Taiga by Pryn Parfum
Taiga is a popular perfume by Pryn Parfum for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is resinous-woody. It is still in production.

Prin Lomros

Pine, Cedarwood, Ambrette seed, Birch leaf, Elemi resin, Frankincense absolute, Myrrh, Ambergris, Russian leather, Cypress absolute, Benzoin, Patchouli

Submitted by Frankie, last update on 07.10.2020.

Chizza
Taiga - an atmospheric scent composition
Not so long ago, the green-resinous world was not my cup of tea, but lately I have been finding out that there are wonderful intense and beautiful scents. My interest in some of the fragrances was aroused by exciting and fascinating statements from other perfumers. As life goes, I received the mentioned Taiga perfume as a supplement to other fragrances and what can I say? Taiga made me very curious, not least because the name suggests the ingredients, at least most of them. In my eyes this is plausible and expressively implemented, a nice concept fragrance.

At first it smells intensely sweet and resinous. One walks through an ethereal, light coniferous forest at sunrise. Gently, scattered sunrays break through the roof of the treetops and branches. Here and there you can see individual animals of the forest, which work on the spruces and firs and thus release the resin. Occasionally birches mix under the coniferous trees.
The incense seems to follow a supporting and very restrained activity, because it is not really perceptible. Of course it does not have to be, because the Taiga shows its friendly, sunny side.
With time, it gradually becomes more earthy, the sweetish resinous gives way to patchouli, and cypress can also be seen here and there, although it only stands out one by one. So now the animals of the forest, or more precisely the animals of the forest living on the ground, come out. Since the taiga is a forest form and exists in Russia as well as in Canada, I think of single wolves wandering through the snow or of nimble and stealthy creeping martens.
At the end, a certain sublime balsamic effect follows, which is very harmonious and completes the fragrance. Yet this element is nothing more than a fleeting touch. Here the fragrance becomes more pine needle than resin. This change occurs almost unexpectedly, because the fragrance was so linear that it was hardly to be expected. Especially as he carries out this change in almost skin proximity.
At the very beginning Taiga really impressed me extremely. I still perceive Taiga as a beautiful, woody and resinous scent. However, the perfume is quite linear and is therefore probably something for lovers of this direction. Personally, I would have wished for more intense and somber incense, which wouldn't have been thematically appropriate but would have enhanced the fragrance. Likewise, it could have been more balsamic for me.
Now this is always a crucial question in H/S matters. Personally, I consider the scent to be the most important criterion, but of course you also want to perceive it, at least I do. Taiga is therefore rather something for friends of quieter scents.
Very controversial fragrance
Taiga is a controversial scent for me: If you smell it at the spray opening, it stinks as if some plants are rotting. Shortly after rising, the scent appears mossy, earthy and quite warm, spruce scent comes through. But there is always something stinky lurking in the background. The fragrance then becomes fresher and develops in an increasingly differentiated way. I thought I'd smell pine cones, some pears and cinnamon. Then there is a perfume note that disturbs me because it seems artificial. A pungent sourish side smell is added in the further course. I don't know what the taiga smells like, but I think that the name is very well chosen. Taiga would be for great natural fragrance if it wasn't for this light perfume note. Many perfumes will probably also be disturbed by the "natural" notes mentioned above. That's why I give a 7.5 here.

Popular Pryn Parfum

Marcello by Pryn Parfum Turkish Leather by Pryn Parfum Aksum by Pryn Parfum Morah by Pryn Parfum Ayothaya by Pryn Parfum Aranyaka by Pryn Parfum Mogao by Pryn Parfum Hikari / 光 by Pryn Parfum Amalfi by Pryn Parfum Le Mimosa by Pryn Parfum Rosuerrier by Pryn Parfum Jardin d'Iris by Pryn Parfum