Agua Lavanda (1940)

Agua Lavanda by Puig
Bottle Design: André Ricard

Agua Lavanda is a popular perfume by Puig for women and men and was released in 1940. The scent is fresh-green. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lavender, Petitgrain, Rosemary, Spikenard lavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Clary sage
Base Notes Base NotesMoss, Tonka bean, Cedarwood, Musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 15.07.2019

8.0 7.0 5.0 8.5/10

Fabistinkt
Me gusta la lavanda, me gustas tu
Just as it's supposed to be, I bought Agua Lavanda at its place of origin: beautiful Spain. Three years ago we encountered in a small supermercado in Port de Sóller on the island of Mallorca, when I was on holiday with my brother for a week. It sat on the shelf next to another Mediterranean treasure, the Massimo Dutti EdT from the 80s. Why aren't there great fragrances like that in our supermarkets? Both didn't cost the world, so they went straight into my bagaje.
In the long run Massimo became too spicy for my taste, so only the Puig is left by now - thanks to Carles Puigdemont appearing in the news regularly I finally know how to pronounce it too.

Agua Lavanda is a classic lavender scent and belongs to the fougère family. It opens quite smoky, which reveals its enormous age. The smoky impression could come from lavender itself, but I suspect aldehydes behind it. Comment of my neighbor in the lecture today: "There's a strange smell of incense sticks in the air, is that you?"
The aldehydes and lavender remain together on stage for a long time, until the smoky chemicals slowly disappear and the pure lavanda gets all the attention.
It is a very natural lavender, green, a little tart and incredibly pleasant. It also smells very high-quality, in comparison e.g. to Hypnôse Homme by Lancôme, where a cheap musk spoils the whole impression.
Gradually the lavender becomes weaker, but it does not disappear. Finally it connects with the woody base, which is speckled with a few spots of oakmoss. In this stage memories of Colonia by Acqua di Parma come to mind, whose basic structure smells very similar, but without the lavender.

Agua Lavanda is a very pleasant classic that gives everyone a certain Mediterranean elegance. Unlike Jicky or Pour un homme de Caron it is very airy and can easily be worn at work, especially in the Spanish temperatures we had this summer.
9.0/10

good for what ails ya!
So gorgeous, clean, cooling, & calming! In summer, I sometimes just pour it on myself & splash it on my sheets. I've seen bottled waters that were more expensive than this! (On US eBay, it's usually around $11, shipping included, for the jumbo 10 ounce plastic bottle.) I hope that Puig never reformulates this - it's 75 years old but better at what it does than some colognes created this year. Bravo, Puig!
5.0 7.5 10.0/10

Essential!
I use at least a bottle of this per month - It's very versatile, I use it for after bath splash, linen spray, room spray. I decant some into a small spray bottle for my bag. It beats any eau de cologne I've ever tried for freshness by far. The lavender is very prominent, but blends very well with the other notes and it has good longevity for this type of cologne. Sillage is average.

Hitchslap 13 months ago
If you see this scents' body wash for sale, give it a try! So simple but effective, definitely a great summer evening sidekick.+4
9.0

Schluss mit Winter con Agua Lavanda!
by Fabistinkt
by Verbaplex
by Verbaplex
by Hordak
by Hordak

Popular Puig

Quorum (Eau de Toilette) by Puig Agua Brava (Eau de Cologne) by Puig Aqua Quorum (Eau de Toilette) by Puig Quorum Silver (Eau de Toilette) by Puig Agua Lavanda by Puig Brummel (Eau de Cologne) by Puig Sybaris (Eau de Toilette) by Puig Estivalia by Puig Thaïs de Puig by Puig Vetiver de Puig (Eau de Toilette) by Puig Impacto (Eau de Cologne) by Puig Zinnia by Puig Azur by Puig Boston Man (Eau de Toilette) by Puig Rasgo (Eau de Toilette) by Puig Quorum (After Shave) by Puig Anouk by Puig Agua de Luna by Puig Agua Brava Azul by Puig Boomerang (Eau de Toilette) by Puig