Purple Label 2003

Purple Label by Ralph Lauren
Bottle Design David Antonuccio
Purple Label is a popular perfume by Ralph Lauren for men and was released in 2003. The scent is fruity-fresh. It is still available to purchase.

Firmenich

Tobacco flowerTobacco flower
Base Notes Base NotesOakmossOakmoss
MahoganyMahogany
MuskMusk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 24.03.2021.

GENTLEMAN CLUB
This special occasion specialist hits my heart and uplifts me overtime as I wear it.Because of my job, on daily basis I visit my customers and recently , I always want to wear purple label at my meetings.Honestly speaking , I was not waiting this performance.This is so unique and private for me.
2.5

Clean and sophisticated
I recently acquired some samples of this Purple label and was very pleased with the scent construction- it definitely smells purple, but slight and not cloying in its sweetness. I detect the green coriander, a light floral scent and slight orange in the top. This top combination seems to be what gives it the clean feel. After a few moments, this gives way to the middle notes of a bit of tabacco surrounded by herbal aromatics of thyme and a little sage as well. These top and middle notes are what define this scent for me, as the only base notes i seem to detect is a slight peppery-ness about 45min later. However, There are some notes i detect- lemon, violet flower or lavender perhaps, and later, pepper- that aren't in the pyramid, just as there are notes in the pyramid that i wish were noticable- blueberry and musk. I'm sure this could just be how my skin reacts to the scent as I've seen reviews that those less noticable notes were detected more by others.

Overall though, I'd say this is a nice, fresh, slightly crisp and very clean scent but the downside definitely comes with the sillage and longevity. It stays close to the skin, and is unoffensive- being the distinguished gent this frag is- so its good nobody is going to smell this across the room, but rather they must come close to appreciate it. So, the only Real downside to this (IMO) is the longevity- after 10-15 min i can barely smell it even with my nose pressed against the skin. And it also seems to have a gap in the notes, from the time the middle ends (15 min maybe), there is not a noticable smell for a good ten minutes or so then you get a fleeting peppery smell perhaps with a whisper of musk. However I must add that it is winter and very dry, so i will be updating in the warmer months, and I have my fingers crossed that it will last longer then.

Alas,
I can see this being a very nice everyday cologne (I hear it's discontinued though) for work or play, unoffensive for the office, but nice and slightly unique for intimate club setting. I will most likely buy a bottle while I can, because this is semi-addictive and very fresh smelling.

by 123321
by 123321

Popular Ralph Lauren

Safari (Eau de Parfum) by Ralph Lauren Polo (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Safari for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Tuxedo (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Safari (Parfum) by Ralph Lauren Lauren (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Polo Red Extreme by Ralph Lauren Polo Cologne Intense by Ralph Lauren Glamourous by Ralph Lauren Polo Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Polo Supreme Cashmere by Ralph Lauren Extreme Polo Sport by Ralph Lauren Polo Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Chaps (Cologne) by Ralph Lauren Blue by Ralph Lauren Polo Blue (Eau de Parfum) by Ralph Lauren Romance for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Ralph by Ralph Lauren Romance by Ralph Lauren Polo Supreme Oud by Ralph Lauren