Vir by Profumum Roma
7.4 / 10 22 Ratings
Vir is a new perfume by Profumum Roma for women and men and was released in 2022. The scent is woody-resinous. The longevity is above-average.
CannabisCannabis CedarwoodCedarwood FrankincenseFrankincense OudOud SandalwoodSandalwood TobaccoTobacco
Submitted by MiniGBIC, last update on 09.11.2022.

1 in-depth fragrance description

Contender
Knowing the notes, you probably will be surprised with the richness of the opening. Not to be compared with some of Rojas or Christians heavily ornamented pieces, but still. This is not always the case with Profumum Roma. They happen to be straight forward with many realises. Although, very solid.

I find VIR over average complex at the beginning. Beautifully balanced and tailored too. To the level, one is not sure in which level it will develop.
There are three or four different shades that are most prominent. Not that easy to name at first glance, though.

Once we are at naming the notes... What was my primary figured out accord? Suprise, suprise: leather. Not in-your-face kind of leather. More like suede gourmet being a part of the outfit.

I knew there's also something green in the picture, however, couldn't see what that is.

I've got good doze of fruity-sweetness even more clearly and I focused on identifying this one, as it become more and more appealing with every sniff. But again, had really hard time doing so. Red berries came to mind, but it's not accurate. The fruity vibe is not dry at all. It's like lemonady-sweet.

Only at this point I've checked the list of notes and find out what makes me smell what. And I'm glad I did it in this order. In fact, I think it's the best way of getting to know a new fragrance.

Back to Vir: the oud is not a stinky one, it's the nice, woody, rounded one which participated in a suede accord. I stand by this impression, as it's as as it can get.

The touch of green comes from the tobacco leaf and cannabis note, I guess. Do not expect anything like heavy, smoky, dense tobacco. Nothing like TF's Tobacco Oud.

Sweet fruitines? I'm sure it comes from the ingredients which were used to build cannabis note plus the sandalwood, which blends in so well, I'm not able to tell if it's a build up facet or a pricey real one. Smells like the later, though, and this is what counts.

Now, the backbone of this sweet vibe is an amber note. Despite it's not officially mentioned, the resinous quality gives it away.

Overall it's a very likeable woody fragrance. Similar to Black Afgano, obviously, but as respectful contender, I'd say. A touch more interesting, probably. This I'm only about to find out with a side by side comparison sometime soon, as I have decants of both.

Thanks for reading my first impressions, see you around!

1 short view on the fragrance
PizedPized 2 months ago
It reminds me of Duro, but more "behaved", with more evolution and something closer to Black Afgano (the cannabis). Longevity is very good.

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

1 fragrance photo of the community

Popular by Profumum Roma

Patchouly by Profumum Roma Sorriso by Profumum Roma Acqua e Zucchero by Profumum Roma Ambra Aurea by Profumum Roma Arso by Profumum Roma Confetto by Profumum Roma Battito d'Ali by Profumum Roma Acqua Viva by Profumum Roma Dulcis in Fundo by Profumum Roma Vanitas by Profumum Roma Ichnusa by Profumum Roma Victrix by Profumum Roma Audace by Profumum Roma Olibanum by Profumum Roma Meringa by Profumum Roma Acqua di Sale by Profumum Roma Note di Profumum - Luci dell'Est by Profumum Roma Soavissima by Profumum Roma Thundra by Profumum Roma Alba by Profumum Roma