Acqua di Sale (1996)

Acqua di Sale by Profumum Roma

Acqua di Sale is a popular perfume by Profumum Roma for women and men and was released in 1996. The scent is aquatic-fresh. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Myrtle, Cedarwood, Kelp

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 03.05.2019

8.0 8.0 9.0 8.5/10

Holiday refresher
Profumum Roma. Niche brand from Rome. Flacons unspectacularly beautiful. Ratings here are from 0 to 10. So this scent must be an extreme splitter. One you love or hate. Let's see/smell.

As my consultant said in my favourite perfumery: this fragrance brings her to the sea and/or memories of her last holiday by the sea. I see I was not sure at first whether I would like this mixture of (synthetic) salt and seaweed. So first out in the fresh air and after 30 minutes continue to smell. What do you want me to say? Yes, Acqua di sale will bring you to the sea in your mind, this salty seaweed note now lets a few woods sound through and compared to the classic smell on (Italian) coasts, the fragrance is very fine, almost soft around the corner. In the style of most Profumum Roma creations, a slightly sweet note has been added to this water without ever becoming intrusive. Well so, because these sweet scents are mine so not at all.

I find AdS rather one-dimensional, nothing seems to develop, and I don't mean that at all negatively. Even after 10 hours, with my eyes closed, I had the feeling of strolling along the Lungomare repubblica in Riccione, so intensely this fragrance sticks to you. And I like this saltiness that is so characteristic that makes the fragrance unique and unmistakable. Alone for that there is an extra point from me, because how many perfumes are today so similar to others, partly almost interchangeable.

Sillage strong, durability massive.

Whether AdS is good or not is up to each individual. I understand a 10 rating, then it is simply a direct hit. I find a zero a bit harsh, because sooooooooo it's not bad now either :-)

For me it's just a great summer scent that makes every beach holiday longer/revive
9.0 9.0 9.0 9.0/10

An olfactory daydream
A trip by boat from Tuscany to Sardinia. Around you the smell of the salty sea and in front of you the smell of Sardinia and the myrtle floating towards you. A scent that clears your head, makes you happy and pleases almost everyone after giving you a wonderful feeling of lightness and freshness.
5.0 7.5 10.0 3.0/10

Gold
A day at the swimming pool
This is a very expensive, over-priced scent! I tested it for a very long time, having been lucky enough to obtain several decants of it before writing this review. Quite an original perfume - pretty unusual in its approach to the subject of salt and the sea. There's no development in this fragrance, it is just "salty" and smells like your skin after a day at the swimming pool with a touch of a chlorine overtone. A new interpretation of an aquatic scent. Aria di Mare by Il Profumo is quite similar, but more playful. Tirrenico by Profumi del Forte points into the same direction. But both fragrances mentioned here for comparision are more interesting, more herbaceous, too, whereas Acqua di Sale is a perfume which is totally mono-linear and could bore you stiff after several applications. Some people pay the moon in order to smell...different. Nice after a long summer holiday when you are back at home and wish you were not. Tremendous staying-power included!

Tetrodox 32 days ago
Everytime I wear it, images of The Creature from the Black Lagoon come to my mind, I can't help it! I love it though, very much!!!
Akunin 13 months ago
Great performance, but not my cup of tea...

by Seejungfrau
by Safin23
by CubaMike
by CubaMike

Popular Profumum Roma

Sorriso by Profumum Roma Confetto by Profumum Roma Dulcis in Fundo by Profumum Roma Vanitas by Profumum Roma Acqua di Sale by Profumum Roma Battito d'Ali by Profumum Roma Patchouly by Profumum Roma Ambra Aurea by Profumum Roma Acqua e Zucchero by Profumum Roma Olibanum by Profumum Roma Ichnusa by Profumum Roma Victrix by Profumum Roma Fiore d'Ambra by Profumum Roma Acqua Viva by Profumum Roma Arso by Profumum Roma Thundra by Profumum Roma Alba by Profumum Roma Soavissima by Profumum Roma Dambrosia by Profumum Roma Dolce Acqua by Profumum Roma