Acqua Viva 2006

Acqua Viva by Profumum Roma
8.0 / 10 334 Ratings
Acqua Viva is a popular perfume by Profumum Roma for women and men and was released in 2006. The scent is citrusy-fresh. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

CedarwoodCedarwood Amalfi lemonAmalfi lemon Mount Etna broomMount Etna broom
Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 18.01.2023.

6 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Top Review 14
Good mood makers and refreshers
Acqua Viva, the living water. Well, let's see, I already have one or the other representative of Profumum Roma standing at home, so why not something new.

The flacon looks like all the other PRs, you can like it or not, I appreciate the secure stand, the equally simple and yet somehow elegant silhouette, just the plastic cap is worthy of the called price in the smallest way. The spray head, on the other hand, does an excellent job as usual with PR and atomizes the contents in a nice fine mist.
For PR first-time offenders, it should be pointed out at this point that this fragrance also leaves a slightly oily film on the skin, so please pay special attention with white clothes.

It is now well known that there are citrus scents that immediately evoke associations with strong toilet or bathroom cleaners, or those that are so synthetically constructed that it clouds your brain. Acqua Viva is here, as can be expected in this price range, carved from a finer wood. Sure, the lemon is extremely noticeable here too, but not sharp or unpleasant, just the opposite is the case. A very fine smell spreads and wraps the wearer (m/f/d, to be politically correct) in a refreshing coat.

Most PR creations are rather one-dimensional from my point of view (and I mean that in a completely value-neutral way, a good start doesn't always have to have a negative outcome) and here, too, at least I can't really see any significant development of the fragrance. It is lemon, it remains lemon and in the end it was lemon. Summer scents often have a rather moderate sillage and durability, even Acqua Viva unfortunately can't put itself in a different league. The sillage clearly diminishes after one hour, the shelf life is still sufficient with 4-6 hours (depending on the number of sprayings).
But the citric freshness that this fragrance lets me enjoy is already top class and has an enormous unique selling point compared to many other summery representatives. This is also what makes a good fragrance, that you can't smell it on every corner.

And so Acqua Viva is a great summer scent, suitable especially on days with temperature peaks, but also in spring when you long for summer. I'm usually not a friend of unisex things, but here I must clearly state that both men and women will like this good mood maker.

Definitely a test recommendation for anyone who is still looking for something suitable for the season.

Lemon tartlets
Short and sweet.

For me personally, the perfume is just too sweet for a male lemon scent...At the beginning it is very tangy, but the longer it is on my skin, the sweeter it becomes. Almost like a lemon tartlet.
The shelf life is good with me, min. 5 hrs.
The sweetness comes from the broom I suppose, but I never expected it to be so "tardy" (cake-like) I miss the cedar altogether
5.5
Something's bothering me...
Acqua Viva is probably pretty much the most famous summer fragrance, if the desire for a summer fragrance with good durability. Of course, I had to test Acqua Viva too. I am writing this review after almost 5 ml of Acqua Viva, which I have used over the last few months. It took a really long time until I was sure how to rate Acqua Viva.

Acqua Viva is very easy to describe: Fresh lemon with a hint of sweetness from the broom note. Cedar wood was used here to fix the notes, which gives Acqua Viva a nice woody note. Unfortunately, this euphoria lasts for a mere 3 hours for me. After these 3 hours, some unpleasant note appears, I guess musk, but unfortunately I'm not sure here. It is definitely a note that manages to spoil the whole fragrance for me. Acqua Viva is thereby very exhausting for me and I have no desire to wear the fragrance more.

However, the durability is really very good. I could always perceive Acqua Viva 9-10 hours on my skin. The silage is always pleasant and never over an arm's length, which I appreciate in a summer fragrance. After about 5-6 hours Acqua Viva becomes increasingly skin.

The price is of course a point which I still want to address. I find this for a pure summer fragrance clearly too high. Thus, for Acqua Viva is unsuitable for a quick refreshment, because times briefly nachsprühen, or times 2-3 sprayers more take here is not such a cheap affair.

Citrone Absoluta
Wow, such realistic lemon to start with. It's in your face citrus but not furniture polish opening as some have described. It does settle down quite quickly to a rather manly citrus fragrance with a backbone. Great for a summers day and with reasonable performance. I do not get 10-12 hours as some suggest. It will be part of my Summer 2021 wardrobe this year.

Great winter cheerer)))
I was sure that this wonderful citrusy scent would be exactly what you need in summer - smells like mono lemon skin aroma for me. Bought it in mid November and was really charmed with its freshness and juiciness, just sparkling lemon juice! Full stop! Silly me, was keeping it till summer and didn't wear it any single day.
What a surprise that in a really hot weather - like +30 I can smell only resin! Even kind of pleasant. What a shame! and silly me!
So, its time is winter or cooler season, then you can smell its entire beauty.
Going to Nord See next, will try it again, if not - winter comes to Switzerland anyway))))
More reviews

9 short views on the fragrance
Syzygy73Syzygy73 6 years ago
This is more lemony than Lemony Snicket's knickers. Holy smokes, this is lemony, ya! As they might say in Fargo.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 8 months ago
Mouthwatering lemon, bright and slightly green, with a touch of sweet orange. The drydown smells like a lemon tree. Perfect for hot days.
RonniweRonniwe 2 years ago
Perfume cítrico, con una nota de limón muy intensa y duradera, perfecta para verano. Ya que dura mucho.
KilikisKilikis 5 months ago
Better than real lemon, incredible when layered with Victrix.
Adimus009Adimus009 9 months ago
An exceptionally photorealistic lemon scent that dries down to a woody base. A simple refreshing composition. Excellent longevity
More statements

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

15 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Profumum Roma

Patchouly by Profumum Roma Sorriso by Profumum Roma Acqua e Zucchero by Profumum Roma Arso by Profumum Roma Ambra Aurea by Profumum Roma Confetto by Profumum Roma Battito d'Ali by Profumum Roma Vanitas by Profumum Roma Dulcis in Fundo by Profumum Roma Ichnusa by Profumum Roma Victrix by Profumum Roma Olibanum by Profumum Roma Acqua di Sale by Profumum Roma Audace by Profumum Roma Meringa by Profumum Roma Note di Profumum - Luci dell'Est by Profumum Roma Thundra by Profumum Roma Soavissima by Profumum Roma Alba by Profumum Roma Note di Profumum - Meraviglia by Profumum Roma