Luna Rossa Ocean 2021

Luna Rossa Ocean by Prada
Luna Rossa Ocean is a new perfume by Prada for men and was released in 2021. The scent is fresh-aquatic. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
SuedeSuede
Base Notes Base NotesHaitian vetiverHaitian vetiver
MuskMusk
PatchouliPatchouli

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 16.10.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is actor Jake Gyllenhaal, filmed by Swedish director Johan Renck.

Prada's going down!
Today we look at whether Prada's new fragrance Luna Rossa Ocean is worth the money, or whether Prada is going swimmingly with this release.

In the opening, you can feel very briefly something fresh. This will be the bergamot. As is typical of Prada fragrances, Luna Rossa Ocean is dominated by a powdery iris note. This is complemented somewhat with lavender, giving the scent a very distant fougere character in the late drydown. It reminds me briefly of MFK's Masculin Pluriel. The problem I have with Luna Rossa Ocean is that you can hardly smell anything. It all seems very synthetic. Natural aromas I can not recognize except for the short freshness kick of bergamot in the opening. Personally, the fragrance is also much too sweet after a few minutes and with the "ocean" I just do not want to associate extreme sweetness. The lavender trims the scent somewhat in the direction of a shower gel scent. But the problem here is that there are clearly better fresh scents of this kind. Carlos Benaim has shown how to do this in the past with Dunhil Icon. Luna Rossa Ocean feels more like a test tube accident to me. It's an absolutely arbitrary, boring and insignificant fragrance. Don't get me wrong. The scent smells fresh, doesn't gross anyone out, and you're sure to get compliments on it. You probably won't find anyone telling you that this scent stinks either. So if you're just looking for a fragrance that has those last mentioned qualities, this Prada might be something for you. But if you want to stand out from the crowd and do not want to smell like 95% of all shower gel fragrances, then I would give Luna Rossa Ocean a wide berth
As a comparison, I would list here, for example, the Spicebomb Nightvision (EdT). The has also no one needed, he was superfluous and smelled absolutely interchangeable.

With 6h the durability is in the midfield. This is neither particularly bad, nor particularly good. Again, the new Prada is just absolutely average.

If you're looking for a fresh-shower gel-like fragrance, then reach for example rather to Dylan Blue by Versace. Or the Man Eau Fraiche from the same house. They smell better, cost less and perform at least as well. For a few euros more you could also look at Foconero by Tiziana Terenzi. Here you get an incredibly fresh fragrance with extrait de parfum concentration and really strong performance. Foconero goes in the direction of Mont Blanc Legend, Parfums de Marly Percival and Fierce by Abercrombie & Fitch.

I was ultimately disappointed by Luna Rossa Ocean. We have here a fragrance that offers nothing new and what it does, it does mediocrely. For me, Prada has gone swimming with this fragrance

A Drop in the Ocean
Like so many other fragrance houses, Prada provides us every year with a brilliant new offshoot of its Luna Rossa series. But what to do when you can't think of an innovative theme for the upcoming flanker? That's right, either simply observe what the competition or the company's step-siblings are up to and then either swim along with them or do the complete opposite. Or choose an ever-present theme with which you can't really go wrong in principle, unless the fragrance is no good per se: summer, holiday, sea, an aquatic fresh fragrance that evokes summer holiday feelings even in the deepest lockdown and dreariest rainy weather. Just rummage in the clothes box.
But one could also argue otherwise: A fragrance that harmonizes with many fresh shower gels and allows men a good addition after the daily washing rite. Previously, so 30 years ago, there was for the vast majority of designer fragrances an almost unimaginable range of care products with the corresponding fragrance. That fell victim to the controller's red pen almost everywhere. So put out a fragrance that would willingly hop in the box with any discount shower gel, if you want to put it that way. Voila!

I like the Prada bottles. There's still a certain value behind them, even in this plain blue box. A beautiful, solid, dark blue bottle, with a very high-quality atomizer and a red logo for contrast. The transparent protective button is best disposed of immediately, after transport it is useless. Such a flacon you can put on the shelf, the declassifies all crowns, bars or cups. Solidity just.

A first spray and it's like coming home to your parents or grandma and grandpa after a long time. Not that it would smell like Prada Luna Rossa Ocean with them. But it smells very familiar, as if you had never been away, just like home.
Many old familiar freshness components come out, citrusy notes provide the necessary opening freshness kick. Quickly push herbs and spices after and there is again this reminder of all the aquatic fragrances of the 1990s, which were so innovative and tone-setting at the time. A few big names of that time come to mind, here sometimes more, sometimes less similar and pronounced. Too many warm notes do not come even in the finish, it remains rather herbaceous-green, which I like, because most modern designer fragrances are much too sweet for me in the back.

A masculine fresh scent, as if fresh out of the shower, if you have then there to a blue packaging has reached. This fragrance fits complementary and helps one to feel and transport this freshness experience qualitatively further. Unfortunately, the durability is not particularly pronounced, after a good six hours the last herbaceous notes disappear. The fragrance was initially still quite voluminous, only after a good hour he retreats to arm's length.

Prada Luna Rossa Ocean lives up to its name, it develops a certain Mediterranean freshness. The theme of many other similar fragrances is indeed skillfully taken up, but unfortunately also not modern further developed. So it remains a drop in the ocean - a drop in the ocean.
Waves in the bathtub/shower
Luna Rossa Ocean, I received with a purchase as a tester to. Normally, I'm not really interested in all the designer flankers, but if I already have a small tester, then I also write a review, so at least my thought. Right off the bat, I'm trying to be as benevolent as possible in reviewing this designer fragrance. Normally I'm more in the niche area on the road.

Luna Rossa Ocean is described in the corresponding commercial as a rough scent of the ocean, which is a force of nature and it takes a true man, or adventurer to brave it. Honestly, I have to admit that I had to laugh when I smelled Luna Rossa Ocean and watched the commercial again. For me, Luna Rossa Ocean has nothing of a force of nature in a bottle, we have here a typical shower gel scent, which appears with bergamot, pepper, lavender, vetiver, musk and synthetics. Nothing new was brought to the market here for sure, but at least the quality is quite solid. I could not notice a progression with Luna Rossa Ocean either. The scent remains a typical shower gel with a cooling effect from start to finish, as some brands do. Luna Rossa Ocean is at most adventures in the bathroom at 7am when the cooling effect from the shower gel kicks in, or on the weekend the bath water has gone cold. The only swell might be the suction the drain creates. I do not want to make Luna Rossa Ocean bad at all, but the commercial is not reflected at all in the bottle.

My conclusion here: Solid shower gel fragrance with synthetics and an average durability.

The longevity was 6 hours on me and the silage was over an arm's length for about an hour, but skin tight after about 3 hours.

Tuunsch
A shower gel, aver of the better kind
Luna Rossa... i think first and foremost of sailing boats costing millions of dollars, thundering through the waves on the most beautiful beaches in the world. I think of high-tech, of competition, of tanned beauties in far too expensive tracksuits. Of course, I think of the rough sea, salt, sun, and inevitably, exquisite fashion.
With these thoughts, the expectations for a perfume are high. Maybe too high. Let's get to the fragrance.
Even as a rank beginner in the perfume world, I knew from the beginning in which direction this fragrance aims. "Knows one" I thought to myself. And so it is probably also. Fresh, citrusy, a slight sea breeze, and masculine at that. Yes, it sounds like a blue shower gel. And that's how it smells, especially at first. I was disappointed because I couldn't make out anything that made this scent interesting in any way. After an hour or two on the skin though, that impression diminished. The scent is still not a revelation and probably nothing special. But unlike many other Ocean fragrances, this one manages to develop decently, I think. I find it to be less lacy and one-dimensional than it was at first. It gets softer, rounder, warmer and also a little more complex as the hours go by. But it never loses its freshness and dynamism. For me, a decent summer scent that I can well imagine for a summer day at the beach as well as in the office. The fragrance is certainly nothing special, but comes with me not as bad away as with some others here, and can stand out within its peers for me already. For me, it is a successful fragrance from the shower gel department, which has its raison d'être, even if I had expected more from Luna Rossa.

Please excuse my lack of knowledge when it comes to fragrances. I have described the fragrance as I perceived it, and hope you enjoy this post.

Best regards
5.5
Neonwhite
The Prada who didn't want to be one
Prada Luna Rossa - A designer perfume line that for me yet positively stands out between all the designers. Ober the classic Luna Rossa or the (even better) Luna Rossa Black. All really good fragrances. With the Olfactories line, Prada has also crowned its fragrance assortment. I could test so far so some and since then it means for me consistently quality and above all also a certain Uniqueness, if Prada stands on the flacon.

So I was looking forward to the sample of the Luna Rossa Ocean.
Hardly sprayed on, set but quite quickly the disappointment. Have they perhaps confused the sample? Probably not.

Imagine the fragrance so: You go to the local drugstore, grab any men's shaving lotion (Let's go with the cheaper one) and... Well, period.

Or better yet. Invite your buddy's buddy you don't know to your birthday. You get a scent as a gift. Unfortunately, that's exactly what this little water smells like: Petty, impersonal, utterly interchangeable and boring.

I would like to start by no means a Verriss, but I am but very strongly disappointed that Prada offers such a fragrance here, which smells like every 2nd men's fragrance. Unfortunately, it does not need in this world another 0815 shaving water shower gel fragrance which is just massively advertised there. Since also the new special Synthetische formula helps nothing.

Stands Prada on it - but this one wanted to be certainly none. Too bad. My wife commented on this fragrance then by the way unasked with: Nee, go you shower?

Too bad.

Not a typical "ocean" scent
The scent opens with a blast of synthetic maritime notes, slightly resembling toilet fresheners - the ones with a wave printed on them stating "ocean freshness". After the initial blast a tonka sweetness becomes noticeable - not that different from Invictus Victory. As the scent settles it becomes more rounded and the air freshener comparisons are starting to fade. The modern tonka sweetness with some hay-like touches remains along with lavender till the far drydown.
I don't really get any resemblance to other scents from the luna rossa line - it smells more like something Paco Rabanne would release.
I have not really made my mind up upon a first wearing whether I like it or not... interesting release nevertheless

KanafaniKanafani 11 days ago
Why so many negative reviews. Very down to earth frag with simplistic focus on vetiver and bergamot. Perfect for everyday.
Nik604Nik604 2 months ago
The ultimate ethyl maltol caramel soup...teens must be happy. Overhyped and overpriced as usual from Prada.

Calone
by Christoph69
by SaSu77
by SaSu77

Popular Prada

L'Homme by Prada L'Homme Intense by Prada Olfactories - Cargo de Nuit by Prada Luna Rossa Black by Prada Infusion d'Iris Absolue by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2015) by Prada Infusion d'Iris Cèdre by Prada Infusion d'Amande by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2007) by Prada L'Homme L'Eau by Prada L'Homme Water Splash by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada Infusion d'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Prada (2004) / Prada Amber by Prada Luna Rossa Extreme by Prada Olfactories - Purple Rain by Prada La Femme by Prada Olfactories - Miracle of the Rose by Prada