Romance (1998) Eau de Parfum

Romance (Eau de Parfum) by Ralph Lauren

Romance (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Ralph Lauren for women and was released in 1998. The scent is floral-fresh. It is still in production.

Harry Frémont

Top Notes Top NotesFreesia, Ginger, Chamomile, Lychee, Pot marigold, Rose
Heart Notes Heart NotesLily, Lotus, Violet, White violet
Base Notes Base NotesOakmoss, Exotic woods, Musk, Patchouli

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 19.02.2019

4.0 5.0 5.0 1.0/10

A Surprisingly Really Bad Floral From Ralph Lauren
Romance was a fragrance that I looked forward to testing because I love Ralph Lauren Safari and had reasonably high expectations for Romance, but Romance is definitely not another Safari. Where to begin?

I really do not enjoy giving any fragrance a negative review, but Romance is a very synthetic mishmash of notes that smell more like a very inexpensive floral-type air freshener than anything else, and it gave me a bit of headache. I would not want to smell this even in a public convenience much less on myself or anyone else in the room with me. I am thoroughly disappointed as well as sad that the legendary Ralph Lauren's name is on this product. I am glad I did not purchase it blindly and only had a sample of it which I will promptly pass on. This is one of the very few fragrances that I would not wear even if it were gifted me.

Fragrance: 1/10

Projection: 5/10

Sillage: 5/10

Longevity: 5/10 (Thank goodness!)
5.0 5.0 6.0/10

Basic clean floral; not overly romantic
Romance is a pleasant, clean-smelling fruity floral, yet it is a little too soapy for my liking.

It tends to have that generic shampoo type scent, which although refreshing and no doubt attractive to the opposite sex, I feel that it has been done and re-done in fragrances way too many times.

Do I feel that Romance is a romantic fragrance? No, not really. A romantic scent in my opinion is something that smells intense, passionate and warm. Romance is more likely to make one feel conservative and reserved.

While Ralph Lauren does tend to produce some lovely and incredibly popular fruity floral scents, I feel that they've played it safe with this one.

However, I must add that Romance has great sillage and lasting power. Had it been given another name and been promoted as a bright, refreshing and Spring-like scent, I may have liked this fragrance a little better. Unfortunately, Romance has left me disappointed and underwhelmed.

Checkin 3 years ago
A refreshing floral scent nice for spring and summer
5.0

by Schnuffi
by Schnuffi
by pudelbonzo
by pudelbonzo

Popular Ralph Lauren

Polo (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Safari (Eau de Parfum) by Ralph Lauren Polo Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Safari for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Polo Red (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Polo Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Romance (Eau de Parfum) by Ralph Lauren Polo Black (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Ralph by Ralph Lauren Lauren (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Big Pony Collection - 2 by Ralph Lauren Big Pony Collection - 4 by Ralph Lauren Blue by Ralph Lauren Glamourous by Ralph Lauren Big Pony Collection - 1 by Ralph Lauren Notorious by Ralph Lauren Big Pony Collection - 3 by Ralph Lauren Polo Explorer (Eau de Toilette) by Ralph Lauren Polo Sport Woman by Ralph Lauren Big Pony Collection for Women - 2 by Ralph Lauren