Pure Turquoise (2005)

Pure Turquoise by Ralph Lauren

Pure Turquoise is a perfume by Ralph Lauren for women and was released in 2005. The scent is aquatic-green. The production was apparently discontinued.

Annie Buzantian

Top Notes Top NotesCactus blossom, Lily-of-the-valley, Blackcurrant blossom, Violet leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrange blossom, Rose, True aloe
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Birch, Bourbon vanilla, Patchouli, Rum

Submitted by Lissy, last update on 10.04.2019

Turquoise stone and sky
A singular, intensely fragrant flower, emerging from the cracked earth in the dry desert heat, reaching for the scorching sun in the turquoise sky.

A dry, hot, poignant floral, parched but thriving. The notes come together beautifully to create a unique, resonating scent that is much more than the sum of its parts.
7.5 5.0 5.0 8.0/10

An Endless White Desert of Shimmering Sand...
Ralph Lauren's PURE TURQUOISE is a subtly alluring, unique, long-lasting unisex chypre. I obviously love this fragrance, judging by the fact that I drained every last drop from my bottle and have been pining for more ever since...

Who knew that cactus and birch could find a place in perfume? Well they do here, and I love this combination: everything is perfectly measured so that nothing really stands out. Vanilla and rum might have been disastrous for me (I actually suffer a gag reflex at the very thought of rum and coke!) Instead, PURE TURQUOISE somehow combines a variety of unlikely elements--including the sometimes domineering patchouli and intense neroli--into a symphonic poem, evoking an endless white desert of shimmering sand, where tumbleweeds blow by as the warm wind caresses the wearer's soul.

PURE TURQUOISE is a dry, nonflowery chypre which should appeal to anyone who likes Boucheron's JAIPUR SAPHIR (another great unisex fragrance, à mon avis)...
5.0 5.0 7.0/10

A fresh floral chypre
I expected Pure Turquoise to be rather aquatic and crisp for some reason, however I'd describe this fragrance as being more of a delicate and fresh bouquet of flowers.

Pure Turquoise is surprisingly pretty and feminine. The lily is the obvious dominant floral in the composition, however unique additives of cactus, birch, rum and cassia, keep this fragrance from becoming too predictable.

This fragrance has a delightful softness which makes it ideal for wear in the warmer months. In a way, Pure Turquoise is a softer and fresher version of Donna Karan's Gold.

It's a pity that Ralph Lauren has decided to discontinue this fragrance. At the moment I'm finding this fragrance being sold rather cheaply, sometimes unboxed. I actually prefer this fragrance over many of Ralph Lauren's other offerings.

I particularly enjoyed the muskiness and the earthiness from the patchouli in the drydown. I can't understand why some people are questioning whether or not Pure Turquoise is a floral chypre. To my nose it certainly is.

The lasting strength is rather good, however the sillage, particularly after a few hours is very weak, intimate in some ways. I may consider purchasing this fragrance just before Summer starts this year, however I still haven't made up my mind.
5.0 2.5 5.0 10.0/10

Walking Down Though Route 66
I Love the sweet scent of cactus bathing in the southwestern sun
the pure blue skies it's like your going on a journey though the caves
from the lost tribes of the southwest
you discoved different colored mineals on the caves and your watching the Navajo women weaving there famous quilts and you ride your horse though the desert that leads you to no where i just love this frangrance.
7.5 7.5 7.5 8.0/10

Cool desert air
Pure Turquoise is atmospheric in that it reminds me of the air surrounding a place. This scent is so evocative of the clear morning air of the desert southwest. It seems to surround you as if not emanating from a single source, but rather as if it were a part of the air itself. Rarely has a perfume so transported me. I find this perfume nostalgic in that so many of my family have moved to Arizona, and this scent makes me feel more connected to them.

This is a truly unusual, special scent that I hope to always have in my collection

by Sorceress
by NikkRouse10
by Arlufkin
by Arlufkin

Popular Ralph Lauren

Polo (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Safari (Eau de Parfum) by Ralph Lauren Polo Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Safari for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Polo Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Polo Red (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Polo Black (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Romance (Eau de Parfum) by Ralph Lauren Ralph by Ralph Lauren Lauren (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Big Pony Collection - 2 by Ralph Lauren Big Pony Collection - 4 by Ralph Lauren Blue by Ralph Lauren Big Pony Collection - 1 by Ralph Lauren Glamourous by Ralph Lauren Notorious by Ralph Lauren Big Pony Collection - 3 by Ralph Lauren Polo Explorer (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Big Pony Collection for Women - 2 by Ralph Lauren Polo Sport Woman by Ralph Lauren