Luna Rossa Carbon (2017)

Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada

Luna Rossa Carbon is a popular perfume by Prada for men and was released in 2017. The scent is synthetic-spicy. It is being marketed by Puig.

Daniela Andrier

Italian bergamot peel, Pepper, Lavender, Patchouli, Ambroxan

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 04.12.2019.

The face of the advertising campaign is model Tim Schumacher, photographed by Craig McDean.

8.0 7.0 7.0 8.5/10

Strong and gentle
I found Luna Rossa Extreme really special and delicious when I discovered it. The scented family also really liked me. But LR Extreme was a bit too heavy for me in the long run. But I discovered my sense of well-being in lavender.

I was still in possession of a very new bottle of the Sauvage EdT and found LR Carbon very similar, but much rounder, gentler, but still pleasantly intense. Yesterday I opened my newly acquired bottle of carbon for the first time and wore it in the morning to the weekly market in our neighborhood, the fragrance, not the bottle itself. It was about 16°C and a fleece jacket had to be. Already in the car my wife asked me what would smell so good here. She wasn't a big fan of my Sauvages, which I offered a few weeks ago at the Souk and changed hands with considerable speed. But Carbon thinks she's really good. I had three splashes on me, it was almost too strong for her. And I also have to say, although carbon is gentler than Sauvage, you have to be careful with the dosage.

I think the Sillage is quite excellent, because I noticed carbon many hours yesterday. This could also be due to the fact that my nose has not really got used to the new companion yet. The durability is accordingly also quite formidable.

Prada's Luna Rossa Carbon is now, so miserable perfume enthusiasts would claim, mainstream and showery. That's certainly true. But I am a proven friend of shower gel fragrances, mainstream does not interest me so much (but I am also not turned away from the niche). The price of perfume is not so important to me, I don't throw money out the window, but if I like something and can justify the issue to my wife (or keep it secret :-)), it is usually unfortunately bought. You may know my credo "shut up and take my money". But with carbon the issue is really very manageable.
You get a solid, fresh, dominant-soft everyday fragrance. My wife said that LR Carbon was a business fragrance par excellence. I think he almost always leaves, except when it should be quite cozy and cosy.

Luna Rossa is not the creation of the decade now, but a great all-rounder with whom you don't step on anyone's feet, but who can clearly show foreign perfumes around you within their bounds - very gently of course.
7.0 8.0 9.0 8.0/10

Schoork
Less can be so much more
Do you like Sauvage? Then stay, this might interest you.
If you don't, it's not gonna be really exciting for you either. Whereby one could say that it could also be the case vice versa.
If you like Sauvage, you might stick with it and have no interest in another fragrance in this direction, while you may not like Sauvage for various reasons, but are considering an alternative.
Well I don't like Sauvage very much because it causes headaches and a prick in my throat due to the high proportion of Ambroxan. Does anyone know that too?
Anyway, that's the way it is with me and with it the scent, copies like the Writer had the same result. Just didn't work, a splash on my wrist was enough and I had to wash it off again.

A lot of people underestimate your dose, too. I was recently with my son in the cinema and since the hall still had to be cleaned up, we stood first of all in front of the door and next to us someone who had bathed in Sauvage. I also found this unpleasant and I hoped that he who is not sitting in my immediate vicinity, but thank God this was not the case.

Now I was strolling last week and had tested various scents. Some experiences I have shared with you recently, which were not so tingling. The Prada Luna Rossa Carbon was also there, which immediately reminded me of Dior's racer on the test strip. However, I found it much more pleasant and tested it again on the skin a few days later. A self-experiment, an experiment, because I wanted to know if the same symptoms would occur here. So I don't have a pussy and I put a full bottle on the neck, neck and cardigan I wore.
Either I kill myself or everything in my immediate environment. I said in advance, we all survived. The durability is very remarkable, after 9h the was still there and my jacket can still be in the laundry, which still smells after days extremely fragrant.
The most outstanding thing about the Prada for me though is the non-existent side effects I referred to above. Nobody fell over next to me either.

I found this because an older couple was feverishly looking for Valentino Uomo and since I can be a nice guy and had noticed that, I said that this Karstadt branch does not run it. I guess they were both in their early 60s. We started talking and it turned out that the man was more crazy about perfume than the lady and so we started exchanging ideas. He loved the normal Uomo and wanted to buy him because he was running out at home. In the summer he was enthusiastic about the Light & Blue and I showed her the Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche, which she was directly enthusiastic about. He'll probably get it now, too. This was a lot of fun and showed once again how nice a common hobby can inspire you to chat.
Well, we could go back and forth for about 20 minutes and I wore this Prada that I had sprayed out minutes before. Although this one also radiates very strongly, you don't have the feeling to get one with the club. Both gentlemen stood very stable and did not give the impression of suffocating because of me.

The fragrance description is similar to the Dior, it starts fruity, fresh and showery, somewhat metallic and has a nice drydown. Lavender plays a leading role in this Prada series anyway, as well as here. This also adds something sweet to it. Pepper and patchouli in the base ensure masculine freshness. But a little less of everything than in the Dior, so that it is wearable for someone like me, because that's exactly how I find it very pleasant.

I know who doesn't like this mass-compatible appearance anyway, he doesn't have any added value now either. You can also argue about whether there is a need for such a fragrance if there is already the Dior, but spoken for me, I think that's quite good. For me also a positive example that a Flanker does not automatically have to be bad.

Those who like Sauvage can stay with it, but those who have problems with the Dior could think about this one. I'll definitely do it.

Experiment successful.
8.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

The saucier Sauvage
I actually liked Sauvage from the beginning. Funnily enough also a little bit because I thought that this somewhat unapproachable impression, which is created by the mixture of pepper and the somewhat "own" Ambroxan note, would be nothing for everyone - the fragrance seemed a little mysterious and wicked to me. Somehow fresh and modern, but own enough that not everyone would want to smell that way.
I also saw the Johnny Depp TV commercial where he plays guitar, and then buries something in the desert, and probably liked the smell on-release more than many others here, because also this feeling that the commercial broadcasts, I liked very much, and I find Johnny Depp just leiwand.

The fact that the broad masses then absorb him so well almost disturbed me a little. Even more disturbed me how he was compared to Aventus... No, I really don't. A whole different kind of cinema. Just because it's fresh and woody?
I'm cynical enough to think that Dior deliberately wanted to make a fragrance from this "sector" fresh / woody / slightly sweet, because it simply pulls. The colour of the bottle was tied to the image of Bleu de Chanel, if one had "covered" Aventus precisely - the bottle would probably look more like Montblancs Explorer.

In any case, I wear Sauvage relatively little, which is also due to the fact that it always goes down well with others - but he bores me a little in the long run. The reason for this is that there are no notes that really 'attract' me, no "Always smell the back of my hand" addiction factor. He's a bit clumsy and straight in the air, very cool, maybe a little "too cool".

Here comes "Luna Rossa Carbon" into play.
I always liked the Luna Rossa series anyway, even though they are not my most worn fragrances... The normal Luna Rossa is the most independent, and so far the best (of those I own so far).
But Carbon has relatively little in common with the smell of the original in the opening; here I find a fresh, slightly peppery chord that really smells very Sauvage. The citric aspect that resonates here reminds me of the citric freshness of A&F's "Fierce"! This light Fierce aroma has the scent also relatively long. In the drydown after a few hours the citric top notes and the iso-feeling flatten a little, but remain well perceptible in a gentle way until the end. After the drydown the fragrance reminds me a bit of "Luna Rossa", but still more of Sauvage. So the original LR-DNA is already a little bit inside here, even if in the background.

I find LR Carbon the slightly better Sauvage. The citric-sweetish, attractive head-heart note makes it simply more interesting and approachable for me than Sauvage. I think this is due to less use of pepper (species), "Italian bergamot shell" instead of "Calibrian bergamot" in Sauvage, possibly another species of Ambroxan (Sauvage has "Ambrox"), and the use of a large amount of Iso-E Super. Carbon is also more casual and sympathetic than Sauvage, as the pepper is not so pungent and superficial
Well, it doesn't sound very romantic, especially with the iso, but it does. And I find also somehow horny... It just has this Fierce Vibe, which just brightens it up, makes it more interesting to smell, and also makes it a bit addictive. (While typing I have to sniff my wrist all the time although I have known the scent for a long time..)

And I guess if 98.5% of the world's population like Sauvage, 99.5 like LR Carbon, it's simply even more compatible. NOTHING it won't have as many as Sauvage because Dior simply has the edge in marketing, and the bottle may look more iconic.
Well, good for me! P

Final resumeé.

Both are of high quality, and both are top fragrances! Really, dear Sauvage fans, please don't take my comparisons the wrong way.

Sauvage, however, is the archetype of this sub-genre, we commonly call it "mainstream Ambrox pepper bombs," and it has a special autonomy for which I pay respect to Dior. It's more original, has a higher recognition value, and also has a bit better performance.
For me, however, Carbon has the edge over Sauvage because I simply prefer to smell it, and feel it more, as I have described it in detail. :)

In that sense... Clear recommendation to buy from me, I also can not imagine that someone does not like this fragrance. And if it doesn't cheer you up enough in the long run, it's such a fragrance that you could use for sports, or if you go swimming, or just give it to someone. A sympathetic people-pleaser, which fits to every occasion, to every weather, even if I see it rather in summer Because of its lightness.

My 5 cents again. :)
8.0 7.0 6.0 7.0/10

Chevalier
There is a lot of hard work and microscopy, but someone should have a clever thought again. Rudolf Virchow
It's like this or something right now. Why does every manufacturer have to jump on the Sauvage train?
This carbon is not bad, it starts fruity and full. Nevertheless, the resemblance to Sauvage is noticeable, which is not very innovative. The beginning has something, here something good could have developed, if the note with the pepper and the lavender is not delivered afterwards. It could also be patchouli, which doesn't suit me.
Maybe Puig only used the ingredients that are very popular at the moment and didn't notice how close the base leads to Sauvage. The trend in 2018 or better from 2015 was pepper, lavender and lots of ambroxane. With these three ingredients, this bottle also went through the bottom. Unfortunately with too much pepper and lavender, which doesn't seem male anymore.
Better pepper scents are Carbone from Balmain or Bang from Marc Jacobs. Both very peppery, only the lavender has not yet been found there to be suitable. For me the more pleasant way to spread a Sillage than this too sweet tumor. It seems too forced, balanced goes differently.
Puig has very good products like l`homme or intense. Very independent products and not so feminine. Also the Luna Rossa firstling was successful. Unfortunately, many manufacturers in the same line bring too many appearances, so that the consumer can better orient himself.
You know one, then the other new guy can't be bad.
This is marketing in boredom times ten. There was an interview with Thierry Wasser of Guerlain, who tried to explain this trend.
But more likely you can minimize the marketing costs because the whole line is already known on the market and there is no need for a new launch. Since this is always costly, risky and rarely successful.
According to Parfumo, there were 4,142 new fragrances in 2017.
On a market like Germany or Switzerland, you won't even find one or two products in the top ten. If you rule out 2015 Sauvage.
Here the circle closes with the Sauvage and everyone understands why they want to get something out of the cake from a successful fragrance.

Like a Movie You Watch Once
Goes on soapy/zingy/fresh with an undercurrent of baby oil and musk. Over time, the baby oil note that many people think is sexy combines with musk to provide the foundation; the overall impression is one of a sensual man, not trashy as Narcisso Rodriguez for Men, but not as sophisticated as say, Boucheron. My wife enjoys it, but me, not so much. I've never been a fan of overtly sexual scents, for a lot of different reasons, so I'm not the target demographic for this.

The projection dies off fairly quickly, however, it makes up for a lack of projection with a tenacious duration, surviving even workouts for at least a 12 hour run. It's also a linear scent past the initial assembly phase ("olfactory notes, assemble!"). So if you're in the market for a fresh/clean/musky type scent, this isn't terrible. In all, it's a movie you don't mind seeing once. It's good at what it does, which is primarily to prime your vocal chords for the question, "When's the next Prada Luna Rossa flanker due out?"

Demetera 57 days ago
90% Sauvage, but the “different” 10% save us from the Sauvage’s headache, and make it a softer, rounded, more exciting scent.+2
MrHonest 24 months ago
Sauvage gives me a headache. This doesn't. That's why I'm down with LRC - it's smoother, with less pepper and more lavender. Juuuust right.+5

by Lanto
by Demetera
by NasiGoreng
by NasiGoreng

Popular Prada

L'Homme by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2007) by Prada Candy (Eau de Parfum) by Prada Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Infusion d'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Luna Rossa (Eau de Toilette) by Prada L'Homme Intense by Prada Prada (2004) / Prada Amber by Prada Prada L'Eau Ambrée by Prada Luna Rossa Extreme by Prada Infusion d'Iris Absolue by Prada Infusion de Fleur d'Oranger by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Luna Rossa Black by Prada La Femme by Prada Infusion de Vétiver (2010) by Prada Amber pour Homme Intense by Prada Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada Infusion d'Iris Cèdre by Prada Infusion d'Amande by Prada