Ambre Loup (2012)

Ambre Loup by Rania J.

Ambre Loup is a popular perfume by Rania J. for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is woody-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Rania Jouaneh

Oud, Gaiac wood, Cedarwood, Musk, Peru balsam, Labdanum absolute, Vanilla absolute, Amber, Clove, Spices, Tonka bean, Vetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 02.10.2019

10.0 10.0 4.0/10

Natural leather frontal flap
I got hold of the fragrance while browsing the souk with various other fragrances from Globomanni. :)

Pfuh, for a long time no longer so enormously intense, beguiling & at the same time much too intense & long-lasting fragrance smelled more. Never before in the natural fragrance sector, especially since natural perfumes usually smell rather weak and / or short-lived - best example: the sometimes fantastically beautiful, but much too weak-chested Walden fragrances.

That "Ambre Loup" is a natural perfume was something I had completely forgotten during testing, as my sample pack contained a wild mix of synthetic, semi-synthetic & natural fragrances. ;-)

"Ambre Loup" begins with me in a fascinating mono-nature leathery way, I hung on my wrists again and again as if spellbound. In my eyes clearly something so masculine - and yet I really liked him about me!

1.2 hours after my balcony break, when I went back to the (covered = not so windy) balcony, I thought, I won't be anymore: while the scent had slowly developed from mono-leather to leather with heavy, warm, oriental notes, I stepped out of the kitchen into a fragrance time capsule - natural leather, as it says in the beech! o_o

In the 90sqm booth - and also on my wrists - the scent has been hanging for several hours now, on my wrists despite careful washing with an intensively naturally scented liquid soap!

In the beginning, I was fascinated by the components, but then I read them again in disbelief - leather? But that's a bad thing!

What do the others write? Apparently a completely different scent than I'm experiencing right now... suffer. o_o

Unfortunately after a short time my sometimes quite sensitive vegetative nervous system waved more and more vehemently with raised "Use that never again!" finger - first headache, then nerve pain - I have it until now, x hours later ...!

Horrified & frustrated I googled again quickly for the ingredients - at "100% Nature" everything fell out of my face!

I would never have expected such negative effects from a natural perfume a) this intensity and b) such. :-/ In x years of experience with natural fragrances, I have not yet found a single one (let alone a pure one) that so dominantly flattens everything else that circulates in such a way within a radius of felt 100 kilometers.

From roughly estimated "0-150 €" I have tested natural and semi-natural perfumes en masse over the past years. Not a single one that did not also contain oak moss in raw quantities and / or aggressive synthetic substances (some musk loads, lyral, lily, BHT e.g.) caused me problems, such massive problems by far never before.

Also my husband, who is the coarse opposite of me when it comes to fragrances & who at the time felt like he gave himself bucket-wisely "Fleur du Male" (JPG), feels "Ambre Loup" as too intense, too frontal.

Conclusion:
nothing for me & Thanks to Goooott nothing for my husband either. The constellation that he would have liked it would probably have been by far the worst here - an eternal topic with us, unfortunately, since synthetic clubs hang all day long in my home office & add to my body when he wraps himself in a scented puff bell before work in the morning. Only not nearly as massive as "Ambre Loup".

I vehemently denied my husband's suggestion that he could test how the fragrance would develop on him & packed the bottle away well. o_o
6.0 7.0 10.0 7.0/10

Desperate
in a number of ways. When I received a sample of this fragrance about 1.5 years ago, I was repelled and fascinated, but not enthusiastic. It's one of two scents that made me laugh when I first consumed it. It was unimaginable for me that someone would sit down for months to hatch something like that and then have the naivety to bring it to market. As if there were actually buyers out there, who would be looking for something like this with the huge selection available anyway.

"For me, "something like that" was dull, dust-dry, amber-like and smoky at the same time. I was close to choking to death. If you inhale it deeply, no oxygen gets lost in your nose and lungs. Like smoke. It was definitely not perfume for me. But it wasn't a chemical or anything from the building materials trade either. It wasn't from this world. The depressing thing was that our "anteroom lady", who knew about my perfume search, appreciated the fragrance positively. And it only does that with very few fragrances.

So the sample could not be destroyed, given away or buried, but wandered into my cabinet of curiosities. And be it only as a reminder or to shock those interested. One day, when I was surfing at a big online auction house, I actually came across a cheap offer from Ambre Loup. I was pretty sure that nobody would jump on it immediately, so I had enough time to test it again before I got carried away with an unreasonable thing. The poor salesgirl was very "accommodating" with the price and presumably glad to have got something for her wrong purchase. And so I finally bought more for fun than for conviction.

About 1/2 year ago I was wearing the fragrance on my whole body for the first time and was surprised and happy that the investment was not so bad after all. Yesterday it was the second "infusion". I'm still at a loss. And more helpless make me all comments and almost all statements here.

There's always "vanilla," "sweet," and "cuddly." Yes. Yes Apart from "sweet", these are already terms that apply. But they would also come to me after 1/2 hour of intensive sniffing and two weeks do not bear in mind.

It's not a trivial "Amberchen" for me. It's confessed Amber with a huge amount of smoke on it. In combination this results in this unmatched bluntness, which is usually called "powdery" here. Mausebeers "bitter-biting burnt" I like there quite well as description. When approached for a short time, it actually comes to mind as "animalistic", which, however, does not remain sustainable when observed for a longer period of time.

I'm surprised to see so many people obsessing over the scent after all. For me it might as well have appeared on Beaufort, so offside I find the.

Another special feature: With this fragrance I could notice the difference between durability and Sillage like no other before. The shelf life is frightening. When showering, strong swaths are released without significantly reducing the performance. Which hasn't been done yet. The smell in the hair (a spray always goes there) also survived a shampoo wash. It's similar in clothing. For another two days the T-shirt emitted a pleasant and clearly identifiable scent.

The bottle is simple, but ok. The sprayer works very well.

Rania J Ambre Loup Review
An amber perfume that's truly unique and that's what Ambre Loup by Rania J is. One of the most original compared to any other amber I have in my collection and i do have 20+ different ambers but I find Rania J Ambre Loup a more cozy amber even with it's spiciness and very light animalic undertones. Very underrated too in fact Rania J is very underrated as a perfume brand. But if you would like to find an amber that's spicy and cozy to wear search no more. To find out more please also watch my video with special guest Ana. Thank you.

6.0/10

Smoky woody comforting amber
A woody smoky amber that reminded me straight off upon wearing of Mona di Orio's Ambre. I compare all the ambers I try to the watermark held by Serge Lutens' Amber Sultan. Lutens' is more of a dry amber and Rania's more cozy and powdery. Amber Sultan always makes me think of a dry arid desert and Rania calls to mind a winter's night in an isolated mountain lodge somewhere far away from my tropical island home. Sillage and longevity wise are both very good, the ingredients are obviously of good quality and overall this is worth its price. In terms of price, this might knock Mona's ambre off my want list.

JoaoMartins 13 months ago
One of the most skankiest fragrances I've ever smelled. I find it interesting people don't ever say this is ultra animalic.+1

by JoHannes
by JoHannes
by K1
by K1
by Laurence
by Laurence
by Fivetoes74
by Fivetoes74
It is a big one of the big ones, having as base the Amber

Popular Rania J.

Ambre Loup by Rania J. Lavande 44 by Rania J. Oud Assam by Rania J. T. Habanero by Rania J. Cuir Andalou by Rania J. Rose Ishtar by Rania J. Jasmin Kâma by Rania J. Musc Moschus by Rania J.