Polo Blue 2002 Eau de Toilette

Polo Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren
Bottle Design Bormioli Rocco
7.0 / 10 267 Ratings
Polo Blue (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Ralph Lauren for men and was released in 2002. The scent is fresh-aquatic. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top Notes CucumberCucumber Mandarin orangeMandarin orange MelonMelon
Heart Notes Heart Notes BasilBasil GeraniumGeranium SageSage
Base Notes Base Notes WoodsWoods MuskMusk SuedeSuede

Perfumers

Videos
Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 31.01.2023.

11 in-depth fragrance descriptions
spicy metal cucumber
Ralph Lauren's reputation in the perfume industry is not the best for a number of reasons. However, I do not want to discuss this too much, since it is about the fragrance and not about brand arguments.
Because: often that is justified, but not with this fragrance.
To the bottle:
Under all sow. Absolutely unwieldy, you get when spraying almost a cramp.
Safety note: Take two hands.
The only positive here is the great blue.
To the fragrance:
It convinces by persistent freshness, whereby the cucumber note appears very dominant and makes up the bulk of the aquatic and remains through the entire course of the fragrance.
On the cucumber one perceives especially crackling basil, which tickles the nose first.
The carrier of the structure is then a not heavy but nevertheless sharp and certain musk note, which mixes with woods and creates a slightly metallic undertone.
H/S:
I was actually surprised by the longevity. For an aquatic stable 6 hours can be expected here.
With the sillage one fills no room but attracts enough attention.
Conclusion:
Who stands on special fragrances (cucumber) and his olfactory bulb like to surprise will find here and may be pleased about tingling-spicy freshness
For the summer an absolutely stable middle class fragrance with that certain something and in my opinion remains a positive memory.

A short lasting romance
There was once a man that I was very keen on. For years I lusted after him, until one drunken night, I let my feelings show and ended up going home with him. Polo Blue was the fragrance he wore that particular night.

I remember feeling intoxicated by its aroma, (in a good way). It was fresh, watery, a little citrusy and a touch herbaceous. Despite the fact that he was already a sexy looking guy, this fragrance made him all the more appealing.

This scent is youthful, yet masculine. It has a somewhat soapy edge that tends to become powdery as the fragrance develops.

While some dislike the dominant cucumber note, I rather enjoyed it. I used to have a sample of Polo Red, White and Blue, and in some ways, these two fragrances are similar.

This fragrance seems really suited to the young, sporty types. Unfortunately after my night with the man in question, we never saw each other again, so in some ways this fragrance has become less attractive in my eyes, just like CK's Eternity did after a two year relationship ended.

Polo Blue, although very pleasant, has shocking lasting power. I was a little disappointed to find it lasting no more than four hours. Every now and then I'll spritz this fragrance on to a piece of card to remember him, and everytime I do, I keep thinking how fresh, comforting, Summery and sporty this fragrance is.
Less helpful Review 2
Fresh!
I personally find the scent gives me that feeling of clean, fresh from the shower, you feel good he is not intrusive I also think he will please everyone whether man or woman. I like to wear it especially when it is warmer but unfortunately it is not so strong and not so long lasting!
Short freshness
After I got a selection of fresh scents from the dear Smellow1987 I started to test with Polo Blue.
The initial freshness is convincing, although I don't really like the cucumber that much. Maybe the cucumber is supposed to be the aquatic part of the aquarium? That definitely works better And the durability is also a little too bad for me Still a nice everyday scent. Always works, if you like fresh scents.

Very Modern !
Yes! it is very modern Fragrance indeed. Although I am a big fan of 70s & 80s Fragrance - That old & heavy one :) - but Sometimes I just need a fresh & Light Fragrance for my spare time :) especial when I want to look like a Modern Man :)

Well, Polo Blue is just about Clean Freshness :) Take a shower and Spray about 7 sprays - sorry for my bad English :) - and you just ready to hunt some girls down :) A Metaphorical Speech :)

You may smell clearly a lovely Mixed aura of Melon, Mandarin & Basil in a soft way. Good long-lasting on my clothes with good "Modern" Sillage :)
More reviews

2 short views on the fragrance
GuapoGuapo 2 years ago
It remains one of the best fragrances in its segment. For me, unforgettable memories of many magnificent summers.
ElysiumElysium 4 years ago
It's not a strongly scented cologne, yet warm, masculine and woodsy when it heats up. It will lightly stay with you all day long as well!

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

7 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Ralph Lauren

Safari (Eau de Parfum) by Ralph Lauren Polo (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Purple Label by Ralph Lauren Safari for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Lauren (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Polo Red Extreme by Ralph Lauren Polo Cologne Intense by Ralph Lauren Polo Supreme Cashmere by Ralph Lauren Glamourous by Ralph Lauren Polo Deep Blue by Ralph Lauren Tuxedo (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Polo Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Polo Blue (Eau de Parfum) by Ralph Lauren Polo Supreme Leather by Ralph Lauren Chaps (Cologne) by Ralph Lauren Polo Crest (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Romance by Ralph Lauren Romance for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Blue by Ralph Lauren Polo Modern Reserve - 30th Anniversary Edition by Ralph Lauren