Polo Red Extreme (2017)

Polo Red Extreme by Ralph Lauren

Polo Red Extreme is a popular perfume by Ralph Lauren for men and was released in 2017. The scent is sweet-gourmand. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Blood orange, Coffee, Ebony

Submitted by CPL, last update on 14.08.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is model Kenneth Guidroz.

7.0 8.0 8.0 8.5/10

AmberScent
A dark and fragrant sweet cappuccino please...
I kind of fancy gourmand fragrances. When I decided to try some Ralph Lauren fragrances, I looked immediately at the trio of Reds. Polo Red Extreme is the most unique of the three, even if we deal with a linear non complex perfume with a slight above average performance.
You do have some citrus sweetness (or should I say red orange syrup) supporting a main note of coffe. It's not a coffe grain scent or an expresso flavour. It's closer to american coffee poured in a mug to make a cappuccino.
You also sense a bit of darkness that must come from the Ebony wood note.
The cappuccino analogy makes me wonder if there isn't a bit of cinnamon and/or cocoa in it.
Thinking about other perfumes Polo Red Extreme to my nose seems to have a similar scent to Boss THe Scent Private Accord. It must be because of the Givaudan ingredients used for the coffee note as there is no Maninka fruit in Ralph Lauren's perfume. On the other hand I sense cocoa in Polo Red Extreme and it's one of the main notes of the Hugo Boss fragrance. So I am not sure why, but one fragrance recalls me the other.
On the other hand if you plan to own this fragrance, there is no strong reason for you to look at the other Polo Reds, as there is a trong family resemblance between the three of them.
It's also worthy to say that usually the persons around me like to sniff this fragrance, especially the ladies. I already herd a bunch of comments saying that it's very "manly" and "seductive".
10.0 9.0 10.0 10.0/10

Emgamo
Original red - on steroids!
Imagine the original red from polo and blend it with steroids, then you’ll have Extreme. Better sillage & monster performance. Slighty warmer scent than the original thou!

IF you like the original but think its to weak
Then you love this one!

JosephAzzato
try it on clothing and then try it on skin just try both ways
Polo Red Extreme has a bit of a TM pure malt thing going on when on my skin, on my clothing it is unmistakably polo red dna!! I can't say I love it when it comes to being on my close, so normally in layering habits I pick one for the skin and one for my clothing or I will wear it on both, this one it's a skin wearing fragrance!!! layered or not, Awesome stuff!!
8.0 7.0 8.0 7.0/10

Bassist87
To the cappuccino please 4x sugar...
When I bought the reduced fragrance from a retailer with a turquoise logo (it was defacto spot cheap compared to the usual prices) as a blindbuy my expectations were not very high.
Until today it was still packed in the cupboard, but thanks to the nice temperature drop it was finally tested. What can I say...? So to be honest, at first I was just thinking, "Fuck! Not mine at all, too sweet!".

Blood orange... well, light and very short. Coffee... oooh yes and constant! Ebony?? Not really perceptible to me, but pure sweetness! In the end, the fragrance in the base simply becomes an extremely sweet - one might say "more sugary" - cappuccino.

Durability is so far quite good (after 6h still well perceptible), Sillage as well.

I like the coffee note very much, the sweetness less. At room temperature "meeh", but at cool temperatures "jammi"! Definitely nothing for summer or spring! For me, such a little nip would only be wearable in the evenings on cold autumn days or in winter. For the work rather less suitable but more something for the spare time.

Altogether for me a mixed EdT. Less sweetness would have done him very good, I think the coffee note is really very beautiful, I would have liked to give him 8-8.5 for the fragrance, but this strong sweetness would not be.

Muotarek
Polo Red Intense in another bottle?
If you have Polo Red Intense then don't buy this, Red intense is much better actually and cheaper, I don't know why did Polo release this one?!! It's very very identical to Red Intense.
9.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

MrHonest
Dark chocolate, cranberry fruitcake.
Honestly, I'm a little surprised that this one doesn't get more love in the community. I always enjoyed the original Polo, having worn it in highschool, and appreciated Blue and Blue sport. Black is a tad too heavy on the mango and Red is a straight up cranberry cocktail with awful performance. Crest and the rest (the Supremes) are done quite well, but probably not worth the price tag. This is one is similar.

The opening has the same cranberry vibe as the other Reds, but it's further in the background. The opening is a little sweeter, with a distinct gourmand feel coming from a synthetic chocolate or coffee. Imagine a cheaper version of Atelier's Cafe Tuberosa mixed with a cranberry take on Pomelo Paradis - "canneberge paradis." And btw, the notes are legit, I checked the official Ralph Lauren page. But blood orange? No no no. This smells like a chocolate cranberry fruitcake. It's sweet, a bit tart, dark, aromatic and delicious. The darkness gives it a nice masculine touch that I personally find quite appealing. It gives me confidence, this one.

Longevity and projection are very good too. It really did surprise me the first time. But the price? Dismal. Give me a 60% discount and we're talkin'. Otherwise, we can certainly do better. Still, I'm disappointed it doesn't get more love. It really is better than average.
7.0 6.0 8.0 7.0/10

SteelerOpera
Polo Red getting bolder, but this is familiar...
I was pleasantly surprised with this one since I haven't been impressed with either of the Red fragrances. Decent performance, but this is nothing new. The overall effect of this fragrance reminds me a bit of MJ Legend and Rochas Man. Hopefully, Polo will continue to push the boundaries in the designer realm. More details in the video review :)

AmberScent 110 days ago
When wearing Polo Red Extreme, I already herd a bunch of comments saying that it's very manly and seductive. You may be lucky as well.+3
Carlitos01 163 days ago
Do you like a sweet cappuccino made with "american" coffee, cream, sugar and a bit of cinnamon & cacau? That's Polo Red Extreme!+4

Popular Ralph Lauren

Polo (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Safari (Eau de Parfum) by Ralph Lauren Polo Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Safari for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Polo Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Polo Red (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Polo Black (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Romance (Eau de Parfum) by Ralph Lauren Ralph by Ralph Lauren Lauren (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Big Pony Collection - 2 by Ralph Lauren Big Pony Collection - 4 by Ralph Lauren Blue by Ralph Lauren Big Pony Collection - 1 by Ralph Lauren Glamourous by Ralph Lauren Notorious by Ralph Lauren Big Pony Collection - 3 by Ralph Lauren Polo Explorer (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Big Pony Collection for Women - 2 by Ralph Lauren Polo Sport Woman by Ralph Lauren