Agua Lavanda 1940

Agua Lavanda by Puig
Bottle Design André Ricard
Agua Lavanda is a popular perfume by Puig for women and men and was released in 1940. The scent is fresh-green. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lavender, Petitgrain, Rosemary, Spike lavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Clary sage
Base Notes Base NotesMoss, Tonka bean, Cedarwood, Musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 23.01.2021.

DonJuanDeCat
Good, cheap, but olfactory too usual
Hey there, what's up? Stupid greeting? Whatever! I'm here anyway, and as always, I've got a new scent commentary with me. I have to admit, though, that today I'm describing a scent that most people will be rather less interested in, so I'm keeping it shorter (wait, are you saying I'm writing a commi that no one reads? Bah, I guess I have nothing better to do either *sigh*.... :D)

Anyway, today it's about Agua Lavanda by Puig, a fragrance that sounds fresh just from the name. Puig is a brand that is now not expensive and therefore it should not hurt too much, if you are sometimes offended by a fragrance. Or if you want to try a new brand, especially among the fresh fragrances, even if the scent itself should be very similar to all other fragrances. But well, I come quickly times to the fragrance!

The fragrance:
The scent starts very fresh with citrusy scents like bergamot and matching herbs, rosemary especially, which is a nice combination. After that, you can also already smell the lavender and already you have a beautiful, but also quite familiar smelling fragrance, because such fresh fragrances are just with these fragrance notes yes often extremely similar. However, the scent is somehow nevertheless warmer faster when the sweetish scents gain some intensity. Because I quickly smell out the tonka bean, which as so often smells quite nice. As the fragrance progresses, it also becomes a little woodier, where especially the cedar is well recognizable.
In addition, oak moss is then added and together with the now somewhat stronger lavender, you have here a barbershop-like fragrance, whose scent you know all too well from many similar fragrances. Nothing special, nothing outstanding, but also nothing bad. Is okay, especially as a simple everyday fragrance.

The sillage and the durability:
The sillage is relatively weak. Only at the beginning when spraying you smell the fragrance really good, but then it is very soon quite weak and even close to the body after a few hours. Also only a few hours is also the durability, I think after two to three hours you can already re-spray here.

The flacon:
The bottle is a green, rectangular bottle, which reminds of the shape of the bottles of the Acqua di Gioia fragrances by Armani. Is quite nice, but also nothing special.

Conclusion:
Okay, so to this fragrance there is not much to say in itself. He smells like very many fragrances that have a barbar shop-like appearance, but just has the advantage that he is very cheap to have. So you can treat yourself to such a fragrance, if you are looking for a small everyday fragrance in the summer, for example, which is harmless in itself, and should just smell typically masculine (yes the fragrance is indicated here as unisex, but for me it is clearly a men's fragrance). So a simple office scent that comes across clean. Cons: A million other such fragrances smell exactly the same, as I said, so you will not stand out at all with this fragrance from the masses.

Therefore, you should not expect much, but you will also not be disappointed if you can do something with this kind of fragrances. However, he seems to be a little more difficult to get in the meantime.

And that's it again for today. Now, raise your hand: Who read the commi? I knew it, nobody! Now who should I just wish a good evening? And why am I talking to myself here??? Hmmm.... :D

Fabistinkt
Me gusta la lavanda, me gustas tu
Just as it's supposed to be, I bought Agua Lavanda at its place of origin: beautiful Spain. Three years ago we encountered in a small supermercado in Port de Sóller on the island of Mallorca, when I was on holiday with my brother for a week. It sat on the shelf next to another Mediterranean treasure, the Massimo Dutti EdT from the 80s. Why aren't there great fragrances like that in our supermarkets? Both didn't cost the world, so they went straight into my bagaje.
In the long run Massimo became too spicy for my taste, so only the Puig is left by now - thanks to Carles Puigdemont appearing in the news regularly I finally know how to pronounce it too.

Agua Lavanda is a classic lavender scent and belongs to the fougère family. It opens quite smoky, which reveals its enormous age. The smoky impression could come from lavender itself, but I suspect aldehydes behind it. Comment of my neighbor in the lecture today: "There's a strange smell of incense sticks in the air, is that you?"
The aldehydes and lavender remain together on stage for a long time, until the smoky chemicals slowly disappear and the pure lavanda gets all the attention.
It is a very natural lavender, green, a little tart and incredibly pleasant. It also smells very high-quality, in comparison e.g. to Hypnôse Homme by Lancôme, where a cheap musk spoils the whole impression.
Gradually the lavender becomes weaker, but it does not disappear. Finally it connects with the woody base, which is speckled with a few spots of oakmoss. In this stage memories of Colonia by Acqua di Parma come to mind, whose basic structure smells very similar, but without the lavender.

Agua Lavanda is a very pleasant classic that gives everyone a certain Mediterranean elegance. Unlike Jicky or Pour un homme de Caron it is very airy and can easily be worn at work, especially in the Spanish temperatures we had this summer.

good for what ails ya!
So gorgeous, clean, cooling, & calming! In summer, I sometimes just pour it on myself & splash it on my sheets. I've seen bottled waters that were more expensive than this! (On US eBay, it's usually around $11, shipping included, for the jumbo 10 ounce plastic bottle.) I hope that Puig never reformulates this - it's 75 years old but better at what it does than some colognes created this year. Bravo, Puig!

Essential!
I use at least a bottle of this per month - It's very versatile, I use it for after bath splash, linen spray, room spray. I decant some into a small spray bottle for my bag. It beats any eau de cologne I've ever tried for freshness by far. The lavender is very prominent, but blends very well with the other notes and it has good longevity for this type of cologne. Sillage is average.

HitchslapHitchslap 3 years ago
If you see this scents' body wash for sale, give it a try! So simple but effective, definitely a great summer evening sidekick.

by Camey5000
Schluss mit Winter con Agua Lavanda!
by Fabistinkt
Valensol
by Verbaplex
by Verbaplex
by Hordak
by Hordak

Popular Puig

Quorum (Eau de Toilette) by Puig Agua Brava (Eau de Cologne) by Puig Quorum Silver (Eau de Toilette) by Puig Aqua Quorum (Eau de Toilette) by Puig Sybaris (Eau de Toilette) by Puig Estivalia by Puig Quorum (After Shave) by Puig Azur by Puig Boston Man (Eau de Toilette) by Puig Vetiver de Puig (Eau de Toilette) by Puig Thaïs by Puig Rasgo (Eau de Toilette) by Puig Boomerang (Eau de Toilette) by Puig Agua Brava Sea Power (Eau de Toilette) by Puig Agua Brava Azul by Puig Agua de Luna by Puig Barbie (pink) by Puig Brummel Coupé by Puig Agua Brava - Brave by Puig