Alba by Profumum Roma

Alba is a popular perfume by Profumum Roma for women and men and was released in 2004. The scent is sweet-powdery. It is still in production.

Amber, Almond tree, Sandalwood, Hazelnut, Iris

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 06.12.2019.

7.0 5.0 6.0 9.0/10

Soft, cuddly cloud
Alba is for me an elegant, sensual, delicate and mysterious fragrance. Soft, fluffy amber in a duet with sandalwood forms an incredibly soft and attractive cloud. Gently the hazelnut sings together with this duet and brings along nut and almond notes.

Yum! However, for some reason I do not smell the iris.

A unique fragrance. Unfortunately I had to find out that Alba disappears after 5 minutes after application to the skin without saying goodbye. I then ask myself: "War´s this now?". I can't smell it anymore.

Nevertheless, although it is only 5 minutes when I wear the scent, this cozy and attractive cloud - I smile and snuggle up to her.

It's funny, but I don't associate it with Alba. I'm just enjoying this tenderness and gentleness.
The scent is not loud, but it is very mellow.
7.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

Coziness
The best way to describe what this perfume feels like to me, is to picture yourself in front of an indoor fireplace, in your softest pajamas, with a wool blanket wrapped around you and drinking a cup of hot cocoa milk. Outside is snowing peacefully and not a single sound is made. Everything is quiet, only the burning logs animate the surroundings . Absolute stillness. You feel warm, loved and tranquil. If coziness was a scent, Alba would be its name.
I've always struggled with vanilla. Not my favorite ingredient in perfumes, not even in pastry. Too much will make my stomach feel ill. But there is something in Alba that is similar to vanilla. Maybe it's the almonds mixed with sandalwood that give me such an impression. Alba is to me what vanilla is to others.
The scent is simple and linear, it doesn't project like a bomb, but you can smell it from half an arm away and it lingers on your skin for a long time. It's sweet and nutty, but not childish. More of a grown up gourmand kind of sweet. It is creamy but powdery the same time. It's also woody and I know the hazelnuts are responsible for this beautiful effect. The hazelnuts are not Nutella style and not even roasted. They are raw and fresh. To sum it up, the scent is reminiscent of a hazelnut cappuccino, with more milk than coffee.
As for the name, this doesn't smell white (Alba) to me. More like beige or cream. But I know that white is associated with innocence, so yes, the name fits its character. My favorite perfume for winter!
5.0 7.5 7.5 7.0/10

Alba by Profumum Roma
Opens with a sweet but indistinct floral note. Light touches of spices and vanilla add depth and sparkle to the still-unidentified top note. From afar, however, I see things more clearly: a rich heliotrope note layered over a white-flower note. Iris and sandalwood shroud the heliotrope-white flower accord in a dense veil of powder. The fragrance develops into a very nice iris and amber composition: powdery-floral with a slightly gourmand base. This perfect equilibrium does not last very long and quickly the scent progresses to the sweet dry-down: a milky hazelnut and vanilla blend dusted with powdered sugar.

by Ancaan
by Ancaan
by Labormaus
by Labormaus

Popular Profumum Roma

Sorriso by Profumum Roma Confetto by Profumum Roma Dulcis in Fundo by Profumum Roma Vanitas by Profumum Roma Acqua di Sale by Profumum Roma Battito d'Ali by Profumum Roma Patchouly by Profumum Roma Ambra Aurea by Profumum Roma Olibanum by Profumum Roma Acqua e Zucchero by Profumum Roma Ichnusa by Profumum Roma Acqua Viva by Profumum Roma Victrix by Profumum Roma Fiore d'Ambra by Profumum Roma Arso by Profumum Roma Thundra by Profumum Roma Alba by Profumum Roma Soavissima by Profumum Roma Dolce Acqua by Profumum Roma Dambrosia by Profumum Roma