Olfactories - Moonlight Shadow (2018)

Olfactories - Moonlight Shadow by Prada

Olfactories - Moonlight Shadow is a new perfume by Prada for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is fruity-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Puig.

Top Notes Top NotesPeach, Fig, Cumin
Heart Notes Heart NotesCocoa, Leather
Base Notes Base NotesCedarwood

Submitted by Greifswald, last update on 16.04.2019

The scent is part of the "Les Mirages" collection.

10.0 8.0 8.0 8.5/10

Weihrauch
From good to very good to favorite
Hey, you fragrance freaks,

we all have little time, so this time I'll make it short and concise!

I don't remember exactly how it happened, but the scent came to me like the child to the virgin.
From the first breath I liked this dry, fruity, leathery aura. But he was always too hard and rugged for me, especially for 250,-!

But as I was gradually progressing on my perfume journey, I first noticed the quality of this fragrance:

1. The bottle is of insanely high quality and stylishly worked.
2. The fragrance lasts "only" about 8 hours on the skin, but they have it in the matter of Sillage in themselves!
3. Finally I discover a fragrance where I can really sniff out all the notes (except "forest")! Dry leather, tasty cocoa, fruity fig and other dried fruits!
4. The fragrance is equally good from the head to the base and I think that's great. It smells after 8 hours exactly like at the beginning, it does not develop into an ambroxan, vanilla, shower gel or wood chaos.
5. It's wearable all year round. It doesn't matter if it's warm (the fruits come out) or cold (the leather and the cocoa come out).

In short: really a masterpiece for me. When my last bottle is used up, the bottle will come to me!
Too bad that the scent gets almost no attention...or even good so?

Thanks for reading!

Love you guys < br />
Moritz
9.0 8.0 9.0 8.5/10

Forest eroticism
Just recently I wrote a rather euphoric comment on Soul Of The Forest. I mention this right at the beginning, because there is at least a recognizable similarity between these two scents.

Moonlight Shadow starts forestal and remains forestal throughout the fragrance. This basic tone varies depending on the 'comrade-in-arms' of the fragrance pyramid, but I would definitely describe the fragrance as forestal-sweetish-herb.
Monlight Shadow is fruity and spicy after spraying on. Not gourmand or sugary when I say fruity. But creamy and bittersweet - like a ripe peach.
Also the fig comes through quite dominant from the beginning. Slightly tart and very spicy for a fig scent (possibly also due to the connection with the cumin, which I personally do not perceive as badly as I had feared).
On my skin the scent has the already mentioned forest aroma from the beginning, which probably comes through the cedar wood and suits the scent perfectly. The prelude smells almost a little mystical.
After a few minutes the cocoa appears clearly perceptible and yet not too superficially in the picture. The cocoa really must be mentioned here, because it does not smell sweet, not even chocolaty. The cocoa unfolds a background aroma which is already patchouli-esque. And that's really good, ungruftiger and by no means hippie patchouli. As dry and serious as (to name another comparison) in Patchouli Absolu, which has been my signature fragrance for years.
You can already tell that Moonlight Shadow is a rather dark, spicy and enveloping fragrance. And also an unplayful and serious one, whereby I mean this really positive. A word that would be very fitting would also be unagitated. And strangely erotic.
The fragrance retains the mystical touch mentioned above in the course of time and takes on almost meditative characteristics when the cedar wood, which has been perceptible all along, comes to the fore. And that smells enormously good and amazingly authentic as far as the "forest image" is concerned.
If the scent has settled after (with me) about 20-30 minutes, something reminds me of Au Thé Rouge. There is some herbal note that recalls this association over and over again... But also this comparison (like the previous ones should not say that Moonlight Shadow "smells like..." but rather serve to convey a picture of the type of scent.
Oh well, I can't spot leather at any time, but I'm not missing it at all.

In the end, it is difficult for me to summarize all this in a kind of summary. Moonlight Shadow is a dark, spicy-herbal fragrance with a clearly perceptible forest theme. Great fig note and dark brown patch cocoa enhance it even more. It does indeed look noble and yet relaxed due to its almost meditative character. And kind of sexy, too.

Popular Prada

Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2007) by Prada Candy (Eau de Parfum) by Prada L'Homme by Prada Infusion d'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Luna Rossa (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Prada (2004) / Prada Amber by Prada L'Homme Intense by Prada Prada L'Eau Ambrée by Prada Luna Rossa Extreme by Prada Infusion d'Iris Absolue by Prada Infusion de Fleur d'Oranger by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Infusion de Vétiver (2010) by Prada La Femme by Prada Amber pour Homme Intense by Prada Candy L'Eau by Prada Luna Rossa Sport by Prada Candy Florale by Prada Infusion de Tubéreuse by Prada