Luna Rossa (2012)Eau de Toilette

Luna Rossa (Eau de Toilette) by Prada

Luna Rossa (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Prada for men and was released in 2012. The scent is fresh-spicy. It is being marketed by Puig.

Daniela Andrier

Top Notes Top NotesBitter orange, Lavender absolute
Heart Notes Heart NotesClary sage, Spearmint
Base Notes Base NotesAmbrette seed absolute, Ambroxan

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 27.03.2020.

Masculine fresh
Very fresh smell, mint in this reminds of Lush Dirty. Here though it's not so harsh. After the lavander takes.
The strange thing is that this is more Sport than the actual Sport version.
Go figure!
7.0 6.0 7.0 7.0/10

Fresh21
Have fun with the Cyber-Mint :)
I think I'll start with a little rhyme, that has already inspired many a commi:

Already for the second time I had him,
now he was allowed to leave forever.

O.K., that's why they used to turn around at DSDS and yell boo towards the exit, but it's true;) But I'll get you a real laugh later. So, first of all to the Luna Rossa:

The attack is strong, the mint is immediately dominant and is accompanied by the freshness of bitter orange. Although the fruit does not last too long and says goodbye after a good quarter of an hour, it gives the lavender more space. It is rather of the sweet variety and gives the fragrance something light, transparent. But there is also something quite unusual on the way here.

Luna Rossa looks cool and warm at the same time. Is that because of the word "Nana"? Because on the one hand the mint is really cool, almost metallic, yes I somehow associate "cyber" with it. She has something very modern, almost futuristic sterile. But at the same time she brings along a soft warmth that makes her fuller and softer. So I just imagine that this mint is female, ... Nana just ;-)

Something slightly powdery can also be perceived in this fragrance, but perhaps one is too tempted by the fact that this should be the case with a Prada. The diagram rightly shows only 7% of this ... I don't really mind the muscatel sage, because above all there is the spacy mint lavender mix which is the main message of the Luna Rossa. So he projects 4-5 hours on the skin with half the arm length, but 2-3 hours longer on clothes, and becomes more gentle, more coherent and less "metallic" towards the back. The frequently used Ambroxan does not bother here, but its light synthetics is here skilfully used as a stylistic device for Pradas.

Conclusion: Who does not know this fragrance yet and stands on mint should test it alone already because of its unusualness times. An elegant elixir that can be worn on almost any occasion except midsummer. For me, however, the mint was a little too much of a good thing, which brings us to the announced smile:

I had the Luna Rossa for about 1.5 years now for the second time, but found out that I don't wear it often enough. And since I'm already shrinking my collection, he had to believe it too.

So placed in the souk and already after 1-2 days the following experiences:

"I just sent [the money]...but as I see now, 4 ct too little...don't know now either, I'm actually very good for correct deals, but forwarding 4 ct? Do you have any ideas? Do we just want to credit it to future deals? Or you spray yourself again extra thick with now my fragrance;)"

My answer : I would be happy if you come into my fun team ... because you have just provided for a very sweet laugh with the 4 Cent ;-))))))) Such a correct perfume one wishes oneself more often ... so wipe it off and off you go :)

So I got to know our dear BleuDQ and from now on I wish her all

have fun with the Cyber-Mint :)

7.0 7.0 7.0 8.0/10

The Schoork carries Prada
Exactly one week ago I wrote about the Luna Rossa Carbon and discovered that I hadn't paid much attention to this series. Why can't I say exactly, but there are things I generally pass by quickly and don't notice, be it for reasons that a brand has never convinced me, like Bvlgari, or terribly disappointed like Cartier. Then I have little motivation to sniff flacons.
Maybe I have to rethink that too, though I don't think it will change much in most cases. Anyway, it was worth it here.
Here on Parfumo there are some fragrances that are completely undervalued in my eyes/nose. This one is one of those.
Why this is so, I cannot judge, perhaps we are here again too much mainstream, but I do not want to take up the topic again. I'm bored with it now. I recently read about a new Flanker of a brand and how shitty it is. The scent is not out yet and is already being taken down, so I really grab my head.

When my favorite band releases a new album, I'll scream NEEEEEIIIIIIIINNN first..that's gonna suck. Why do they do that?
But well, everyone as he thinks.

Back to Prada.
So I walked past it forever, rather by chance I tried the carbon and I liked it a lot. I just tried them all and this one, the origin, if you will, I really liked this one. Maybe even a bit better, but I'm not sure yet.
The previous speaker gave an excellent description here in his commentary, for which many thanks. I can basically add that this fragrance is a really good all-rounder. It doesn't stand out very much, you simply smell very well-groomed. Clean and elegant. Ideal for a job interview, but also for strolling through the park in the afternoon.
Fresh powdery I would call it, lavender and mint set the tone, but never overtaxing. Somewhere a light orange resonates, which gives the fragrance some sweetness and depth. It's a typical Prada. I'd say you can wear it all year round, although the best season is currently. The durability is good, you can make a working day with it.
Also here no Ambroxan disturbs, or causes headaches, everything is discreet and very finely tuned.

I think it's really good. Probably because it's so easy. You smell clean... did I mention that?

Sometimes it just gets to be easy. It may well be that I'm over the complex scents right now, maybe it's just the joy of freshness after the winter and its heavier more dominant scents, I don't know, but it doesn't really matter.
Maybe I'm just tired, too.

I currently enjoy going in somewhere and testing a fragrance more than testing a sample of a fragrance made only in ancient Mesopotamia, which you only get when Venus is in ascendancy to the anus and full moon over the Pacific.

Since I test fragrances to ideally buy these fragrances and not to write 150 statements a day, I currently prefer the simple things.

This can go on like this and maybe I'll find one or the other scent that I miss in passing, because it doesn't always have to be complex, niche, or rare and above all not always expensive.

I find a 7.0 really blatant, but I assume that due to the simplicity of the fragrance is boring for many. I can understand that. But if you are interested in the fragrance and don't just test it on your arm to add your mustard, then I could imagine that one or the other might like it too.
And if not, then it's not bad either.
8.0 6.0 8.0 9.5/10

My love :-)
I love this!
Very cool every stiuation,but I main wearing sporting or lazy days...
I think this smell the better outdoor activities,sport or other lazy things.
8.0/10

Flavorite
Oh, Yes I Would, Boyfriend!
I didn't have a Male test subject handy for this so I am using a complex, top secret algorythm and my best intuition to acertain my reaction on this clearly "Pour Homme" scent I recieved with a recent fragrance purchase. The first impression is "Energy!" with a capital E. There is much life force and stregth in this scent, young Grasshopper.I get that brisk vigorous green and awakening minty note along with a robust clary sage. This is definitely a daytime fully alert and on the job kind of vibe. There is something that catches my personal Libido in this formulation- Ambrette- love this note on Men & Women- it smells great on humans, in general and soothes. The Lavender here is a whisper, I would not even notice it if it wasn't pointed out to me.I can imagine that this heats up on the body to a warm day to night signature scent...o.k., I am just going to say it, it's become like an elephant in the room...underneath the zippy clary sage and moden spearmint is something almost Polo-like. All too familiar and still alluring since 1985! This scent fades on my skin fairly quickly- into a clean soapy background- which is a good thing, IMHO. I could stand to be in a room, trapped in an elevator or on a desserted island with someone who smelled like this indefinitely...and I am pretty picky in this facet. I would call this a lightweight sillage, moderate projection green woodsy fresh scent that reminds me a little bit of D&G's "Le Fou". It is definitely work-able. Have your people call my people.
5.0 2.5 5.0 4.0/10

Not hot neither cold...
Well, i did expect much of this, but what i've got is a weak release, very similar to Infusion D'Homme althought lighter.

Opens with lavander and oranges, then there comes a bit of mint and vetiver.

Actually only okay, not outstanding neither bad.

Sillage, projection and lasting power are weak.

Updated January 2014

Aspvl 7 months ago
All year, day/night fantastic clean and super elegant scent. The spearmint accord is so delicate and well made, love it!+2
10.0

by Nage
by NasiGoreng
by NasiGoreng

Popular Prada

L'Homme by Prada L'Homme Intense by Prada Infusion d'Iris Absolue by Prada Luna Rossa Black by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2007) by Prada Olfactories - Cargo de Nuit by Prada Infusion d'Iris Cèdre by Prada Infusion d'Amande by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2015) by Prada Infusion d'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Prada (2004) / Prada Amber by Prada L'Homme L'Eau by Prada Luna Rossa Extreme by Prada Olfactories - Purple Rain by Prada Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada Infusion de Vétiver (2010) by Prada Prada (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Prada Prada L'Eau Ambrée by Prada