Polo Blue 2002 Eau de Toilette

Polo Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren
Bottle Design Bormioli Rocco
Polo Blue (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Ralph Lauren for men and was released in 2002. The scent is fresh-aquatic. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesCucumberCucumber
SageSage
Base Notes Base NotesWoodsWoods
MuskMusk
SuedeSuede

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 25.12.2021.

Fresh!
I personally find the scent gives me that feeling of clean, fresh from the shower, you feel good he is not intrusive I also think he will please everyone whether man or woman. I like to wear it especially when it is warmer but unfortunately it is not so strong and not so long lasting!
spicy metal cucumber
Ralph Lauren's reputation in the perfume industry is not the best for a number of reasons. However, I do not want to discuss this too much, since it is about the fragrance and not about brand arguments.
Because: often that is justified, but not with this fragrance.
To the bottle:
Under all sow. Absolutely unwieldy, you get when spraying almost a cramp.
Safety note: Take two hands.
The only positive here is the great blue.
To the fragrance:
It convinces by persistent freshness, whereby the cucumber note appears very dominant and makes up the bulk of the aquatic and remains through the entire course of the fragrance.
On the cucumber one perceives especially crackling basil, which tickles the nose first.
The carrier of the structure is then a not heavy but nevertheless sharp and certain musk note, which mixes with woods and creates a slightly metallic undertone.
H/S:
I was actually surprised by the longevity. For an aquatic stable 6 hours can be expected here.
With the sillage one fills no room but attracts enough attention.
Conclusion:
Who stands on special fragrances (cucumber) and his olfactory bulb like to surprise will find here and may be pleased about tingling-spicy freshness
For the summer an absolutely stable middle class fragrance with that certain something and in my opinion remains a positive memory.

Short freshness
After I got a selection of fresh scents from the dear Smellow1987 I started to test with Polo Blue.
The initial freshness is convincing, although I don't really like the cucumber that much. Maybe the cucumber is supposed to be the aquatic part of the aquarium? That definitely works better And the durability is also a little too bad for me Still a nice everyday scent. Always works, if you like fresh scents.
Satisfied with the durability
Many people complain about the durability of Polo Blue but I would say if you want something different like Aventus and Dupes from Aventus and Acqua di Gio you can also take Polo I am satisfied with the durability of Polo Blue

Blue Sky, Fresh Air, Big Open Waters
Ralph Lauren’s Polo Blue isn't a scrap as rumored by the crowd. Rather, it's so freaking good, a surprisingly refreshing and fruity aromatic fougère featuring aquatic and ozone motives. Suede, woodsy notes, and a bit of cucumber and melon make this cologne sexy, young, and masculine. I have a slightly different kind of soft spot for the line of Polo fragrances, Polo Sport was one of the first colognes that I tried when I was younger, and honestly still enjoy to these days. So, after trying a fragrance like Polo Sport, I decided that I should try out Polo Blue as well and give my opinion on it. My initial impression of this scent was immediately how fresh it was. I could really recognize the cool aquatic notes and it did conjure up ideas of the color blue in my mind. Albeit it's really great to wear on a warm spring or summer day, yet I also think that it works very well during the cooler autumn months because of the warm, woody, and slightly spicy notes.

Here it is... Polo Blue to my nose reveals the following main accords: ozonic, aquatic, fresh spicy, green, and musky, and opens on immediately discernable fresh melon notes followed by cool cucumber and hazy clementine zest. The opening lights with some surprising delicacy for a men’s fragrance. The fruity and aqueous head's accords are not too citrus, which makes the scent agreeable for early fall days, it is truly a breath of fresh air.

Plain floral geranium notes emerge first from the subtle head’s vanishing. This is quickly accompanied by aromatics dry greenness of clary sage, basil, and verbena. They mingle for a while before transitioning to the base. The heart is green and aromatic, with the strong lemony and grassy facets of the verbena, and the geranium leaves that add a bitterness and earthiness to this central stage.

When the dry down comes, refined notes of velvety leather appear first. This is shortly followed by the modern touch of patchouli and oakmoss, which provide fresh earthiness to the base’s blend. Clean mossy and musky tones melt with white amber and soft leather, a kind of velvety suede. The leather here is not too raw or animalic, is closer to a wallet or a belt made of lamb.

That said, Polo Blue is a majorly spring and summer fragrance, which is not out of keeping with fall days. Its aromatic and fruity notes would fare better in the heat, which probably adds to why this is an appropriate sports fragrance. Quite versatile in that it’s a seemingly all day fragrance. It’s easy to picture this being worn during the day, in the evening or even at work. The notes do sort of transform from very clean and crisp into something that is warmer and more sensual. While it does have plenty of fruit notes, this never becomes anything feminine, and I would say it’s entirely masculine. The woodsy notes anchor Polo Blue and don’t allow it to become a light and airy fragrance.

I would say that its projection is moderate. It’s not the type of cologne which will overwhelm with just a few sprays but it is by no means a weak one either. It has good to very good longevity, as I get through an entire workday and can still detect it before I shower at night.

-Elysium

Pleasant, Inoffensive, Weak
Nice fragrance. Opens up with a sweet melon and cucumber. The melon soon begins to fade after 5-10 minutes (although I wish it lingered more prominently throughout the composition), and a slightly musky suede note begins to peer through, adding some contrast. Once the melon settles down, most of what I get off my skin is cucumber and suede, with hints of basil and some florals in the background.

I have received some compliments within the first 15 minutes of spraying this, however, this only lasts about 2-3 hours on my skin. During the first 30 minutes though, projection is moderate and you get a nice sillage if you disperse the sprays around your body. This is typically with 6-9 sprays. Unfortunate, because I'd wear this a little more otherwise. Feels great and refreshing on a hot day, and clean after a shower.

Another knock I have on this would be the atomizer. I'm not sure about anybody else, but mine sprays a giant cloud about one-to-two inches far, making this fragrance annoying to apply. Perhaps this is related to my longevity issues.

All in all, I do like this one. Not my favourite by any means, but enjoyable nonetheless.
2.5

Sweet, Weak and Unremarkable
Take a fragrance bottle, fill with water and then add a teaspoon of milk and sugar. The result - Polo Blue by Ralph Lauren. Yes it's sweet and clean, but it's very weak and watery as well which is a shame as I really wanted to like this one. It's interesting that this was partly created by the same person who was responsible for the original Polo too as Polo Blue seems to be the exact polar opposite of the powerhouse original. Unfortunately though despite the interesting fragrance notes this really is nothing special.

Very Modern !
Yes! it is very modern Fragrance indeed. Although I am a big fan of 70s & 80s Fragrance - That old & heavy one :) - but Sometimes I just need a fresh & Light Fragrance for my spare time :) especial when I want to look like a Modern Man :)

Well, Polo Blue is just about Clean Freshness :) Take a shower and Spray about 7 sprays - sorry for my bad English :) - and you just ready to hunt some girls down :) A Metaphorical Speech :)

You may smell clearly a lovely Mixed aura of Melon, Mandarin & Basil in a soft way. Good long-lasting on my clothes with good "Modern" Sillage :)

Drseid
Another Generic Polo Flanker...
Very synthetic, generic and disappointing. I really have nothing much more to say about it, except it smells like just about every other safe aquatic scent out today with the addition of a cucumber note to the same old, same old mix. It won't offend anyone, but it is unlikely to impress either... certainly not me. I don't mind Polo Blue, but I wish I wouldn't have bought it. I recommend sticking to the original green bottle Polo which is a much, much better scent. 2.5 stars out of 5.

Polo Blue
I like this cologne. It's nothing groundbreaking but it does have a nice, clean, fresh out of the shower smell to it. Its downfall is that it doesn't last long enough on the skin. The scent is light so it's good for summer but unfortunately it's just too weak. Luckily I bought mine cheap. I will use up the bottle but will likely not repurchase.

GuapoGuapo 7 months ago
It remains one of the best fragrances in its segment. For me, unforgettable memories of many magnificent summers.
ElysiumElysium 3 years ago
It's not a strongly scented cologne, yet warm, masculine and woodsy when it heats up. It will lightly stay with you all day long as well!

by Integral
by Acamara
by Vawallpa
by Vawallpa

Popular Ralph Lauren

Safari (Eau de Parfum) by Ralph Lauren Polo (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Safari for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Purple Label by Ralph Lauren Tuxedo (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Safari (Parfum) by Ralph Lauren Lauren (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Polo Red Extreme by Ralph Lauren Glamourous by Ralph Lauren Polo Cologne Intense by Ralph Lauren Polo Supreme Cashmere by Ralph Lauren Extreme Polo Sport by Ralph Lauren Polo Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Chaps (Cologne) by Ralph Lauren Blue by Ralph Lauren Polo Supreme Oud by Ralph Lauren Polo Supreme Leather by Ralph Lauren Romance for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Romance by Ralph Lauren Ralph by Ralph Lauren