Kokain Black Ash 2020

Kokain Black Ash by Rammstein
Kokain Black Ash is a new perfume by Rammstein for men and was released in 2020. The scent is smoky-leathery.

Alexandre Illan

Top Notes Top NotesSaffron, Incense material, Styrax
Heart Notes Heart NotesLeather, Frankincense, Cypress
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Resins

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 18.10.2020.

Russian weekly market
Unfortunately I cannot agree with the good review. The smell immediately reminded me of my second home. This is exactly how a Russian weekly market smells: beer, kvas, salty, fishy, smoky, animalistic and rustic.
In fact, the smoky note and the astringency is not bad at all, in fact, quite good. However, the salty fish smell swings along with it and destroys the fragrance. A nice memory she offers me always, but nothing more.
Rammstein gets better
I had previously tested "cocaine" and it was decidedly too synthetic sweet for me. So I was sceptical about "Black Ash"
I was positively surprised right from the start. First I took the smoky note and not the still contained but here secondary "cocaine sweetness". The top note might not be everybody's cup of tea, because it is already penetratingly smoky-sweet.

But after about half an hour he lay down there. The smoky note has become pleasant and the sweetness in the heart notes is reminiscent of Otto Kern's "Man of Passion", only smokier. I like that a lot, because I like "Man of Passion" a lot, but I miss the masculine note a bit. That is present here with the smoke. So you could say "Black Ash" is an improvement of "Man of Passion" for me...

On the whole, it is still too sweet and not smoky enough for me, but a clear favourite that I will get.

The durability is great. Even the next day it can still be warmed. The woody base note layered with fresh Boss Bottled is fantastic. It gives the fruity Bottled an extra smoky and resinous undertone. I like that a lot.

Also the combination "Black Ash" and "Dark Woods" by Thomas Sabo is good. "Dark Wood" is sprayed on and "Black Ash" is added after about 2 hours. The result is the typical smoky-sweet scent, refined with a citric-woody undertone. So at least on my skin it smells great.

Duftrebellen
"Take this one, he's like the Black Afgano"
That's what they said when I was on the island and forgot to take a perfume with me. Good thing Julian gave me this tip a week before and I suddenly discovered this square black and wooden chunk in the drugstore. The old-established scent aristocracy probably turns over in his grave when comparing "Black Afgano -> Black Ash". He can also do it quietly. But the comparison isn't that far-fetched: even if there will be better and more exact dupes - with cocaine "Black Ash" from Rammstein, a cheap drugstore fragrance is the first one to hit the right scent - and it's not that unsuccessful at all.

The external values: Already the black, matt packaging of the smooth cube makes a dark promise. A wooden-look bar runs through the centre of the cube as well as around its base, and could even represent the fragrance composition that this eau de toilette aims to achieve in a figurative sense - greyish and dark scents are caressed by a touch of wood and smoky aspects. When the bottle is removed from its packaging, where it is stuck in a fine foam base before being pulled out, an equally square-shaped body appears in the slightly brownish-coloured glass, with a stylish Rammstein logo on the front and back. A black lid hides an equally black atomizer head, which sprays the fragrance wide and finely, held and surrounded by a copper-gold ring as a frame. The flacon appears compact and solid.

The inner values: The first time sprayed on, smoky notes come towards you with a touch of leather. Later on, wood resins - but especially sandalwood - come to the fore and round off the fragrance. One has to admit that the Sillage is nothing special, rather flat and standard. But the durability (for a drugstore fragrance) makes up for that - I was able to smell the black ash for about 4 hours during a hot and hectic working day. On my clothes even twice as long and with a lot of luck a little longer, as I was allowed to notice, when I slipped into my everyday clothes after 11 hours, freed from my working clothes and was immediately surprised again with a good smelling kick of the dark cocaine.

The conclusion is: "the Black Afgano of the drugstores" Here we go. I know that with this conclusion, all the old grannies and granddads will have their milk tipped over from the Sunday table during coffee parties and blasphemy. As if the tattooed boy next door had turned up the rock music too much again. Life goes on - every perfume lover will feel that he or she will find a dupe in the world of niche fragrances, which he or she will claim as the forerunner of Rammstein's cocaine Black Ash. For us fragrance rebels, Black Ash is the clear attempt to be a cheap equivalent of the classic Nasomatto. In the end the fragrance is convincing. It goes strongly recognizably in this scent direction, even if it does not come close to the great model for a long time. For me personally, the sandalwood is too strong towards the end of the day and dilutes the otherwise solid scent. But if you like the sandalwood direction and don't want to spend more than 30€ - you'll love Black Ash.

Grab it while the ashes are still hot & fresh - André from the fragrance rebels

Risen from the ashes
Much more I refer to the fragrances of the past, whose characteristics can be seen in Cocaine Black Ash. This is my first comment, so I will be brief. There are 3 names I would like to mention:
-Encre Noire from Lalique,
-Dark Rebel by John Varvatos,
-A*men by Thierry Mugler.
I love all three... And in the Black Ash I can smell one (or more) facet of each of the mentioned fragrances. As soon as I saw this square bottle on the shelf, I knew it was a sign. I smelled it immediately on the strip and even more on my hand. Later at home, after unpacking the bottle and a proper dose, I thought: The time has come to write my 1st comment at parfumo.de. Thanks

Popular Rammstein

Rosenrot by Rammstein Kokain by Rammstein Kokain Intense by Rammstein Kokain White Ash by Rammstein Zwinger by Rammstein