup". Syrupy sweet is by no means the scent! If you have ever eaten maple syrup, please think of the sweetness as far away as possible and concentrate on the aromatic-spicy flavour of this brew. Now add the sparkling and again fresh-sweet-spicy scent of a well-chilled cola
This Maple-Cola note combined with the base note explained above gives me "Prada L`Homme Intense". Of course, I am aware that it is only possible to express scent impressions verbally to a very limited extent, but I hope that one or the other can identify with the description - or perhaps see it completely, completely differently.
Bg258
Too far from the EDT for me...
As a layman, I bought this fragrance and expected a "longer lasting L'homme".
Unfortunately I don't like it that much because of the too strong sweetness, which I hadn't noticed at the EDT! A pity, but a good clean fragrance for all seasons and times of the day.
GirlofNow
If man simply wants to smell good then this fragrance here is perfect!
I'm sorry I haven't written lyrics and comments in a long time... I have to admit that I just haven't been feeling well psychologically either... And no it's not because of the corona virus... But well i have to admit that no new scent has knocked me out except the new La nuit tresor nude;D

I came to this fragrance through my grandfather:)) He likes to wear it when he goes out or simply because he wants to smell good and leave a good impression:) As I have already mentioned, unfortunately, I have hardly discovered any new scents and then as if out of nowhere exactly this fragrance came into my mind, I asked my grandfather if I could borrow his bottle briefly and he immediately answered me with yes:D So I sprayed myself and was immediately on cloud.7*.*
When sniffing my wrist I immediately had to think of Guerlain L'Homme Idéal edp...Why can't I explain this so exactly... I think it is because of the fine Tonka note which smells soooooo good*.*
Something makes me wonder with this scent! I have never smelled such a gentle and yet so warm men's fragrance before!:))))

Soooo since many people could probably be curious now about the scent process, I describe now as exactly as possible the whole scent process as I smell / perceive:) Must also admit that I still have a little trouble with the men's fragrances a little bit to smell out every single scent but I give me my best!:)

The smell:
When I sprayed on the patchouli note was immediately present! And admittedly I am not a big Patchouli fan! But here in this fragrance it stings, not in my nose!:) And that's what made me interested in this fragrance!:) The patchouli note remains present on my skin because of the whole fragrance process, but never gets pushy! The iris shows here from its most beautiful and elegant side! Beautiful baby powder note*.* with a light deep but also fresh scent. The fragrance on my skin is hardly sweet but not really fresh either!... Is this out of you? IF I smell a sweet note, then I think it comes from the fine Tonka note... Amber gave the whole fragrance a cuddly warmth and that's what I love about this fragrance! It doesn't have this typical cool note which is to smell with many men's fragrances ... (or better known is) And exactly this makes this perfume so interesting + special!:)

I have now described the course of the fragrance as well as I could, but also as precisely as possible:) Hopefully you were able to get a picture of this scent:) To H+S I must honestly say I am very satisfied! Because on skin as well as on clothes this scent stays with me all day long:) Flacon I find very high quality but also very beautiful!:)

What I want to tell you is take care of yourself and stay healthy!!!!:)❤ Health is now more important than ever! Appreciate your health but also your fellow men!:) Enjoy your day and always stay positive!)

Elysium
L'Homme Intense’s manner is full of appeal and bonhomie
My first Prada perfume was Amber pour Homme. I still remember when that light purplish water came to store, its powdery-sweet-soapy-fresh accord drew me instantly. There were no iris in there, yet the dustiness, creaminess, and butter-ness were so dominant, the kind of redolence that floods the room where you stayed, with no comparable siblings at that time. In hindsight, I realized I was going through Nirvanolides molecule, with its intense musky, fruity, powdery, soapy odor with lactonic nuances.

So, today I have another record from the Prada range of men’s fragrances, and one of the flankers to the original Prada L’Homme: Prada L’Homme Intense. A more deep version of the original fragrance, this is an alluring woody scent for men, floriental I would say. It's creamier, for one, and much more pungent and heady while the first was light and almost ethereal. It has the equivalent DNA of the original, yet three assertive notes stand out, viz leather, patchouli, and roasted tonka. Even though the last years saw new original releases from the major designers (Dior Sauvage, Saint Laurent Y, Prada L’Homme), they have been tormented with practically no creativity. We’ve been seeing the same focus-group approved crowd-pleasers that smell mostly the same, with main notes that turn around synthetic ambroxan and iso-e super. Of course, I love both, yet the different designer scents, in the end, result in a sort of deja-vu.

L'Homme Intense begins with that familiar buttery iris note, with its powdery aroma, and a glowing amber accord plus smoothly rich leather, which makes it fascinating. More, there is a touch of patchouli and the blend smells unusual in a good way. It’s very nice and has a striking darker profile than does the original L’Homme. The initial notes of L’Homme Intense smell surprising good. The quality iris is unmistakable in the opening.

The middle notes of leather and patchouli give it a distinctly masculine smell. It’s so classy and smooth, with the leather and amber, being the next most powerful notes. Though, I’d put the amber at number three. From here, it is pretty linear and doesn’t develop much beyond this.

Further along in the wear, I get to hit a base of sandalwood and tonka bean that finish it out with a hint the orient. Sweet tonka takes over. The accord is pleasant but I didn’t expect it to dominate the composition so quickly. I really appreciate how subtle these later notes are and how they simply enhance the overall vibe of an already fantastic smelling cologne. Unexpectedly, I detected a faint scent of creamy iris. It's subtle and unobtrusive. Anyhow, I smell a stronger presence of vanilla, likely the listed amber accord.

This scent is clean, warm, and sweet with the inclusion of a roasted tonka bean note for good measure. I like how dry the composition is and how the amber sort of soaks the iris. Projection wise, I find the sillage to be on the upper end of moderate. It’s not a heavy scent, but it projects well, just not crazy so. The performance is very good, regardless, and you or other people will notice this juice on you. The longevity for me hits around several hours, which is great for just about any purpose. Seasonally, L’Homme Intense strikes me as a cold-weather scent, with the ability to be worn in more mild warmth. I do feel it is a bit more limited than the original L’Homme, in this regard, but if you want to wear it at its absolute best, it should be colder. I think it is an amazing fragrance. It’s got enough closeness to the original to be familiar, while also adding new elements, to stand on its own.

-Elysium

ScentsByKKScentsByKK 29 days ago
Powdery, sweet goodness
OmardoOmardo 6 months ago
Iris and iris again in a way that makes Prada fragrances quite unique. very similar to classic PH I hear here reminiscences of DH(till 2019)
LolusLolus 8 months ago
Powdery scent with Tonka + Amber duo...Worth a try.
ElysiumElysium 12 months ago
The Beauty without the Beast. A powdery iris, patchouli, and tonka-bean-based fragrance that's incredibly sexy and will last all night long.
SejanoSejano 1 year ago
Better than PH. More elegant, mature and rotund with leather note. Excellent sillage and longevity. Powdery style with class. Recomended
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
Overrated.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
Dark but not too masculin or oriental. Quite powdery-soapy, instead. Noticeable the iris. an inusual scent for a modern man. Very classy

by Achilles
by Xenom0rph
by Estbienla
by Estbienla

Popular Prada

L'Homme by Prada Olfactories - Cargo de Nuit by Prada Luna Rossa Black by Prada Infusion d'Iris Absolue by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2007) by Prada Infusion d'Amande by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Infusion d'Iris Cèdre by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2015) by Prada L'Homme L'Eau by Prada L'Homme Water Splash by Prada Infusion d'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada Prada (2004) / Prada Amber by Prada Olfactories - Purple Rain by Prada La Femme by Prada Luna Rossa Extreme by Prada Olfactories - Miracle of the Rose by Prada Infusion de Vétiver (2010) by Prada