Luna Rossa Black (2018)

Luna Rossa Black by Prada
Luna Rossa Black (Prada)
Luna Rossa Black is a new perfume by Prada for men and was released in 2018. The scent is sweet-woody. It is being marketed by Puig.

Daniela Andrier

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Angelica
Heart Notes Heart NotesPatchouli, Coumarin
Base Notes Base NotesWoody amber

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 14.10.2018

Bottle 7.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 8.5/10
The red moon turns black and smells wonderful!
So, once again there is another Luna Rossa Flanker. Meanwhile there are already some of them, and most of them I actually found quite nice, except for last year's Luna Rossa Carbon, who in my opinion wanted to be somehow like Dior's Sauvage, but somehow had messed it up and smelled terribly synthetic. So more synthetic than usual, because all Prada fragrances have a certain synthetic anyway, but most of them are quite well made, where I always say: If you can smell synthetic, then it's just like in most Pradas.

Anyway, with the Black Prada makes good again what they had screwed up with the carbon for me, because luckily this fragrance here smells really good again, even if the name translated (red moon black) should sound somehow totally stupid... :D

And for my father I still write: "You see, I don't just test women's scents! Tss...
But the explanation why I have tested so many women's fragrances appears in another Kommi the days, or even blog, or both, oh, depending on :DD

The fragrance:
The fragrance begins spicy and sweet. The sweetness seems to me like a mix of amber and tonka bean, the spicy one is peppery, but well dosed and not pungent. The tonka bean (or coumarin) also makes the fragrance powdery softer.
Quickly (undefinable) woods are added as well. The powdery one reminds a little bit also of iris resp. looks like the powdery iris note from Prada's Infusion d'Iris Cèdre, only without the soap-smelling Bei note resp. the Bei note here is very small and soon also no longer really smells.
A little later, the fragrance remains largely as before. One still smells very good powdery-sweet tonka bean as well as a little spicy-woody in the background.
Also in the later basis the smell smells practically like at any time and as described above. However, the fragrance is now even softer and more powdery and the woody notes somewhat stronger, while the pepper now moves into the background, but a certain spice of it remains light. All in all, absolutely nothing new in itself, but something very nicely smelling.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is good, although not so strong. It remains good to smell for a while without you having to get too close to it to be able to smell it.
I found the durability to be good with over eight hours, which is sufficient for many occasions, such as using it during the day at work/uni, simply in my spare time or also for going out.

The bottle:
The basic shape of the bottle has the same appearance as all Luna Rossa fragrances. So it's slightly rectangular-oval. The lower part is matt black and you can see the name of the flanker, while the upper part is glossy black. The vertical Prada lettering can also be seen here. All in all a nice flacon, whereby I like the original flacons with the "radiator grille" better.

Soo, the new Prada Luna Rossa has become a very successful fragrance for me. First of all I should say that you don't get anything new with the scent. A fragrance that smells beautiful of powdery-sweet tonka bean and also radiates fragrances of woods and light spices is actually enough, since these fragrances exist like sand in the sea. I know, I write something like this a lot lately, but it's just the way it is, especially if you've tried a lot of scents, it's more difficult to discover something new, at least if you don't want it to smell a little abnormal :D

Nevertheless, the fragrance smells very nice and for me it has become a great fragrance, especially for going out. Now it fits perfectly into this season, autumn and winter, so you can try it if you don't already have one of these fragrances or if you're interested in Prada (although you should also test Prada's new L'Homme fragrances here, as most of them are great!).

With this Prada returns to its roots for me a little bit, where they deliver well made fragrances with the well known Prada DNA (powdery-sweetish with slightly synthetic soapy touches). Whether the fragrance has the DNA of the Luna Rossa series or not, I can't say at the moment, because it's been a while since I had the original Luna Rossa under my nose. I'll probably add this when I get a chance.

But as I said, I think the fragrance is very good. And as I always write with sexy lady scents that the scent could let a lady radiate "deliciously", so I think that this scent should let us guys smell a little more exciting here, too,... at least I hope that :))
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 6.0/10 Scent 7.0/10
Contemporary Rubber
Luna Rossa Black is a well composed likable fragrance, and I have no doubt it will have a solid success on the market during next three to five years. In my opinion, it is nothing revolutionary – it takes the idea behind legendary Bvlgari Black and reshapes it for a contemporary audience with some Ambroxan undertones. It opens with just a touch of bergamot and immediately goes to Bvlgari-like eraser rubber. Personally, I am a big fan of these rubber accords that reminds me of school. I can sense also some lavender touch as a hommage to Gaultier’s Le Male. Beneath this main rubber accord are hidden some vanilla undertones with benzoin and Tonka as a more pronounced notes. Possibly, these two notes are responsible for this amber-like olfactory mirage plus some shady and contemporary Ambroxan touch.

Rating: 7/10

More on Scentimentalwords

Popular Prada

Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2007) by Prada Candy (Eau de Parfum) by Prada Infusion d'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada L'Homme by Prada Luna Rossa (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Prada (2004) / Prada Amber by Prada Prada L'Eau Ambrée by Prada Luna Rossa Extreme by Prada Infusion d'Iris Absolue by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Infusion de Fleur d'Oranger by Prada L'Homme Intense by Prada Infusion de Vétiver (2010) by Prada La Femme by Prada Amber pour Homme Intense by Prada Candy L'Eau by Prada Candy Florale by Prada Infusion de Tubéreuse by Prada Luna Rossa Sport by Prada