Vanitas by Profumum Roma
Vanitas is a popular perfume by Profumum Roma for women and men and was released in 2008. The scent is sweet-gourmand. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.

MyrrhMyrrh Orange blossomOrange blossom SandalwoodSandalwood VanillaVanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 22.05.2022.

Valerie7
The long wait for the "one"...
For a long time I was looking for my vanilla scent, the one scent that can finally convince me that vanilla as the main actor in fragrances, can be something great. Often I found vanilla fragrances boring, unspectacular, too pleasing. For a long time I searched for vanilla, my vanilla, and at some point I accepted that vanilla scents just don't suit me. Until I met Vanitas... I was wandering around Breuninger without a plan, actually looking for a pair of sunglasses, and on my way to the sunglasses department I glanced at the perfume department... "You know all the fragrances anyway, you don't need to test anything" I said to myself and tried to keep myself from making any expensive impulse purchases (which happen rarely, but still from time to time when I fall in love at first smell). So I walked on, turned around again with a view to the beautiful bottles and then I couldn't help but "just stop by for a moment". So I looked around, but then discovered no niche fragrance that I did not already know and was just about to leave when my eyes fell on the bottles of Profumum Roma ... I did not know the house until now and decided to dare a test. My first choice was Vanitas, the yellow color in the bottle appealed to me, so I asked the saleswoman to spray it on me... and I was immediately hooked. I was in fragrance heaven. One spray on the wrist and I found myself transported to the most beautiful place in the world... A feeling of warmth & security surrounded me that made me forget all the evil in this world for a few minutes... I smelled the most beautiful form of vanilla that I had ever encountered with a woody-resinous undertone and a creaminess that gave me the feeling of a long-awaited embrace... How could I leave the store without taking with me the most beautiful fragrance that I had been allowed to get to know for what felt like eternity...

So Vanitas became a part of my fragrance collection and is still one of my absolute favorite scents. I wear Vanitas to work, on dates, when celebrating, when I meet friends or family. Almost all the time. I couldn't imagine a fragrance life without Vanitas anymore. The longevity and sillage of the scent are out of this world! You definitely stand out, which should be noted, but which is very convenient for me as a fan of loud fragrances ;-).

For me, Vanitas is the vanilla goddess bad! Nothing compares to this high quality vanilla fragrance. Vanitas is a Holy Grail for me and I'm happy like a toddler every time I spray on the fragrance! :-)
EileenSophie
Hmmm... What smells like pie?
Vanitas was my first niche fragrance and therefore has a high sentimental value for me. Sillage and durability are top and the fragrance has simply addictive. If you do not want to stand out, you should not necessarily wear Vanitas, because people have various associations and the fragrance can be room-filling. Comparisons like 'cake', 'vanilla' (obviously) and even 'tobacco' once come up. I've been called a 'vanilla woman' when going out. For a while, the extreme sillage of the scent almost bothered me, which is why I didn't buy Vanitas again at first. But after eternal back-and-forth trying we have approached each other again.
Vanitas fits perfectly for me in the cold season, wraps me with its warmth, serves me sweet cookies, plus warm tea and puts a blanket around my shoulders. It gives me a feeling of security (unlike most people höhö). The name might only fit at second glance. The transience resonates subliminally in the form of myrrh, which was used for embalming. The nothingness and lightness of being is brought about by the light vanilla. It is a linear fragrance, I perceive all the notes at the same time, but does not bother me.
Vanitas smells like expensive vanilla, the sweetness on point. In case you're interested: Got a lot of compliments from men!
It's all so vain
Vanitas Vanitatum et Omnia Vanitas
What now smells so splendid, will soon be wronged < br /> Nothing is that in the world can be imperishable
The fragrances glory must pass like a dream.
Ah! What is all this we esteem for delicious!
As beautiful nullity, as myrrh, pollen, vanilla sandal wind?
As a memory you won't find again.

For me, using a perfume is the baroque expression of Carpe Diem. Use the day. Of course, the perfume fades. Let it last ten hours. This is still only a short span of our lives. A great short span. Use the day. Use vanitas. Reward yourself with scents.

Vanitas is a flowery resinous woody vanilla reward. The projection is rather strong and the durability is certainly good. It's probably more women's stuff. Family tester M couldn't get anything out of him. You can wear it in winter, in the evening and for going out and leisure. At work there could be complaints or as Gryphius would say, "Now happiness shines sun, soon thunders with complaints." If Poetry-Slam is a sport, you can also wear vanitas to sport.

In any case, I am also quite vain and with vanitas even vain joy.

Vanitas
Vanitas was love for the first sniff of profumum roma perfumes.
Beautiful creamy like new fresh open box of expensive chocolate.. i have nothing similar. Great for winter
Good projection/sillage
One of my best purchase of 2018

Cakey
My foray into this brand has met with some success: Vanitas is a satisfying cake. The opening is a bit medicinal. I can notice the citrus but not the myrrh unless that stinging medicinal note is that!

The sweet vanilla is just robust enough but it does not smell like vanilla pods but more like the whole baked cake covered in icing. Reminds me somewhat of the more sophisticated Note Vanillee. Vanitas is for yourself, when you want to smell like cake and eat it too.

Kxnaiades
falling in love with vanilla again
Vanitas is a gourmand delight and an olfactory antidepressant. The vanilla smells rich and decadent, with a citric sweetness from the orange blossom and some smokiness loaned by the myrrh. Vanitas would be the centre of attention not because of a unique personality but for being as delectable as a caloric-infested, caramelized sugar bundt cake and as sweet and charming as Snow White circa 1937 (especially the part where she sings Someday My Prince Will Come and the animals are dancing around her, every living creature as high as a kite). Sillage is soft but the longevity of this is ridiculously tenacious, no fear of it ever disappearing unless soap is applied with a strong arm. On the "interesting" scale, this lies at the polar opposite to Mona di Orio's Vanille, with Lutens' Un Bois Vanille in the middle of the scale and Tihota in Vanitas' camp. Vanitas would satisfy cravings for sweets whereas Mona's Vanille would enter a debate with you regarding the same.

RisingChaosRisingChaos 7 months ago
Sweet vanilla with a spritz of bitter citrus that quickly turns syrupy. Artificial raspberry/cherry/strawberry-ish. Sickly-sweet.
ItchynoseItchynose 3 years ago
Reminds me of the violet shaped candies old women used to keep in their purse. Sweet and medicinal vanilla with a lot of creamy myrrh.
HermeshHermesh 6 years ago
Reminds initially of vanilla caramel with a slightly alcoholic syrup filling. Later, quite interesting tart note joins.

by Lasisa
by Miguellink
by JJ84
by JJ84

Popular by Profumum Roma

Patchouly by Profumum Roma Sorriso by Profumum Roma Arso by Profumum Roma Ambra Aurea by Profumum Roma Confetto by Profumum Roma Battito d'Ali by Profumum Roma Acqua Viva by Profumum Roma Dulcis in Fundo by Profumum Roma Acqua e Zucchero by Profumum Roma Ichnusa by Profumum Roma Olibanum by Profumum Roma Audace by Profumum Roma Victrix by Profumum Roma Meringa by Profumum Roma Acqua di Sale by Profumum Roma Note di Profumum - Meraviglia by Profumum Roma Note di Profumum - Luci dell'Est by Profumum Roma Thundra by Profumum Roma Soavissima by Profumum Roma Alba by Profumum Roma