Olibanum 2006

Olibanum by Profumum Roma
Olibanum is a popular perfume by Profumum Roma for women and men and was released in 2006. The scent is resinous-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

MyrrhMyrrh
Orange blossomOrange blossom
SandalwoodSandalwood
FrankincenseFrankincense

Submitted by DirkDS, last update on 14.10.2021.

Amberley
The smell of woods remembered that fell before I lived.
This is exquisite. This is holy as I learned the word : set apart and yet connected. Strong, multidimensional, transcendent. The frankincense washes you down like a cat tongue, then the sandal and orange blossoms snuggles you up in fur. I tested Olibanum last year in May, in the U.S. North West. It was rainy and sunny by turns and often scents on the skin seem to sleep if I don't warm up a little. This is one of those. I had sampled Battito d'ali from this house, which was lovely but too soft for my need at the time; with isolation I found a leaning toward harder, more bracing scent. At first application it was harsh, astringent, almost like nail polish remover. I like that myself. Sharing my vial with a couple of dude friends, one of whom I inadvertently doused, they also caught that opening abrasive power; the dousee messaged two days later to tell me how much he enjoyed it on his clothes as it mellowed and that it was still going strong, if subdued. My experience is this - it smells natural, medicinal, woody, ever so slightly blossomy; for personal intent but not unfriendly; it sinks into my skin and after about an hour develops (or simplifies) into a tonic of cool, light smoke that carries into a gently retreating veil of gauzy comfort. To say that Olibanum warms up would feel misleading as it always feels rather neutral in spirit to me, like gin being neutral as opposed to tequila feeling hot or vodka cold. As it works more into my skin with work or exercise, however, it does bloom in a dignified, unselfconcious...just rather pure and clean while still human way; I get no sense of artifice or pretense, I wouldn't worry about smelling my own sweat through and around it as I do with some others that I also love. This is different. I very much enjoy that it's a woody incense without spice. It doesn't last forever on me as the Patchuly and Confetto have, though it does linger long in whisps and twinkles. It also is so simple in elements (while complex in effect) that it layers exceptionally well with any other perfume including incense or sandalwood that I've tried, adding a smooth, clean backbone to softer works or an extra sparkle to heavier. I could go on. Personally, once past that initial blast -which, again, I enjoy- it is to my nose what rising smoke is to the eyes that watch it : mesmerizing.

Solitude
Scentrack: Fleetwood Mac - Dreams

Great scent, but not perfume. Realistic smell of resins, pine wood, cedar with a little bit of burning incense.
Very dry, semi-dense, rustic, rough and intimate.
The smell of a place with no materialistic civilization rules. The smell of the fireside inside the wooden mountain house in deep dark forest. The smell of the personal catharsis ongoing. The smell of problem solving. The smell of broken dreams and new ideas.

Rating: 7/10

Take me to church
A masterpiece.
Resinous, spiritual and warm almost oily in consistency, projection is very good and silage a good 12 hours or more.
true frankinsence .
love at first sniff however, I liked this so much I deliberately waited a good 9 months to purchase as I enjoy the anticipation of the scent grail.
on my 2nd bottle.
Bravo Profumum.
Amen.

by MrFumejunkie
by MrFumejunkie
by CubaMike
by CubaMike

Popular Profumum Roma

Patchouly by Profumum Roma Sorriso by Profumum Roma Battito d'Ali by Profumum Roma Confetto by Profumum Roma Ambra Aurea by Profumum Roma Arso by Profumum Roma Ichnusa by Profumum Roma Dulcis in Fundo by Profumum Roma Acqua Viva by Profumum Roma Vanitas by Profumum Roma Audace by Profumum Roma Victrix by Profumum Roma Acqua e Zucchero by Profumum Roma Meringa by Profumum Roma Note di Profumum - Meraviglia by Profumum Roma Acqua di Sale by Profumum Roma Thundra by Profumum Roma Alba by Profumum Roma Note di Profumum - Luci dell'Est by Profumum Roma Fiore d'Ambra by Profumum Roma