Ambre Loup (2012)

Ambre Loup by Rania J.

Ambre Loup is a popular perfume by Rania J. for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is sweet-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Rania Jouaneh

Oud, Gaiac wood, Cedarwood, Musk, Peru balsam, Labdanum absolute, Vanilla absolute, Amber, Clove, Spices, Tonka bean, Vetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 02.12.2018

6.0 7.0 10.0 7.0/10

Desperate
in a number of ways. When I received a sample of this fragrance about 1.5 years ago, I was repelled and fascinated, but not enthusiastic. It's one of two scents that made me laugh when I first consumed it. It was unimaginable for me that someone would sit down for months to hatch something like that and then have the naivety to bring it to market. As if there were actually buyers out there, who would be looking for something like this with the huge selection available anyway.

"For me, "something like that" was dull, dust-dry, amber-like and smoky at the same time. I was close to choking to death. If you inhale it deeply, no oxygen gets lost in your nose and lungs. Like smoke. It was definitely not perfume for me. But it wasn't a chemical or anything from the building materials trade either. It wasn't from this world. The depressing thing was that our "anteroom lady", who knew about my perfume search, appreciated the fragrance positively. And it only does that with very few fragrances.

So the sample could not be destroyed, given away or buried, but wandered into my cabinet of curiosities. And be it only as a reminder or to shock those interested. One day, when I was surfing at a big online auction house, I actually came across a cheap offer from Ambre Loup. I was pretty sure that nobody would jump on it immediately, so I had enough time to test it again before I got carried away with an unreasonable thing. The poor salesgirl was very "accommodating" with the price and presumably glad to have got something for her wrong purchase. And so I finally bought more for fun than for conviction.

About 1/2 year ago I was wearing the fragrance on my whole body for the first time and was surprised and happy that the investment was not so bad after all. Yesterday it was the second "infusion". I'm still at a loss. And more helpless make me all comments and almost all statements here.

There's always "vanilla," "sweet," and "cuddly." Yes. Yes Apart from "sweet", these are already terms that apply. But they would also come to me after 1/2 hour of intensive sniffing and two weeks do not bear in mind.

It's not a trivial "Amberchen" for me. It's confessed Amber with a huge amount of smoke on it. In combination this results in this unmatched bluntness, which is usually called "powdery" here. Mausebeers "bitter-biting burnt" I like there quite well as description. When approached for a short time, it actually comes to mind as "animalistic", which, however, does not remain sustainable when observed for a longer period of time.

I'm surprised to see so many people obsessing over the scent after all. For me it might as well have appeared on Beaufort, so offside I find the.

Another special feature: With this fragrance I could notice the difference between durability and Sillage like no other before. The shelf life is frightening. When showering, strong swaths are released without significantly reducing the performance. Which hasn't been done yet. The smell in the hair (a spray always goes there) also survived a shampoo wash. It's similar in clothing. For another two days the T-shirt emitted a pleasant and clearly identifiable scent.

The bottle is simple, but ok. The sprayer works very well.

Rania J Ambre Loup Review
An amber perfume that's truly unique and that's what Ambre Loup by Rania J is. One of the most original compared to any other amber I have in my collection and i do have 20+ different ambers but I find Rania J Ambre Loup a more cozy amber even with it's spiciness and very light animalic undertones. Very underrated too in fact Rania J is very underrated as a perfume brand. But if you would like to find an amber that's spicy and cozy to wear search no more. To find out more please also watch my video with special guest Ana. Thank you.

6.0/10

Smoky woody comforting amber
A woody smoky amber that reminded me straight off upon wearing of Mona di Orio's Ambre. I compare all the ambers I try to the watermark held by Serge Lutens' Amber Sultan. Lutens' is more of a dry amber and Rania's more cozy and powdery. Amber Sultan always makes me think of a dry arid desert and Rania calls to mind a winter's night in an isolated mountain lodge somewhere far away from my tropical island home. Sillage and longevity wise are both very good, the ingredients are obviously of good quality and overall this is worth its price. In terms of price, this might knock Mona's ambre off my want list.

JoaoMartins 8 months ago
One of the most skankiest fragrances I've ever smelled. I find it interesting people don't ever say this is ultra animalic.+1

by Angua
by Laurence
by Laurence
by Fivetoes74
by Fivetoes74
It is a big one of the big ones, having as base the Amber

Popular Rania J.

Ambre Loup by Rania J. Lavande 44 by Rania J. Oud Assam by Rania J. T. Habanero by Rania J. Cuir Andalou by Rania J. Rose Ishtar by Rania J. Jasmin Kâma by Rania J.