Luna Rossa Sport (2015)

Luna Rossa Sport by Prada

Luna Rossa Sport is a perfume by Prada for men and was released in 2015. The scent is sweet-synthetic. It is being marketed by Puig.

Daniela Andrier

Top Notes Top NotesGinger, Juniper berry, Lavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmber, Hay
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, Tonka bean, Heliotrope, Musk

Submitted by Michael, last update on 24.01.2019

7.5 7.0 7.0 6.0/10
Taurus1967
Copying is rather unsportsmanlike!
I can't imagine that Daniela Andrier, Prada's house perfumer, proudly presented this Luna Rossa offshoot with the unspeakable name Sport to her client. One could perhaps go so far with the assumption that she would have preferred her name not to be associated with this Flanker.

And that's not only because Luna Rossa Sport's many creations are far behind, but also because we are dealing here with a clear copy. Yes, actually there are even two copies, because what you sniff out here is clearly a mixture of Jean Paul Gaultiers "Le Mâle" and "Joop! Homme".

Prada's clients probably wanted it the same way to expand their portfolio with a fragrance that appeals to young people, but Luna Rossa Sport doesn't live up to the brand's claim.

Because the sweetish content is too synthetic and anything but independent for that. Everything indicated in the top note is overrun by the overpowering ingredients of the base note, such as tonka bean, vanilla and above all heliotrope.

On the other hand, the fragrance is not as long-lasting as one might fear and develops a trail in the drydown that leads slightly towards Luna Rossa Extreme. It's a pity that the best representative of this series was reinstated so quickly and that this JPG Joop! clone is still in the program.

The sales figures probably speak for themselves, even if none of the buyers would seriously see and use it as a sports fragrance.
Prada Luna Sport not Sport is Le Male Sport
It was SOTD (Scent of the Day) 12/09/18

To my nose it is Le Male to all the individual that posted here, but I prefer this to Le Male it has the Le Male DNA
but is more sattle. Again Luna Sport has that love and hate relationship in the fragrance community. But to me I like the scent and is not unique, but is wearable on all occasions and seasons for me.

Scent: 7.0/10=similar to JPG Le Male
Longevity/Performance: 8.5 /10=12+ hours on my skin >>>varies on skin chemistry
Presentation: 6.5/10
Overall: 7.5/10

SOTD: Prada Luna Rossa Sport: As of 01/23/19

Update review it hasn't changed from the last review I posted on 12/09/18, my nose still detect the lavender, vanilla and Tonka bean which dominates from start to finish. I used to have Le Male only for a few days but I gifted to my Pastor's son, so I missed the Le Male DNA scent and grab the Prada Luna Rossa Sport, to my nose is similar to Le Male but to me Prada Luna Rossa Sport is a tad better than Le Male just my two scent. Is still a good release from Prada and is a must have if you don't own Le Male.

Longevity/Performance: Lasted on my skin/skin scent around 12+ hrs
9.0 6.0 6.0 9.0/10
underestimated scent
At that time I spontaneously strolled to the Galeria Kaufhof and spontaneously decided to get a fragrance. Until then I had only 2 real fragrances from CK, which I had received as a gift. As with many other things, I approached the matter systematically. So I smelled through almost all the scents that Galeria had in 2015. For me as a full layman, of course, many fragrances smelled absolutely the same. But this one stuck out and became my favorite of all. (2nd place was Joop Homme Wild, by the way, but I don't think he's too good today, because Ultra Male and Welten beat him, for example). So I put on the scent and walked through Düsseldorf's old town. I felt like the absolute king. Such a great fragrance. It was also astonishing that I had him under my nose the whole time, although I had smelled so many scents before.

Today, when I know a lot more about fragrances, I know a little better. The performance is only mediocre and there are also many other top fragrances. Still one of my favorites for me though.

Perfect for spring, casual or chic, both are possible during the day. But the fragrance is very versatile. I didn't get any catchy compliments over time, but I only applied 2-3 sprays, which was much too little with the scent afterwards.

PS: In sports I wouldn't wear it haha :)
7.0 8.0 8.0 6.5/10
Le Male 2,0
Among the sport clones I find this Prada likable cause it's not a typical sport scent. Vanilla and strong tonka bean are usually not so pronounced in sport clones, but lavender and juniper berries give some sport spirit. I was really surprised how many compliments it garners.
Nice scent, but haunted by the ghost of Le Male.

Rating: 6,5/10
8.0 8.0 6.5/10
Not Sporty
So in Italian rossa means red while rosa is pink?

This scent smells more Pink/Rosa than Red/Rossa. Too soft, pink and feminine. Too "thick" or heavy to be called Sport.

I've never really understood the popularity of this line. Caron's Pour Un Homme did this decades ago and seems to be dismissed as dated, go figure.

If you're reading reviews because you're looking for a fragrance for hot weather or for physical activity then you might keep looking. This is good for not-so-hot temps.

Maybe for evenings or casual events? Definitely can be worn by the ladies. Easily projects and has longevity.

Yos 8 months ago
I don't really like it but I heard good things about it on Izaak Guitarrez YouTube channel so maybe girls like it? I'll have to test it more+1
5.5
IanFriedrich 17 months ago
Just a little similar to Le Male. If I have to choose Le Male or LRS, definitely I will chose Le Male even it has been reformulated.+1
5.0
5.0

by eBOSS
by eBOSS

Popular Prada

Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2007) by Prada Candy (Eau de Parfum) by Prada Infusion d'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada L'Homme by Prada Luna Rossa (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Prada (2004) / Prada Amber by Prada Prada L'Eau Ambrée by Prada Luna Rossa Extreme by Prada L'Homme Intense by Prada Infusion d'Iris Absolue by Prada Infusion de Fleur d'Oranger by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Infusion de Vétiver (2010) by Prada La Femme by Prada Amber pour Homme Intense by Prada Candy L'Eau by Prada Candy Florale by Prada Luna Rossa Sport by Prada Infusion de Tubéreuse by Prada