Polo Black (2005)Eau de Toilette

Polo Black (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren

Polo Black (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Ralph Lauren for men and was released in 2005. The scent is fruity-spicy. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Mango, Patchouli, Sage, Sandalwood, Tangerine, Tonka bean, Lemon

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 01.07.2020.

Interrail Day 14 - Nice
August 2017.
The summer of my life. I am on Interrail in Nice, it is warm almost tropical. We spent the day mainly with strolling. Now it is evening and we are getting ready for an unforgettable night in the probably most beautiful port city of the Côte de Azur. The sky is slowly turning orange, we sit on the windowsill of our hostel and enjoy a baguette with canned tuna - yes, we were young and saved where we could. In the background is Summer Air from the Italo Brothers. Slowly the anticipation for the evening rises, we had booked a Pubcrawl online, a guided party through the best bars of the city with a visit to a club afterwards. And what should not be missing? A good perfume to pick up the women. We went to our suitcases, I took out my Polo Black bottle and began to drizzle. My buddy, who like me was completely "perfume-unaffine" at the time, also wanted some sprayers of this divine brew. In retrospect, a rather naive view of the world of perfume. At that time, I had just one other perfume besides Polo Black, namely CK Eternity, which I thought was quite adequate. The fragrance is mMn anything but black and fits perfectly to a warm summer night, as it combines light fruitiness and seductive sweetness. Perfect for us 18-year-olds with the goal of picking up in the club. We just felt so ripe when we set out on the streets towards the harbour, where 2 dozen party animals gathered for a pubcrawl. For me personally, Polo Black describes the carefree time on Interrail between high school and university, in which I was not only allowed to make crazy experiences but also matured inwardly. Always accompanied by this great smell. In retrospect I have to say that I probably don't look back on this scent quite objectively and probably rate it higher than many others. But that's what's so nice about fragrances - the many memories, beautiful moments, which virtually only allow a subjective view of fragrances.
Even if I can't say much about the notes, I hope that I have brought the special atmosphere of this fragrance closer to you.

(PS: I dedicated this comment to my probably first real fragrance, which at the same time brought me unforgettable moments :-))

Black??
Somenone that i admire gave it to me today. I didn´t know how it smells. I think that it is a different fragrance. Does not nothing to do with the name "Black". The notes are pure "White"...because i think this has fresh and summery notes. Tomorrow i will use it all day and i will see what this fragrance is made off. But i am not expecting too much, honestly.

Tropical Black!
Very underrated gem, tropical scent and it's safe scent and it's compliment gainer, one of the best unique summer scents, a must have in your collection ;)

Mango/ Sandalwood/ Sage and a slight hint of Tonka Beans, will leave you refreshed and feeling like you're on a beach, I love this one and it has decent longevity also it is not generic scent in my opinion, such a sexy scent will get you compliments.

GabrielCEGabrielCE 15 months ago
There is a mango note in the opening which gives a tropical vibe - good
But the dry down is a bit too average - bad
an incomplete perfume.
ItchynoseItchynose 17 months ago
The beautiful opening mango note lasts 10 seconds or so. Sadly it all goes terribly downhill after that. A weak mess.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 22 months ago
One of the most sickening scents ever. Makes me headaches.
MrHonestMrHonest 2 years ago
This always reminded me of black liquorice with that synthetic mango, but the chicks dig it so I don't complain. Personally I prefer the OG.

by Pharaoh
by RedBull
by Chanelle
by Chanelle

Popular Ralph Lauren

Safari (Eau de Parfum) by Ralph Lauren Polo (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Safari for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Lauren (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Glamourous by Ralph Lauren Polo Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Safari (Parfum) by Ralph Lauren Purple Label by Ralph Lauren Polo Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Chaps (Cologne) by Ralph Lauren Romance for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Blue by Ralph Lauren Polo Red Extreme by Ralph Lauren Polo Supreme Cashmere by Ralph Lauren Ralph by Ralph Lauren Romance by Ralph Lauren Polo Supreme Oud by Ralph Lauren Extreme Polo Sport by Ralph Lauren Polo Supreme Leather by Ralph Lauren Polo Blue (Eau de Parfum) by Ralph Lauren