Luna Rossa Extreme 2013

Luna Rossa Extreme by Prada
Luna Rossa Extreme is a popular perfume by Prada for men and was released in 2013. The scent is spicy-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by Puig. Pronunciation

Daniela Andrier

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Black pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesLabdanum, Juniper berry
Base Notes Base NotesLavender absolute, Vanilla

Submitted by Michael, last update on 31.10.2020.

Blindbuys
Anyone who has been involved with Parfumo knows that the community experience of many is very similar. Sometimes you buy way too many bottlings, then you discover sharing, exchange options and at some point the cupboard is way too full. I'm speaking from experience (as a quick look into my bottlings folder reveals).

Another action to which one is very easily tempted once one has really read into the matter is the blindbuys. Goddamn blindbuys. I confess, I've done a few myself. "Aqva Amara (Eau de Toilette)", "CH Men Grand Tour", and a few others. Especially in the beginning I regretted them, because I didn't know them very well and the scent pyramids didn't tell me anything. With many of them I was lucky anyway.

The Luna Rossa Extreme is one such fragrance. With him I had already read a little bit into scent pyramids and was sure that the scent corresponds to my preferences. In addition, there was the pressure of the production stop and before you know it, I had it in my hand.

With the first spray burst came the first great disillusionment. This can't be it, I thought to myself. A huge pepper shot, followed by a lavender-citrus mixture, which smelled somehow uncoordinated and, quite honestly, uninteresting. I had bought Jean Paul Gaultier's "Le Mâle Terrible" not long before and noticed quite strong parallels between the two fragrances. I was a little disappointed and regretted the blind buy
I put the bottle aside for the time being and devoted myself to my everyday tasks. With time I noticed that the fragrance became more and more pleasant. The pepper gives way to vanilla and then there is a certain velvety background. I liked it more and more, and it became more and more different from "Le Mâle Terrible". The fragrance becomes sweeter and warmer as it progresses until it fades into complete vanilla.

This is also the moment when I learned to give fragrances a little more time. Especially in the designer area, the top note is often very short and immediately gives way to the next scent, which is then either linear or only measures a few notes in drydown. With this fragrance the change takes a little longer and is really noticeable.

The scent is neither too strong nor too weak. I like to wear it especially on warm (not hot) evenings in summer, late spring and early autumn. What I find especially interesting about Luna Rossa Extreme is the contrast between the repellent and cool opening and the further inviting, warm scent.

For a fragrance from Prada it is really very interesting and could certainly pass for a niche fragrance under a different name. Hence my disappointment that the fragrance has been taken off the market. My assumption is that the fragrance could not sell so well because of the top note. Many potential buyers base their purchases on head note tests, often from the paper strip, and the Luna Rossa Extreme definitely doesn't inspire them. This has probably led to weaker sales figures.

Unfortunately there are no alternatives to this fragrance. "Le Mâle Terrible" goes in a similar direction, but measures the depth of the drydown, "Luna Rossa Black" has a similar DNA, but then is completely different.

At the end of the day I don't regret this blind purchase, but I have definitely become a little more cautious. Congratulations to those who still managed to get hold of the scent. One of the many hired jewels from the designer area.
5.5

Pepper bomb!
At least on me... what I get is black pepper, amber, a slight lavender - and not much else. No vanilla vibes getting through on me.
It's very spicy and almost leathery, but not very soapy IMO.
Thanks, but not for me. Love the bottle though !!
Cold weather version of my beloved LUNA ROSSA Original
The days are getting a bit cooler and the other day, after spraying on my beloved LUNA ROSSA's I thought to myself "human, if only this fragrance existed in a cold weather version...". I like this whole LUNA ROSSA line ... "Designer" back and forth (terms I don't pay too much attention to).

Thought done, searched here, spotted the "EXTREME" version. "That could fit, the bottle is also pretty" - so souked up a bottle (thanks Gucciolini!) and started.

Right after I sprayed the Prada Luna Rossa EXTREME onto my skin, I developed the following:

The base of the LUNA ROSSA Original mixes with spicy sweetness and pepper. The fragrance simply pulls stronger through and deeper in than the original LUNA ROSSA - it's louder and darker. Luna Rossa on speed, if you will. Later, a warmer, berry/vanilla scent mutes a bit and the typical powdery scent is also present in Daniela Andrier's work. May the Lord bless you and keep you, my lady!

All in all, I find the fragrance itself to be very harmonious and well suited for leisure time and the evening, when you want to take a fresh shower and put on something new. The fragrance is harmonious and tends to run rather gently. EXTREME? Strong definitely - but extreme maybe not necessarily.

Well, some name had to be given to the thing, back in 2013 and unfortunately it is no longer produced. Too bad, because this is really a nice cold weather version of my beloved LUNA ROSSA Original.
Hawaiiyaner
The fine very special scent and yet extremes
When I first tested the soft fragrance of Daniela Andrier years ago, I thought what a delicate scent it is And with each further pafumieren I thought this perfume becomes better and better from time to time. Wow Actually for me a bit too soft but 100% the top fragrance among the softies.
A must have for me and my perfume collection which is not to be imagined without anymore.

The final result is simply called
Wow Prada - Luna Rossa Extreme Wow

Clean & Sensual...
This is one which is an all round pleasant experience. I get pepper, lavender and vanilla, with a hint of florals in the background. It's traditionally masculine but I can't see why it wouldn't be suitable for a woman as well.

It reminds me of other fragrances with a lavender and vanilla combination. The addition of pepper and spices also serves to make the fragrance a little different in it's approach. I do like it, and would wear it from time to time. I have been impressed so far with the fragrances I have tried from Prada. This one is no exception.

Elysium
So damn dark, it creates an aura of lived-in things!
This is a fragrance that I blindly bought for myself, and have grown to love even more than from that first purchase. So damn dark, it creates an aura of lived-in things! I once had Prada Amber pour Homme, which has a special sweetish-clean-powdery appeal, long lasting and great sillage. And then, while ago I came across this one, I immediately liked it and decided to buy.

Despite it is supposed to be a flanker, though it is actually diverse and miles away from the original Luna Rossa. Some notes are alike, but the scent smells different and... It is moderate, not extreme at all! Extreme is very different than the original Luna Rossa or the Sport edition, I was surprised that a flanker can be this different, but perhaps they wanted a versatile collection which makes fans buy all versions as they cannot be replacements for each other.

I have the EDP, the family is oriental-spicy, and at the very first spray, I recognize a nice fresh peppery with a bit of clove, kind of licorice, a flash of bergamot, and something similar to a spicy cake. it is creepy dark, but fascinating. I guess the contribute comes from the pepper and lavender mixed together in the top notes, so good! It smells modern, sophisticated and sexy.

Well, this cologne is non-linear, and it is incredible how it varies in the first hour on the skin. No matter if the opening is a bit harsh and spicy, however, give it 10 minutes to settle then this fragrance becomes a very smooth, beautiful and luxurious amber vanilla blend with Prada's signature soapiness vibe. Thanks to amber & vanilla in a tobacco style, the mix makes it seductive. If the initial accord is warm, rich, sweet-dry, woody, and leathery, in the long term it changes to animalic and powdery, a good one not like baby powder, which creates an aura of lived-in things.

In my opinion, it is elegant, manly, with a lot of masculinity for the entire last, and as I said with dark and fresh tinges. A fairly casual scent, better for evening and night out, during cold weather such as fall and winter. In a word, Prada Luna Rossa Extreme is peppery, spicy and peppery. There are other notes, but they are framed by this robust peppery essence. That being said, Prada Luna Rossa is a real gem of a fragrance to sport during the fall and winter months. Luna Rossa is a sweet amber and spice scent that gets the job done with utmost quality. The EDP projection is above average, and it even has good longevity, about 8-10 hours and more. I wore it last night and the day after a can smell it on the clothes. Pay attention, this is a compliment getter, I get lots of compliments when I have that on.

-Elysium

Coutureguru
Somewhat better than the original ...
I'm always surprised when a flanker tickles my fancy … not that Luna Rossa Extreme is much to write home about, but it does surpass its predecessor.

Astoundingly, this very 'so so' creation comes from the nose who created the INDREDIBLE Infusion d'Homme, which, it must be said, took me quite a while to become enamored of. I think that once I'd started understanding what the Infusion collection was all about, coupled with a love for Neroli and Iris based frags, I was able to choose a couple that worked for me and I enjoyed wearing. Luna Rossa was a big disappointment, but the extreme version does have a couple of redeeming qualities.

Firstly, the longevity seems amped up sufficiently … a pity that the same cannot be said of the sillage. Having said that, I was always under the impression that the projection of my beloved Infusion d'Homme was also relatively sketchy … but it proved itself not to be on numerous occasions. I may be wrong … I'm not always a very good judge of my fragrance wake!!
Luna Rossa Extreme is mostly all about the classic base combination of Lavender and Vanilla. There is a slightly boozy quality from the Juniper while the mystery of Labdanum is more like a spoiler alert and the Pepper up top quite indistinguishable from many similar men's offerings of late. The base is nice … but I prefer to get my Lav/Van kicks from ELDO's Antihero's.

This one would be an unnecessary addition to my collection (I'll stick with my favorite Infusions from Prada), but I am sure many will like it.

LookOut
Not as good as the original
Luna Rossa is my signature, so I was very much looking forward to this one. But it doesn't have the "magic" the original had for me. I'm not talking longevity or sillage, just the scent itself.

Extreme starts off with peppery lavender. The lavender is also the only note that it shares with the original Luna Rossa. Anyways, off the bat it reminded me a lot of L'Occitan by L'Occitane En Provence, which is also peppery lavender. But as it dries down, the Luna Rossa vibe comes through, as well as some sweetness from the juniper berries (and vanilla, but I can't isolate that note). It becomes this amber-y sweet-spicy lavender in the end.

When people said that Luna Rossa was "nothing special", I never understood that because it worked so well with my skin. With the Extreme however, I completely understand! It just doesn't do anything for me. Truth be told, I did find the combination of lavender with both pepper and sweet notes pretty weird while reading about this scent before I tried it. I guess I'll have to stick with one or the other instead of mixing them.

Also, despite it being called Extreme, it doesn't seem to have a bigger longevity or sillage on me...

Overall, it's a nice scent, but I'm not putting it on my buy list.

ElysiumElysium 5 years ago
Variety is the spice of life, someone says it's somewhat better than the original, someone else ain't no good as the original. Superb to me!

Natürlich für Fresh ;-)
by Mann
by Carboytony
by Carboytony

Popular Prada

L'Homme by Prada L'Homme Intense by Prada Olfactories - Cargo de Nuit by Prada Luna Rossa Black by Prada Infusion d'Iris Absolue by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2007) by Prada Infusion d'Iris Cèdre by Prada Infusion d'Amande by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2015) by Prada L'Homme Water Splash by Prada Infusion d'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada L'Homme L'Eau by Prada Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada Prada (2004) / Prada Amber by Prada Olfactories - Purple Rain by Prada La Femme by Prada Olfactories - Miracle of the Rose by Prada Infusion de Vétiver (2010) by Prada