Luna Rossa Black 2018

Luna Rossa Black by Prada
Top 81 in Men's Perfume
Luna Rossa Black is a popular perfume by Prada for men and was released in 2018. The scent is sweet-spicy. It is being marketed by Puig.
Scent goes well with Molecule 01

Daniela Andrier

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
AngelicaAngelica
Heart Notes Heart NotesPatchouliPatchouli
CoumarinCoumarin
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 16.10.2021.

Autumn can come
Another addendum to a Prada fragrance from the Luna Rossa range. I've owned this fragrance for a year now and this one deserves a comment as well. Like most Pradas, this one does (rightly) very well. The Luna Rossa range is, after all, rather playful and clearly more casual than many others. Prada has two great ranges with Luna Rossa and for the ladies the Candy range, which is a bit more mainstream. Ms. Andrier also manages this really well and convinces all along the line. I like the entire Luna Rossa line, though I only own the Sport and this Black. The Sport is my favorite. It goes towards Le Male but 100% a feel-good scent for me. But close behind in 2nd place is the Black, which I also really like.

Released in 2018, it now has a really good reputation and already a small fanbase. Like so many brands jump on the Black bandwagon. Here it succeeds. With Black I associate a fragrance that you can wear well in the dark hours of the day. When the days get shorter or just at night. Here you get a great scent that I see most likely to transition, but also wear well in the winter. I wore this scent last night and it was a scent that accompanies great, never gets too heavy and still comes through well in mild temperatures. Autumn weather just.
The star of this fragrance is definitely coumarin. This note gives this fragrance a warm, sweet and slightly herbaceous touch. This note is in the foreground throughout the entire course and thus provides a warming vibe without really becoming too heavy. Even though the sillage is quite good this DNA never gets too overpowering even with generous dosing. There is also a patchouli note which adds a gloomy touch and agrees with the black concept. Spicy amber is also present, especially towards the end. Overall, a great fragrance that comes along sweet-spicy-warm with light herbaceous-powdery approaches. Very coherent, harmonious and never 0-8-15. The fragrance is also never too well-behaved, would also not fit a black concept. Who expects the very big course here will be disappointed. Most Pradas don't have that, which I find really good. But is a matter of taste.
The durability is really good, as actually all Pradas I have tested. Some here have rated this one not so good, but with me very satisfactory. Durability is double digits with good sillage, which is extremely long present. Sometimes I think it's gone and then all of a sudden a strong breeze comes. Should be tested on the back of the hand, because sometimes you get smell-blind.

Overall a great fragrance that you can always wear at dark times of the year. A safe bank that is sure to bring in some compliments. If you are still looking for a sweet and spicy fragrance for fall and don't know this one yet: give it a try. A dark fragrance with a lot of style and sex appeal.
Prada, the seeker of Darkness
Also this time, Prada does not contradict itself. You want to have (designer) fragrances that smell like cleanliness and luxury? Feel free to look around Prada!
Here's my congratulations to Daniela (Roche) Andrier ❤️
This is a fragrance with elegant, powdery, yet not overbearing sweetness & spice. A fragrance that exudes elegance, confidence and security. Really to cuddle ?

Performance and sillage are not great with me unfortunately...
Elias65
Pleasant pachouli / fragrance with a stark sillage
Let's start with the bottle simple, black discreet, yet elegant as with Bleu de Chanel, but you know that from Prada no different? The fragrance opens with a light, somewhat creamy bergamot and lets the angelica blossoms fill a large cloud of fragrance. In the drydown, the powdery/creamy note comes more and more to the fore, which shows presence through a soft patchouli and some strong coumarin. The base that you smell at the beginning rather in the background, which at the same time provides the warmth that radiates the fragrance is the warm amber note on which the fragrance is based and what it stands for, namely: warmth, elegance and something mystical. A man in a suit at an event is rather reserved and mysterious and at the same time attractive and self-confident, but lives by the motto "Less is more". For me, a well done fragrance that has found good combinations to the amber. Prada is just the powdery / soap master. Hats off - price performance is right.

Body Shop White Musk for men
This is a carbon copy of White musk for men by body shop. It's pleasant. But basically sweet Tonka and musk with a peppery edge. A little too raw and rudimentary for me. Something a bit skanky puts me off. I think its the angelica and bare tonka. Would have been better with some florals to soften it and smooth it off a little
Berzerk
Unfortunately, no draught horse from the Luna Rossa series....
...although it is a great fragrance! The Luna Rosse series would have needed after the brilliant "Extreme" once again a distinctive fragrance. The Black could have been it from the fragrance notes. To the fragrance itself gibts yes here already enough good explanations. Unfortunately, the Halktbarkeit is underground and does not stand for a classic EDP! I wonder how some here come to a rating of 7 or 8. Is there such a difference in durability on the skin? Upon application, it has a great projection and the cloud is definitely there. After just 10 minutes, there is not much of it left. In the end, I end up with about 2hrs of staying power. So I have to permanently have the bottle with me and re-spray if I want to smell the Luna Rossa Black throughout the day. So Prada, please follow up with a "Black Extreme".
JonasP
Sweet, powdery and spicy at the same time.
It reminds me of Bvlgari Men in Black and would also wear it on the same occasions, so rather to colder season or evenings out. Cola I smell in the not, however, he has for me an unpleasant scent that is very present immediately after spraying and then over the next few hours something less. Therefore, the fragrance is also like Bvlgari Men in Black nothing for me.
True Story
Once upon a time, I was just a little runt and... Okay, let's not go there.
In my childhood I once had a girlfriend. We met in kindergarten, then went to elementary school together and spent our further school career together. We have always understood each other very well and had the same circle of friends and similar interests. But when we entered puberty, something changed. More and more often, when she entered the room, I left it. I couldn't be around her anymore. I was sorry, and I still am, but I just couldn't do it. My body bristled against her.
Why?
I detected a strange smell on her. Somehow metallic and indefinable. For me, the smell was hard to bear.
And exactly this smell I take in the opening of Luna Rossa - Black. And the remains also quite long why the bottle will also continue to wander (as soon as I am unlocked for the souk)
Some compare it here with cola etc.
Wherever that may come from.

After a few hours, the scent is o.k. but also nothing special
Sniffo
It does not always have to be Niesche
I have recently bought an opened bottle of Prada Luna Rossa Black. In advance I would like to thank Tobiextreme again for the good offer.
The fragrance was already longer on my screen, because it generates almost consistently positive resonances here. Generally, the brand Prada is still a blank sheet for my collection. Of course, I'm consorts like L'homme and many Flanker known, to the purchase, however, I could not bring myself so far.

So to the fragrance:
PLRB makes in my opinion no real fragrance progression through. It starts with a powdery sweet opening and ends the same way, maybe getting a little warmer in the process but keeping the concept. I have a hard time smelling out the fragrance notes listed here, as it all blends together into a very pleasant whole. In a previous comment, the scent was compared to a powdery Coca Cola. I can only agree with that, it really does evoke associations with cola and in a suitably pleasant way. By that I mean that even its sweetness at no point seems synthetic or sticky.

The shelf life amounts to about six hours. Thus, it is located only in the midfield, but because of the attractive price I find it justifiable.
The sillage is also rather decent.

To wear PLRB one is not bound to any special occasion. He works at work, to the date, to celebrate and to most everyday activities. Only to the sport and on particularly warm days I would perhaps do without.

Finally, the fragrance impresses with its uncomplicated character. He represents for me an excellent choice when I'm not after niche and I just need a relaxed fragrance for everyday life. Because despite its versatility PLRB has something very own, what he from the
Mainstream Einheisbrei stands out and for me thus makes a small new discovery in the designer area.

Classy cool weather fragrance
This one shocked me a little, I think I was expecting a warm slightly spicy cold weather fragrance. Slightly sweet and powdery during dry down. Patchouli, amber, classy, and fresh. Solid projection and the longevity lasted easily 10 hours when sprayed on clothing (6-8 sprays)
Ramchik
Finally something cute for a "blue carrier"
After a long search, my nose got stuck on this wonderful fragrance from Prada. It's a mysterious, powdery everyday scent. I will wear it mainly in winter. It lasts much longer on clothes than on skin.

JMWeedJMWeed 28 days ago
Very new car smell to me, that’s not a bad thing.
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 2 months ago
5.5
No, not for me. I like every one out of the line but this one is just too dry and powdery... in a quite unpleasant way
Aquarius1Aquarius1 2 months ago
I'd wear this purely for getting compliments as women seem to like it, but I can't enjoy it myself. Heavy on the coumarin, very powdery.
HugoMontezHugoMontez 4 months ago
Nice opening, boring drydown. Like the rest of the line.
Kazos07Kazos07 5 months ago
Lots and lots of tonka with Prada's powdery touch. Not so interesting for me
PauljaegerPauljaeger 5 months ago
Bought this one thinking it would make a great date frag. Today this lady in the train told me I smell “so good”.

Yep, date fragrance.
SejanoSejano 12 months ago
Excellent sweet coumarin base profumo. Great versatil dark scent for office and date night. Perfect for Autum/winter and spring nights.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
Luna Rossa Black is spicy, powdery, sweet with amber and coumarin. It has a musky and dark scent and a pleasant car tires feel.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
This is the Prada I like the most! Lots of sweet tonka but powdery, ambery and musky as well. It has a dark burnt facet that I really enjoy.
KimJongKimJong 2 years ago
Purchased it immediately after try at a department store. How a combination of rubber tires and dark citrus creams make such a nice scent!

by Eigemann
by Intenso
by Intenso
by Morrissey
by Morrissey
Es braucht schon eine starke Lichtquelle, um den Füllstand einsehen zu können. Größe: 100ml
by Locke93
Der undurchsichtigste Flakon der mir bekannt ist.  Größe: 100ml
by Locke93
by eBOSS
by eBOSS
by Nour38
by Nour38

Popular Prada

L'Homme by Prada L'Homme Intense by Prada Olfactories - Cargo de Nuit by Prada Infusion d'Iris Absolue by Prada Infusion d'Iris Cèdre by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2015) by Prada Infusion d'Amande by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2007) by Prada L'Homme L'Eau by Prada L'Homme Water Splash by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada Infusion d'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Prada (2004) / Prada Amber by Prada Luna Rossa Extreme by Prada Olfactories - Purple Rain by Prada La Femme by Prada Olfactories - Miracle of the Rose by Prada Prada (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Prada