Confetto 1996

Confetto by Profumum Roma
Confetto is a popular perfume by Profumum Roma for women and men and was released in 1996. The scent is gourmand-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

AmberAmber
AniseedAniseed
AlmondAlmond
OakmossOakmoss
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 21.10.2021.

Beautiful Gourmand
Dear Parfumos, if you like gourmand fragrances, you should definitely try this one. Even if he has already come into the years, he has lost nothing in attractiveness and modernity. I don't feel it's campy or stale in any way.
Yes, anise and almond play a supporting role, but for me it is once again the vanilla, which beguiles me and is also in the foreground. Thus, Confetto has just approached my favorite vanilla fragrances and is on a par with them, maybe even one higher ... By the way, outsiders seem to perceive it that way too, because I've been approached several times now in the form of "Aah, are you wearing your vanilla scent again?". When I then say, "no anise", I get irritated looks. Apparently, for my environment can not immediately make a difference to, for example, vanilla West Indies, which I have already worn very often.
At all I have never in such a short time at all compliments get, usually my fragrances are ignored by my environment at least in terms of feedback. With this, there really seems to be a very good sillage at Confetto, but without being perceived as unpleasantly intrusive. At least this was mirrored to me so.
A fragrance progression I do not perceive, the warm sweetness caresses me from beginning to end, and the end is waiting.
The fragrance is simply a dream. Sweetness you have to like, but then he is just stunning. And not only in winter. I wear it now!

Sangelicca
The scent of the happiness
The Signature
The Scent of happiness
Confetto Profumum Roma
It’s like a veil of the bride ?‍♀️
It’s like Sugared Almonds in the tulle
It’s like Fragile Porcelain Card with wishes for whole life that comes true and every day is Happier ...

ScentedFawn
Praline wafer treasure discovered!
When I got in this niche perfume house in Germany, this summer, my personal heaven on earth, I really had no idea where to start with so I asked the lady there to treat me with some gourmands! The first one she sprayed on me was CONFETTO and after this first spray all the other perfumes I tried for the next two hours I stayed there, came second best! CONFETTO had won my heart!

My first impression of it, without having any idea of the notes, was... delicious praline wafers.Consequently I asked if there was any cocoa or hazelnut in it. But no, my guessings were wrong, it was a bitter almond combined with anise that gave this ambery vanilla a twist and also prevented the smell from being sickly sweet. This perfume is like an almond veil that surrounds you for hours. And while it starts beautifully and intensely the development of the scent on the skin is even more heavenly, it becomes creamier and it also develops a powdery feeling.

Now, while I usually avoid to compare perfumes in my reviews and prefer to describe the scent on its own, I feel that I have to spend a part of this review to the association being made with Hypnotic Poison of Dior. Yes, its true, there is a similarity between them. BUT, this is such a better-made blend in terms of quality. I dont know where to start, the smooth,sleek texture of the juice, the creamy quality of the almond in it, the anise which gives a sparkle to this scent, the depth and warmth.. these are all aspects of Confetto that Hypnotic Poison fails to reveal.. at least that is my opinion, also let me add that I never really liked HP while I LOVE Confetto!

Longevity of Confetto: till the next day of apply. Magical sillage, everytime I wear it people around me comment on it!

So happy with this joyful purchase! Worth the money!
Flavia82
But we used to be so in love...
Confetto I loved hot and dearly, used more than half a bottle, received compliments and yet meanwhile a bitterness that doesn't want to disappear bothers me. Maybe it will pass because my nose is spinning at the moment? But unfortunately I have to lower the rating... Nose tickles, eyes get wet...
Parfümlein
"...this golden glow under the water..
Perfumes are a wonderful gimmick for me. They are not necessary for survival - but is there anything nicer than to think after getting up and taking a shower with a coffee in your hand, which fragrance day is today?

Those who use Profumum fragrances have a home advantage: no matter how they smell - they last and last and last. And they have such a strong silage that you know what you have invested your money in, because you really get something from these fragrances all day long. All the more consciously, however, profumum decisions have to be made: Here you have to be really sure that you like the scent, otherwise even a slight displeasure could lead to uncertainty about the daily work to be done, and then you would have paid dearly for this scent. Perfumes should give security, not make you feel insecure. I have a few Profumum fragrances: Dolce Acqua for winter, Sorriso and Dulcis in Fundo and Alba for autumn, Sabbia Bianca for summer and Confetto for spring. I loved Dolce Acqua right away, with the others I had to grow into it. I like Sorriso the best, with Alba and Sabbia Bianca I am not so sure anymore.

And Confetto? Confetto was completely unclear to me from the beginning. Of course - first of all it smells like Hypnotic Poison. I like that - but it costs much less. Confetto was the predecessor, I read here. And it is nicer, I agree. More balanced. More delicate. But I had to be a little more perceptive to make a decision: What's that smell? I admit, I don't know. I know aniseed cookies, of course, but I can't find them here. I also know almonds and I really do have a lot of almond scents. But I don't find almonds here either. Coconut? Coconut? Amber? Musk? I'm at a loss. You can see that when you classify: I can only admit, if anything, to the scent being kind of sweet. I don't think it's floral. And of course not earthy, resinous, green. But also not for a gourmand. When I wear confetto, it feels velvety, soft, sweet, sometimes I get a hint of a fruit that is not listed here. I'm always enchanted by the pink liquid in my bottle, it speaks of sweet, precious promises - but of what kind, I don't know.
My colleague, whom some people know from my Lalique Le Parfum commentary, thinks Confetto is much more elegant than Dolce Acqua. I can only agree with him: Dolce Acqua is a real gourmand, a butter vanilla scent (where the often praised marzipan is very limited). It smells like those little baking aroma bottles. Confetto is obviously not such a clearly identifiable gourmand and I can't think of any food I eat that smells similar to confetto. And if there was such a thing, I wouldn't eat it, arguing "it smells like perfume". So I'll be completely honest and admit: I have no idea what confetto smells like, and I take up the cudgels for all those who may be feeling the same way I do: Scented dummies, come to my confetto support group. We'll work this out. Or not.

Because I believe - and this was exactly the reason why I had my husband give me Confetto for Christmas - that it is exactly what I like about Confetto, so real, so absolutely honest: it is delicious, but it is a secret. A hidden treasure, of which I carry a touch every now and then, without trying to penetrate its secret. In "Narcissus and Goldmund", his pedagogical masterpiece, the revelation for every sixteen-year-old, Hermann Hesse has tried to put this feeling into words:

"Why were these things so beautiful, this golden glow under water, these shadows and premonitions, all these unreal and fairylike apparitions - why were they so unspeakably beautiful and delightful, since they were exactly the opposite of what an artist could make beautiful? For if the beauty of those unnameable things was without any form and consisted entirely of mystery, it was just the opposite with works of art, they were completely form, they spoke with perfect clarity. Nothing was inexorably clearer and more definite than the line of a head or mouth that was drawn or cut in wood.
One thing, however, became clear to him during this thought exercise, namely why so many flawless and well-made works of art did not please him at all, but were boring and almost hated despite a certain beauty. Workshops, churches and palaces were full of such fatal works of art; he himself had worked on some of them. They were so severely disappointing because they aroused the desire for the highest and yet did not fulfil it, because they lacked the main thing: the secret This was what dream and highest work of art had in common: the secret."

This is exactly why I appreciate Confetto more than many of my other precious fragrances: it has a secret inside. This is what makes it a work of art for me.
KingLui
Too good to be true (Attention, now it's getting kitschy)
When I finished the tenth grade, I chose chemistry with a 4, because I had not paid attention due to puberty at some point and it quickly became impossible for me to find the connection again. Since then chemistry has been an unsolvable mystery for me and my knowledge is still limited rudimentarily to the fact that I know the difference between an atom and a molecule and have just understood what it is about electrons, what oxidation and reduction are
Now that I've gotten to know Confetto, I wish I'd been more careful at school and didn't have to think what the scent molecules are doing was witchcraft.

How can it be that Profumum Roma were the first and only Roma in the world to develop a durable anise note? And by durable I mean that it remains clearly perceptible in the hair over several days!

And how did they manage that Confetto nasenscheinlich only consists of two fragrances - almond and aniseed - and then still belongs to the most extraordinary, beautiful and original fragrances with high recognition value I know?

Why is Confetto both present and subtle? It's like Confetto isn't a perfume, it's a feeling. People around me say, "What suddenly smells so nice here?" without realizing it's a perfume. As if Confetto was always there and yet never too much.

And how is it possible that the clear colourless liquid turns pink over time? Who can explain this to me?

I don't think it's true. It's unreal.
If this is actually just a dream, please don't wake me up.
My Winter Crasher No. 1
After Schoorks recently got to grips with Sorriso, whom I also love, I'm now going to do the Confetto. This one has been living with me for a long time and is used every winter. As soon as it gets cold outside, I look forward to this fragrance the most.

I smelled it for the first time about seven years ago. I didn't know Hypnotic Poison back then. The first fragrance that went in this direction that I got to know was Kenzo Amour. I liked this one very much, but then Confetto came and Confetto shot me down. What a scent! That's pure bliss in the bottle! Rarely had such a grin on his face, so he had to come here as soon as possible. In another forum I was able to buy a 3/4 full bottle for a very good price from another fragrance madman. That's when Confetto moved in with me. I still have this bottle today and it will certainly accompany me for some years to come. Because the dose is the secret of this fragrance. Too much of it and the people around you fall like flies. Because he's mighty cute and really comes around the corner with the big stick. Once sprayed and the clothes you can wash afterwards 3x. The scent's still there, though.

I always spray 1x on a cotton pad and dab with it the usual places and - voilà - perfectly! So you can get this Wummser reasonably under control and it will also be bearable for the environment.

The scent is just a dream. But you should like almonds, because they clearly play the main role here. Confetto always reminds me of sniffing benzaldehyde during my few semesters of chemistry at university. This is the main note that resonates from beginning to end. After a while, this indescribably beautiful, sexy feminine note, which can also be smelled in Pierre Guillaume's L'Eau de Circe and Gucci Rush (before the reformulation), joins the sweet stuff on the skin. And it stays that way for at least 24 hours.

I can't get out of that grin when I get this smell on it. It makes me happy without end and is also incredibly warming. A dream in winter. Only you can't wear it all year round, it's too heavy for that. Yeah, I definitely like this one out loud. And you should like loudly, otherwise you're definitely wrong at Confetto
Unobtainable
As a 16 year old boy I rummaged through the sniff scents of Profumum Roma in traditional perfumery of my hometown.
I had already smelled four scents at the fifth, a fist of vanilla and almond hit me so strongly in the face that I am still dazed by this scent to this day.
1. Week and an avalanche of compliments rolled over my mind and made me feel like a superstar ?????
Especially the girls and ladies loved this sweet scent, which sweetened my life.
A embalmed Pharaoh 4000 years ago would this Sillage probably still give fragrant scent.
TillDA
Never again without him...
i want to be When I first entered my current favorite perfumery, I just wanted to look around...just snoop around and see. The super competent salesman asked a few short questions and there we were in front of this shelf of PR.
One sprayer was enough and the mind went blank :) ... want ... want ... without him I wouldn't be out there.

The first impression immediately made me think of Amaretto and marzipan. It smelled so warm and of finest vanilla surrounded by roasted almonds It is very room-filling and also nothing for the office in my opinion. I find the longer it is worn, the better it becomes. It's still very noticeable the next day. Due to the high percentage of scented oil, one spray is sufficient and surrounds you for many hours.

It has a high similarity with Hypnotic Poison, but is NOT the same as this one.
For almond lovers a fragrance dorado.
Absolutely test :))

Another Hypnotic Poison without the root beer--and that's always a good thing
Profumum Roma CONFETTO wafts unmistakably of Dior HYPNOTIC POISON. This does not mean that anyone attempted consciously to imitate it--and then charge more for the perfume? No, it means that when one mixes almond, vanilla, amber, and musk with some oriental spice, a similar effect is achieved--and it's a beautiful one indeed. Sweet comfort scents are always a good thing--above all, in wintertime. (-;

In a side-by-side comparison of these two creations, I find that CONFETTO, while sharing a touch of the Playdoh facet of HYPNOTIC POISON, lacks the somewhat overwhelming root beer quality. This perfume is less sweet and more woody to my nose, particularly in the drydown. While the Playdoh and root beer of HYPNOTIC POISON persist and even grow louder over time, the take-away of CONFETTO is less insistent and more subtle. I prefer this composition, which also bears similarities to Keiko Mecheri DATURA BLANCHE. I would place CONFETTO about half-way between HYPNOTIC POISON and DATURA BLANCHE, the latter of which pretty much lacks both root beer and Playdoh.

I would not, however, go so far as to characterize CONFETTO as a unisex scent. It still seems too sweet for very many guys to be willing to wear.

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 3 months ago
A warm and musky, spicy bitter/sweet Mid season fragrance, balanced by a boozy, yet uplifting spicy bitter-green opening. 100% Unisex!
MariaSMariaS 6 months ago
It’s name says it all. Caramelised almond with anise. Very sweet, intense, girly, gourmand. A simple scent but with good performance.
DTCDTC 8 months ago
Me encanta, la nota de Anis todavía redondea más la fragancia , la hace más cálida junto con la vainilla y el ambar
ItchynoseItchynose 2 years ago
Intense almond & anise combo that comes across as industrial adhesive or plastic melting in the sun. Improves slightly after a while.
HermeshHermesh 6 years ago
Creamy-caramelly powdery almond-vanilla-gourmand with a good dose of anise. Very intense!

(..Deckenfresko)
by Parfümliebe
by Miggax
by Miggax

Popular Profumum Roma

Patchouly by Profumum Roma Sorriso by Profumum Roma Battito d'Ali by Profumum Roma Ambra Aurea by Profumum Roma Arso by Profumum Roma Ichnusa by Profumum Roma Dulcis in Fundo by Profumum Roma Acqua Viva by Profumum Roma Vanitas by Profumum Roma Olibanum by Profumum Roma Audace by Profumum Roma Victrix by Profumum Roma Acqua e Zucchero by Profumum Roma Meringa by Profumum Roma Note di Profumum - Meraviglia by Profumum Roma Acqua di Sale by Profumum Roma Thundra by Profumum Roma Alba by Profumum Roma Note di Profumum - Luci dell'Est by Profumum Roma Fiore d'Ambra by Profumum Roma