L'Homme Water Splash 2019

L'Homme Water Splash by Prada
L'Homme Water Splash is a popular perfume by Prada for men and was released in 2019. The scent is powdery-fresh. It is being marketed by Puig.

Top Notes Top NotesNeroliNeroli
Mandarin orange leafMandarin orange leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesGingerGinger
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwoodSandalwood
CedarwoodCedarwood

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 06.10.2021.

When I get stuck...
The Prada L'Homme series is for me one of the most successful of a mainstream designer in recent years. Even the Absolu flanker, which is located between the normal and the Intense, has for me its raison d'être.

The Splash Flanker was uninteresting to me for a long time, as I personally didn't like the original as much as the Intense version and didn't really need a toned down version of the standard one. However, by chance I did buy it for a good price earlier this year and what can I say, I have since emptied the 150 ML and ordered a new one straight away. The interesting thing about the L'Homme Splash is not only the powdery Prada identity, which blends insanely well with the mandarin and neroli, but has a depth that few summer freshes have for me. The Splash doesn't smell like shower gel, or deodorant - it doesn't smell like a cheap summer scent, or a synthetic aquatic. He definitely has the prada-typical soapiness without seeming sterile and a surprisingly distinctive identity, which I can associate apart from the other fragrances in the series, hardly with other fragrances or situations and also comes in my environment very well.

Whenever I was indecisive with the choice of a fragrance, I have reached for the Splash until I noticed at some point that the bottle is nearing the end. Whether it was in the morning to work or to the bakery, after the shower, after sports, in the evening when I wanted to go to the terrace, wanted to go to the movies, ran around in a T-shirt or shirt or just when I felt like it (and that was often) - there was almost never a moment where I felt that the Splash would not fit and especially during the homme-office lastigen phase in the pandemic, he has done insanely good service because he exudes a great security.

Ultimately, the Splash is a great all-rounder that I feel you can do little wrong with. He acts like a less present version of the original, but still has a very good shelf life, the Prada identity harmonizes wonderfully with the tangerine and the great price (currently still about 50 euros for 150 ML) as well as the very valuable and great-looking bottle make it for me a successful flanker. If I did not know better, I would associate it with a very luxurious soap, which radiates a very noble cleanliness.

I can only hope that Prada does not discontinue this flanker, but the increasingly difficult availability unfortunately suggests that it may no longer be available for purchase in the long run.
Basti87
Great middle ground between the L'eau and the original
2 years this release is already old. I have only now struck. He was already out of stock in many shops for a long time which is why I suspect that this is a limited edition. Luckily I still got a 150ml bottle for just over 50 Euros. The last one in this shop. In some shops I don't know you can find it for less than 50 Euro a 150ml. Definitely "bang for the buck".
Especially for fans, collectors and people looking for a lighter L'Homme a great release. Who wants to keep his collection minimalist and already has one of the series is this rather uninteresting. I use this comment again to rave about this series: I just love them and also otherwise this is one of the fragrances on which I was most addressed. Rightly so. This DNA is just catchy and draws people in. Simply stylish without being stuffy.
The original is an immergeher, especially in everyday life due to great freshness and bombastic durability. The L'eau is my favorite. Especially in the summer in the spare time. Some find it too feminine or too soft. I don't. For me, luxurious good vibes with a great groomed touch, extremely sensual. This Water Splash is a middle ground between the two, the easiest to wear. The Intense is also a great perfume for colder darker days and at night. Glad to have all 4. As a fan and as a fan of small differences, all 3 fragrances are worthwhile, especially since they can be used often.

This Water Splash comes in a very classy bottle. This 150ml bottle is round and is painted colorful to match the summer. Could come across trashy, but looks really great and is great in the hand. Beautiful glass, beautiful silver lid, typical Prada.
From the fragrance you get as I said a great middle ground between the L'eau and the original. Who the L'eau was too powdery-soft finds here a herbere fresh version with this typical L'Homme DNA which also goes very much in the direction of the original. However, this is also much milder than the original EDT. Nevertheless, a strong fragrance that ties to the great concept. The tart freshness minus a lot of spice & powder makes this one more versatile. I could even imagine this one during sports activities or many other daylight occasions. Plus, the performance is dialed down a bit. The killer sillage from the EDT is greatly toned down and at a pleasant level. The durability is something to consider as well: The one from the original lasts about twice as long on me. Here you get with about 5 hours also pleasant durability, especially for in between.

As a conclusion, I can say: For me, no must-have. For this price at 150ml but a great gimmick for fans of this series. Grandiose series, which brings in heaps of compliments if you value it
3lbows
Youtube and the soap that isn't. Or: What makes a good flanker?
I deliberately do not write "Jeremy" now, as I am reluctant to drive the gentle reader away to weinkenner.de, Horse&Hound or other prolldisjunct reading.

But: L'Homme is so so so so so so so so so so present in the videos of the aforementioned scent-influencer, that I would now like to contribute my two cents to the soap king, even though pretty much everyone here should have an opinion on Prada's bandwagon horse, and even I have already dedicated a comment to the OG.
The DNA can ever not be bad, it is waved through even by the more demanding conoisseurs here predominantly magnanimously, which is with mainstream designers, yes, an ennoblement.

My general thoughts on L'Homme - series I can subsume briefly as follows:

1. I have never, really never smelled a soap that smelled like #L'Homme. Not at home, not at the hotel, and not even in Abu Dhabi. But then, I've never been there.

2. The DNA definitely creates a fresh-clean connotation with me, despite presumably high-quality ingredients synthetic, floral, even slightly sweetish, but in ertser Linie - clean.

L'Homme has thereby a high recognition value and is clearly different from Prada's other Iris candidates. In particular, Amber pour Homme Eau de Toilette comes across much more organic, sympathetic and warmer, although also a bit more old-fashioned.
L'Homme Water Splash is the freshest, and lightest flanker compared to the original and the L'eau, but still very close to the original DNA. Tangerine and ginger give it a summery effervescence. Neroli is a bit more in the foreground now, and the sweetness that I still notice clearly in the OG is only peripherally in the background here. Iris is no longer in the fragrance pyramid, but I think I can still perceive it clearly. The durability falls in comparison somewhat, but this is by no means a flaw, because Watersplash is already by the name clearly intended as a cologne for the hotter days. And that works out perfectly.
I also imagine that I do not seem so distant-cool, dismissive professional, as with the original. Water Splash is more playful, more innocent, more casual - and that's what ultimately makes it more attractive to me than L'Homme .
And if you like the original, Watersplash is an excellent and affordable alternative for the summer. Who's closer to the original, but still fresher, more universal and with a little more charisma and durability would like to reach for the L'Eau. All three complement each other in my eyes great and fan the DNA with real alternatives for different tastes.
Bestscent
the same and yet different!
So, since I had both the l'homme intense, the l'homme and this one here & have I measure me times to give here my opinion to the best.
The scent is pretty much the same to the original l'homme but has a nice, really just super light but very recognizable freshness. Ginger and the woody base I do not smell out here! It can be worn in the office as well as casual, ideally in spring & summer. He does not antagonize, is liked by all or accepted without comment.
I would prefer this to the original since it is the same and yet fresher. For lovers of the l'homme series an absolute MUST!!!

Prada L'homme L'eau v2
At the beginning I would like to say that I'm not a big fan of this powdery/lipstick iris vibe of L'homme line. But every single scent in this line is amazingly done and I enjoy smelling them from time to time.
Often flankers are a pleasant alternatives to their original brother. But sometimes there are flankers like A*men Ultimate, which completely lost the DNA of original A*men and sometimes there are flankers that are even too similar to their predecessor. And that's what Prada L'homme Water Splash is.
My question is: Why Prada made a scent that is exactly the same as L'homme L'eau released 2 years before? Or should I ask, what is the reason to buy L'homme L'eau when Water Splash does exactly the same but at a cheaper price? I know that maybe I'm overreacting, but in my honest opinion, L'homme line of Prada became a little bit boring by this time. I hope that in the future they would give us something more interesting and slightly different in this line.
Nevertheless it is a very solid spring/summer clean scent, don't get me wrong
Can be done
Smells really good and the fragrance is quite similar to the scent of the classic Prada L'Homme. Not a bad buy for me, because I got it quite cheap (even if it was still not super cheap - typical Prada prices)
+smells great (fresh, powdery, spicy warm)
-the Sillage is quite good and pleasantly perceptible for the first 30 minutes, after that the scent quickly becomes body-hugging.
PS: this is my first comment in Parfumo
A Bigger Splash
First a short but necessary excursion.

Fragrance markings and fragrance pyramids are a minefield. We're reading: There's ginger in there. So we search for the ginger until we find it. Whether it is now contained or not (this could probably only be found out in the laboratory to some extent). But sometimes it's the other way round: we smell something that doesn't seem to be included. A prominent example: the Layton Exclusif. Up to a correction proposal, based on the official manufacturer's page, everyone thought that the fragrance contained the scents Zibet and Oud. (Allegedly) Blow cake! The "Animalik", which even my amateur nose meant to sniff out, is (allegedly) not included. A brief comparison of the other fragrance pyramids of Parfums de Marly fragrances with those of the manufacturer showed that almost all had to be revised and thousands of perfumes and perfumos had sniffed out "things" that (allegedly) are not included. Psychological science offers numerous explanatory models for this collectively erroneous olfaction. But maybe the problem is also on the other (manufacturer)side.

Why this introduction? For two reasons.

On the one hand because this observation has made me generally cautious about fragrances, and I have come to the conclusion in the meantime: The fragrance pyramids of the manufacturers are likely to be strongly marketing-driven and may even be adapted afterwards - one should primarily trust one's own nose and those of other "end consumers". Meanwhile I don't believe anybody anymore who claims that he/she could "imagine the real scent" on the basis of a scent pyramid, no matter how many thousand scents have already been tested. A scent is more than the sum of its scents - and you can obviously not always rely on the scents given.

On the other hand, with regard to the scents - to finally mention the Water Splash - one could assume that this L'Homme flanker is completely different from the original, which has already become a classic. Because: They then shared only neroli and cedar(wood). But: Every not snuffy nose sniffs out even at night three spontaneously from sleep that these are two very, very closely related scents (see numerous statements below). The best explanation: A Flanker can be sold better with large differences in scents on paper.

Nevertheless, in my opinion Water Splash is an interesting fragrance for at least the following target groups:
1) All those who do not yet own L'Homme or other Flanker and would like to purchase a very similar fragrance at a fraction of the price from the same manufacturer and officially the same perfumer. Currently with about 0.33 € / ml really cheap to have.
2) All those who appreciate L'Homme very much, but find it a little too "distant" (yes, that is a completely subjective impression). The Water Splash adds a delicate, slightly bitter-citric fruitiness to the L'Homme DNA, which for me makes it a decisive nuance "warmer", "more lively" and "more summery". (Like an aperitif with mineral water vs. one with mineral water and a dash of orange).
3) All Prada fans who just want to own every Prada fragrance (which should be quite expensive).
4) All those who are looking for a serious, not boring "business fragrance" that can be worn without hesitation even in their leisure time, and who can make friends with a 150ml bottle.
5) All those who would like to take a seat in David Hockney's famous painting "A Bigger Splash" on the empty director's chair at the edge of the swimming pool in front of a luxurious Californian flat-roof bungalow on a day with a bright blue sky, to witness that title-giving "Splash" after jumping from the 1-meter board, and who value being appropriately scented for the context.
Oh menno....
Then fold your arms and the corners of your mouth downwards. My 6-year-old I don't get his chocolate ice cream.

The Intense differs strongly from the original. Darker and more intense.

The l'eau is beautiful blue. Watery. Fresher. "L'eau-iger".

Logically what I hope to get from the Water Splash, or?

But no, nothing like that.

There is a difference to the original, but unfortunately not as Water Splash-ig as I thought.

I'm going to find a good colleague to lay off

Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 6 months ago
A slightly more citric version of Prada L'Homme L'Eau. Longevity is not that great but at least you get 150 ml instead of 100 ml
JamPetrarkaJamPetrarka 6 months ago
Just your regular Prada L'homme DNA. The lightest from the family with a slight spice to it. Soapy, fresh with a great price/quality ratio.

by OleTrufa
by OleTrufa
by ErhanSaceros
by ErhanSaceros
by eBOSS
by eBOSS

Popular Prada

L'Homme by Prada L'Homme Intense by Prada Olfactories - Cargo de Nuit by Prada Luna Rossa Black by Prada Infusion d'Iris Absolue by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2015) by Prada Infusion d'Amande by Prada Infusion d'Iris Cèdre by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2007) by Prada L'Homme L'Eau by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada Infusion d'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Prada (2004) / Prada Amber by Prada Luna Rossa Extreme by Prada Olfactories - Purple Rain by Prada La Femme by Prada Olfactories - Miracle of the Rose by Prada Amber pour Homme Intense by Prada