Arso by Profumum Roma
Arso is a popular perfume by Profumum Roma for women and men and was released in 2010. The scent is woody-smoky. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Leather, Pine resin, Frankincense, Cedar leaf

Submitted by Baux, last update on 19.01.2021.

Summer in the City
Early summer in the city. The last exam written. Studies actually over. No obligations. Freedom. A party by the river. It's getting dark. The campfire burns bright. The beer stands in the water to cool. Every now and then you get up and get one. One is sure to fall in the water tonight, but it doesn't matter, doesn't matter.
The logs in the fire crackle. Sparks rise into the night sky, shining briefly with the stars. A few land on the leather jacket, too. Old thing, inherited from father, a bit stained and patched. Anyway. The fire hisses, resins flare. Mocking. Teasing. Only a small column of smoke stands vertical in the windless night. The wood is dry.
The girl's smile. Kisses in the wood. Maybe more, too. Brief passion in the cool night. Back to the warming fire.
Someone gets out the guitar and a kazoo. For those who can neither sing nor play. There's drinking and laughing. The cigarettes rolled by themselves. Dizzy from the snus. Chewing tobacco, once and never again. All intoxicants legal and maybe more.
You lie down. Close to the embers. Barely any smoke left. The stars still twinkle. Fading slowly into the twilight. A perfect time, Summer of '97...

--------

Arso, to me, is less a walk in the woods and more the perfect simulation of a campfire. The pine resin and incense combine to create a spicy, rather cool smoke. The fire is fed by cedar. Add some leather and you're done, not much changes. The longevity is very good. For me though, it's not a scent I could wear, it's just too much smoke for that. But damn well done he is already!

Thanks to Serafina for your great walking letter!
Grey cloud forest
Since I'm just looking for a black-green, dark green mysterious forest fragrance, with really a lot of forest, I had to try Arso of course. Profumum Roma is one of my favorite houses, however, the fragrances I know and own are mainly the sweet.

Arso is a beautiful and noble fragrance. I can't really perceive leather and incense as such, as they blend nicely together. I can, however, sense them. Pine resin I smell out well at first, but even that blends with the rest. Could be stronger for my taste. However, I strongly perceive the pencil lead cedar wood, which unfortunately bothers me a bit. I think it's nice but I don't like that slightly sweet pencil lead aroma. It's too dominant in the whole composition for me. Then there is the fact that later on I notice the leather note in the finish. I don't smell it directly, but when I smell it, exhale and then notice that fruity scratchy leather note after exhaling in the finish. I always have that with scratchy leather.

It's not the forest I'm looking for. This forest is a quiet forest covered in grey dense fog. Or even a forest covered in snow on a gray day.

A beautiful elegant fragrance but not a purchase candidate for me. The search continues.
Methamorphosis
This fragrance undergoes a real methamorphosis during its exciting development.
In the beginning it comes along somehow muted earthy, heavy with a very concise but not unpleasant note. This smell condenses more and more to a strong, noble leather smell.
I am reminded of a large, brown leather couch with an animal skin as a carpet in front of it. On this stands a wooden table In a short distance a fireplace, in which a fire is quietly crackling.
Two good friends are sitting here together with a little glass (which you can't smell). Both have their worries, problems and challenges in life, but they don't matter here and now. It is good as it is. One of them throws a small branch into the embers...
And that's when it happens! There's a veritable odour explosion happening here. The leather, which has been smelling so clearly and distinctly up to now, is transformed into something completely new, which by the way smells really crazy good.
But what is this? that is smoked a little bit here is odorless clear.
The view into the pyramid of scent tells me that it is pine resin. It smells incredibly fine like forest, resin, fire. And yes, as the name of the perfume suggests, it actually smells burnt But only high-quality substances are smoked in this embers.
Pine resin, incense, cedar leaf - Over and over again in the course of the evening, one of the two imaginary companions throws a small shovel into the fire. The smell becomes weaker overall and does not change much. In fact I can even smell the charred coal all the time
smell in the background, while the leather is only a faint hint.
At the beginning he has a lot of sillage, which at least diminishes quickly for me. After four hours >br /> i can only perceive it sporadically Well, what can I say : an exciting olfactory experience was Arso for me always.
It is always great to get to know new fragrances through Parfumo, which is something you never thought possible before
Thanks to Fv-Spee, who packed a great hiking package ! :-)
The nocturnal forest walk
Months ago hardly conceivable for me, I have meanwhile developed a strong interest in smoke plus forest in fragrances. A few weeks ago I bought a sample of Profumum Roma - Arso. What I was allowed to experience here olfactorically, that was already very fine and since the comments on this great scent are sparse, here are a few words or rather thoughts of my experience journey with this scent.
Walking through the forest at night. The moon shines pale on the pines. Individual rays penetrate the branches. Here I am. Perceive the smell. Pine resin. Running down the trunk. Thick and sluggish. Ethereal. Spicy and aromatic. Soothing. The howling of wolves in the distance.
Suddenly: incense. It mixes with the resin. Yellow. Dense. Dull. Cool. It's the incense. I'm standing in a clearing. It wafts me. It engulfs me. I have no sense of time. Season. It can be autumn. The last lukewarm vestiges of summer fade away. It can be spring. Still cool. The branches of the fir trees wrapped in frost. The crystals dance sparkling in the moonlight. An eagle owl calls from one of the trees. A fox steals past me.
The wind drifts through the pine forests. It chills me. I reach for my leather jacket. A little worn. But carefully maintained. It was lying by the tree trunk. Dewdrops of resin all over it. A small trickle. Hard to make out in her own locomotion. I am the wild

Cedar in the forest. I am the king of the forest. Royal. Magnificent. Distinguished. I am my own nucleus and this is my kingdom

Arso by Profumum Roma is an incredibly charismatic and intense forest scent. It is the dark forest at night, it creates awareness for our environment. With comparatively few ingredients, a multi-faceted work was created here, which is not often experienced. One of 30-40 tested scents per month. The one a month for the watch list.
P.S.: I would like to mention this fine, perhaps humorous quote from an Austrian columnist, because it fits perfectly: "The many trees and the few people - they make the forest so beautiful

Chronologie VI - I See Fire
When it comes to the quality of perfume extract, Profumum Roma is one of the best houses there is. I wouldn't dare to talk about combinations of perfume notes because it's a matter of taste, and tastes are different and worthy of respect.

Arso is a very natural scent, which I would classify more as an exotic - wooden scent than as a leather one.

This isn't an every day, every season and every occasion kind of perfume. Rather, it's a more personal satisfaction kind of perfume. If you ask me, I would say it's ideal for cold winter time, and should be worn on those cold days, during New Years holidays.

When put on, at first it smells like fresh pine tree, that later transforms into burnt tree mixed with resins, whose smoky aura is accented by incense.

Very nice and very interesting, too bad only that it has a very limited period of wearing.

Greenfaerie
For lovers of evergreen forests
Truly, this is such a magnificent fragrance! For me it's a 10/10 because it is so perfect and so incredibly woody, although others may find it to be not terribly exciting or complex. This is, for me, is mainly a pine and cedar fragrance. I adore cedar essential oil, and I smell tons of it here. Arso is an evergreen forest bursting with life, with a touch of smoke as though someone made a fire deep into the woods, and a touch of incense (frankincense essential oil, which is fairly bright and almost all varieties have citrus notes), not the bitter scent of the burning resin). No sweetness, just pure forest. Absolutely superb!!!

Flare in a bottle!
The opening of Arso is, in fact, quite “burning” (“arso” means “burnt” in Italian); even more than the usual smoky/smoked note which seems quite in fashion lately, here is rather the dark, warm, dry and “living” smell of a flaming campfire, halfway Sonoma Scent Studio’s Fireside Intense and Goodsir’s Bois d’ascèse. Here in Arso, this prominent accord is wrapped into a warm resinous-amber cradle, much spicy too (cloves) on a round, sweet base on vanilla and perhaps tobacco too, a set of brownish notes creating a sense of “hot gold”, visually evocating flames indeed. Soon arises also a balsamic feel which joins the pungent note of cloves, together blending with the smoked-campfire accord (actually this balsamic note may just be a side nuance of Iso E, which this “campfire” accord is surely stuffed of). Initially this balsamic note is tamed down, while then while the scent evolves it becomes more and more prominent while other notes become weaker or drier. Thus the scent becomes colder as minutes pass, slowly becoming more green-piney and grayish, still smoky and resinous but just less “golden” than the opening phase – something like many CdG’s, just warmer and spicier. I agree with the reference to Filles en Aiguilles, as Arso basically smells like if you threw a bottle of that Lutens’ right into a chimney. Now, overall I quite like Arso; the smoky accord is well elaborated, with a thick, layered and dusty texture, ashy and dry, really woody and with a nice set of nuances from black to golden-warm. Powerful and vibrant without smelling excessively cloying. The rest is nice too, and I consider Arso a well-made and pleasant scent, much sophisticated too as you can expect from such dark-smoky type of fragrances, with just a bit too much spices in my opinion, but they soon become more quiet so not a problem (and well, who cares if that would be a problem for me eventually). Classy and more unusual than other of this “genre”. So far, the only Profumum scent worth any attention to me, although the price is completely megalomaniac.

7,5-8/10

Arso by Profumum Roma
Opens with a resinous-peppery wood accord layered over a sweetish accord of unknown nature. An aromatic green note binds the two unalike accords together, creating an odd but pleasant fragrance. Once all elements have found their balance and the scent has settled on my skin, I am greeted by a familiar face: Arso is nothing but a reimaging of Fille en Aiguilles. I see the same incense-tinged pine note and the same sirup-drenched wood note. Arso however is denser and flatter than Fille en Aiguilles, and so once the pine note has vanished, it is totally uninteresting. For most of its long lifespan Arso is a linear cotton-candy wood scent with subtle spicy nuances to add some contrast.

Coniferous Fanatics Only...
Arso opens with a mixture of smoky incense, sweet amber and pine resin. This semi-sweet smoky pine pretty much hangs around from start to finish as the scent is extremely linear. Joining this accord in the heart is a minor woody cedar note that mingles with the resinous coniferous aspects to create a somewhat dark are deep overall accord that is rather distinctive if not more than a bit abstract. The overall accord sweetens a bit more in the dry-down with a slightly earthy feel late. Projection and longevity are both average.

I like pine scents in general, but I can't say I really like Arso much. There is something about the mixture of its sweet amber, smoky incense and pine that just seems somewhat "off" to my nose. The scent does improve a bit in the dry-down, but not enough to get me to really like the stuff. Arso is not terrible, but its nothing I want to wear despite its admitted distinctiveness and innovation. If you are a "cone head" looking for something completely different than other coniferous scents on the market Arso is sniff worthy, but I recommend sticking to other coniferous scents like Norne by Slumberhouse that smell a heck of a lot better for a lot less money. Arso gets an "average" rating of 2.5 stars out of 5.

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 1 month ago
A gently smoky, yet warm and cozy, slightly leathery, but rather linear resinous-woody Winter fragrance, with a brief spicy-green opening.
Finerthings8Finerthings8 4 months ago
Fire in the bottle. I m surprised this is not as hyped as interlude . Maybe bit linear but high quality fragrance.
OvaissaleemOvaissaleem 12 months ago
Great for the winters. Imagine walking in the woods on a cold morning, the aroma of Pine & Cedar Trees like charred woods
Carlitos01Carlitos01 1 year ago
A smoky gem! Call it what you want... pencil shaving, tary, smoky... it's really a dark masterpiece and performance is not bad either.
ItchynoseItchynose 2 years ago
Burning incense in a coniferous forest; planks of cedar and pine wood, a lot of smoke and a hint of leather and resin in the background.

by GeorgeMaras
by Ghislaine
by Rodin
by Rodin

Popular Profumum Roma

Sorriso by Profumum Roma Patchouly by Profumum Roma Ambra Aurea by Profumum Roma Battito d'Ali by Profumum Roma Acqua Viva by Profumum Roma Confetto by Profumum Roma Ichnusa by Profumum Roma Dulcis in Fundo by Profumum Roma Victrix by Profumum Roma Audace by Profumum Roma Olibanum by Profumum Roma Vanitas by Profumum Roma Meringa by Profumum Roma Acqua e Zucchero by Profumum Roma Acqua di Sale by Profumum Roma Thundra by Profumum Roma Alba by Profumum Roma Note di Profumum - Meraviglia by Profumum Roma Soavissima by Profumum Roma Fiore d'Ambra by Profumum Roma