Warszawa by Puredistance

Warszawa is a popular perfume by Puredistance for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is floral-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Antoine Lie

Top Notes Top NotesGalbanum, Grapefruit, Violet leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine absolute, Broom absolute, Iris butter
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Vetiver, Styrax

Submitted by Kirthi, last update on 27.02.2020.

The scent is initially exclusively available in Warsaw at Perfumeria Quality Missala.

Caramelized curry onions..

Immediately after spraying, I smell something clearly edible in "Warszawa" - but not sweet, but hearty. Now I am a person who likes to cook and my association was immediately the recipe for my sweet potato soup: at the beginning onions are steamed in butter - with a good portion of curry. It's a complete mystery to me what that perfume could smell like to me: It is spicy, but not really hot - and actually buttery. Under this spice then lies clearly floral - but with a pungent sweet, somehow overripe component. A bouquet of flowers with a strong scent, but which have the best time behind them - and where every time you enter the room you think about disposing of it.
For me, however, this peculiar spice, which disturbs me so much, drowned out any further development of the fragrance. In the course of time it becomes weaker, but remains audible and almost makes me averse. It's actually a fragrance component that I've never encountered before - and that makes me curious again. Somehow I have the broom in suspicion - and will therefore immediately search for comparison patterns in other fragrances. After all, such an unusual new phenomenon needs to be properly researched!
8.0 10.0 9.0/10

Warsaw freshwater pearl
The supporting column in "Warszawa" forms for me an opulent, rich yellow flower cream, which gives me the impression that I am pressing my nose into a fragrant bouquet of sun-warmed yellow flowers, with an aromatic sweetness and light powderiness, which gives the fragrance an impression of flowers plus velvety pollen.
Melting, sweet iris butter, broom and much warmer, sun-saturated jasmine create a cream dream of the extra class.
The texture of the opulent yellow floral reminds me of similarly sweet-melting cream scents, like "Ylang Ylang Nosy Be" by Perris Monte Carlo, or Isabey "Gardenia" (which for me smells more like jasmine than gardenia). But the fragrance doesn't feel exotic or tropical; I don't notice anything of sun milk or coconut and the like. I think it's the broom that's taking me back to my own gardens. This not only smells sunny yellow and sweet, as if a touch of honey shone from it, it also brings some racy, slightly bitter and green-vegetable undertones into the composition.

A wafer-thin, light green silk cloth was laid over this yellow flower dream. Galban resin weaves emerald-green shimmering scent threads through the scent and thus provides a touch of freshness and a "clean" perfume character amidst all the sweet creaminess.
It is accompanied by gently spicy patchouli and balsamic soft, also slightly spicy and for my nose minimally smoky Styrax resin, which makes the fragrance velvety or powdery and whirls it up slightly. "Warszawa" I feel therefore despite its indisputably dense sweetness and creamy "heaviness" as not oppressive. The fragrance does not stick to the skin like concrete, but "breathes" with a slightly powdery, warm spiciness.
Violet leaf, grapefruit and vetiver I don't notice, but I am sure that they also contribute their part to the discreet greenish freshness, which constantly accompanies the chubby warm yellow cream scent from the background, "aerates" it and probably prevents it from becoming too sweet or even puffy butter cream.

So I feel "Warszawa" as a middle thing between a galbane-heavy chypre and a creamy-yellow-flowery jasmine scent (the jasmine warmth dominates me, especially in the last hours).
The rich cream yellow is dominant for my nose throughout, but the fragrance shimmers like a pearl with a light green lustre through the mild green scent threads, or other metaphor: an emerald-green shimmering marble that has fallen into a dense, rich yellow cream and is now slowly dissolving in it, melting with it. The fragrance shows me this marble effect.

I would have given "Warszawa" 10 points. There's a point deduction for some (over)green accents, which appear from time to time and seem a bit "stinkig" to me, not really indolent, but intensively "vegetable", a short intermezzo of thick, fleshy and slightly waxy dark green. There's nothing to notice in the scent projection, but the closer I sniff the skin, the more clearly I perceive these accompanying notes, which are slightly piercing for me and seem indolent at the border. They flash up again and again for a short time, but then they also retreat again quickly, meander through the heart notes, only dissolve completely in the warm jasmine cream after a few hours.

A classic white blossom herb scent, interpreted in a modern way and pimped up by the mildly green and comfortably spicy accents.

IoanaP 73 days ago
To the nostalgic for peachy old school glamour, this is THE PERFUME!

by Sumi
by Sumi
by IoanaP
by IoanaP
by Carlossp
by Carlossp

Popular Puredistance

White by Puredistance Puredistance M by Puredistance Black by Puredistance Opardu by Puredistance Aenotus by Puredistance Puredistance I by Puredistance Antonia by Puredistance Sheiduna by Puredistance Gold by Puredistance