Luna Rossa Sport 2015

Luna Rossa Sport by Prada
Luna Rossa Sport is a perfume by Prada for men and was released in 2015. The scent is sweet-synthetic. It is being marketed by Puig.

Daniela Andrier

Top Notes Top NotesGingerGinger Juniper berryJuniper berry LavenderLavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmberAmber HayHay
Base Notes Base NotesVanillaVanilla Tonka beanTonka bean HeliotropeHeliotrope MuskMusk

Submitted by Michael, last update on 14.07.2022.

The first great love
What times have we been through together... ? 3 years I was happy by your side. I wanted only you and no one else, but I was so inexperienced, you were the first lovely fragrance experience in my life, so far from the complicated perfume world - Creed was just a movie for me and the world was so simple. Sweet, youthful clouds fogged every room we entered together, young men got jealous when I didn't tell them your name and young women couldn't get enough of you. The world was so different in the teenage years, but I grew up, with maturity grew a sense of smell and as great as the love was true, I longed for something new - something less one dimensional. Like time, I miss the scent that wild young life carried with it - it smelled like Prada Luna Rossa Sport
Josef33
Prada you can do better than that
I bought with both the Sport and the Black and now both tested. I must say the Black I was already disappointed by the sillage and durability, whereby the fragrance smells really good but here at the Sport Edition everything is topped again, down.

There is virtually no sillage, the fragrance resembles the Prada Luna Rossa Black so strongly that I do me hard to determine major differences here. So for what this Sport Edition?
I mean a little bit fresher comes this fragrance therefore in contrast to its big brother the Black but for this one has here an even worse sillage and an even worse durability with a little more freshness and the same fragrance DNA.

The bad H&S owed for me quite clearly not to recommend.
Tonishaja
Copy or an independent fragrance ?
There are those who say that it smells very Indientisch to JPG le Male and then there are still the others who say, it is an independent fragrance does not smell at all like le Male.

The fact is that both fragrances are very lavender-heavy and therefore are in my opinion Two close relatives.
If I had to decide for one would be it the Prada Luna pink sport :-)

Now we come to the fragrance:
Short and succinctly described
Imagine le times only from the fragrance character Softer and silkier and lasts longer in my opinion.

Small tip on the side comes also very well in spring and summer even if it is a sweet fragrance, it is namely no Papp sweetness but a flowery sweetness by the soap note appears very fresh.

Otherwise, you can use the also for each season
The first fragrance
It's the year 2015. High school graduation in the bag. What follows? Celebrate, freedom and enjoy life to the full (for now).
Since at that time my knowledge of perfume was about as broad as Arjen Robben's right-foot dribbling strength, a little variation had to be brought into play.
The "red Prada" was a gift from a friend, which I had never smelled before First snoop; "smells really good, I need something for the evening in summer anyway".
And so Prada Luna Rossa Sport became my olfactory signature at that time. I was amazed at the positive reactions, especially from the fairer sex. I was amazed at how the association between a person and their smell can be imprinted in our brain. To this day, this scent still evokes nostalgic, post-abituristic memories in me and my environment.
Especially since it was something different among young non perfumers, something not OneMillionesques. Something to make room in someone's long-term memory, since the "red Prada" (at least in my circle at the time) went down under the big 0815 OneMillionesque. To this day, my 2015 bottle remains in my collection like a trophy, because for me it represents the beginning of a new chapter in life. And every time I catch myself sniffing this bottle, I am immediately catapulted into 2015, with all its beautiful memories. Et voila, the fascination of perfume is born.

The fragrance per se:

Scent 7.7/10 (10/10 personal nostalgia factor )
Shelf life 7.2/10
Sillage 7.0/10
Flacon 8.0/10
Similarities to Versace's The Dreamer and JPG's Le Male are present but not dominant.

If you are looking for a slightly sweet, uncomplicated fragrance suitable for the masses, you might find it here.
Positive/negative feedback welcome.

The first fragrance, the first contribution.
LG
Masculine woodruff pudding
The first thing you notice is an intense and powerful, freshly appearing sweet Mediterranean note, thanks to the lavender.

At the same time, the lavender is accompanied by a very fine sweetish note with a hint of berry, which gives the top note a wonderfully soft, almost silky aura and comes from the juniper berry.

In the very background, a very subtle, very fine wooden citric nuance ensures that the top note does not drift into the sweetly sticky, but remains sweetly fresh and is derived from ginger.

A little bit later the lavender and juniper berry is only slightly dimmed and therefore still clearly perceptible and merge with a very nice note, which really reminds me of woodruff pudding, which has a fine and very pleasant masculinity and I actually suspected the use of coumarin instead of hay.

The masculine woodruff pudding is subliminally enveloped by a very fine sweet spicy nuance of amber, which in my opinion is responsible for giving the fragrance a beautiful tangible substance.

In the last 3 hours, a very dense and sweet creamy note is added in very gradual strokes, which gives off a beautiful, finely spicy, powdery almond note and is due to the vanilla in combination with the tonka bean.

The whole base is held in a very nice fluffy and light aura, so that it can be mentioned here that the base appears sweet but not too sweet and the musk provides a pleasant finish.

Unfortunately, I could not perceive heliotrope, but I can well imagine that this component was used to complete it.

All in all, the fragrance lasts 8 hours on my skin.

The Sillage has been designed from the beginning to be very well perceived at half an arm's length and this is maintained for 4 hours before it is minimized in quiet steps until the fragrance is finished.

I would like to express my sincere thanks to our perfume "Honk1510" for the sample.
Basti87
One of the biggest sport fails
Here's a comment on a fragrance I indulged in last month: Prada Luna Rossa Sports. A fragrance that was on my wish/remember list for 2-3 years. I didn't really know if I needed it, because sweet lavender scents a la Le Male grow like on trees. But he can do something, so I bought him. That it is not a milestone in uniqueness does not diminish this scent for me. Especially now for autumn a great alternative. When the days become shorter and the temperatures swing around 10 degrees.
Perfumer is the popular Prada lady Daniela Andrier. The lady simply does a great job and some of her works are in my collection. I still wonder what went wrong here. Sports? When I saw the pyramid when the release was released, I was surprised. Lavender, hay, vanilla, tonka... all notes you don't want to smell in sports, because they are not really easy. Sport is a big industry, but only winter sports would be suitable. Perhaps it is also a scent for ski jumpers or biathletes. You don't know. Would laymen really wear it in the gym? Be that as it may, names are rather secondary.

The Luna Rossa series is a great series. A great contrast to the rather clean scents of Prada. I also like the other scents. The Extreme is also a great scent for cold temperatures, unfortunately was discontinued. It is available at fair prices. You can get 100ml for 50 to 60 Euro.
The bottle's pretty. Great combination of red and silver.
For me, this sport smells like a mixture of Le Male, Luna Rossa Extreme and a shot of Serge Lutens' Chergui through the hay amber mixture. The pyramid can be smelled out here in this scent. You get what it says. In the opening a lot of sweet lavender as you know it from Le Male. Also spicy ginger joins with a minimal fruity note. A concentrated load of hay follows. A nice strohige note. Vanilla and Tonka are felt throughout and give this fragrance a pleasant but not too penetrating sweetness. Despite its sweetness it is not quite as heavy and pleasant to carry.
From the fragrance point of view not the great reinvention, but a good one its category. For those who want something extraordinary, no option. But I like to wear fragrances that make me feel good. I'm sure this fragrance will go down well. Le Male-like scents appeal to most. Here you can also get the Luna Rossa DNA, which is also very popular. For me it's just a great fragrance for mild temperatures. It is too mild for the very cold temperatures.
Performance is moderate for such sweet fragrances, but is still within limits. The Sillage is quite good over many hours, the durability is also in the frame. Anyone who has high expectations with regard to durability should be critical here. A few hours is enough for me for many occasions.

All in all, a great fragrance for me. No reinvention, but a crowdpleaser for autumn. Only the name's kinda totally off

Taurus1967
Copying is rather unsportsmanlike!
I can't imagine that Daniela Andrier, Prada's house perfumer, proudly presented this Luna Rossa offshoot with the unspeakable name Sport to her client. One could perhaps go so far with the assumption that she would have preferred her name not to be associated with this Flanker.

And that's not only because Luna Rossa Sport's many creations are far behind, but also because we are dealing here with a clear copy. Yes, actually there are even two copies, because what you sniff out here is clearly a mixture of Jean Paul Gaultiers "Le Mâle" and "Joop! Homme".

Prada's clients probably wanted it the same way to expand their portfolio with a fragrance that appeals to young people, but Luna Rossa Sport doesn't live up to the brand's claim.

Because the sweetish content is too synthetic and anything but independent for that. Everything indicated in the top note is overrun by the overpowering ingredients of the base note, such as tonka bean, vanilla and above all heliotrope.

On the other hand, the fragrance is not as long-lasting as one might fear and develops a trail in the drydown that leads slightly towards Luna Rossa Extreme. It's a pity that the best representative of this series was reinstated so quickly and that this JPG Joop! clone is still in the program.

The sales figures probably speak for themselves, even if none of the buyers would seriously see and use it as a sports fragrance.

Prada Luna Sport not Sport is Le Male Sport
It was SOTD (Scent of the Day) 12/09/18

To my nose it is Le Male to all the individual that posted here, but I prefer this to Le Male it has the Le Male DNA
but is more sattle. Again Luna Sport has that love and hate relationship in the fragrance community. But to me I like the scent and is not unique, but is wearable on all occasions and seasons for me.

Scent: 7.0/10=similar to JPG Le Male
Longevity/Performance: 8.5 /10=12+ hours on my skin >>>varies on skin chemistry
Presentation: 6.5/10
Overall: 7.5/10

SOTD: Prada Luna Rossa Sport: As of 01/23/19

Update review it hasn't changed from the last review I posted on 12/09/18, my nose still detect the lavender, vanilla and Tonka bean which dominates from start to finish. I used to have Le Male only for a few days but I gifted to my Pastor's son, so I missed the Le Male DNA scent and grab the Prada Luna Rossa Sport, to my nose is similar to Le Male but to me Prada Luna Rossa Sport is a tad better than Le Male just my two scent. Is still a good release from Prada and is a must have if you don't own Le Male.

Longevity/Performance: Lasted on my skin/skin scent around 12+ hrs
underestimated scent
At that time I spontaneously strolled to the Galeria Kaufhof and spontaneously decided to get a fragrance. Until then I had only 2 real fragrances from CK, which I had received as a gift. As with many other things, I approached the matter systematically. So I smelled through almost all the scents that Galeria had in 2015. For me as a full layman, of course, many fragrances smelled absolutely the same. But this one stuck out and became my favorite of all. (2nd place was Joop Homme Wild, by the way, but I don't think he's too good today, because Ultra Male and Welten beat him, for example). So I put on the scent and walked through Düsseldorf's old town. I felt like the absolute king. Such a great fragrance. It was also astonishing that I had him under my nose the whole time, although I had smelled so many scents before.

Today, when I know a lot more about fragrances, I know a little better. The performance is only mediocre and there are also many other top fragrances. Still one of my favorites for me though.

Perfect for spring, casual or chic, both are possible during the day. But the fragrance is very versatile. I didn't get any catchy compliments over time, but I only applied 2-3 sprays, which was much too little with the scent afterwards.

PS: In sports I wouldn't wear it haha :)

Not Sporty
So in Italian rossa means red while rosa is pink?

This scent smells more Pink/Rosa than Red/Rossa. Too soft, pink and feminine. Too "thick" or heavy to be called Sport.

I've never really understood the popularity of this line. Caron's Pour Un Homme did this decades ago and seems to be dismissed as dated, go figure.

If you're reading reviews because you're looking for a fragrance for hot weather or for physical activity then you might keep looking. This is good for not-so-hot temps.

Maybe for evenings or casual events? Definitely can be worn by the ladies. Easily projects and has longevity.

Kazos07Kazos07 1 year ago
Light version of JPG Le Male with Prada's powdery touch. Not sporty at all
KingPinKingPin 3 years ago
Pretty boring classic fresh sports scent. Not bad, just not that interesting.
YosYos 4 years ago
5.5
I don't really like it but I heard good things about it on Izaak Guitarrez YouTube channel so maybe girls like it? I'll have to test it more
IanFriedrichIanFriedrich 5 years ago
Just a little similar to Le Male. If I have to choose Le Male or LRS, definitely I will chose Le Male even it has been reformulated.

Kleiner Tsunami am See
by eBOSS
by Mann
by Mann

Popular by Prada

L'Homme by Prada L'Homme Intense by Prada Olfactories - Cargo de Nuit by Prada Luna Rossa Black by Prada Infusion d'Iris Absolue by Prada L'Homme L'Eau by Prada Infusion d'Amande by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2015) by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2007) by Prada Infusion d'Iris Cèdre by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Toilette) by Prada L'Homme Water Splash by Prada Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Infusion d'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Prada (2004) / Prada Amber by Prada La Femme by Prada Luna Rossa Extreme by Prada Prada (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Prada Olfactories - Midnight Train by Prada