Dulcis in Fundo 2001

Dulcis in Fundo by Profumum Roma
Dulcis in Fundo is a popular perfume by Profumum Roma for women and men and was released in 2001. The scent is sweet-gourmand. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Sicilian citrus fruitsSicilian citrus fruits VanillaVanilla

Submitted by DirkDS, last update on 24.05.2022.

Summer of 94’
Remember when you were a kid…. Playing around, carefree and running around… At some point you would get tired and the sun would make you feel warm… Eventually a family member, or the neighbor would call you over for a refreshment. A cool drink, with citruses and a hint of vanilla… So delicious that it stays in your memory forever. That’s the sort of feeling I get, whenever I wear Dulcis in Fundo.
I remember the first time I smelled this, I had to buy a bottle straight away. I ended up using almost half of a 100ML bottle within 6 months. So now I use it sparingly, as this does not come rather cheap. This is more than a perfume for me.. It’s a journey through nostalgia and childhood, and all the beautiful and innocent things that come with it. Profumum Roma only released two notes for the public: Sicilian citrus fruits and vanilla. There has been added other things to this, but we can only imagine what it is. Whatever it is, they knew what they were doing, all the way through. The scent DNA is very simple, yet so addictive and bordering to gourmand territory.
Longevity is very solid, and so is projection and sillage. Not too strong or anything, but above average which is also to be expected with its pricetag. One of the few perfumes I have in my collection, where people really come to you and ask what you’re wearing. Not too sweet, not too cloying… It has the perfect balance. The blending of the citruses with the vanilla is done so beautifully that words don’t come easy. Dulcis in Fundo is often praised as one of the standouts from their whole line up and rightfully so. If you’re on the hunt for a fragrance, that’s both fresh and uplifting, but at the same time has gourmand touches to it, then look no further. Italian perfumery done to perfection.
Jasminslmt
Vanilla pudding with pickled tangerines
Tangerine! Vanilla pudding! Powdered sugar!
I used to not like vanilla scents...now I can hardly get enough of them! Especially in this constellation! Yummy yummy yummy!
Immediately after spraying on dominates an ultimate tangy sweet tangerine, quickly follows also already the smooth vanilla cream...god so delicious...
Incredibly good...and very productive...
The durability and sillage are the hammer...you need maybe 3 sprayers and everyone wants to eat you up :D

Spa !
I absolutely love this. Its soft and very plesant.
I wish I could discovered earlier, it was love and the first sniff. Worth buying for sure ! Price is not that high, good price-quality.
Looking forward to test more perfumes from this house.
Machica
If it says Italian on it, it's Italian in it. Basta!
It smells- after what actually?
Italian !
But how?!

Good question...
It undoubtedly evokes scent associations with Italian pastries. Ricciarelli, fresh from Tuscany?!
It's so hard to describe.
The attack begins with powdered sugar and a note of unripe citrus.
Then it transforms into a hint of plastic. Plastic, vanilla sugar, candied orange peel, slightly herbaceous and a bit like "new car".
A musty cellar smell I do not perceive, thank goodness. But this "plastic new car note".

It's really hard to describe. It doesn't smell bad, but I don't have to have it now.

It awakens aufjedenfall indefinable Italian associations. I'll test the times on a gentleman. Maybe I like it better there!
The sillage is mediocre. The "Zucchero" applied on the other arm clearly stands out more here.

If you're looking for a gourmand that smells like Italian pastry, but at the same time isn't too pappsweet or overbearing, you might want to give this one a try. This one isn't almond-heavy like so many Italian gourmand scents, but rather in the moderate powdered sugar department.

Goldlocke
Way down in the musty cellar, behind the heavy door....
Immediately after spraying on you are in the damp basement of an old villa. Herb-modrige tangerine me herbaceous impact radiates from the wrist, vintage DNA makes the smell of an old, formerly magnificent villa perfect.
So I stay (thank God imaginary) about 10 minutes in the musty basement and wonder why this perfume is so hyped.
Then slowly and tentatively comes a hunch that there might be a vanilla at the end of the aisle of this cellar. She sparkles discreetly out of the herbaceous, pungent-smelling darkness and lures me close to her.
Closer and closer I get to her over the following minutes.
And all at once, that door opens to reveal a glorious, sparkling, warm amber room. Opulently fruity-sweet, even slightly powdery vanilla causes an association with soft, rich golden amber. I turn in the room and more and more beautiful, powerful and saturated this amber vanilla affects me. Where there was musty tangerine in the cellars described at the beginning, now there are freshly peeled tangerines with shaved lemon zest and the juice of ripe oranges mingles with the vanilla to form soft, deep, viscous syrup. Oh from this sparkling, warm, impressive amber room I don't even want to leave.
I don't have to, because this perfume continues to radiate this beguiling, opulent scent from my wrist into the evening hours. Again and again it pulls me into the Amber Room.
In the evening then in bed, after 10 hours on my wrist, is now such a soft vanilla perceived, as with hardly any other perfume. Still so full-bodied and soft, so beguiling and tempting accompanies me the vanilla to sleep, although now without the fresh lemons, but still with warm orange and I dream this night actually of an amber room ...
3.5
Connie
No words... Wet basement...
At the first claim I seriously asked myself if the scent was tilted or if something was wrong with my nose. No scent can smell that bad. Then I read a few comments here from members who obviously share my opinion.

Immediately after the spraying I smell tangerine but pungent and very synthetic. Totally artificial and everything but pleasant... Plus the pungent smell of the blue Febreze. The allegedly bad smell of textiles should remove.

But I was patient and waited for the heart notes. Whew, honestly bad just bad... After 30 minutes the synthetic tangerine had evaporated and the "scent" developed a very mouldy note. The smell of a pair of jeans that hadn't been washed completely dry before they were folded and put in the closet. Whew... Damp basement, would also be an appropriate comparison. Kinky.

Surprise, surprise... After 4 hours this musty, mouldy smell had disappeared and a super nice smoky vanilla tone was very faint to smell.

Does not bring everything with the beautiful base note, which is only very weak when I have to endure this absolutely disgusting smell of moisture for 4 - 5 hours. Thank goodness only I could smell the " scent", because the Sillage is simply not present at all. Zero...The shelf life is well yes, because I only smelled this smell when I held my nose very close to my skin...

Perhaps this "scent" develops differently depending on skin type. I honestly wonder who would want to smell like that? Not me...
Parfümlein
Che bellezza! What a late bloomer!
I love my left arm, I hang constantly with the nose on it, because it smells so wonderfully... I can't do anything anymore without this scent, I can't think anything anymore... What a fantastic vanilla wave is sloshing over me! I don't really smell the orange either on the scent strip from the store or on my freshly purchased copy. I think I'm more likely to perceive mandarin, and then a little white chocolate, which is probably due to the vanilla, which is the main aroma in many white chocolates.
I perceive this fragrance development from citrus to vanilla very strongly and it does not take too long to penetrate to this soft sweetness; after one and a half hours it stands completely in the foreground and fills the room consolingly and warmly. That's why I like Dulcis in Fundo so much for dark November. So much soul food is in it, and I love the thought that I can take it with me everywhere, it accompanies me as a fragrance.
But the fascinating thing is that I didn't like the scent at all at the beginning. When I tried to get to know Profumum I saw Confetto, Dolce Acqua, Sorriso, Dulcis in Fundo and Acqua e Zucchero on cards and both Sorriso and Dulcis in Fundo didn't give me anything, I found them rather annoying.
After a good two weeks the cards developed and my office turned into a vanilla sea. Sweet and pleasant at every job I do here at my desk. But apart from the room scent, which was a mixture of the two less beloved, while the others were used as bookmarks, neither Sorriso nor Dulcis in Fundo pleased me on the cards, not even after two weeks. Only in the room were they wonderful.
After three weeks they both had their breakthrough, and I couldn't let their nose go of them anymore. So there's a development going on. But the perfection of the late fragrance is something I can't get close to - I would have to do without the shower for three weeks like in the baroque era. Therefore it seems to me to be a good idea what has often been suggested here: to take the scent with you on a piece of fabric.
I want to try it tomorrow with my brand new Dulcis in fundo, which I now also find so incredibly beautiful on the arm. I must first test the different ways in which the scent unfolds. And that's where Profumum seems to take quite a bit of time. Patience. A long breath. That's probably what you mean when you say: Dulcis in fundo
Sauna/Wellness
What a fragrance. When I met him a few days ago, it was love at first sight.
Actually, I went to the perfumery, um
i've read some wonderful things about you and need to try you out" list to sniff out. You all know it.
I brought time with me, because I was looking forward to at least an hour full of scents and dreams, out of everyday life. Outside rain and wind, the hectic big city and then briefly dive into the noblest perfumery of the city. There calm, a large scented candle of Dyptique vanilla burns and a friendly and noble lady takes the umbrella off me. I deliberately say lady, since I definitely prefer more mature saleswomen in the beauty sector.
"May I get you an espresso," which asks her, "what can I do for you?" Not that you think I dressed nobly or performed in a business look. No, jeans and soft shell jacket, cougar sneakers.
I'll have an espresso. It tastes wonderful.
And then I show her my test list.
"But they have set themselves a lot of goals, I suggest 3, a nose can't do more".
So I'm thinking about which three of the list get priority.
Whether it was the candle or the weather and the cosy warmth there or the espresso, but at the moment it's clear to me that I want vanilla.
In the price segments of this perfumery there are no sweet sticky vanilla fragrances. Nevertheless, I mention that vanilla must be special and not too sweet. But it should also be somehow lively.
Soothing, like wellness and sauna.
When it smells so soft and wonderful.
I don't care about my list now. I want vanilla.
She smiles, pulls out dulcis in fundo, sprays it on a white feather and waves it around.
It happened to me. Right away.
No, I don't smell cake or cookies or tart or pudding.
It does not smell gourmandig at all for me (I am probably the only one here). It smells of orange, mandarin and vanilla but in the same way as many an infusion in the sauna. The dominant orange at the beginning says goodbye quite quickly and there remains such a beautiful touch of her back now overlaid by one of the best vanilla I have ever smelt.

Now you might wonder if you like the smell of sauna?
Yeah, I like that!
For me it associates well-being and relaxation. Warmth.
This perfume relaxes, wraps you in a cuddly fragrant towel, which you can still find at
I found a spout in the sauna.
I like this scent very much.
I bought a little bottle. Handbag size for a lot of money.
The nice lady sprayed me to the
I had to finish it all over again and so neither the rain nor the wind outside nor anything bothered me.
I was warm and comfortably wrapped up.
Even though my visit there was much too short and my list still has to wait, but after this love at first sight, it would have seemed like a betrayal to me to test more fragrances.
There's time.
By the way, without knowing where it came from,
my sweetheart asked me in the evening when we would go to the sauna again.
I knew why he asked that ...

Elysium
Smells like a delicious orange and vanilla fudge
I came across Dulcis in Fundo a few days ago, I tested the scent on a paper strip but I didn't care too much until I left the mall. Right off the bat, the first impression I had was a sort of luscious fudge, an authentic creamsicle, a soft sweet made from sugar, butter, cream, and dark blood orange that is bordering on the bitter and tart side. I fell in love with that gourmand aroma and today I wore it. Here you are my sensations about it.

Dulci in Fundo opens with a pretty fresh, very tart orange, ripe and juicy, like a clementine being peeled, complete with the sharpness of citrus oil on your fingers, more like the tangy aroma of dark, ruby-red blood oranges. The note is concentrated, deep, tart and a little bit bitter. Then the sweetness intensifies and becomes richer as if drizzled with Grand Marnier, and a rising touch of luscious, creamy, pure vanilla tops it all off. I do catch a remarkable sweet floral note, I reckon a note of white orange blossoms, a note not listed is in the composition. The opening can be summed as an orange cake with orange blossom flavor, a very sweet, heavy floral, honey-like fragrance with short ylang-ylang like and a suave, balsamic sweet fragrance.

As it softens you smell like a delectable dessert, more grown-up than a creamsicle but still capricious. There is a spicy after kick as well, to give it some grown-up flair! The heart reminds me of vanilla cake and a hint of cinnamon. It smells like a delicious orange and vanilla fudge. Very smooth, creamy and powdery at the same time.

After a long while, it develops to a woody, creamy and sweet fragrance. There is almost something creamily woody deep, deep down because there is a subtle impression of gingerbread to the waffle base. More, there are smoky notes, faint incense feeling, and just that rich, thick vanilla, but it's not cloying, sweet or overpowering. And there is the barest trace of tobacco around the edges during the drydown. although I don't think tobacco is cited as a note. The dry down is reminiscent of vanilla cake and marshmallow filling.

Sillage is impressive and incredibly long lasting! Well suited for men and women. Perfect for cold weather and cozy fires.it is rich as butter frosting but not at all cloyingly sweet. This is simply delicious! I can not stop smelling my wrists! it's not too strong, I just get whiffs every now and then, but when I put my wrist to my nose, it is divine. The real gourmet, fluffy ice cream that melts the second it touches your tongue. It morphs into a much creamier vanilla, very much like vanilla buttercream frosting. This perfume is simple but not boring because it really does take you on a heavenly olfactory journey.

-Elysium
Kima
Ambivalent scent impression ever!
At the beginning it smells very intensely of mandarins, almost like a concentrate. But this impression lasts only a few minutes, then an incredible full, warm, soft vanilla is added. So far, so nice...

And here it comes! At first I didn't even think about the scent... Suddenly I smell mould in my nose! After a short helplessness whether the cause I sniff at my wrist and actually!

If a perfume can get moldy, that's my next thought! So log in to Parfumo and see if others have noticed it too. In fact, between all the hymns of praise, there are a few quiet critical tones.

For a moment I think washing up and checking it off is the only solution, but something inside me does not want to separate. So I think I'll stay brave and give him a chance.

And what can I say, I haven't regretted it. The scent has something that keeps me hanging on my wrist. Yeah, it smells musty, but so what, I like it anyway! :-)

So how do I rate this fragrance now? Right at the beginning of my trip here, I came up with an evaluation system. So e.g. 10 means for me "I absolutely want to have", 8 "I would wear it if I got it as a present" and 5 "Something disturbs".

And "Dulcis in Fundo"? He's a 10 if he wasn't also a 5 somehow... I have no choice but to give him a 7.5. But I'm not satisfied with that.

I put him on my wish list anyway, which would actually be at least a 9, because he fascinates me and keeps me busy and is still there the next morning and fascinates me!

YasSharovYasSharov 1 month ago
If you want a blast of sweet citruses, mostly mandarins with a ton of gourmand vanilla - go no further, this would be your best bet.
MariaSMariaS 1 year ago
Smells like carob honey with vanilla. Too dense thick, sticky smell. No sillage found but on skin has a good longevity.
RonniweRonniwe 1 year ago
He trabajado años en hostelería, y realmente el aroma es brutal, un gourmand exquisito. Contentísimo de tenerla.
ItchynoseItchynose 3 years ago
Warm sponge vanilla cake with candied orange peel on top.

by Pralinchen
by Blaustern
by YasSharov
by YasSharov

Popular by Profumum Roma

Patchouly by Profumum Roma Sorriso by Profumum Roma Arso by Profumum Roma Ambra Aurea by Profumum Roma Confetto by Profumum Roma Battito d'Ali by Profumum Roma Acqua Viva by Profumum Roma Acqua e Zucchero by Profumum Roma Ichnusa by Profumum Roma Vanitas by Profumum Roma Olibanum by Profumum Roma Audace by Profumum Roma Victrix by Profumum Roma Meringa by Profumum Roma Acqua di Sale by Profumum Roma Note di Profumum - Meraviglia by Profumum Roma Note di Profumum - Luci dell'Est by Profumum Roma Thundra by Profumum Roma Soavissima by Profumum Roma Alba by Profumum Roma