Blue by Ralph Lauren
Blue (Ralph Lauren)

Blue is a perfume by Ralph Lauren for women and was released in 2005. The scent is floral-fresh. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesGardenia, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Lotus, Lily-of-the-valley, Peony
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrange blossom, Rose, Tuberose
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Oakmoss, Musk, Sandalwood, Vetiver

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 21.03.2018

Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
American version of Chanel Cristalle edt
I must confess that for a reason I myself can't quite say exactly why, I don't like some brands, and Ralph Lauren is one of them. In case you wonder which are the other ones, HB, GA, JPG, K, CH, etc ... But I was very excited to show a friend of mine my new acquisition that at the time I thought it was wonderful, well, I still do: Chanel Cristalle edt. Then my friend said it was like ... like ... RL Blue. I said Blue Pony? Blue Polo? Blue Hamptons? What/ And she said just Blue. Wow. Blue. So when I saw a 125ml bottle of the supposed Criatalle version by Ralph Laure I went for it, and the price was a catch, also.

Blue starts on my skin very flowery, as said many time before, not that acquatic and seems a little confused, busy somehow, trying to go/reach somewhere not quite sure where. But very quicly it begins to transform itself to a gorgeous scent. Frash, green, no galbanum?, earthy, and yes, it's Critalee all over my skin. In Blue however, I do get a mild scent of mosturising cream, not too strong, but defenetely feminine, but then it all gets rather soapy, wonderful and sexless, as angels are, really. It's true that Blue doesn't have some of CC spiceness, coriander, but is a very close match all the same.

I am very happy with a Ralph Lauren I can appreciate, although Blue is not party time sort of scent.
Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 7.0/10
Cuddly yet fresh
Ralph Lauren Blue is a very appealing fragrance, such a shame it is now discontinued.

It's a cross between a floral aquatic and a floral woody musk. Ralph Lauren Blue tends to be fresh yet smooth and feminine. It's subtle, but the subtlety works.

I particularly like its creamy warmth, somewhat like a mug of warm milk. It has a certain cuddly quality that adds a spin to it's fresh sporty-ness. While it definitely suits hot weather, I think it could wear well in Winter too.

The lightness of this fragrance is possibly the reason for its downfall. The floral aspect probably didn't help either. It's not tangy or fruity like most Summer scents, instead it goes for a light, transparent floral combination.

Unfortunately the lasting power isn't all that great, and as I mentioned before, the sillage is incredibly soft. To be honest, I'm a little underwhelmed after trying Ralph Lauren Blue because I really built it up to be something wonderful after reading so many rave reviews.

Ralph Lauren Blue is nice, polite even, and in some ways quite comforting.
clean and green
Blue starts as a very floral aquatic scent. The Base notes end with more of an oakmoss. I feel that this fragrance would have been better (and more aquatic) if it had more cedar. Upon first sniff i dont like it, but the more I smell it the more I like it.

• Ja, es ist eine Glasschale! by Serafina
  • by TIA1971 by TIA1971
  • by Hasi by Hasi
  • by Escada1970 by Escada1970
  • by NikkRouse10 by NikkRouse10
  • by Evita by Evita

Popular Ralph Lauren

Polo (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Safari (Eau de Parfum) by Ralph Lauren Polo Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Safari for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Romance (Eau de Parfum) by Ralph Lauren Polo Red (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Polo Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Ralph by Ralph Lauren Polo Black (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Lauren (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Big Pony Collection - 2 by Ralph Lauren Big Pony Collection - 4 by Ralph Lauren Blue by Ralph Lauren Glamourous by Ralph Lauren Big Pony Collection - 1 by Ralph Lauren Notorious by Ralph Lauren Big Pony Collection - 3 by Ralph Lauren Polo Explorer (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Polo Sport Woman by Ralph Lauren Big Pony Collection for Women - 2 by Ralph Lauren