Luna Rossa Carbon 2017

Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada
Luna Rossa Carbon is a popular perfume by Prada for men and was released in 2017. The scent is fresh-synthetic. It is being marketed by Puig.
Scent goes well with L'Homme

Daniela Andrier

Italian bergamot zest, Pepper, Lavender, Patchouli, Ambroxan

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 07.05.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is model Tim Schumacher, photographed by Craig McDean.

I already had Sauvage...
...and I read all of the comparisons, so I chose to leave this one alone when I hit my favorite section of Dillards. Then one day I thought, can it REALLY be THAT similar?

So I sprayed it on a test strip (in today’s “pandemic” society, you’re not supposed to touch the testers). On the strip it was “in the same ballpark,” but not as close as the reviews said it would be. So I picked up a 150ml bottle for $70 on MaxAroma.

Then it arrived on my doorstep and I gave it a few spritzes after a long hot shower. THAT’S when I smelled the similarities. ESPECIALLY in the opening. It’s a lighter, softer, more round version of it, but it is indeed VERY similar to Sauvage... in the opening. As the mids start to develop, however, it starts to show how it is indeed “it’s own animal”. First, it sweetens up for a bit, and then it turns into an almost “sour” feeling lavender. A very nice, individualized aroma.

Performance wise is where it also differs from Sauvage; it’s not as strong projection wise, barely reaching out to a 3ft radius, but sillage wise it isn’t bad, as the scent trail definitely sits and marks where you have been. Longevity isn’t bad, it’s just that it sits closer to you for the 8hour duration, rather than calling out to everyone like the bonfire of the Johnny Depp campaign does.

I like it a lot, and agree to a degree that it is somewhat similar to Sauvage, but if I had to choose between the two, I would reach for Sauvage, mainly because we live in a society that requires us to be masked, and I want my investment to project well enough in this time of distancing to be noticed.
Sailing in a bottle
On the Mediterranean ,Sailing ,Waves ,Sports ,Cap,Sunglasses . In the evening of a great day you reach for your SHAMPOO WITH FRESH KICK. A sporty fragrance that performs clean and strong. That clearly shows others who makes every day theirs. But that's exactly what it is. For me a fragrance after showering after sports. On the way home with sports bag over the shoulder. Or to the common sit in at a Sporte ivent . No disco, no fancy dinner, no date. After Sport !!! Simply good
Sweetish - Gentle
A very nice fragrance that reminds me a bit of Dior Sauvage. But Carbon is softer and not so synthetic. Absolute compliment bringer and recommendable fragrance. I would recommend the fragrance now in spring during the day. It would also be great on a date. Currently it has become one of my favorites. Definitely give it a try.

Love greetings

Maik

Prada Luna Rossa Carbon EDT
I absolutely love this scent. It always has a soothing and settling effect on me. I get regular appreciation from others when wearing this beautiful aroma. It's the blend of lavender and ambroxan that is so lovely and has a softness to the blend while being a pungent at the same time. You'll keep getting those lush wafts in the air when moving about. Also with the Bergamot and pepper top that gives it freshness, lift and a nice warm spice. When I have a date or want to make a great first impression I always use this old faithful.
Scent 10/10 sillage 9/10 longevity 9/10
Balticsea
Faber-Castell in a Bottle or "What the hell is a pencil supposed to smell like?"
Moin dear perfumos out there. I hope you are well and you beat yourselves bravely through these crazy times.

Today we take on a fragrance that can be purchased cheaply and that really surprised me. The speech is from Prada Luna Rossa Carbon - hereafter only PLRC called.

I have long hesitated to test this fragrance, too much have deterred me the fragrance notes, especially the ambroxan - a fragrance note that I could not really get something - at least until now - but more about that later. The several comparisons to Dior Sauvage were also a reason for my dislike. DS is a fragrance that I just can't warm up to. Whether it's an EdP or an EdT, we just don't become friends. Don't get me wrong, if someone walks past me and I catch a glimpse of this scent, I like it - but if I wear it and thus have this scent permanently hanging in my nose, then this scent is kind of like that one friend that almost everyone in their circle of friends has. That one friend who always laughs louder than everyone else, who is always in an over-the-top good mood and can never be serious. The one who wants to love everyone and is the loudest at every party. It's super fun for an evening - but if you had this girlfriend around all the time, you'd eventually feel the need to stick a pencil in your ear and see if you could scratch your brain with it. Speaking of pencils - let's finally get to the actual topic, the Prada Luna Rossa Carbon, oops sorry - I mean to the PLRC :-)
The bottle: 7/10

The design is simple and I actually quite like it visually. Also the weight fits. What I do not like so well, however, is the sprayer. This is simply too big for me. But that is of course a matter of taste. Nevertheless, a solid 7.
The scent: 8.5/10

Let's give in to the scent.

The prelude is characterized by a, really subtle and immediately held only in the background bergamot and a decent pinch of black pepper. The pepper, however, is not a bit biting. He is clearly present, but at no time overloaded. Respect for this balance. Because the degree between dominant and penetrating pepper is narrow.

After a short time, the dark coal, which give the fragrance a certain depth and very cool metallic notes join. In addition, the Ambroxan so despised by me now also inexorably paves the way forward. These three notes dominate the action from here on out and stay at the party until the very end. However, ambrox is not the loud friend here. Prada has managed to stage this fragrance note incredibly softly and gently. What is far too loud and aggressive for me in the Sauvage, Prada brings in an incredibly gentle, good harmony in the bottle. Similarities are of course not to be denied - a quick look at the fragrance pyramid is enough - but the Prad.....sorry, the PLRC is definitely the mature, big brother. A gentleman. Someone who stands out through elegance. Not by being pushy. Picking up the three main players of PLRC then is definitely the lavender, which makes this scent super wearable and elegant despite all its coolness and harshness. Also the Patschulli helps here later. The fragrance never takes off. It seems perfectly balanced from front to back. The scent is a true gentleman - and that's despite the pepper-ambrox combo. Respect. Incidentally, the headline already suggests that I associate the fragrance a little with a pencil - this is due to the metallic notes and the coal - but more on this in a moment.
In short:

We have here an extremely mineral, cool and hard fragrance, which thanks to the bergamot nevertheless brings a decent freshness and despite all the mineral notes never drifts into the dull. All in all, this fragrance is very balanced - and that with this fragrance tree - I can only pay respect and take my hat off!
Durability: 8/10

Short and sweet, one point per hour - so makes 8 points at 8 hours shelf life. For this price more than neat. On the clothes even the next day still clearly noticeable.
Sillage: 8/10

The sillage is here on Parfumo a little bit underrated in my opinion. However, such sensations are rather subjective nature.

And for my (subjective) feeling this fragrance radiates quite neatly. As with every fragrance (except the Shaghaf Oud) I operate the sprayer exactly 5 times. (1x behind each ear, 1x front on the clothes, 1x in the hair [that always finds my wife particularly strange ;-P] and once in the neck)

This spray behavior provides the Prada Lu......halt....beim PLRC then for the fact that I am the first 2 hours in a - loosely at an arm's length - well perceivable fragrance cloud.

In the hours 3 and 4 one would give even in a car or an elevator still a fleeting impression. After that, it is then very close to the skin until after said 8 hours then also finally the air is out. All in all, a reasonable performance.
Wearability: 8.5/10
The fragrance is indeed a classic all-rounder - like the Sauvage, this fragrance can actually be worn anytime, anywhere. Casual, office, sports, day, night. He will never tarnish. For me, a truly classic everyday fragrance. However, not necessarily a candidate for temperatures below 10 degrees for me due to the coolness. However, this is also just my subjective opinion. Also to party or for a date, this fragrance would not be my first choice now - although he will never tarnish even in these situations.
Compliments: 6.5/10

As I said, it is a fragrance that will never tarnish. For sure, however, this fragrance is also not a compliment monster. PLRC is just a very elegant fragrance. No Headturner, - and yet everyone who smells it on you will think - "hmm, but the smells really good". This fragrance does not want to stand out at any price - and it does not have to.
Conclusion:
Everything the Sauvage does wrong for my liking, the PLRC does spot on. Less loud, less penetrating, less coarse. My absolute favorite ambroxan scent. (because the only one I find really good).
Closing words:

Let's get to the headline and the reasoning behind why I'm calling this a Faber-Castell fragrance.

In some comment someone wrote about this fragrance smelling a bit like pencil and I had to smile. Because he was right. Someone then commented on that comment and asked the question, how the hell is a pencil supposed to smell? :-) a fair question.
But that's exactly what's so crazy - because when you put your nose up to a pencil, there's not really much there that your nose can detect. But here's the thing:

You want to know how a pencil smells? Then spray on the PLRC, wait two minutes and hold your nose to the spot you just sprayed on. And you will immediately know what I mean. You will inevitably think of it - and without being able to explain it to yourself, you will say "dude, he's right - that scent smells - like a pencil". And you will grin - as I did. Because from this moment on you know "what the hell a pencil smells like. :-D
Hanseatic greetings and see you soon :-)
Balanced strength
"Sauvage copycat", "tamed sauvage", "boring sauvage" are names that definitely accompany this fragrance.
Why? Because it came out after the "original"? Because Prada obviously took inspiration from Dior? In my opinion, Carbon has a distinct originality and less similarity than one might assume from various comments and reviews. In addition, I find the parallel, which are nevertheless there, with the Carbon clearly better succeeded and much more rounded.

Admittedly, it is not particularly natural. Ambroxan is simply Ambroxan. Plus, I've had few perfumes that draw a more linear scent picture like this one. But it's good, it's pleasing, and for days when you don't know what to wear or for the office, it's the perfect companion. A solid, balanced freshener that doesn't give up quickly thanks to the ambrox. Lavender accompanies pleasantly unobtrusive.
Luna Rossa Carbon vs. Sauvage
Very nice fresh scent, suitable for every day.
I can understand the resemblance to Sauvage, but the LRC is different for me, but not a bad imitation, even if I like Sauvage more overall.
NiceSmell
Sporty, fresh, and a little spicy...
A flanker on the Luna Rossa row. Years ago, I was allowed to try the original Luna Rossa. I liked it as well, but I didn't like it After months or years I became aware of it again and after a few recessions I also became aware of carbon. Not everyone likes it very much.

Fortunately I was able to get hold of a sample and wear it today. I must say he opens the dance of scents sporty and spicy. I'm not a big fan of spicy, pungent scents. It's still going, though. He's developing nicely and the Ambroxan is showing to advantage. It reminds you of the competition. But he's not losing his athleticism
Still, personally, he doesn't quite knock me out. As I said, it is a sporty, fresh scent for everyday life. In my eyes you attract attention but don't necessarily stay in my memory for long
Performance: good
Shelf life: also good (well over 8 hours)

If I get a good offer, I might take it. I like the Flanker BLACK a little better...fits more into the autumn/winter time

Ambroxan for gentleman
Hard to not comapre this fragrance with Sauvage EdT, because of the release date and the similarities.
So first of all let me clarify: I hate Sauvage. Really, really hate it. Its like an expression of the lack of elegance, a big punch in the face of the community. But yeah, it smells good. The problem is sillage, the sharpness, the lack of refinement.

..and here comes the Luna Rossa..

The Luna Rossa is like a reformuation of Sauvage in a gentleman's hands. Not as sharp, not as loud, not as aggressive, zero puch-in-the-face, but it has the Freshness of the ambroxan, the masculinity of the pepper, just its much more elegant with the mix of lavander. And its not just about the smell, it has the right amount of sillage, because its totally recognizable, but not overpowering like Sauvage. Happily its not a close-to-skin scent, but muted down enough to be useable in the office without frustrating your collagues.
Mrkfk
He doesn't want to be heard.
Preliminary skirmishing
When perfumes were still something special I got them for Christmas, Easter and my birthday. There they were still something special. My family obviously had a weakness for fresh, fruity and sweet scents. When I carefully hinted that I wanted to try something more distinctive, at Christmas there was something under the artificial Christmas tree that many people were afraid of (not the artificial Christmas tree, but what was under it): "Sauvage (Eau de Toilette)@Dior". For a long time the Holy Grail of my fragrance shelf and the impulse to invest my money more or less sensibly in new fragrances and blind purchases (in both cases often the latter). In the end, this new hobby has brought me into the elitist circle of scent fetishists, that is, to you here. A curse and blessing at the same time.
As I have just rung the bell, I am quite taken with the Sauvage DNA, which is why I was allowed to add the eau de parfum to my drawer/cabinet combination or something similar. Even if I use common sense with the dosage, regardless of the perfume, I don't always find the Ambroxan bomb to be the ideal companion.
Since I usually wear Prada L'Homme (whose iris is increasingly getting on my nerves), I stumbled across Luna Rossa Carbon in their range of products, which solves my ambroxan-pepper dilemma.

A similarity to Sauvage is unmistakable (I will not use the name from now on, I promise). "Luna Rossa [email protected]" is its prepubescent little brother.
The top note (you know, the thing right after spraying) differs m.M. from all BigBrother variants (including "[email protected] de Sistelle") and comes out of the spray head very fresh, metallic, synthetic. A pleasant breeze of bergamot and citric notes resonate.
Little by little pepper and ambroxan were added, which is why parallels to the "savage" become apparent. The role model literally screams for attention, the little brother waits his turn. The metallic synthetics are distorted and make way for a sweet patchouli note, which contrasts with the dominant ambroxan pepper and smoothly undermines and defuses the well-known pungency (the pungency is defused, I don't believe it). Thus less pungent, more elegant, more filigree, more mature than its older brother and in total more pleasant for all involved. Always accompanied by light lavender notes.
My imagination also tells me: a pinch of powder. Possibly because I am damaged by Prada or because the writing on the bottle is emblazoned.
The graphite note I take was not very pronounced. Under certain circumstances my beginner's nose might have to take lessons here.

Shelf life and silage
While I currently perceive (or rather do not perceive) a manageable up to an almost questionable H/S for many fragrances (including more expensive non-designer fragrances), I find this one here quite acceptable. A high flyer (I hate the term "beast") is not to be expected. At least with me, which one has to struggle with durability problems now and then, I can still perceive it after about 8 hours, even if very close. At the shirt collar accordingly longer. The projection returns relatively fast.

Flacon
Nothing unusual and no total failure. Doesn't knock anyone's socks off, but doesn't bump into anything bad either. There is no lid, but a transparent attachment has been included for travelling so that the sprayer does not become self-sufficient.
À propos sprayer: I find the amount of a spray burst to be above average.

Last autumn, as Dumb Reach (cheers for Denglish neologism), he provided me with valuable services for the office. This year it's the turn of others Now after all this blah-blah I'm surprised that my first comment (at this point I promise to improve the content and lyrics) after almost 2 years falls on "Luna Rossa [email protected]" of all things, because I have a whole bunch of other favourite (perfume) children.

On that note, a good evening to you all

Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 2 days ago
A more creamy and overall better interpretation of Dior Sauvage. Very clean and not as screechy
CaspikaarCaspikaar 21 days ago
The power of subtlety.
Lazy sunday afternoon juice.

Sometimes less is more.
FatihkarlFatihkarl 1 month ago
Fresh opening, lavendery, aromatic, metallic, mineraly and clean. Masculine and very good. I like it.
Kazos07Kazos07 1 month ago
Metallic, light version of Dior Sauvage. Much cheaper as well
GreMuserGreMuser 3 months ago
Fresh classic lavender fougere, dries down soapy and clean.
Dan81Dan81 12 months ago
Sauvage alternative for day time use in the heat. Wife likes it but I don't get excited wearing it. Happy with purchase but won't buy again
BardiaGHBardiaGH 1 year ago
Inoffensive and polite Sauvage
HubertGHubertG 1 year ago
the smell of an elegant man, fresh for all occasions, good combination of lavender and spice, carbon and black are the best from prada,
DemeteraDemetera 2 years ago
90% Sauvage, but the “different” 10% save us from the Sauvage’s headache, and make it a softer, rounded, more exciting scent.
MrHonestMrHonest 3 years ago
Sauvage gives me a headache. This doesn't. That's why I'm down with LRC - it's smoother, with less pepper and more lavender. Juuuust right.

by Brelles530
by NasiGoreng
by Demetera
by Demetera

Popular Prada

L'Homme by Prada L'Homme Intense by Prada Olfactories - Cargo de Nuit by Prada Luna Rossa Black by Prada Infusion d'Iris Absolue by Prada Infusion d'Amande by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2007) by Prada Infusion d'Iris Cèdre by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2015) by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Toilette) by Prada L'Homme L'Eau by Prada L'Homme Water Splash by Prada Infusion d'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Prada (2004) / Prada Amber by Prada Olfactories - Purple Rain by Prada Luna Rossa Extreme by Prada La Femme by Prada Olfactories - Miracle of the Rose by Prada Infusion de Vétiver (2010) by Prada