Luna Rossa Extreme

(2013)
Luna Rossa Extreme by Prada
Compare Prices
Luna Rossa Extreme (Prada)
Luna Rossa Extreme is a popular perfume by Prada for men and was released in 2013. The scent is spicy-sweet. It was last marketed by Puig.

Daniela Andrier

Longevity 6.0/10
Scent 7.5/10
1 Award
Clean & Sensual...
This is one which is an all round pleasant experience. I get pepper, lavender and vanilla, with a hint of florals in the background. It's traditionally masculine but I can't see why it wouldn't be suitable for a woman as well.

It reminds me of other fragrances with a lavender and vanilla combination. The addition of pepper and spices also serves to make the fragrance a little different in it's approach. I do like it, and would wear it from time to time. I have been impressed so far with the fragrances I have tried from Prada. This one is no exception.
Bottle 10.0/10
Sillage 7.0/10
Longevity 7.5/10
Scent 10.0/10
3 Awards
So damn dark, it creates an aura of lived-in things!
I once had Amber pour Homme, which has a special sweetish-clean-powdery appeal, long lasting and great sillage. And then, while ago I came across this one, I immediately liked it and decided to buy.
Despite it is supposed to be a flanker, though it is actually diverse from the original Luna Rossa. Some notes are alike, but the scent smell different and... It is moderate, not extreme at all!

I have the EDP, family is oriental-spicy, and at the very first spray I recognise a nice fresh peppery with a bit of clove, kind of liquorice, a flash of bergamot, and something similar to a spicy cake. it is creepy dark, but fascinating. I guess the contribute comes from the pepper and lavender mixed together in the top notes.
Well, it is incredible how it varies in the first hour on the skin. Thanks to amber & vanilla in a tobacco style, the mix makes it seductive. If the initial accord is warm, rich, sweet-dry, woody, and leathery, in the long term it changes to animalic and powdery, a good one not like baby powder, which creates an aura of lived-in things.

The EDP projection is above average, and it even has a good longevity, about 8-10 hours and more. I wore it last night and the day after a can smell it on the clothes.

In my opinion, it is elegant, manly, with a lot of masculinity for the entire last, and as I said with dark and fresh tinges. A fairly casual scent, better for evening and night out, during cold weather such as fall and winter.

P.S. I get lots of compliments when I have that on.
Sillage 5.0/10
Longevity 7.5/10
Scent 5.0/10
Somewhat better than the original ...
I'm always surprised when a flanker tickles my fancy … not that Luna Rossa Extreme is much to write home about, but it does surpass its predecessor.

Astoundingly, this very 'so so' creation comes from the nose who created the INDREDIBLE Infusion d'Homme, which, it must be said, took me quite a while to become enamored of. I think that once I'd started understanding what the Infusion collection was all about, coupled with a love for Neroli and Iris based frags, I was able to choose a couple that worked for me and I enjoyed wearing. Luna Rossa was a big disappointment, but the extreme version does have a couple of redeeming qualities.

Firstly, the longevity seems amped up sufficiently … a pity that the same cannot be said of the sillage. Having said that, I was always under the impression that the projection of my beloved Infusion d'Homme was also relatively sketchy … but it proved itself not to be on numerous occasions. I may be wrong … I'm not always a very good judge of my fragrance wake!!
Luna Rossa Extreme is mostly all about the classic base combination of Lavender and Vanilla. There is a slightly boozy quality from the Juniper while the mystery of Labdanum is more like a spoiler alert and the Pepper up top quite indistinguishable from many similar men's offerings of late. The base is nice … but I prefer to get my Lav/Van kicks from ELDO's Antihero's.

This one would be an unnecessary addition to my collection (I'll stick with my favorite Infusions from Prada), but I am sure many will like it.
1 Award
Not as good as the original
Luna Rossa is my signature, so I was very much looking forward to this one. But it doesn't have the "magic" the original had for me. I'm not talking longevity or sillage, just the scent itself.

Extreme starts off with peppery lavender. The lavender is also the only note that it shares with the original Luna Rossa. Anyways, off the bat it reminded me a lot of L'Occitan by L'Occitane En Provence, which is also peppery lavender. But as it dries down, the Luna Rossa vibe comes through, as well as some sweetness from the juniper berries (and vanilla, but I can't isolate that note). It becomes this amber-y sweet-spicy lavender in the end.

When people said that Luna Rossa was "nothing special", I never understood that because it worked so well with my skin. With the Extreme however, I completely understand! It just doesn't do anything for me. Truth be told, I did find the combination of lavender with both pepper and sweet notes pretty weird while reading about this scent before I tried it. I guess I'll have to stick with one or the other instead of mixing them.

Also, despite it being called Extreme, it doesn't seem to have a bigger longevity or sillage on me...

Overall, it's a nice scent, but I'm not putting it on my buy list.

Gianluca 15 months ago
Variety is the spice of life, someone says it's somewhat better than the original, someone else ain't no good as the original. Superb to me!
Bottle 10.0
Sillage 7.0
Longevity 7.5
Scent 10.0

Popular Prada

Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) by Prada Infusion d'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Candy by Prada Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Prada (2004) / Prada Amber by Prada Luna Rossa (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Prada L'Eau Ambrée by Prada Luna Rossa Extreme by Prada Infusion d'Iris Absolue by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Toilette) by Prada L'Homme by Prada Infusion de Vétiver by Prada Infusion de Fleur d'Oranger by Prada Candy L'Eau by Prada Amber pour Homme Intense by Prada Candy Florale by Prada Infusion de Tubéreuse by Prada La Femme by Prada Prada (Eau de Parfum Tendre) by Prada Luna Rossa Sport by Prada