Luna Rossa Carbon 2017

Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada
Luna Rossa Carbon is a popular perfume by Prada for men and was released in 2017. The scent is fresh-synthetic. It is being marketed by Puig.
Scent goes well with L'Homme

Daniela Andrier

Italian bergamot zestItalian bergamot zest
PepperPepper
LavenderLavender
PatchouliPatchouli
AmbroxanAmbroxan

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 13.10.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is model Tim Schumacher, photographed by Craig McDean.

KevinNW
What should I spray today?
That's the question I ask myself every morning
and my fragrances for days on which I can not decide
are actually Office for Men or Sauvage Eau de Toilette but by
a coincidence I came across Prada Luna Rossa Carbon
and have decided for him
This fragrance oh yes this fragrance it is probably the fragrance that best
harmonizes with my skin as if it were composed for them.

Luna Rossa Carbon has for me everything I want from an everyday fragrance
a good durability about 8h +/-
and a projection that one perceives
about two to three meters far
(unobtrusive, pleasant)

Compared with my Office for Men or Sauvage Eau de Toilette which have the same application purpose with me
he comes to me also more balanced over
because without him without the pungent notes of Sauvage
or the Testo super Sillage as with the Office(POWER KRRRAFT) comes
Luna Rossa Carbon works on me balanced with nuances of a aftershave note
which probably comes from the lavender

CONCLUSION
Luna Rossa Carbon is for me one of the best fragrances in its direction
He is indeed without batting an eyelash a copy of Sauvage Eau de Toilette
but still for me one of the best if not the best fragrance in its category
He has no pungent spice like some others or a testo full pumped sillage like some others
which I can not use in such fragrances

I have also asked various people from my environment to say what to this fragrance and what they associate with it
and the answers went almost all in the same
Direction: fresh, unobtrusive, pleasant.
Those are the answers I want to hear to a "no brainer"/ everyday fragrance

(However, everyone should be aware that this perfume the fragrance world does not put on the head but simply takes existing and it "new" and "better" represents)
I am grateful to have smelled the fragrance :)

Quite OK
The target audience is definitely older men (50-80) who love the North Sea or Baltic Sea. The smell that can be perceived as the first reminds of aftershave and the first 30 minutes are very intrusive and artificial. It would be possible to wear the perfume every day, but I don't trust everyone to do that. The heart note is definitely calmer and more pleasant, good for going out, and doesn't have a high sillage. The smell is also in my opinion also not at all special and even boring, as it resembles many higher quality aftershaves.
A man for the ladies
I have had the fragrance in my range since 2018. After the first scent sample in the store, I had fallen in love pretty quickly. The scent is very gentle, soft, slightly synthetic (but not annoying!) and extremely fresh. The freshness stands out very strongly in my eyes. It's my everyday scent that I can wear for pretty much any occasion and season.
It is one of the more "affordable" fragrances and in my opinion a very overlooked fragrance.
The fragrance is very well received by the ladies. At work, he may not be the most appropriate fragrance, because he is still relatively attractive.
A clear buy recommendation and in my opinion the best of the Luna Rossa series and personally my favorite fragrance from the house of Prada.
Diggadance
Please ignore the title I couldn't think of anything better and I didn't have a turn to come up with something on impulse.

I bought the Prada Luna Rossa Carbon about 1 year ago at the beginning of my perfume journey. When I first put it on I just thought : digga ciao what is this!!!?!? It smelled metallic and my nose was not able to handle the fragrance at all. I knew before no Ambroxan-Lastigen fragrances, thereby I knew or could not classify what I smell there at all.
It took a while until I got warm with the fragrance and also recognized the other fragrance notes. I do not want to say that is due to the complexity of the fragrance ... It was due to my sense of smell and the non-existent perception of individual components.

To the fragrance:

The fragrance starts with a thick ambroxan/pepper uppercut. This was very nicely combined with each other so that I do not feel it as stabbing - rather smooth. In the middle part, the metallic elements come into play. I think carbon hits it well in this case as the scent is rounded out again at this point.... Digga when the lavender then comes into play is game over for me.... Am a huge fan of this combo. It all seems very harmonious and played for me.
And so it remains then on my skin: slightly metallic lavender on an Ambroxan - Booty.... (Cardi B Style)

I wear it mega happy to work.... He goes but also to the date or in the club.... A solid all-rounder.

Durability is very good with me. The fragrance cloud could be quiet a little stronger and more present.

On the whole, a great fragrance that I like very much and like to wear
One of the best..
Prada Luna Rossa Carbon is in any case a fragrance that you should have smelled. I think he smells fresh - fruity what one also clearly perceives, but not so that it is intrusive but very pleasant.

I would love to smell this fragrance throughout, after a while you can also clearly smell a slight DNA of Dior Sauvage EDT out. On my skin I smell the fragrance so about the 8-9 hours what can be different but with everyone. In my opinion, the fragrance is rather what for older teenagers to young adults, but that does not mean that you can wear it as a child, adult or pensioner that is left up to you.

Finally, I can say that I have not yet smelled a better fragrance and I am simply overwhelmed by this fragrance and I can recommend it to everyone.

Fresh, Nice Lavendery Metallic Am-Bomb
This fragrance opens up sharp - fresh, intense, slightly sour with ambroxan and aromatic effect. If this smell was a movie, the lead actor in it would be 'ambroxan note' . Because the ambroxan note is very effective and dominant in the opening of this fragrance. At the same time, the effect of ambroxan continues until the smell is gone.

From the opening, you feel little bergamot and the mineralic - metallic - aromatic air, but still the most dominant note is ambroxan(sharp ambroxan- definitely ambroxan bomb) . That's why I don't like the opening of this smell.

As time goes by, the lavender note begins to become evident. Mineral metallic notes become more prominent.

Then the aromatic aura of the smell increases as the ambroxan loses its effect. The scent becomes more pleasant as the effect of the Ambroxan bomb diminishes. After that the fragrance turns into a very well blending. Has very little fresh-peppery and synthetic air.

The aromatic mineral metallic lavendery and ambroxan blend in the heart notes gives the fragrance its true character.
And the smell ends with a pleasant slightly lavendery - aromatic dry down..

It's a good choice to call this fragrance "carbon." Because I really feel the metallic texture, the vibrations of watery and coal, and the smell of lavender added to the wet soil tincture.

If the ambroxan note wasn't so dominant, I might like this scent more. It's a good smell but it's not perfect for me.

I don't think that smell is uniseks. Contrariwise, I think it's a clean men's perfume.

In addition, this fragrance is a fragrance that can be used with pleasure instead of Sauvage. Because I think this smell is more tame than Sauvage.

If a color represented this smell, it would be 'lavender blue' or dark blue with a slight gray orientation.

Suitable for wearing on warm days and rainy days. Suitable for sport and casual life.

This fragrance can make you get compliments.

It lasts more than 8+ hours on my skin.
Prada Luna Rossa Carbon
I finally got myself the red moon from Prada in the carbon version.
The associations to the bluing of Dior have driven away with me the interest in the fragrance.
You must know, The blue Dior is not one of my favorite fragrances, this is partly because it seems to me a bit synthetic but also very violent.
Luna Rossa Carbon already smells similar in the later course of the fragrance but also especially in the dry down.
But how can it be that I do not like the wild Dior but the Luna Rossa Carbon so highly rated? Quite simply.
The Luna Rosa Carbon has managed to bring the components into a good harmony. The ambroxan here is very well dosed and even works very gently. Also, Carbon is not as synthetic as Sauvage. (Now I have yet said the name, sorry.)
But now comes the best part of the fragrance. Because Prada has not only refined the DNA of the one Dior perfume, but also introduced a dark, metallic twist, which makes the whole thing seem much more noble.
For me, Prada Luna Rossa Carbon is not a cheap imitation, it is simply an improved and more elegant version. Nevertheless, it brings its own twist and is therefore also independent enough to be distinguished.

I already had Sauvage...
...and I read all of the comparisons, so I chose to leave this one alone when I hit my favorite section of Dillards. Then one day I thought, can it REALLY be THAT similar?

So I sprayed it on a test strip (in today’s “pandemic” society, you’re not supposed to touch the testers). On the strip it was “in the same ballpark,” but not as close as the reviews said it would be. So I picked up a 150ml bottle for $70 on MaxAroma.

Then it arrived on my doorstep and I gave it a few spritzes after a long hot shower. THAT’S when I smelled the similarities. ESPECIALLY in the opening. It’s a lighter, softer, more round version of it, but it is indeed VERY similar to Sauvage... in the opening. As the mids start to develop, however, it starts to show how it is indeed “it’s own animal”. First, it sweetens up for a bit, and then it turns into an almost “sour” feeling lavender. A very nice, individualized aroma.

Performance wise is where it also differs from Sauvage; it’s not as strong projection wise, barely reaching out to a 3ft radius, but sillage wise it isn’t bad, as the scent trail definitely sits and marks where you have been. Longevity isn’t bad, it’s just that it sits closer to you for the 8hour duration, rather than calling out to everyone like the bonfire of the Johnny Depp campaign does.

I like it a lot, and agree to a degree that it is somewhat similar to Sauvage, but if I had to choose between the two, I would reach for Sauvage, mainly because we live in a society that requires us to be masked, and I want my investment to project well enough in this time of distancing to be noticed.
Sailing in a bottle
On the Mediterranean ,Sailing ,Waves ,Sports ,Cap,Sunglasses . In the evening of a great day you reach for your SHAMPOO WITH FRESH KICK. A sporty fragrance that performs clean and strong. That clearly shows others who makes every day theirs. But that's exactly what it is. For me a fragrance after showering after sports. On the way home with sports bag over the shoulder. Or to the common sit in at a Sporte ivent . No disco, no fancy dinner, no date. After Sport !!! Simply good
Sweetish - Gentle
A very nice fragrance that reminds me a bit of Dior Sauvage. But Carbon is softer and not so synthetic. Absolute compliment bringer and recommendable fragrance. I would recommend the fragrance now in spring during the day. It would also be great on a date. Currently it has become one of my favorites. Definitely give it a try.

Love greetings

Maik

HugoMontezHugoMontez 4 months ago
Cool opening with bergamot and lavender. There's a metallic vibe and a peppery nuance but it fail to convince in the drydown. Disappointing
DaiorosDaioros 4 months ago
Never thought that a metalic smell could be so good.
Love at first sniff.
Instead of lavander I smell something like iris.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 5 months ago
Luna Rossa Carbon has a shower gel vibe, clean, smooth, sweet. The soft lavender with the Ambroxan are well-dosed. Safe and versatile scent.
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 5 months ago
A more creamy and overall better interpretation of Dior Sauvage. Very clean and not as screechy
CaspikaarCaspikaar 6 months ago
The power of subtlety.
Lazy sunday afternoon juice.

Sometimes less is more.
FatihkarlFatihkarl 6 months ago
Fresh opening, lavendery, aromatic, metallic, mineraly and clean. Masculine and very good. I like it.
Kazos07Kazos07 7 months ago
Metallic, light version of Dior Sauvage. Much cheaper as well
GreMuserGreMuser 9 months ago
Fresh classic lavender fougere, dries down soapy and clean.
Dan81Dan81 1 year ago
Sauvage alternative for day time use in the heat. Wife likes it but I don't get excited wearing it. Happy with purchase but won't buy again
BardiaGHBardiaGH 2 years ago

by Golcher
by NasiGoreng
by NasiGoreng

Popular Prada

L'Homme by Prada L'Homme Intense by Prada Olfactories - Cargo de Nuit by Prada Luna Rossa Black by Prada Infusion d'Iris Absolue by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2015) by Prada Infusion d'Iris Cèdre by Prada Infusion d'Amande by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2007) by Prada L'Homme L'Eau by Prada L'Homme Water Splash by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Infusion d'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Prada (2004) / Prada Amber by Prada Luna Rossa Extreme by Prada Olfactories - Purple Rain by Prada La Femme by Prada Olfactories - Miracle of the Rose by Prada Prada (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Prada