Luna Rossa Carbon 2017

Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada
Luna Rossa Carbon is a popular perfume by Prada for men and was released in 2017. The scent is synthetic-spicy. It is being marketed by Puig.

Daniela Andrier

Italian bergamot zest, Pepper, Lavender, Patchouli, Ambroxan

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 22.11.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is model Tim Schumacher, photographed by Craig McDean.

Ambroxan for gentleman
Hard to not comapre this fragrance with Sauvage EdT, because of the release date and the similarities.
So first of all let me clarify: I hate Sauvage. Really, really hate it. Its like an expression of the lack of elegance, a big punch in the face of the community. But yeah, it smells good. The problem is sillage, the sharpness, the lack of refinement.

..and here comes the Luna Rossa..

The Luna Rossa is like a reformuation of Sauvage in a gentleman's hands. Not as sharp, not as loud, not as aggressive, zero puch-in-the-face, but it has the Freshness of the ambroxan, the masculinity of the pepper, just its much more elegant with the mix of lavander. And its not just about the smell, it has the right amount of sillage, because its totally recognizable, but not overpowering like Sauvage. Happily its not a close-to-skin scent, but muted down enough to be useable in the office without frustrating your collagues.
Mrkfk
He doesn't want to be heard.
Preliminary skirmishing
When perfumes were still something special I got them for Christmas, Easter and my birthday. There they were still something special. My family obviously had a weakness for fresh, fruity and sweet scents. When I carefully hinted that I wanted to try something more distinctive, at Christmas there was something under the artificial Christmas tree that many people were afraid of (not the artificial Christmas tree, but what was under it): "Sauvage (Eau de Toilette)@Dior". For a long time the Holy Grail of my fragrance shelf and the impulse to invest my money more or less sensibly in new fragrances and blind purchases (in both cases often the latter). In the end, this new hobby has brought me into the elitist circle of scent fetishists, that is, to you here. A curse and blessing at the same time.
As I have just rung the bell, I am quite taken with the Sauvage DNA, which is why I was allowed to add the eau de parfum to my drawer/cabinet combination or something similar. Even if I use common sense with the dosage, regardless of the perfume, I don't always find the Ambroxan bomb to be the ideal companion.
Since I usually wear Prada L'Homme (whose iris is increasingly getting on my nerves), I stumbled across Luna Rossa Carbon in their range of products, which solves my ambroxan-pepper dilemma.

A similarity to Sauvage is unmistakable (I will not use the name from now on, I promise). "Luna Rossa [email protected]" is its prepubescent little brother.
The top note (you know, the thing right after spraying) differs m.M. from all BigBrother variants (including "[email protected] de Sistelle") and comes out of the spray head very fresh, metallic, synthetic. A pleasant breeze of bergamot and citric notes resonate.
Little by little pepper and ambroxan were added, which is why parallels to the "savage" become apparent. The role model literally screams for attention, the little brother waits his turn. The metallic synthetics are distorted and make way for a sweet patchouli note, which contrasts with the dominant ambroxan pepper and smoothly undermines and defuses the well-known pungency (the pungency is defused, I don't believe it). Thus less pungent, more elegant, more filigree, more mature than its older brother and in total more pleasant for all involved. Always accompanied by light lavender notes.
My imagination also tells me: a pinch of powder. Possibly because I am damaged by Prada or because the writing on the bottle is emblazoned.
The graphite note I take was not very pronounced. Under certain circumstances my beginner's nose might have to take lessons here.

Shelf life and silage
While I currently perceive (or rather do not perceive) a manageable up to an almost questionable H/S for many fragrances (including more expensive non-designer fragrances), I find this one here quite acceptable. A high flyer (I hate the term "beast") is not to be expected. At least with me, which one has to struggle with durability problems now and then, I can still perceive it after about 8 hours, even if very close. At the shirt collar accordingly longer. The projection returns relatively fast.

Flacon
Nothing unusual and no total failure. Doesn't knock anyone's socks off, but doesn't bump into anything bad either. There is no lid, but a transparent attachment has been included for travelling so that the sprayer does not become self-sufficient.
À propos sprayer: I find the amount of a spray burst to be above average.

Last autumn, as Dumb Reach (cheers for Denglish neologism), he provided me with valuable services for the office. This year it's the turn of others Now after all this blah-blah I'm surprised that my first comment (at this point I promise to improve the content and lyrics) after almost 2 years falls on "Luna Rossa [email protected]" of all things, because I have a whole bunch of other favourite (perfume) children.

On that note, a good evening to you all
Saturday Night Fight
Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to our live coverage of today's battle of the superlatives. My name is Michael and I will be hosting the most sensational fight of recent years. We are reporting live from Madison Square Garden in New York and I can tell you that the atmosphere here is already seething. There is no free seat left and we have some celebrity guests here who have secured a front row seat to experience this great fight first hand. Among others is...

I just learned that the first fighter is entering the arena. First to enter the arena will be Johnny Depp. Johnny will fight for Team Dior... And here we go... Johnny enters the arena confidently and to the raging cheers of his fans... Very cool and casual he struts towards the ring and even from my place up here I can see his winner smile flashing. Ladies and gentlemen... What a guy! Now he steps into the ring and takes off his Dior-style black coat and goes to the right corner... Ladies and gentlemen, what an atmosphere. People are really freaking out. Oh, my God I've never seen anything like it. But now for Johnny himself, who will fight for his title of indestructible seducer tonight. He's 5'8", weighs 142 pounds... Of 112 fights, he has lost only three, 86 of them knockouts... Ladies and gentlemen, this is not going to be easy for the challenger... I'm just learning that he's getting ready to enter the arena. Tonight Johnny's opponent will be the inexperienced but strong Tim Schumacher from Germany... He is the most successful newcomer of the last two years and comes from Copenhagen... Out of 80 fights he has lost only one, 77 K. O. victories to record. He is also known in the boxing scene as the iron eel... He is 189cm tall and comes with 160 pounds with a handsome weight into the ring ... Now Tim is about to enter the arena and is heading for the ring, where his opponent is already standing by. From up here, ladies and gentlemen, I can see Tim and Johnny entering the ring confident and full of energy. He also takes off his coat and presents his steel body to the cheering crowd... What a grenade of a man... ...ladies and gentlemen. I can hear the hearts of the female fans beating with thunderous cheers all the way down here... We're going to do a short commercial and I'll be right back, so stay tuned for more...

Welcome back, ladies and gentlemen. We will now go live into the ring, where both fighters are facing each other and the ring speaker Michael Buffer will introduce both fighters to the audience...

Let's get ready toooo Rumble...

Now both fighters have been announced and both will be instructed by the referee... There are only a few moments left ladies and gentlemen, until the first bell sounds and it finally starts... Both fighters are facing each other ladies and gentlemen and you can hear the tension crackling... Both look at each other with a sharp look and we are waiting anxiously for the first gong.

GOOONG...

Here we go ladies and gentlemen! Both fighters scurry towards each other under cover. Johnny's moving smoother than Tim, who's running towards Johnny like a roller. And... (laughs) And... Wow! And there's the first few chapes of Tim running for Johnny's cover. Tim covers him with several left-right lavender combinations... Johnny's ambroxan cover leaves no gap and he skips Tim as if he was Jack Sparrow himself. Johnny can duck and uses the break from Tim to give him a pepperclip... And...it sits! Tim immediately takes his position again and tries to block Johnny's peppered grenades with his Ambroxan cover... It is getting hot, ladies and gentlemen and both fighters are not giving each other anything... A wild exchange of blows between the two... Again and again both give each other the hard edge and try to take advantage of the gaps in the cover of the other. Johnny tries again to attack Tim and tries to finish him off with his six-pounder... But Tim evades and comes from underneath with his iron left and breaks the cover of Johnny... Again and again Tim uses his strong left one to cook Johnny soft... And what is this... In the course of his fine lavender dance, Tim hits with his right charcoal hook in front of Johnny's chin... He goes down immediately... Oh, dear What footwork of Tim in combination with his skillful punches... Johnny lies dazed on the floor of the ring and the referee is counting him out...

4...5...6...7...8...9...10 Off...

Crazy ladies and gentlemen... I can't believe it. Tim sends Johnny back to the Black Pearl in the first round... Ha ha ha ha... What a lightning victory for Team Prada. You really have to say that they did a great job... Johnny comes to his senses while Tim is on the ropes and gets celebrated... What a defeat for Johnny... But here you also have to say that both fighters had similar qualities, but Tim's finesse finally won. What a fight, ladies and gentlemen...

I now hand over to my colleagues down in the ring, where Tim will say a few words. Thank you for being there, and until next time it's said...

LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE...

Modern fougere
This is Prada approach to new Fougere, with a lot of advertising of dark, rock, industrial type of thing. Ok I get it, but making it less natural and more synthetic doesn't make you industrial.

I don't see anything dark here or mineral so not sure about what carbon are we speaking about. For me it is a bit of soft, polished fragrance, the opening is quite a woody-fresh mix, a bit of lavender some hidden citrus and a bit of paper. Almost like everything is covered under a layer of lacquer. During a dry down, I think this is the only phase where remains of carbon can be noticed, as there is a bit of ash, smoke notes. But in some why a bit irritant like you are expecting lavender but get it covered by a smoke curtain.

Not in my type.

Best take on Ambroxan
Between Dior Sauvage, Versace Dylan Blue and coach, I say this has been my favourite take on Ambroxan bomb. this is a very elegant and sophisticated that lends itself to any occasion in any season if you dress the part. This is the trickiest part because unlike Sauvage, PLR Carbon does not does not lend itself to casual attires.
The scent itself smells like citrusy coal which is nothing short of cool. The Ambroxan is just enough to give depth and bergamot and pepper lift that salty earthy deepness into a fresh new ground. I see the similarities between this and Sauvage and I like this one more; yes it does not have the performance of the latter but it's nothing to scuff at.
Overall it's a very solid perfume by Prada and I like it very much. whenever you don't know what to wear or you're not in the thinking mood, Prada Luna Rossa carbon is your Huckleberry.
Thank you very much for reading, this has been Bardia.
Stories that life writes
By chance - thanks Carsten - a small bottling of Luna Rossa Carbon reached me. I put the sample aside for the time being, as it was not so on my search radar, not right as it should turn out. Before applying it I first researched what to expect and would summarize my research as follows:

- Should resemble Sauvage (say 33 users)
- Should be somewhat more elegant and finer
- Has little stamina
- It should also be somewhat synthetic

In the following I will take up, confirm or reject all the preliminary remarks:

Similarity to Sauvage
Well, it cannot be denied that there is no similarity to sauvage, but only at the beginning - as I think - later it is a very special scent. It then becomes very fine, slightly sweet and has an extremely nice graphite note (pencil note). One could accuse him of using a little too much ambroxan here, but I don't mind, because I'm not afraid of ambroxan. It is also much rounder than the Sauvage, which is very brute. A true gentleman's fragrance, which is beautifully tart and fresh and doesn't annoy anyone. But not that you think now, it is only suitable for over 50, no, it is versatile, whether 25, 40 etc., it fits almost everyone. So if the Sauvage - as its name suggests - is too wild for you, you might find it here. In the later course of the fragrance - just towards the end - it becomes quite sweet (a colleague of mine has mirrored this to me).

I would therefore join the 33 users only conditionally...

Has little stamina?
NO! With me on the contrary, I was amazed about the performance...
It lasted a good 8-9 hours with me and was well noticeable for at least the first 6 hours. The said colleague informed me at about 13 o'clock (it was applied at 6:30h) that I was again strongly dieselled today, which surprised me. He further said that I would draw a whole cloud of scent in passing. I would not have expected this!

And what about the synthetic?
Hm, so as already described, the drydown is not really nice / round, it is just quite sweet and monotonous at the end. So you have to attest and confirm a certain mysticism, but this doesn't harm the overall impression, as it's just so dreamily masculine and harshly fresh. The first 6 hours are definitely worth the purchase, even blind. Straight gives it in the 150ml version for good 55 euros, what more do you want?

Is he something for you?
Yes, if you are looking for the following:
+ A fresh perfume
+ A tart perfume with a light spice
+ A perfume that has similarity
+ A perfume that is elegant
+ A perfume that has a lot of power
+ Looking for a perfume that has the beautiful pencil note a la Aventus

Maybe he's something for you?
Frank123
Copy, or not copy, that is the question
Prada Luna Rossa Carbon by Daniela Andrier is often referred to as a "dimmed copy" of the Sauvage. Sure -- there's something to it: the pepper, the ambroxan... the scent immediately reminds one of Sauvage. Just not as violent and penetrating as this one. Copy... hm, let's take a look at the term for a moment.

Prada Marketing may have thought: "The sauvage is such a huge success -- we can't let that slip through our fingers. Let's simply commission dear Daniela to develop an interpretation of this fragrance".
As far as I can tell, this is the normal sport of marketing people and there are certainly a thousand examples of this in the car, fashion, perfume and whatever-it-is industry
Although this does not result in an innovation (i.e. a new, extraordinarily creative achievement), it does at least mean that, for example, a perfume suddenly becomes accessible to a new target group (hm, a bizarre and sterile word for "group of people with similar preferences") through change/adaptation/reinterpretation.

I find this legitimate and okay - from my point of view, this is not a flat copy (dupe, clone). As a real copy I would rather call e.g. the Cyrus/Writer and the La Rive/Extreme Story.

I suppose that Daniela Andrier thought to herself "what is beautiful about Sauvage and what is disturbing? What do I have to remove and add to make it appealing to those who have so far refused it? What must I receive"?
I guess she found the offensive part of Sauvage rather disturbing and consequently reduced it and introduced some other refinements. I think that this too is part of the art of perfumery. In an interview, the perfumer says that the process of creating a perfume is purely mental and only at the very end does she create a real scent. i was initially baffled when i heard this...

In my case, this is true insofar as Sauvage is too pushy and violent for me. It's different with carbon. It also (and not only) smells of sauvage, but for me personally it is more pleasant and more discreet.

I like to wear it and am happy to receive one or two compliments on it.
Dior Sauvage without pep
The headline actually sums it up quite well.

With Luna Rossa Carbon Prada also wanted to take the hype about Dior Sauvage with them. Unfortunately, Prada has only partially achieved this.

Luna Rossa Carbon is somehow nothing half and nothing whole.
I bought it at that time because I liked it at first sight in the perfumery and it was on offer. The resemblance to Sauvage is directly noticeable. But exactly what makes Sauvage, Luna Rossa Carbon is missing. The pepper! Besides, in my opinion it is not quite as fresh as Sauvage. The shelf life is good, but Dior Sauvage is also better here.

The opening is very similar to Sauvage. Also the further course.

But the pepper and that certain freshness is missing, so that Luna Rossa Carbon can be considered more a misinterpretation of Sauvage than a serious competition or alternative.

Conclusion: If you don't like the pepper in Sauvage, this is exactly the right place. You get a decent fresh one for a good price. However, as I said, it is not a serious competitor for Dior Sauvage, as it simply lacks independence.

You can have it, but you don't have to
The "little" brother of the Sauvage
This fragrance is often associated with the extremely popular "Dior Sauvage". In fact, a certain similarity to his infamous big "brother" is already crystallized in the top note. However, this is not to be understood as criticism. For where a "Sauvage", perhaps by its spicy opening, hits the stomach of one or the other, the "Carbon" knows how to use its strengths skilfully and starts, although some wicked tongues claim it smells artificially synthetic, gentle but still masculine and with the necessary freshness. Lovers of patchouli fragrances will not be disappointed. The performance, however, is at most a higher average. I was able to get hold of this fragrance back then in an online store as a 50 ml bottle for a cheap 30 Euros, and in direct comparison to that, I can't really be angry about the durability or the sillage. However, it is clear that anyone who expects a perfume to fill entire rooms is in the wrong place. But this was certainly not what they wanted to achieve with the creation of this fragrance. It was probably much more important to create a perfume that draws on modern scent DNA and is as mass-appealing as possible, affordable for every man. In short, the fragrance is something for everyone who has succumbed to fragrances like "Sauvage" and is looking for a skilful alternative for everyday life, which on the one hand is easy on the wallet and on the other hand does not want to attract too much attention with creative experiments. Either way, "the carbon" still knows how to convince and now and again, especially in the women's world, he receives one or two compliments ;)
Strong and gentle
I found Luna Rossa Extreme really special and delicious when I discovered it. The scented family also really liked me. But LR Extreme was a bit too heavy for me in the long run. But I discovered my sense of well-being in lavender.

I was still in possession of a very new bottle of the Sauvage EdT and found LR Carbon very similar, but much rounder, gentler, but still pleasantly intense. Yesterday I opened my newly acquired bottle of carbon for the first time and wore it in the morning to the weekly market in our neighborhood, the fragrance, not the bottle itself. It was about 16°C and a fleece jacket had to be. Already in the car my wife asked me what would smell so good here. She wasn't a big fan of my Sauvages, which I offered a few weeks ago at the Souk and changed hands with considerable speed. But Carbon thinks she's really good. I had three splashes on me, it was almost too strong for her. And I also have to say, although carbon is gentler than Sauvage, you have to be careful with the dosage.

I think the Sillage is quite excellent, because I noticed carbon many hours yesterday. This could also be due to the fact that my nose has not really got used to the new companion yet. The durability is accordingly also quite formidable.

Prada's Luna Rossa Carbon is now, so miserable perfume enthusiasts would claim, mainstream and showery. That's certainly true. But I am a proven friend of shower gel fragrances, mainstream does not interest me so much (but I am also not turned away from the niche). The price of perfume is not so important to me, I don't throw money out the window, but if I like something and can justify the issue to my wife (or keep it secret :-)), it is usually unfortunately bought. You may know my credo "shut up and take my money". But with carbon the issue is really very manageable.
You get a solid, fresh, dominant-soft everyday fragrance. My wife said that LR Carbon was a business fragrance par excellence. I think he almost always leaves, except when it should be quite cozy and cosy.

Luna Rossa is not the creation of the decade now, but a great all-rounder with whom you don't step on anyone's feet, but who can clearly show foreign perfumes around you within their bounds - very gently of course.

Dan81Dan81 6 months ago
Sauvage alternative for day time use in the heat. Wife likes it but I don't get excited wearing it. Happy with purchase but won't buy again
BardiaGHBardiaGH 8 months ago
Inoffensive and polite Sauvage
HubertGHubertG 9 months ago
the smell of an elegant man, fresh for all occasions, good combination of lavender and spice, carbon and black are the best from prada,
DemeteraDemetera 1 year ago
90% Sauvage, but the “different” 10% save us from the Sauvage’s headache, and make it a softer, rounded, more exciting scent.
MrHonestMrHonest 3 years ago
Sauvage gives me a headache. This doesn't. That's why I'm down with LRC - it's smoother, with less pepper and more lavender. Juuuust right.

by Micha1984
by NasiGoreng
by Demetera
by Demetera

Popular Prada

L'Homme by Prada L'Homme Intense by Prada Olfactories - Cargo de Nuit by Prada Luna Rossa Black by Prada Infusion d'Iris Absolue by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2007) by Prada Infusion d'Amande by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Infusion d'Iris Cèdre by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2015) by Prada L'Homme L'Eau by Prada Infusion d'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada L'Homme Water Splash by Prada Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Prada (2004) / Prada Amber by Prada Olfactories - Purple Rain by Prada Luna Rossa Extreme by Prada Olfactories - Miracle of the Rose by Prada La Femme by Prada Infusion de Vétiver (2010) by Prada