Amande Douce Sweet Almond

Amande Douce / Sweet Almond by Provence Santé
Amande Douce is a perfume by Provence Santé for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is fresh-gourmand. It is still available to purchase.

Submitted by Florblanca, last update on 04.08.2013.

Sickly Sweet Marzipan
Sweet Almonds, Cherry Marzipan and a soft powdery clean white musk base. This whole line has decent sillage for supposedly being "natural" and "light". I tested this fragrance about 5 times at my local grocery store before deciding to purchase it and I just couldn't seem to decide if I loved it or just liked it or if I wanted to smell like it. Each time I would try it, my DH would say he wasn't crazy about it, so down to the bottom of the priority list it would go. Eventually, I just took the plunge. Now I realize why I was waffling on it. It starts off beautifully soft and tender with a soothing almond note and a light natural cherry note floating softly on clouds of nougat. But within about 30 minutes, the cherry note becomes more cloying and cough syrupy than I am comfortable with and I kind of wish it would disappear at that point. It doesn't. The whole affair sort of veers off into (I shiver to even suggest this, but) those little toilet bowl deodorizers in cherry "Pink" aroma. I know "pink" is not actually an aroma, but that's the only way I can describe this smell- it's all about the insincere cherry note. This last for about for hours on my skin but remains a bit to cloying and sickly for me to wear. I still like it as a room freshener, but I wouldn't say it's my HG marzipan/ almond scent, not by a long shot!

by Florblanca
by Florblanca

Popular by Provence Santé

Tilleul / Linden by Provence Santé Rose Sauvage / Wild Rose by Provence Santé Verveine / Vervain by Provence Santé Thé Vert / Green Tea by Provence Santé Jasmin / Jasmine by Provence Santé Figue / Fig by Provence Santé Vétiver by Provence Santé Bergamote / Bergamot by Provence Santé Abricot / Apricot by Provence Santé Lavande / Lavender by Provence Santé