Versilia Aurum (2010)

Versilia Aurum by Profumi del Forte

Versilia Aurum is a perfume by Profumi del Forte for women and men and was released in 2010. The scent is sweet-gourmand. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesStrawberry, , Plum
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Orchid, Rose, Tuberose, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Balsamic notes, Sandalwood, Tonka bean, Vanilla, White musk

Submitted by Snowflake, last update on 09.02.2019

6.0/10
Kxnaiades
beautiful caramel and that's about it
There are scents that have a couple of notes and yet smell like they hold secrets of a cavern. Then there are some perfumes that have a whole chorus of notes and yet only a few are resounding. Versilia Aurum falls into the latter group. It's caramel upon caramel, with a hint of fruit and flowers at most. It smells delicious, exactly like good old caramel sauce. However if you looked at the notes and expected something exciting, it is not. Hands down the best caramel scent I've come across yet, realistic and no artificial or synthetic vibes coming across. Sillage and longevity are very very good. However, I'm not too sure I would fork over the required amount to wear caramel. I would like to add that months on, I'm thankful that I kept to my decant and did not spring for a full bottle as I'm already bored of it, as pretty as it is.
5.0 5.0 7.0/10
Strawberries and cream flavoured ice-cream
I like following my instincts, and my instincts a while ago told me to sample Versilia Aurum whatever the cost. I think it was the world's way of saying that a sweet, strawberry based fragrance could be successful if blended with the right, quality ingredients.

The more times I wear Versilia Aurum, the more enchanted with it I become. It smells like strawberries, but instead of being candied or synthetically sharp, it is presented as a delicious bowl of strawberries and cream flavoured icecream. Creamy, smooth, sugary and enticing.

With that being said, Versilia Aurum does tend to have a gourmand feel throughout, however it's more complex than just strawberry icecream. The heart is a beautiful, feminine blend of powdery florals. When the powder blends with the sugary fruits, the result is quite dusty, soft and pleasing. I can detect a certain accord that resembles the scent of vintage cosmetics, like the scent of face powder and lipsticks. There's a quaintness to it that I really like.

It was at this point that I stopped and realised that Versilia Aurum was designed with a specific point in mind, that it was to resemble or pay homage to a precious metal; gold. Rose gold perhaps, but not gold itself. I find gold much bolder and spicier than this. This fragrance makes me think of all things pink. I'm surprised to see this listed as unisex to be honest. However I understand that I could be biased as this fragrance does settle on my skin in a very feminine and pretty way.

Unfortunately the longevity is not fabulous. I spritzed it on around midday, and found it to have disappeared by late afternoon. The sillage is also surprisingly intimate and soft. I like it this way, however I didn't expect it to be so wispy.

This fragrance has proven to me that sugary strawberry scents, when composed well, can be absolutely delicious on the skin. A full bottle may cost a small fortune, but for those that love strawberries and want a step up from those nauseatingly candied scents, Versilia Aurum is the way to go.

by Lasisa