Luna Rossa Black (2018)

Luna Rossa Black by Prada

Luna Rossa Black is a popular perfume by Prada for men and was released in 2018. The scent is sweet-spicy. It is being marketed by Puig.

Daniela Andrier

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Angelica
Heart Notes Heart NotesPatchouli, Coumarin
Base Notes Base NotesWoody amber

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 22.02.2020.

8.0 8.0 8.0 8.5/10

Less helpful Review
The sweet and powdery seduction
A very ingenious and yet quite unique fragrance from Prada.
When I got a sample of the perfume while shopping, I immediately fell in love with the scent It is a very pleasant sweet fragrance with slightly powdery facets, which is wonderfully made for colder days. The main component of the fragrance is the vanilla/lightly spicy note which is wonderfully rounded off by the amber.
8.0 7.0 7.0 9.5/10

Ingenious winter scent
I fell in love in winter... after a few souk attempts towards winter scents that are not too sweet but should be cuddly, a Prada scent has managed to do this against all expectations.
Actually, not in accordance with my prey scheme, because supposedly too sweet and too overboard, I have looked for powdery little sweet iris fragrances and souked some for it. And there he was... the ultimate winter scent for me. To snuggle in and warm... and suddenly with a permitted sugary snack factor. Also very clean and therefore suitable for the office, I am surprisingly in love with Luna Rossa Black and cuddle up towards spring...
Sillage pleasant in natural distance, durability on the skin could be better, on clothes much more intensive and persistent.
8.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

Guacamoritz
The next one then "Prada Luna Rossa Ultra Dark Privé Intense"?
Powder, darkness, comforting warmth, elegance - that's what I think of the fragrance.

And that the bottle looks good. And that he m.M.n. does not need / should / should not be an appendage of the Luna Rossa series, but with the mentioned attributes he comes out of the curve quite independently. If only because the name is so stupidly bumpy-long.

Keeps with me so long that my watch with steel bracelet lying directly beside me on my bedside table - even after days of spraying the fragrance on my wrist - sends clouds of scent towards my olfactory bulb.

Definitely worth buying for me.
6.0 6.0 6.0 7.0/10

Powdery Mysterious Prada

This is my first comment in the forum am member since the end of December ... :).
I got the scent as a present, so I had not smelled it before. After I have worn the fragrance ten times, I decided to write my first comment. The fragrance is sweet, powdery and has this shower gel vibe, in the base we have a woody, spicy amber, which gives the fragrance that certain something. The fragrance therefore has something mysterious about it. Prada Black can always be worn, in my opinion, perfect for the cold days. I find the durability to be decent, with its 6/7 hours. The sillage is decent for the first hour, after that you have a pleasant aura of the Prada Black around you. It is a very pleasant scent, which does not disturb even if you dose it in high doses.
I would recommend the scent to others, it is definitely worth a test
8.0 7.0 8.0 10.0/10

no Luna Rossa
This Prada was ignored for a long time, simply because I've sniffed all the other Luna Rossa's before and I didn't feel really good and I had the typical Dior Sauvage Ambroxan vibe with all of them, which I don't really find sexy.
Since this one is also a Flanker of the row here, it had to have almost also a similar smell character.
Wrong thinking. I'd much prefer the name "Prada Black" to this one. It's independent, and I for one can't recognize any Luna Rossa DNA.

I actually came to this fragrance by chance and I got it in the souk by an exchange.
In the beginning I couldn't really get used to it and a short time later he wandered into my souk for sale.
Thank God I couldn't get rid of him then and "had to" keep him.
Meanwhile I couldn't imagine my collection without it, even among all the niche scents, it has a very special place.
I am fascinated by this spicy-fresh aura with the dark patchouli undertone that gives it depth.
The light powderiness makes it look extremely elegant and upscale, but does not disturb for evenings of celebrating with friends.
The fragrance is relatively linear and does not really change. The freshness in the top note caused by the bergamot in the beginning disappears relatively soon and gives way to coumarin, amber & patchouli.
I also definitely get a little of this "rubber/plastic" vibe that some others describe, but in a form that is extremely sexy.
I also find small parallels in Tom Ford's Fucking Fabulous, which concerns this, even if just mentioned is much more "toned down".

At the moment I can't imagine a better fragrance for an elegant evening out, for example where you come from in a suit. Despite the fact that it is a designer fragrance, which is available in every Müller & Douglas, to be honest I didn't smell it on any other and find the fragrance DNA itself quite unique.
The shelf life is completely ok and the Sillage is also ok.
The bottle design hits the nail on the head.
9.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

AdAstra72
The music was new black polished chrome ..
The music was new black polished chrome ...

... and came over the summer like liquid night ...

Acid techno producer Emanuel Top used this phrase from Jim Morrison in the mid 90s for his legendary track "Turkish Bazar" as a recurring loop.
The number ran up and down the techno clubs back then and I just didn't get tired of it.
And this track with its deep rumbling 303 boom* and the typical acid sounds was exactly what I had in mind when I first tested Luna Rossa Black.

The music was new black polished chrome and came over the summer like liquid night ...
mmz . mmz . mmz

Something seductive, synthetically sweet dances like a luminous silhouette through a smooth, reflective black. It moves gently and rhythmically to a bass that resembles an ecstatic heart rate ... carefree, unimpressed, lustful and always forward ...

mmz . mmz . mmz

It must be the coumarin that swings gently glowing through the darkness of the patchouli and the woody amber and takes one into the dark and warm night.
Pulsating snapshots of shimmering body contours that the light of the stroboscope stamps into the black haze of the scenery.
And one follows the fragrance full of desire for new experiences and tingling uncertainty.

mmz . mmz . mmz

With Luna Rossa Black Prada has created a timeless and beautiful fragrance for long club nights (and everything that might happen during and around them), beautiful evenings but also for relaxed days (after heavy club nights?) ...
I now take a deep breath and suck the Luna Rossa Black from my forearm, turn up the thick black (!) volume control and let it rumble on ...

mmz . mmz . mmz
* fyi: The Roland TB-303 is an analog synthesizer with a characteristic sound that has influenced the music styles acid house and acid techno.
9.0 9.0 10.0 10.0/10

The best of both worlds
This fragrance has already been described here as a hermaphrodite from the Luna Rossa and L'Homme series and I can only underline that. What's more, for me he unites the best of both worlds.

I became aware of the scent through a sample. After spraying on the back of my hand I found myself sniffing it again and again. The game went on for hours and it always gave me a pleasant feeling. But I didn't find him so extraordinary?! I couldn't even say exactly what fascinated me.

It captivates by its simplicity and clarity, which takes without killing.
With Luna Rossa Black, Prada has created a fragrance that is sweet and gourmandig and at the same time powdery, clean and discreetly spicy. For me it is a "cleaner" gourmand who knows how to convince with style and elegance. He convinced me in any case and I can only advise you to take a test.

Conclusion: Luna Rossa Black is definitely "different" and this "otherness" must first be given some space and impartiality. However, this could turn out to be a win and a new jewel in the fragrance collection.

Durability: Even after more than 10 hours I can still perceive it discreetly.
Sillage: Is initially really good and then retreats to a level close to the body after 4-5 hours.
Bottle: Completely in black to match the name "Black". Haptically and optically a beautiful bottle with a good spray head. Only the simple plastic ring as spray head cover surprises a little.

7.0 6.0 6.0 9.0/10

Leimbacher
Rubber over and the night is yours
"Prada Luna Rossa Black got stuck in a long duty-free test session. Absolutely. And therefore he also had to be tested on the skin and. A hit. A complete success. I like it real good. A hermaphroditic creature from the Luna Rossa and L'Homme series. Memories also come back to "Bulgari Black" and "Roberto Cavalli Black". And that's always a compliment. Not classic black of associations, rather pink, grey, futuristic. But if you look at the interpretations of the theme Black, this direction is my favorite...

"Prada Black, as I'd like to call it, is a rubbery iris coumarin diamond. Not cheap, but high quality. Shining like a lake in the moonlight. Where we would be again at Luna (Rossa)... "Black" is a fabulous, cool but at the same time cuddly scent. He arrives in the ladies' world excellently, without slipping into the usual panty dropper milieus. Prada is on fire lately. "Black" is the temporary climax. He could become one of those insider tips. And once it's after his hiring. Which, of course, I won't say. He should stay, he's too good. He stands out from the crowd in the men's designer shelf. Positive throughout. The only thing you can chalk up is that he's a little fugitive. But after-spraying is then each time again a small olfactory death. Sensitive, androgynous, modern. Like an airy powdery version of the Bulgari rubber puck. Never boring, never arbitrary, despite the many style neighbors I mentioned. Liquorice, petrogly and soft like an elf's bum. Prada powder perfection.

Flacon: black, great, great sprayer, everything tutti
Sillage: pleasant, getting attention
Shelf life: 6 hours - there should be more to it. But it's ok.

Conclusion: my dearest Luna Rossa. By far. He has hardly anything in common with his brothers and could also be called "Prada Black". Almost closer to L'Homme than to his family. Beautiful, unusual, powdery, soft, purple-black. Masculin is different, but it doesn't matter. Rubber iris with recognition effect. Fantastic!
5.0 9.0 9.0 10.0/10

Aroma elixir
Very aromatic, high-quality, fruity, sweet, slightly kneaded, addictive flattering scent that does not match the dull flacon design at all. Could well be unisex. Patchouli as the main note was perfectly woven with the others to a fragrant elixir. Strong resemblance to Aromadisiac (For Her) by Avon. It will probably remain an insider's tip, but it's a shame because Luna Rossa Black is one of the few expressive, unmistakable fragrances this year (2018).
7.0 7.0 8.5/10

DonJuanDeCat
The red moon turns black and smells wonderful!
So, once again there is another Luna Rossa Flanker. Meanwhile there are already some of them, and most of them I actually found quite nice, except for last year's Luna Rossa Carbon, who in my opinion wanted to be somehow like Dior's Sauvage, but somehow had messed it up and smelled terribly synthetic. So more synthetic than usual, because all Prada fragrances have a certain synthetic anyway, but most of them are quite well made, where I always say: If you can smell synthetic, then it's just like in most Pradas.

Anyway, with the Black Prada makes good again what they had screwed up with the carbon for me, because luckily this fragrance here smells really good again, even if the name translated (red moon black) should sound somehow totally stupid... :D

And for my father I still write: "You see, I don't just test women's scents! Tss...
But the explanation why I have tested so many women's fragrances appears in another Kommi the days, or even blog, or both, oh, depending on :DD

The fragrance:
The fragrance begins spicy and sweet. The sweetness seems to me like a mix of amber and tonka bean, the spicy one is peppery, but well dosed and not pungent. The tonka bean (or coumarin) also makes the fragrance powdery softer.
Quickly (undefinable) woods are added as well. The powdery one reminds a little bit also of iris resp. looks like the powdery iris note from Prada's Infusion d'Iris Cèdre, only without the soap-smelling Bei note resp. the Bei note here is very small and soon also no longer really smells.
A little later, the fragrance remains largely as before. One still smells very good powdery-sweet tonka bean as well as a little spicy-woody in the background.
Also in the later basis the smell smells practically like at any time and as described above. However, the fragrance is now even softer and more powdery and the woody notes somewhat stronger, while the pepper now moves into the background, but a certain spice of it remains light. All in all, absolutely nothing new in itself, but something very nicely smelling.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is good, although not so strong. It remains good to smell for a while without you having to get too close to it to be able to smell it.
I found the durability to be good with over eight hours, which is sufficient for many occasions, such as using it during the day at work/uni, simply in my spare time or also for going out.

The bottle:
The basic shape of the bottle has the same appearance as all Luna Rossa fragrances. So it's slightly rectangular-oval. The lower part is matt black and you can see the name of the flanker, while the upper part is glossy black. The vertical Prada lettering can also be seen here. All in all a nice flacon, whereby I like the original flacons with the "radiator grille" better.

Soo, the new Prada Luna Rossa has become a very successful fragrance for me. First of all I should say that you don't get anything new with the scent. A fragrance that smells beautiful of powdery-sweet tonka bean and also radiates fragrances of woods and light spices is actually enough, since these fragrances exist like sand in the sea. I know, I write something like this a lot lately, but it's just the way it is, especially if you've tried a lot of scents, it's more difficult to discover something new, at least if you don't want it to smell a little abnormal :D

Nevertheless, the fragrance smells very nice and for me it has become a great fragrance, especially for going out. Now it fits perfectly into this season, autumn and winter, so you can try it if you don't already have one of these fragrances or if you're interested in Prada (although you should also test Prada's new L'Homme fragrances here, as most of them are great!).

With this Prada returns to its roots for me a little bit, where they deliver well made fragrances with the well known Prada DNA (powdery-sweetish with slightly synthetic soapy touches). Whether the fragrance has the DNA of the Luna Rossa series or not, I can't say at the moment, because it's been a while since I had the original Luna Rossa under my nose. I'll probably add this when I get a chance.

But as I said, I think the fragrance is very good. And as I always write with sexy lady scents that the scent could let a lady radiate "deliciously", so I think that this scent should let us guys smell a little more exciting here, too,... at least I hope that :))
8.0 5.0 6.0 7.0/10

Contemporary Rubber
Luna Rossa Black is a well composed likable fragrance, and I have no doubt it will have a solid success on the market during next three to five years. In my opinion, it is nothing revolutionary – it takes the idea behind legendary Bvlgari Black and reshapes it for a contemporary audience with some Ambroxan undertones. It opens with just a touch of bergamot and immediately goes to Bvlgari-like eraser rubber. Personally, I am a big fan of these rubber accords that reminds me of school. I can sense also some lavender touch as a hommage to Gaultier’s Le Male. Beneath this main rubber accord are hidden some vanilla undertones with benzoin and Tonka as a more pronounced notes. Possibly, these two notes are responsible for this amber-like olfactory mirage plus some shady and contemporary Ambroxan touch.

Rating: 7/10

More on Scentimentalwords

KimJong 15 days ago
Purchased it immediately after try at a department store. How a combination of rubber tires and dark citrus creams make such a nice scent!
9.0
Nik604 44 days ago
Luna Rossa Coumarin ( not much else here)

by Atanarjuat
by Atanarjuat
by Morrissey
by Morrissey
Es braucht schon eine starke Lichtquelle, um den Füllstand einsehen zu können. Größe: 100ml
by Locke93
by eBOSS
by eBOSS
Der undurchsichtigste Flakon der mir bekannt ist.  Größe: 100ml
by Locke93

Popular Prada

L'Homme by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2007) by Prada Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Candy (Eau de Parfum) by Prada Infusion d'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Luna Rossa (Eau de Toilette) by Prada L'Homme Intense by Prada Prada (2004) / Prada Amber by Prada Prada L'Eau Ambrée by Prada Luna Rossa Extreme by Prada Infusion d'Iris Absolue by Prada Infusion de Fleur d'Oranger by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Toilette) by Prada La Femme by Prada Infusion de Vétiver (2010) by Prada Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada Amber pour Homme Intense by Prada Infusion d'Iris Cèdre by Prada Infusion d'Amande by Prada Luna Rossa Sport by Prada